IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#101 mitchp

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hey all - Spring, CONGRATULATIONS! That is huge, awesome, wonderful, exciting news.  bbighug.gif

As Libra said - it gives us all hope:)

It sounds like all others are gung ho either onto their next cycle or waiting for it to begin, exciting times girls.

AFU - DP and I are doing ok. We have 5 weeks until our Fijian trip, so won't be having the next cycle/transfer until July. We're doing ok within ourselves, still very much happy together and I figure, we've gone through so much that I never would have been able to do before, that I really believe we belong together.

We are off to (number 5 this year) another wedding tomorrow of which my ex and her pregnant GF will be attending. So wish us luck!

Good luck all, and again, Spring, a huge congrats to you babe, that's awesome news x

#102 Spock

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

spring, that is great news biggrin.gif . I know you don't want to get too excited yet but you are of to a good start. I hope your hcg numbers rise nicely to give you some comfort and the spotting stops. Have you spoken to any of the nurses (or the Hawaiin clinic) about the spotting as they might get you to do pessaries as well - that is what I had to do and then the spotting stopped. It is lovely to have some good news from this group.

mitchp, glad to see you and your dp are holding up as well as can be expected. It is nice you have Fiji to look forward to.

libra, sounds like a tough recovery but baking muffins helps happy.gif . i know what you mean about not wanting to wait too long, especially now you've had your surgery so you've already come so far. I hope coming of the pain meds next time is easier on you. Sending you lots of hugs.

hi everyone else.

afm, i start the pill tomorrow. isn't it sad how excited I am biggrin.gif . I am trying not to think about my upcoming surgery. going to keep busy - which is easy with my usual schedule, to keep my mind of everything. have a good weekend everyone.

#103 spring08

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thank you so much BJBubbles, Libra, Mitch & Spock! The support in this group is amazing.

The nurses and Hawaii weren't concerned about slight spotting, and it seems to have stopped today.

I will definitely be taking the chance to relax and enjoy this weekend! I had started planning a weekend riding my bike and drinking which is how my cycles usually end!

Libra, take it easy and don't be a hero with the pain meds. That was huge op. Hopefully a weekend relaxing at home and some pj time will help. Sorry that you dr is suggesting a longer break - probably doesn't know how tough you are!

Mitch, good luck with the wedding - hugs to you and you DP. A holiday is lovely to look forward to though and fiji will be perfect. Know what you mean about this making your relationship even stronger.  All the crap and dark times that we have to go through really tests us.

Spock, anything that gets us closer (even if it's starting the pill) is a good thing.

And BJB, how are you doing with the jet lag and cold weather back here?

Have a great weekend all  xoxo

#104 librablonde

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hi again ladies,

Since Spring08's great BFP I was thinking about what other Long Haulers have struck gold and had a BFP and baby-in-arms in the last 12 months of this BG.

Senecio- now with a DD
Liltuss- EDD in August 2012?
Indigo- EDD 22nd October 2012
First One-DD born  1st October 2011
Meggs1- not sure of details, sorry Meggs unsure.gif
Panda- DS born 27th October 2011
Brookar- DD born 8th Feb 2012

I'm sure there's many more that I've missed that have come from this Buddy Group... So I guess I just wanted to reassure myself that success does happen for us, and to just keep hanging in there.

xoxox

#105 minidiamond

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hi everyone
Just popped in to see how you were all going, especially libra after the op.  Things have been a bit busy I can see !

Libra, echo spring's thoughts, don't try to do too much, you're already have mega challenges with your 4 monkeys to look after.  I really hope the recovery speeds up soon & the next few months passes quickly for you to get back into another cycle.

spring, wow !  How amazing, congrats hun that is just fantastic news !  One week at a time I know but I am crossing everything for you !!!  I had spotting for the first 3 weeks or so after BFP and then it appeared again when AF would've been due.  It is really common.

BJ,
welcome home ! Hope you had a great time !

spocky, each little step is one closer to the next cycle & hopefully a successful BFP.  Big hugs to you ahead of your upcoming surgery

Zoe
, how are you doing ??

Hi Halby hope you got my PM okay

Hi to everyone else ....

Libra, your post about grads from this thread triggered my teary preggo hormones - it's so difficult to know how to say this properly without sounding trite but yes, success can come after many tries & I just really want everyone here to keep hope alive.

Edited by Liltuss, 18 May 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#106 BJBubbles

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Spring - hope you've had a nice relaxing weekend with no more spotting...  As libra said - it's awesome, and encouraging to see someone have some success!  

Thanks for that list Libra - most days is still know and believe we WILL have a baby... one day...  but the reassurance that hanging in there is worth is is helpful on those bad days...

Spock - was your surgery yesterday or next week??? Either way, goo that you can have it done on a Saturday and rest for the weekend afterwards...

Libra - sorry to hear your recovery has been harder than you planned. But as has been said - don't be a hero! Take the pain killers and rest.  When I had my op (all be it smaller than yours!) my surgeon told me you're better off taking pain killers you don't need, than needing to take them... "stay on top of the pain, don't let the pain get on top of you" Listen to your body and take the time to let it heal.  The slower you go now, the sooner (hopefully) you will actually recover and you can start another cycle!  You sound like super woman to me - looking after your 4 foster kids with a partner that lives away! Why does your doc want you to wait - for the scar etc to heal or is there another reason?  Hang in there and take it easy...

Mitch - I hope the wedding wasn't too painful for you... it's never easy seeing an ex...  But start counting the days to your holiday! A break for just the 2 of you will be awesome - I know our holidays did wonders for our mental health!

Hi to everyone else!  waves.gif

Well - the detox was going well - lost 1kg in the week since getting home... and then we had friends over for dinner on Saturday night  blush.gif  DH and I love to cook and entertain, so there was WAY too much really good food, and WWWAAAYYYY too much wine - I was a *little* under the weather yesterday....  But back on the wagon today hahah

Also saw the FS on Thursday. I'd had most of the BT's before - clotting studies, Thyroid issues etc, but she did my AMH at my request, and the result has surprised her. She was expecting it to come back high given my age and PCOS etc, however it's actually a little low - 11.9 ...

So after a good discussion, we've decided to do an antagonist cycle (she was going to recommend trying a down reg, but my naturopath thinks that would be worse for me and I would like to try the antagonist again as I have gotten PG off it....) and up my gonal F dosage to 200 to try and get a few more eggs and hopefully some good day 5 embryos!  So not to just hang out and wait for AF (maybe 2 or 3 weeks away) and off we go!

In the mean time, DH currently unemployed (by choice) and should hopefully start his new job next week (he's bored!)  but it's fun having him home with me, so we're just enjoying hanging out, going out for coffee and working on our business!

xoxox

#107 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (librablonde @ 18/05/2012, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi again ladies,

Since Spring08's great BFP I was thinking about what other Long Haulers have struck gold and had a BFP and baby-in-arms in the last 12 months of this BG.

Senecio- now with a DD
Liltuss- EDD in August 2012?
Indigo- EDD 22nd October 2012
First One-DD born  1st October 2011
Meggs1- DS born 9 October 2011
Panda- DS born 27th October 2011
Brookar- DD born 8th Feb 2012

I'm sure there's many more that I've missed that have come from this Buddy Group... So I guess I just wanted to reassure myself that success does happen for us, and to just keep hanging in there.

xoxox

Yes this is the long haul buddy group, not the no haul buddy group.   Hang in there everyone.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tell us what you think

to WIN 1 of 2 $500 Coles/Myer gift cards

What not to say to a new mum

Some phrases just pop out before you really think about them, but there are some things you should try to not say to a new mum.

Why I'm glad to be an indulgent granny

The phone calls started a couple of weeks ago. At about 5.30 each evening - if I am lucky - I will be greeted by a sweet, excited voice declaring: "'Allo Annie".

Is this the worst relationship advice ever published?

You sometimes have to wonder whether relationship/sex advice from magazines is designed to help or humiliate.

How you talk to your baby now can impact social skills later

People used to think that social skills were something kids were born with, not taught.

Three truths about C-section mums

Lately I've been thinking about the caesarean stories and the brave women who birth their children with strength and beauty.

Scientists predict when you should start a family

Scientists have calculated at exactly what age you need to start trying to get pregnant to have the best chance of realising your dream. 

Differently abled child

When 'protecting' a child is really a cover for judgement

Why are people so concerned for this happy child and his mother?

When toddlers have strange obsessions

When it comes to two-year-olds and birthday cakes there are a few requests that are usually at the top of the list. But a cake featuring a local personal injury lawyer?

When Mama Bear strikes

When we become mums, our instinct to protect our children and keep them safe from harm is so strong we're often likened to a Mama Bear protecting her cubs.  

Immunity boosters for kids

There are no guaranteed ways to avoid the dreaded winter illnesses completely, but there are ways we can boost our children's immunity.

Mum shares portrait of her proudly breastfeeding three-year-old

Jade Beall usually chooses to breastfeed her son, now 3, in private. This week, however, she shared portraits of her breastfeeding her preschooler.

Dealing with a toddler's morning tantrums

Your schedule is not important to your two-year-old, and you cannot convince her otherwise. So what can you do?

Child in suitcase 'could have died eight years ago'

A child whose remains were dumped in a suitcase in the South Australian bush is believed to have been a girl aged between two-and-a-half to four.

MP breastfeeds baby during parliamentary session

An Argentinian mum and politician has caused a stir on social media after being filmed breastfeeding her baby.

My baby's first seizure

It was 1am on a cold winter's night when I woke suddenly to the screams of my 12-month-old son. Our lives were about to change forever.

Portable pools 'more dangerous than permanent ones'

Inflatable and portable children's pools may be required to be sold with compulsory fencing to prevent backyard drownings, with some experts even floating the idea of a ban.

Heartbreaking moment mum kisses her one-week-old goodbye

At 11.07am on April 2 this year, Sarah Marriott welcomed baby Sebastian into the world.

The amazing Tee Pee bed and kid-friendly Frankie Bunk bed

These kids' beds definitely fit the brief of providing personality and personal space for little people who are moving up in the world.

The funny things kids say when you're pregnant

Since becoming noticeably pregnant, my son has taken more of an interest in the sibling he'll soon have.

The real problem with having one child

In this age of political correctness, it seems the one subject still subject to discrimination is that of the Only Child.

Six-week-old baby found dead, believed stabbed

A neighbour heard a child screaming before a baby was found dead, believed to have been stabbed, in a house in Newcastle.

The fire hazard in more than 70,000 Australian homes

So far, 206 Samsung washing machines have caught fire and some have exploded. But many remain in people's homes.

How having a baby can bring on OCD

We all know that having a baby can turn your life upside down - and it can also bring a raft of new anxieties and worries.

IVF gender selection being considered for Australian parents

Couples using IVF may be able to choose the gender of their babies and women could be financially compensated for donating their eggs.

The best age to get married (according to the latest study)

Not too young, and not too old. That's reportedly the best age to get married. Not everyone agrees.

Get your FREE Baby & Toddler Show ticket!

Get your free ticket to the Sydney Essential Baby & Toddler Show for September 25-27 - register online now.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Tell us what you think

to WIN 1 of 2 $500 Coles/Myer gift cards

Why I'm choosing to be a single mother right from the start

I believe that you get out of families what you put into them, and I will give mine my all.

Mother and baby units are a necessity for mental health, not a luxury

I have had two postnatal psychotic episodes. The first when my eldest child was six weeks old, and another after my second child was born.

30 French baby names

French names are always in fashion, but a few have risen in popularity in recent years.

New mum's Spanish maternity nightmare

A British woman who gave birth in Spain has told of her ordeal after spending weeks trying to convince medics the baby girl was hers.

Preparing Rover to be a good dog with baby

Some friends of ours say that it's dangerous to have a dog around a newborn and that we should start looking for a new home for him. Is it?

Company offers to ship working mums' breast milk home

First Apple and Facebook announced they would pay $20,000 towards the cost of their female employees freezing their eggs, now IBM in the US has come up with an innovative new policy aimed at retaining female employees.

Prince William speaks of his pride at wife Kate and 'little joy of heaven' Charlotte

The Duke of Cambridge opened up about family life and his plans for the future in an interview to mark his first day as an air ambulance pilot.

'Glowing' eye saves baby Mason's life

A simple photo taken in front of an evening fire gave new mother Sarah Bowers the power to save her baby's life. 

Parenting and decision overload

Of all the advice people told me before having a baby, no one warned me about the amount of decisions involved.

Proof that toddlers can't be left unsupervised - ever

Parents of toddlers all know the moment when realise your child is being suspiciously quiet. It can only mean one thing - trouble!

Meet Jeremy Ryan, The Voice contestant with seven kids

If you have trouble recalling the ages of Jeremy Ryan's seven children on The Voice, you're not alone. So does he.

Baby's adorable reaction to wearing glasses for the first time

Getting glasses can be a formative moment in a person's life.

Police officer buys supplies for family after mum of six caught shoplifting

When a mum of six was caught shoplifting nappies, clothes and shoes for her kids, the last thing she expected was for a stranger to pay for her haul.

Why pregnant women on antidepressants shouldn’t panic about birth defect claims

The risk of having uncontrolled depression is far greater than the small increased risk of birth defects that may be associated with specific antidepressants.

Arrests made over children's birthday party brawl

Police have raided properties and arrested a number of people over a brawl at a child's birthday party at a play centre in Sydney's west.

Family shares awesome drone baby announcement

Looking for a creative way to share some big news? Look to the skies, like this family did.

Young warrior Owen defies doctors' predictions

Little Owen DiCandilo's name means "young warrior", and it's a description that perfectly fits the inspiring 18-month-old

Advice for dads: when to approach your wife for sex

The exhaustion that comes with caring for young children often means romance between parents becomes a thing of the past.

I might be fat, but I don't need saving

I've been fat for pretty much most of life, besides a few crazy moments of being less-fat, but for the most part I've existed on this earth with a little more meat on my bones than desirable.

The rookie mistakes we make as parents

Since the dawn of civilisation, generation after generation of new parents have had to rely on instinct, trial and error - and sometimes get it wrong.

FREE TICKET

See Pinky McKay live in Sydney

Get your free ticket to The Essential Baby & Toddler Show and save $20 - register online now!

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.