Bacchus Marsh hospital?

8 replies to this topic

#1 young-mummy

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Okay guys, I'm 6 weeks pregnant and trying to find a comfortable hospital to deliver at,  
My mother gave birth to me at BM and my friend had her baby girl there 8 months ago and couldn't complain.. I'm curious about the doctors, the rooms, if your partner stays,  how early i need to book. Just all the positive and negative comments would be extremely helpful original.gif

Edited by young-mummy, 08 March 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#2 Jo-Anna

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

I had DS there 1 year ago. Best experience.

I went through a GP at the elms medical centre who did shared care with the hospital.

I had a private room, laboured in the bath and shower happily. Fantastic support and encouragement from the midwives. If you are planning on BF'ing they are great. I even rang back a couple of weeks later with bf'ing troubles and got onto a LC to just chat with on the phone.

Husband stayed in the room on the foldout. They encourage rooming in, but because it was quiet they offered to take DS for a couple of hours one night to get some sleep.
I was born there as was DH and my nephew and 3 friends children All good births.

I had a straight forward natural delivery, not sure about caesareans. I know they can do them there. PM if you want a recommendation for the GP or my wonderful Doula who works out of the hospital.
Couldn't fault my experience.

#3 Jo-Anna

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Oh and I booked through my GP at the first appointment I had and had to go up there around 12 weeks to officially book in. There is a baby boom in the area so I would book once you have your appointment.

#4 young-mummy

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Thank you so much Jo-Anna original.gif if you don't mind me asking, what doctor delivered and how were they? original.gif

Edited by young-mummy, 09 March 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#5 MegsW

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

I had my DD there 8 years ago in June.  It was lovely.  They had just done up the 2 new birth suites so it was really nice and new!

The midwives I had were fantastic.  I had a wonderful birth and they really supported me well.  They delivered DD and one of the Obs trained GPs from the local GP's office came and gave me a couple of stitches.

I stayed for 2 nights, in the birth suite because they were so quiet so I had a big double room to myself  DH didn't stay as we had two other children at home so he went home with them.

I saw an OB that came to the hospital for my appointments.  I was public so it didn't cost me anything!

#6 Oriental lily

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

My two youngest babies were born there. I was lucky to have the same midwife attend both births and my youngest baby and I luckily delivered in the private room with a lovely private ensuite and large family bed. I felt spoilt. My midwife was also a lactation consultant and was amazing.

The midwife team and obs were also fantastic. I had PE threatening both my pregnancies and full blown PE in my first pregnacy and got amazing care in my later two. Not great care in my first though ( at a large western melb hospital)

So yes I adore this hospital. I rarely hear bad experiences from anyone giving birth there.

I actually really missed my prenatal visits due to them being like old friends.

Edited to add I self referred myself through Melton health. You simply call them and they will make an appointment with the midwife team and visit them in melton health which is on Barry's rd in Melton.

Everything is free except the 12 week nuchal fold test. Dating scans and morph scan are free though.

Edited by Oriental lily, 26 March 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#7 shoopdeboop

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Glad to hear the good experiences. I am 7 weeks and planning on having baby there also as it is close. I have been a little worried about it being a smaller hospital and have been considering Sunshine just in case anything happens that they can't handle there as I have been told they only do low risk pregnancies. Although I don't know how I'd go on the drive to Sunshine during contractions, I remember how bad that was in my last pregnancy!

#8 ChrissieAngela

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Im almost 8 weeks and i really wanted to have mine there but my bmi is above 40 so i cant sad.gif

#9 tara75

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

i had my first there at 38 weeks and my second at 31.6weeks he came very quick and they were really great with the hole sitaution until  NETS arrived and transfered him down to melbounre. my third I also had a big bleed at around 32 weeks and stay the night and back again when my waters broke at 34.3 weeks which I was transfered to geelong to have my son. I would be happy to go back there if i have another one.

my husand stay the night when I had my first. I think with all three I booked in about 14 weeks.

Edited by tara75, 09 April 2012 - 02:43 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.