207 replies to this topic

#1 Freckles

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

New thread time ladies. Old thread is here. original.gif

Emma

#2 leebec

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

GOLD - thats got to be a good thing!

Edited by leebec, 28 February 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#3 mia6

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

Bronze original.gif

#4 Kate128

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Yay Leebec - you deserve a gold medal after everthing you went through recently!

How is everyone going today?

I just pushed our broken mower down to the mower shop, there wasn't any point trying to lift it into the car as the place is just down the hill and round the corner. But I couldn't help giggling all the way though, coz it made such a loud racket, and I felt everyone was looking at me, and I felt like they thought I must be a crazy psychotic woman who pushes mowers around instead of prams. And it sounded so horror movie in my head that I just got the giggles!! laughing2.gif

It is very hot up here today so maybe the heat has affected me!!

#5 AmberSpark

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Kate - you are a crack up - I am also picturing the Lawn mower.

Leebec - I am thinking of getting on the Costco bandwagon in Melbourne. I just might now. Good Luck with the next round and bonus on the extra money.

ME - So to further update you on our appointment yesterday we got all the results back for DH. So it was all good news and he doesn’t have any genetic abnormalities, so basically they said the reason we haven’t fallen is that DHs lil men are abnormally shaped and can’t penetrate the egg, but they have all the right amount of chromosomes to create a baby. So we have our first appointment on the 23rd March, but can’t start the counselling or nurses appointments until we get the police checks and Children Protective services forms back. And with a name like Jones, it may take a while, we couldn’t use the police check from the Job he just got as it has to say IVF, what a crock. Anyway, we are looking at our first round to be May / June. So apparently there is no difference in cost from Private to public, the only difference is the hospital beds apparently, so we are just going to stay with the Womens for now. I was very relieved with it all and feel like its my first big step forward. roll2.gif

Edited by Mish*J, 28 February 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#6 emso

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Good afternoon ladies

Fe - I'm sorry you have to go through this. You are such a strong woman and I hope you and your husband can move forward and enjoy life to the fullest.

We have just come back from the FS. Dh's testicles are healing nicely, so no issues there. We now have two options. adoption or donor sperm. As we want to try everything first, we are going down the donor sperm route. We are now on the wait list for donor sperm and have to see a counsellor a couple of times to make sure we're not crazy people and that we understand the implications of using a donor. Both DH and I have spoken about this at great lengths and udnerstand its a process we have to go through if we want a child that is a close to biological as possible. I don't think anythign will come up in counselling that we haven't already spoken about... I also have a strange feeling that the counsellor we are seeing is a lady i went to primary school and college with, which will make it awkward if she remembers who i am.  wacko.gif So our first counselling appointment is monday which also happens to be our first wedding anniversary... At least we're doing something together I guess.

Mum's coming round for dinner tonight, will talk it through with her as well. The FS suggested doing another IVF cycle and using donor sperm, or doing artificial insemination, but we've decided to use the eggs i have on ice and then go from there. I really want to avoid another IVF cycle if possible. FS did suggest that he could attempt another biopsy on DH but Dh is adament that he does not want his testicles touched by sharp objects again and is happy to use someone elses sperm.

So now its back to waiting for things to happen. I'm really hoping it won't take too long for a donor to become available, i'm so over this journey already and just want to be fat and pregnant, rather than just fat from emotional eating. sad.gif

#7 AmberSpark

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Emso - I feel for you, it is horrible to have to talk about this stuff but we did the same thing, as DH has Low Count and abnormal size, so the doctor said if they can't get any good ones from the semen, he will also do the needle thingy. My DH is adopted so was quick to say that we can use a donor if his don't work. I wish you every luck and success and I hear you on the emotional eating. Bugger it.

#8 scruff101

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hi lovely ladies  waves.gif

eyes - I am so sorry to hear of your sibling. I really don't know what to say  sad.gif .  Cherish the time you have left together and we're here for you. hhugs.gif

felix -  hhugs.gif  I am so sorry that it has come to this.  I truly admire your strength and courage you've shown in making the decision to move forwards and get on with life.

satay - how are you?  re: visiting your sil in hospital after she's given birth, don't go if you don't feel up to it.  Are able to talk to them beforehand and explain how hard it is for you?  If they had any compassion, they would understand.

emso - I think it's great that you and DH are able to talk so openly about your options regarding donor sperm and adoption.  It's so important to be on the same page.  
Oh, nearly forgot - well done on your egg haul  original.gif  As for pain after the epu - I didn't have that much as only 5 eggs were retrieved - FS told me that I was at no risk of OHSS whatsoever (dunno if that was a good thing or not  shrug.gif )

mish - thanks for the update on your appointment.  sorry af showed its ugly face  hhugs.gif  
As for the police checks - our surname is pretty common too and DH's check took 3 1/2 weeks to come through.

mia -  waves.gif  how are you doing?

zoe - welcome!

afm - going  wacko.gif   this TWW - Longest. Two. Weeks. Ever.  BT on Thursday.  AF hasn't showed up yet so that must be a good thing...

Hi to leebec, daisy, Sarah, bigwoo, skoki and to the rest of the ET.

ETA - who was it who was looking to get a dog??  My advice - do it!  I have 2 cats and let me tell you, they are a great source of stress relief and comfort after you've had a bad day.  original.gif

Edited by scruff101, 28 February 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#9 Kate128

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

PS.

Satay - I forgot to add this morning, that for what it's worth, if you don't feel up to visiting the One Hit Wonder in hospital, then stick to your guns and don't. Your mum shouldn't have any say in that. In fact, you could argue that you are being more caring by NOT going - imagine if you had a meltdown up in the maternity ward, it would be distressing for everyone. Why don't you offer to visit her at home afterwards when things are settled and then you can take a meal around too if you want. I really feel for you and hope that you manage the situation ok.

Sorry for short post, will be back tomorrow  original.gif

#10 emso

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

Facebook is the enemy.... last night my two friends who got married about 6 months before us put their announcement up... it annoys me as he is such a pot head and still managed to get his swimmers in the right place and the right time. I'm truely happy for them... but i'm so depressed for me. It just hurts when I know theres nothing that we can do to make it happen, we can't try harder, or "just relax" or take herbs and magic pills, cos it will never happen that way. Instead we need a group of men to help us just to get pregnant. what makes it worse, i was at my grandad's house on monday picking up a dinner set that my dad used as a kid and my nana was telling me about how many great grandchildren she has on her side (both remarried after partners died) and that she is waiting for us to pop out one. It got to me... because i'd love nothing more than to be the first one to give my grandad his first great grandchild, but there is at least two others that could be in contention for that spot any time now. I really don't know how i'll cope with that, i've always come in second best with the family, someone always beats me too it.... and its not for lack of trying.

If life is full of lessons, and is always trying to teach us stuff... what is this supposed to be teaching us? what are we supposed to be learning from this? How am I going to be a better person at the end of this instead of a bitter and twisted one?

sorry for being a downer, blame fb and this sh*tty sydney weather. Stinking hot one day, then cold and torrential rain the next. LOL

#11 Bigwoo

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

hi all.

It's been a long time between posts as I have felt at a loss for words when we are all having such a sh*tey time, but I have been ph34r.gif . I think I, too, need some time to get some perspective on this whole thing.

felix - what a shock. you guys are so brave but that is truly devastating news. I know though that you guys will pick up and make the most of life without kiddies if you choose to. Best of luck and thanks for being on the journey with us.

Mish - we will probs end up going through ivf the same time, so I might lean on you when the time comes.

emso - you guys seems like you've turned a corner and are ready to positively embrace what comes. good on you.

satay - i reckon we all put on a brave face 99% of the time, so what does it matter if you see your sil in hospital or 2 days later when she's home? Phone it in! It really shouldnt be a big deal and when the time comes I'm sure it won't be - she'll be busy anyway.

welcome newbs. bbighug.gif to all.

afm, we had an fs appt with new doc yesterday and booked in for nurses interview in early April (us public patients have to wait). So we will have our egg pickup and drop in May. This doc said I should have had a lap at the same time as the hysteroscopy but now it's less invasive to do IVF rounds first. Also had mum and stepdad around for dinner last night and mum and I ended up in our biggest fight in a long time. She was being her usual negative/fear-mongering self and I just lost it. Long story short, she stormed out and who knows when we'll speak again. To be honest, if all I get is negativity, I don't mind if I don't see her for a while. Though it's hard to work when I'm stewing over it. ugh. Honestly, who invented families? wacko.gif

#12 Satay Chicken

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hi beautiful girls -  waves.gif

Agh, this AF really has got to me - my disappointment is really overwhelming and I think high hopes for the acu / tcm have done it.  I spose I will be ok in a couple of days.  

I've been looking into my dates for IVF and trying to get an idea of where I will be cycle wise, we go away in June and it looks like I will be getting AF around the time we get back so would start my first cycle at the end of July - thats fine but EP would be right in the busiest part of my year work wise.. I cannot keep delaying this so am going to go for it anyway - screw the job, they will have to do it without me.

Also, thank you so much for the kind words about the hospital visit - I actually ended up emailing my brother and he was lovely, totally understands and said he will be happy to see us at home when we are ready - he's a good man.  At least now I have spoken to him I can tell my mum to back off if she brings it up again.

Work sucks like nothing else and just wish I could bloody get pregnant and get out of here....  rant.gif  

Bigwoo - I'm so pleased you have got the ball rolling and you are on your way to getting starting.  I'm so ready myself now.  

Emso - It totally sucks hey!  FB is the enemy.  Just try and be easy on yourself atm ok, you have alot going on.  I know its hard but just try and focus on you and DH and your situation - nothing else matters right now...

Scruff - How you going matey??  Where are you at in your cycle???  As for animals - my kitty cat is my absolute lifesaver, he's always there and makes me laugh, gives me a cuttle and is so totally cute.  I don't know how I would be coping without him.  Agree, anyone thinking of an animal - go for it...

Zoe - Thinking of you tomorrow when you get your immune results, please let me know how you go ok....

Sarah, Leebs, Mich, Scoki, Mia, eyes and always Fe... hope you are well....xx

Also, I am sure you girls will not mind but our special ex Endurance Team member Ards had her little boy last week.... so proud of your Ards, you went through so much to get to now - Congratulations....xx

#13 wannabe_mum

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi ladies,
I have just joined this group on the advice in a book and a colleague. Both suggested it might help to talk to others who are in the same situation as me. I don't really understand all the acronyms used on here though, hope I will learn them all!
I am 26, my husband is 38. We have been trying for 15 months officially but only ever used my cycle as contraception before. Naturally like everyone else I never thought I'd have trouble conceiving. I always knew I wanted to be a mum, and have dreamed about it for years, only putting it on hold until after our wedding. All our preliminary tests came back normal. Which makes it frustrating because there's is no simple fix. I have been given a script for clomid, but i'm reluctant to take it cos I'm scared of side effects, and I don't know how it can help if I'm already ovulating. Has anybody else tried it? The next step is a hysteroscopy which scares me too.
Every month I get a negative test is a disappointment. None of my friends are trying for kids, those that have kids got pregnant really easily, so I have no one to talk to who truly understands. I try to stay positive but it's really hard sometimes. I am young, fit and healthy and I keep thinking 'why me?' I did go through a period of time when looking at a pregnant woman or baby made me want to scream and cry. I am a nurse, and I see people every day who treat their kids badly and yet I want a baby more than anything and don't have one.
My husband is very supportive thankfully, but I don't think a man ever really gets it. Thants why I decided to try joining this group.
Sorry to ramble on in my first post

#14 Kate128

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi girls

Satay - so glad your brother is lovely and understanding. I really hope that helps when the time comes to see them. Sorry that you're having a tough time at the moment. Yes it does my head in when you have to look ahead and 'guess' when cycles etc will be. I think just do it, and things like work can cope when you get there. Thanks for sharing the news about Ards, that is really exciting to hear and gives us all a reason to keep going too I suppose!!

Scruff - it's me who wants a dog!! But we need to get a fence first...I rang a surveyor last week and it will cost $1700 to get the property surveyed BEFORE we even put in a fence. Normally that'd be okay but DH is changing jobs in June and will be without pay for about 2 months so we are having to be super careful so we can keep up mortgage payments and bills in that time. I'd rather try another FET with that money ..... so I guess I just have to wait. Seriously considering lizards/rats/birds though!!!.....actually I might even descend to digging out childhood bears. I just need something to hold close when I feel really down. Anyway. Nuff bout me. YAY for AF staying away so far....FX for you dear...this might be the one. Good luck for your BT tomorrow.

Bigwoo - nice to see you again! Congrats for getting a cycle booked in for May! It must feel good to get the ball rolling. I'm sorry you had a fight with your mum though. It never feels good does it. Hopefully you get it sorted and all okay again soon.

Emso - I'm so sorry that you have to deal with the FB friends. I know, it really does your head in when friends get pregnant and they didn't mean to/they didn't especially want to/they drink/smoke/do drugs etc etc - and here we are slaving away at trying and trying, eating all the right foods/vitamins etc, and spending so much on what they get for free. It's okay to be angry and sad....for a while....but yes, somehow you have to pick yourself up so that we don't end up bitter and twisted. I realised that after the last friend announced her news recently....I had to decide to let it go, and concentrate on me instead of the unfairness of it. It's so good that we can come on here and rant and get these emotions out. For what it's worth, I unsubscribe from anyone who posts baby photos/news etc now on FB. Just to preserve my sanity.

I'm glad that your DH's testicles are healing nicely and I can understand he doesn't want sharp objects near them again!!!! What troopers you both are. At my clinic, there is a 'friends' group that meet every now and then for coffee - it's been a lifesaver - and it seems to be incredibly common that people use donor eggs and sperm. I hope that this path for you is an easier road than the one you've been on already. You both deserve some gentle treatment now I think!! Take care of yourselves. xx

Mish, that's awesome news that you can move forward! So excited for you. Good luck with police checks. SO glad we don't have them up here. It sounds like a complete drag. Hope you can get it organised nice and quickly x

Hi Wannabe, welcome to our group! Sorry I can't offer any advice about Clomid but there are others here who have used it, and I think there's even a Clomid chat group. Did your FS explain why he gave it to you? If you don't understand why you're using it, I'd ask them next time. Sometimes it takes a few months to get the ball rolling after you start seeing a FS, as (well in my experience) they start with mild treatment/monitoring, then gradually work their way up the scale of attack I think! I hope you can work out a way to manage having friends who have kids... that must be really tough. Noone really understands our position unless they've been there, and you're right, I don't think many guys really get it either. Hang in there, let us know how you go this cycle.

Hi everyone, Eyes, Leebs, Zoe, Daisy, oh dear I think I've missed a lot of people.

No news from me - have a FS appointment this Friday to get the test results from my 9 vials of blood. wacko.gif

#15 AmberSpark

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Scruff - thinking of you in this 2WW, I can't imagine what it feels like but I have everything crossed for you.... xoxoxox

Emso - I am beginning to hate Facebook, between the fights that it has caused and baby announcements, I try not to log on too much.

Bigwoo - no problems at all, its all abit daunting and the more I read the more I get freaked out. LOL and as for families.....so are good and some are down right annoying and I get what you are saying. I had a big fight with my mum over the whole IVF, she has since come around and bought me a Miracle Angel brooch for me to put on my bag. Its a start.... Big hugs to you though, times like this can be stressful.

Satay - that is so nice of your brother, see people understand.....and thanks for the Ards update that is so great to hear. Might shoot her a message. Thanks

Welcome Wannabe Mum ..... hope this group is what you need to off load.

Sarah - I hate the police checks I think it is crap.....but have to be done. Have a great day.

Hello to everyone else, Sorry in a rush, have to take my mum to a doctors appointment and didn't realise the time. xoxox speak later.

Scruff - thinking of you in this 2WW, I can't imagine what it feels like but I have everything crossed for you.... xoxoxox

Emso - I am beginning to hate Facebook, between the fights that it has caused and baby announcements, I try not to log on too much.

Bigwoo - no problems at all, its all abit daunting and the more I read the more I get freaked out. LOL and as for families.....so are good and some are down right annoying and I get what you are saying. I had a big fight with my mum over the whole IVF, she has since come around and bought me a Miracle Angel brooch for me to put on my bag. Its a start.... Big hugs to you though, times like this can be stressful.

Satay - that is so nice of your brother, see people understand.....and thanks for the Ards update that is so great to hear. Might shoot her a message. Thanks

Welcome Wannabe Mum ..... hope this group is what you need to off load.

Sarah - I hate the police checks I think it is crap.....but have to be done. Have a great day.

Hello to everyone else, Sorry in a rush, have to take my mum to a doctors appointment and didn't realise the time. xoxox speak later.

#16 Daisy1974

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Today would have been our Baby Number 3's due date!!  Trying to keep busy at work but when I stop and think about it I start to cry!

Sorry for the me post - just needed to tell someone apart from DP about this day....

xx

Edited by Daisy1974, 29 February 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#17 Kate128

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm sorry Daisy. It's okay to cry.
bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif

#18 AnnaBee87

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hi everyone!

Today AF came to ruin my day in spectacular force, and this brings DP and I into our 13th month of TTC. So I decided it was about time I came to join you here.

Some of you may know me from TTC #1 thread, but I will give you a little run-down on me and my history.

My name is Anna, DP and I have been trying for our first little one for just over a year with no luck whatsoever. DP has a 5yr old son with his ex-wife and they had no trouble getting pg so obviously we assumed we wouldn't either. WRONG!
I am a fairly healthy 24yr old, I am only slightly overweight, I don't smoke, I am not a heavy drinker, I have cut back on caffeine and am trying to eat healthily to lose a few kilos, yet still I can't seem to fall pregnant.
I play sport and keep active, and I ovulate pretty regularly every month.

My doctor can't find anything wrong with me, except maybe that I should lose a couple of kilos to see if it helps (I am only 85kg, 175cm tall) and has advised me that I should only bother seeing a specialist if I am not pregnant by this June. Oh, also, my best friend recently told me she is pregnant.

And so, here I am original.gif Still trying, still trying to soldier on.

I hope you can accept me into this group original.gif I will try not to vent too much!

#19 Satay Chicken

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (AnnaBee87 @ 29/02/2012, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you can accept me into this group original.gif I will try not to vent too much!

Hey AnnaBee - I certainly remember you, I used to be Fionacats!  Of course you are welcome to join us here - and please vent as much as you need to.   You will find us a bit more sensitive (and understanding I suppose) than some of the other groups who have not been TTC so long.  We are all in different places of course but all share a common understanding of how hard this really is..xx

Daisy - I hope you are ok this evening... a tough day. xx

Mich and Kate - Its a relief to get off my shoulders hey... he is good...  Actually he said something funny of FB today - Can't wait for my month off work!  He has no idea what he is in for...

Wannabe - Welcome to the group... Clomid is not so bad hey and it can do the trick.. I used it for three months, I found it best to take after dinner that way you limit the side effects, it can upset you a bit emotionally but only the days you are taking it, I just got a bit teary now and then.  That said, if you feel uncomfortable have a couple of Panadol, i found that helped alot..

Anyway - just burning time this evening and watching Dance Moms on Lifestyle 2 - Vegas.........

#20 AnnaBee87

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Satay chicken @ 29/02/2012, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey AnnaBee - I certainly remember you, I used to be Fionacats!  Of course you are welcome to join us here - and please vent as much as you need to.   You will find us a bit more sensitive (and understanding I suppose) than some of the other groups who have not been TTC so long.  We are all in different places of course but all share a common understanding of how hard this really is..xx

Thanks Satay chicken original.gif I was getting a little overwhelmed with all the new girls coming in and getting a positive test only 2mths in. I am happy for them but so sad for myself at the same time. I think it was making me more negative about my own situation instead of making me want to try harder.

..::Sending everyone baby dust::..

#21 wannabe_mum

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hello everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome! I posted on 2 other forums before this one and no one responded so I almost gave up.

Sarah: I haven't seen fertility specialist yet, booked in for end of April, but my GP is very helpful and is getting me started on Clomid first. She said it can 'boost' ovulation (which I think means I might release more eggs which scares me because I'm scared of having twins!)

AnnaBee: I understand completely how you feel. I'm noly 26 (24 when I started trying) and I never expected it to be this hard. I too am perfectly healthy and there is no explanation for our infertility. It makes it all the more frustrating. And I'm new to this group too original.gif One of my friends just had a baby and hers was unplanned and when she told me I was really upset (she didn't know we were trying) and luckily she forgave me for me giving her the cold shoulder for a bit. It turns out she'd had a miscarriage previously so she understood a bit how I was feeling.

Satay Chicken: Thanks for the advice, I was a bit worried about the pains (I get ovulation pains as it is, so I think they'll be worse on Clomid). I suppose it can't hurt to give it a shot.

Daisy: I'm sorry you were so upset I believe it's good to let it out though. I'm new so sorry if you have gone through this on here already but have they found a reason for your miscarriages?

I'm due on Saturday and couldn't really wait so I took a test this morning which was negative of course. I felt PMS-y anyway so not that surprised.
I started uni this week I'm doing midwifery so it should be interesting spending  my days watching other people become mothers, but it's something I always wanted to do ever since high school so decided to suck it up and do it.

Thanks again and hope everyone is well.

#22 leebec

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hey everyone....thank god it is Thursday.

Went for a great job interview yesterday. Mind you walked out feeling very much like I wont get the job but at least I feel like I am doing something about my sucky situation at work.

I am just waiting for AF.....had a little spotting on Tuesday so thought great here we go again but it was only for a couple of hours. I am now at 10dpo and waiting. The way I am feeling etc I am thinking either tomorrow or saturday but Saturday would be good as that would give me a 12 day LP on Femera which is good.

So basically as soon as AF starts let the clinic know, start Femera on cd4 and away we go, we are doing both natural & FET this month....better get DH to get my CBFM sticks for me (he hid them somewhere).

I am also going to be seeing my dr when I do the FET about going on Metformin. I cant shift the weight. I am busting my butt doing Low GI and also exercising but nothing so I am guessing Met is the way to go.

We got another bill yesterday for my Lap. I put it to medicare and private health first to get their money before my portion as I just dont have the money at the moment. Luckily we got some back from medicare & private health for the op so that was good. Its pretty much going to pay for the next FET. But I still have to come up with some money and we still owe my dad $800 from the last FET due to medicare not paying as much out.....grrrrr bloody labor govt.

Wannabe & Anna - as Satay said we are all at different stages and we are all a bit more understanding then one or two time one hit wonders.....

For dealing with the friend thing....you just have to do whats best for you. I have pretty much shut myself off from people. I dont have anything to do with DH friends as they all seem to be a baby factory and its just too hard. I have cut myself off from some of my own friends and when I do speak to them I initiate and I do it on my terms. Although a friend is getting married next Saturday and one of our friends is pregnant so I have to see her and its not going to be fun.

Satay - glad you emailed your brother and that he understands. If your mum starts just tell her to back off and end of conversation. I had to tell my mum to stop telling me about her friends kids having babies....I really dont care and I really dont want to hear about it.

Also dont let the acupuncture get you down. If acupuncture was the "miracle" cure that some go on about or swear was what made their IVF work we would not have to go through fertility treatment as acupuncture would fix everything....i dont take any of it. I am no longer doing acupuncture. I was pumping out money for no apparent reason. From now on IVF will be sans acupuncture and I will see how we go. Just think about oh I dont know.....Fashion Show Mall, Miracle Mile shops, Serendipity 3 and a the Frozzen Hot Chocolate dessert from heaven.....Hard Rock fajitas.....oh and the new Sugar Factory restaurant at the Paris hotel...make sure you treat yourself and Mr G to dinner at the Eiffel Tower restaurant....still the most amazing dinner DH and I have ever had. We got a table on the window looking over Bellagio Fountains and could pick our floor and room at Caesars.....We did the degustation menu... the champagne with watermelon & some flower was just amazing... the chocolate dessert plate was to die for. We made the booking in the February for when we were going in the September so I am sure you could do that now....think what an amazing thing that would be to look forward to!

Sarah - goodluck at FS tomorrow.....

#23 Satay Chicken

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Can I ask a question - been thinking about this for a few months, it upset me back then but is still kind of nagging me.

So, all my friends have babies / kids around the same age (0-4yo), they see each other during the week for coffee and all that.  It upsets me alot that I am missing out on all this but I just try to get on with it, as you do.  Anyway, I am partiularly close to two girls, one has two and the other one - first occasion I noticed this, we went to an RSL that has a coffee lounge (alot of mothers go there), its quite big so we were sitting around and then the one with two kids wanted to get something to eat, so did the other - they then sat there umming and ahhring about how they should go - I said just go (it was a one minute walk up a long hallway to get food) and I will look after the three kids, they would only be gone for 5 minutes anyway.  Well, they would not leave their kids with me, we all had to go and get food together (I didn't really want any).

Then a couple of weeks ago my friend again with two kids mentioned she had to call my other friend to come and look after her kids because she had an appointment - thing is my other friend is about 20km's further away than I am.  I was at home, I've known her for years yet she didn't ask me.  

I've now realised that they don't trust me because I am not a mother!  Its really upset me to think that they think I wouldn't cope or be able to understand how to do anything!...  These are two examples there are another couple aswell... I'm just really hurt hey!!!

Maybe I am venting but have any of you girls had this happen????????

#24 scruff101

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi ladies,

Just got the results of my BT - negative.  I'm so disappointed  sad.gif cry1.gif  

Thing is, af was due Monday.  I even had the cramps that I always get beforehand, but af did not show up.  The cramps subsided by evening and I haven't had any since.  Was kind of starting to believe that this could be the one.  In the past few days, I've been feeling queasy, had a super sense of smell and food was tasting funny.

Glad I made the fs follow-up appointment last week.  Will take a break, have appointment and review my cycle and then start another round next cycle - so around late March.

Sorry about the me post, but I was kind of hoping for better news.

hheart.gif

#25 Satay Chicken

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Scruff - I am so sorry, it must be just so terribly disappointing...  bbighug.gif  Just take each day at a time for now.. we are here for you ok... xxxxxxxxxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How I learnt to relax about routines

After many routine-led, tough years, we've realised that being parenting isn't about being perfect. It isn't about following a schedule to a T.

Should you have a third child or not?

I thought our family had been complete with our two boys. I had no idea how much I needed my daughter until she was here.

Helping a toddler embrace an adopted sibling

A single parent by choice, I am preparing to adopt a second baby from Morocco. And I face a special challenge.

When pregnancy messes with your self-esteem

Pregnancy doesn't make all women feel beautiful. It certainly doesn't raise every woman's self-esteem.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Robbie Williams live tweets wife's labour

And the award for most patient woman in labour goes to ... Robbie Williams' wife, Ayda Field.

Vaccine ignorance is deadly and contagious

In the absence of credible, strong political leadership, paranoia about disease can go viral.

Parenting differently based on birth order

All children have unique personalities, but keeping birth order in mind could help when parenting.

How to get rid of the mum guilt

Motherhood and guilt seem to go hand in hand, but there are ways to focus

Paid parental leave scheme grinds to a halt

The future of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme appears to be up in the air, despite the fact it is due to begin in less than nine months.

The devastation of foetal alcohol spectrum disorders

No one's sure how many Australians are affected by foetal alcohol spectrum disorders, but the consequences for those who are can be devastating.

The pros and cons of finding out the sex of your unborn baby

It’s often one of the biggest choices parents make during the course of their pregnancy; to find out, or not to find out, the sex of their baby before it’s born.

Toddler's awesome dress up month

Two-year-old Willow and her photographer mum, Gina Lee, made October "Dress Up Willow Month". She posted photos of Willow's costumes on her Instagram account, and her creative takes on popular culture are simply adorable.

Childhood around the world

It can be easy to assume our ideas around childhood are universal, but they are particular to where we live, as these practices show.

Best picks for baby and toddler shoes

Here's a great selection of footwear from pre-walker to walker ensuring comfort and style for growing feet.

I lost my wife and daughters to Ebola - then it came for my son

Sunday, September 21, is a day I will never forget.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss. It involves toilet talk, and probably caused my miscarriage. But it needs to be talked about.

Prenatal testing: the facts

Prenatal testing is done to check if a baby has certain medical conditions before birth. Here is some important information about what the tests are for and the risks involved.

5 things to do with your baby?s old clothes

Did you think your only option for your baby?s old clothes was to pack them away or give them to the Salvos? Think again.

Why it's possible to not realise you're pregnant until the baby arrives

After hearing about 'surprise babies' born to mums who didn't know they were pregnant, it's common to ask "how did she not realise?" But experts say it's entirely possible for it to happen.

'My miracle is finally here'

How has the world continued on its pace when mine has been altered so drastically?

Dairy can help older women fall pregnant: study

Ice cream may be the ultimate comfort food, but a study suggests it could also help older women to have children.

Megan Gale goes topless for 'sexiest people' cover

Six months after a heavily pregnant Megan Gale posed nude for Marie Claire, the glowing new mum has gone topless for the cover of another magazine.

A new perspective on life from living with two diseases

A mother shares her personal story about the difficulty of living with two conditions, one of which stops her from being able to see her daughter's face.

Warning about Children's Panadol dosage

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has issued a safety advisory warning parents about confusion when using the dosing syringe supplied with Children's Panadol.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Take 'The Coles Big Nappy Change' Challenge

You could become part of our Test Drive team and win one of 200 packs of Coles Little Explorer Nappies as part of our 5-day challenge.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Weird trend

Couple has five babies in 14 months

Julie and David Grygla weren't sure they'd ever have kids - but their dreams have now well and truly come true.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.