American Idol anyone?
may contain spoilers

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#101 ~Nodnol~

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

ph34r.gif I find it very hard to believe that Elise, consistently in the bottom three, no real image that Tweens can identify with, got more votes than a dude that looks like Colton.  ph34r.gif

#102 Guest_holy_j_*

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Elise would have gotten the sympathy vote - going by what Jimmy said.

#103 moose2

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Colton's gone. I have to be honest, the kid is super talented but he was rearranging songs beyond recognition. I believe he will be back on the AI stage next year, singing a new release off his album.

Holly - loved her singing Adele. Thought she did okay with her second song too.

Skylar - her songs this week were nasally, noisy, screechy blah. She screamed 'heard it through the grapevine' - and the judges loved it? Awful, truly awful.

Joshua - I know he can sing, but I don't understand the judges absolute worship of him. I still wish he sang something with a bit more grunt. Disappointed with his song choices. With Soul Train - there were so many great male artists that he old have chosen from.

Jessica - showing off again. Soul train - so many fun, catchy songs that could have been sung - but no - something that highlights her vocal range gets a little boring after a while. I hope she goes home soon. It's a given that she will end up with a record deal, so if she goes soon someone like Phillip has a shot at he title.

Elise - I didn't love her first song. Didn't hate her second.

Phillip - didn't know if he could pull off an Usher song but he did! Second song was good, but not as great as the first.

Think it will be a Phillip, Joshua and Jessica final. Out of the three, based on their current styles I'd only buy an album from Phillip. biggrin.gif

#104 AstralMoon

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Wow, I thought Colton would win it but just goes to show.....BUT it just leaves the crown open to....Skylar!!  UGH!!!  As a pp said, and I've said before, she is truly awful!!! But everyone thinks she is so great week after week!

Colton will go far.  

Didn't mind Hollie, and Elise went baaad.

Jessica is very boring, yes you can have a massive 'gift' but there's nothing else to back it up! Just arrogance.
Sometimes I think she says nothing because she knows she's all that and when she does say something it is something totally ridiculous and fake.
Like when she said she thought the judges were coming up to her when she was singing for the save because they thought she was a bad singer and wanted her to stop.
Um, riiiight.

WISH WISH WISH that Philip would win but, who cares in a way, cos he will have a career no matter what.

#105 Zarlias

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Just watching a recorded version of tonight's show and I just have to say...

HOW in ten blue hells is Elise still there considering who's been sent home thus far

rant.gif

#106 Guest_holy_j_*

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

I loved Elise tonight awesome job on both songs. As did Phil. I think the judges might be right in saying that their 2nd choices weren't right, because they weren't all that well known BUT the voters might get the sh*ts at their presumption that they know nothing about music, which might help them get more votes. Did that make sense?

Elise is extremely talented, she has made some sh*tty choices with songs, but equally she has had some really stand out performances, that's why she's still there. Also the alternatives for the girls  are the pop princesses hollie and jessica, or country skylar so if that'snot your thing...

Skylar, did not like her first performance that song didn't lend itself well to her country twang. 2nd performance was very good - country song so of course it should be.

Joshua- first song, a tad screechy in places but overall very strong. 2nd song did not like it, don't know it and it wasn't something i could pick up easily.

Jessica- good performances, predictable.

Hollie- I thought she outperformed Jessica tonight. I don't know what the heck JLo was on about with the first song, she started crapping on about emotions and smiling, i FFwed after that, the song was save me, hardly a song to smile about. The climb was a good choice for her, suited her.

#107 Guest_holy_j_*

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Guess I was wrong.

If Phil goes next week, show's over for me   biggrin.gif

#108 Zarlias

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Sadly, I think Phill may be in trouble this week.  sad.gif

#109 moose2

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

Didn't add mt two cents last week as I really felt they were all a bit blah.

This week however:

Holly - loved her Leona Lewis song - job well done.

I never thought I'd say this but Phillip was fairly ordinary this week.

Joshua - great to hear him sing a gutsy male song - that would grow on me. Joshua singing Mariah Carey and the like - mmmm no thanks.

Jessica - we get it your great, and you can do all kinds of crazy vocal acrobatics with your voice. I really felt that she was singing that second song to herself - mean I know, but she seems a little smug to me. Give her the record deal already.

Skylar - sounds so much better when she drops the twang. The twang doesn't make her sound cuter, can someone please pass on that message?

Think Phillip will be in he bottom three sad.gif

#110 Guest_holy_j_*

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

Holly:  first song fantastic, 2nd song, great, but could have took a few more breaths in there! much better choices from here than in previous weeks.

Phil: average, 1st song where was the chorus??, 2nd song, preferred but no moments this week for me either.

Skylar: the first song yuk, monotonous pretentious dribble. 2nd song, very good, would have been fanastic apart form one bit towards the end where she went over the top and tried too hard. She is really good when she doesn't oversing things.

Jessica: WTF was the first song? Working for the man every day in what, a strip club? opening the song with a beaded curtain in the background, in her in an ultra tight dress, you are 16 love what were they thinking?.  She looked awful,  the set was awful, the singing was awful, the dancing was mostly her hobbling back and forth across the stage.    2nd song was good but i think her voice is too young and too feminine for that song.

joshua- first song great, in his element, 2nd song got overly "screamy" for me.

Hollie suprisingingly did the best overall for me this week.

#111 ~Nodnol~

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm a bit shocked that Phil didn't get the boot- especially after his girlfriend was pointed out.  laughing2.gif He's still good, but he's Phil. Doesn't change at all.

Jessica's dress was  ohmy.gif She was so so. But we all know what I think about her lol.

Hollie was amazing, she really stepped up this week I thought.

Joshua- same, fantastic performances. What else to say?

Skylar- meh. She has done much better.

#112 baddmammajamma

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I thought Hollie was the best this week, and I am not surprised that Phil wasn't in the bottom two (and I'm happy about that). Of the remaining contestants, I think he is the most marketable, and personally, I like his voice. In terms of just sheer vocal ability, I think Joshua is in a class by himself. Jessica is starting to grate on my nerves. I much prefer Hollie's sound and personality.

I really enjoyed Skylar. I predict a very long & successful country career for her.

P.S: I bet P2's girlfriend will not be in the picture long. wink.gif

Edited by baddmammajamma, 04 May 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#113 ~Nodnol~

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

laughing2.gif Probably not BMJ.

#114 Zarlias

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Haven't watched yet, but am so very pleased to hear that Phill didn't go home.

Even though he is by far the most interesting and original performer, when you know that 93% of the voting population are teenaged girls, it's a worry when the other el blando people finally do a good job.

Personally, I think his part in the Righteous Brothers duo was superb, and very likely may have saved his tail feathers. The girls just lurve them an emo ballad, and he really shone in that performance. Even his elastic/plastecine face was more under control.

I will be stoked to see him make the final.

Z

#115 AstralMoon

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Well it's between P2 and Joshua for me now. Both were great, Joshua to win probably, wish Phil would.

I think people will reject Jessica in the end. I won't repeat myself about her!

Hollie always being in the bottom 3 doesnt auger well.

SO GLAD that Skylar went - man she really thought she had it in the bag.

Oh yes, she will have a country career -it goes to show how a non singer from the right background can have a career there. She is dreadful.    
Compare her to Carrie Underwood though - chalk and cheese!  
(Even though Carrie's performance last night was meh and so was the new song. Her other stuff has been really good. )

#116 baddmammajamma

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Wow -- what a night for P2! He was spectacular!

#117 Bubblybear

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hope the 2 boys get into the finals. They were fantastic. Joshua is just in a class of his own.

#118 ~Nodnol~

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

So do I bubblybear. I'd like to see Joshua win it over P2 though- he is more "idol" than Phil, who will be huge no matter what. He'll be better doing his own stuff anyway.  biggrin.gif

It's a shame Hollie went, I liked her. I hope she gets picked up by someone.

#119 AstralMoon

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Go the boys!!!

#120 Guest_holy_j_*

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Yes I would have preferred Hollie over Jessica to stay. I only watched last weeks eps last night, P2 was wow wow wow, Jessica irritating, Hollie good job, Joshua, great job.  Oh well. P2 for the win.

#121 ~Nodnol~

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

What a brown nose Jessica is. She sings (as her choice) "don't wanna miss a thing"  rolleyes.gif

C'mon the boys.  biggrin.gif

#122 baddmammajamma

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hoping for an all-male final as well.

I've made my bias known in previous posts, but I thought P2 was on fire tonight. "Beggin'" was spectacular! I've already downloaded it from itunes.

By the way, are the AI songs available on Aussie itunes? If not, I've purchased most of P2's catalogue, in case anyone wants a copy. I can legally burn a few. original.gif

Edited by baddmammajamma, 17 May 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#123 Bubblybear

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

Loved P2 tonight!!
I like his style of singing - would love it if he becomes Boss 2 as what Steven Tyler suggested.

#124 Guest_holy_j_*

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

yes go the boys.

Jessica: first one, didn't mind, 2nd one awful, she ruined that song and steven tyler needs his hearing checked if he thinks that was a good performance. 3rd song, started off okay, then the stupid deep voice came on, which made me dry retch.

Joshua: imagine was good, not fantastic though, 1st and 3rd got a bit shouty in places for me, not my thing.

Phil: 1st song wow wow wow, 2nd song ready to be released, 3rd song wow wow wow. Judges crapping on about not loving the 2nd song, not every song has to have a screechy screaming moment. rant.gif  

There is something wrong with America if they don't put P2 in the final!!!!

#125 chobs3

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Is there anyone here that doesn't like P2? I would like Josh to win

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.