Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 MalibuZoo

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Just lost whole big post. Ggrrrrrr

Will come back later. Thx for the welcome and hi to the other newbie too.

Later

#3 my3cubs

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Welcome to the newbies, i hope you're stay is short and sweet original.gif .

Mags and Holiday sorry to hear things are not looking positive for this cycle...Holiday has your AF arrived yet?? Mags are you going to test?

AFM now on cd9 and have started using OPK's as of today, got a faint second line today so hopefully will get darker over the next few days.

Edited by my3cubs, 01 March 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#4 Holidayromp

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Welcome to the newbies  original.gif

Goodluck My3cubs maybe this will be your month.
Magsjee - What is happening?  original.gif   It has gone very quiet - have you tested or are you wanting for AF?

AFM:  I tested using Confirm on 10dpo - neg, I tested on the day I would have got AF neg I then tested with FR on Wednesday - negative.  Af is now two days late but I def know that I am not pg.  I want af to hurry up so I can move on with the next cycle.

#5 my3cubs

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Holiday sorry to hear about your BFN's, well if your not utd i hope your AF shows up sooner rather than later so you can get onto another cycle.

Mags what's happening with you, have you tested yet?

Well im now on cd10 did another OPK still another faint test line but a little darker than yesterday's so im on the right track. Ive also started to get some EWCM so hopefully O isn't too far away.

#6 Holidayromp

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

AF arrived today  biggrin.gif   Almost a week late!!!  So CD1 today.  I had a 31 day cycle - normal for me is 28-31.  I am more likely to have a 28.  I thought that I was in for a super short cycle this month because of when I o'd but no it ended up being 31 days.  So things have started again for me.

How is everyone else?

#7 firefly27

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Well I'm hoping that AF lands soon. I am now at 37 days. I have done 2 tests - both BFN. I think I have mild gastro - so last week as I was feeling sick, I was starting to get excited. Did a test yesterday and realised that I was getting excited about a stomach bug. Lame! But I'm pretty peeved about my unreliable body. Grrrrr.

Hope everyone else is in a better space.

In terms of planning, has anyine done basal temerature's on a normal thermometer?

#8 MagsJee

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

For list

#9 MagsJee

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

AF arrived, I'm really rather bummed tbh.  I thought we had such a good chance last month - on holidays, no stress, BDing like crazy, all that good stuff.  But no.  This means that we're going into our 12 month of TTC in March, I honestly thought I'd be holding a baby by now or at least be severely up the duff.

The only good thing was that that cycle was 26 days, so 2 days longer than my previous 24 days ones.  I'm more convinced than ever that I had a chem a couple of cycles back.  I can't think of any other reason why a 28/29 day cycle would randomly become a 24 day one (for two cycles) and then go back to being longer.  

Anywho, I've started a 10kg challenge with DH (as in first to lose wins), and I'm trying Vitex this cycle and generally improving my health.

I'm getting into temping as well, maybe that will reveal something.

Poo about the tummy bug firefly, that sucks bum.

Promise to be more upbeat next post.

#10 firefly27

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

AF arrived today rolleyes.gif . I feel normal again. Zoned out with some painkillers for a while and in a day dream counted the months. DH is away this month - so no 2012 baby. Kind of takes the pressure off in a way, but I'm a bit sad too. It's been so long ... And its seems I'm having one of those times, when everyone is announcing pregnancies. And then i have to stop the pity party and remember that some people are announcing tragedies in their lives and really we are doing okay.

So, this month, I'm getting the thermometer out and trying to graph it. I really hope those of you who are BDing like mad this month get the outcome. A good news story would be inspiring!

#11 my3cubs

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi Ladies

Sorry to hear AF has found you...so depressing sometimes sad.gif . I have my fx for you all for next month.

AFM i got my very first ever very positive OPK result! It was darker than the test line so was def positive, im currently on cd17 2DPO so ov on cd15. Fx my cycle is a decent length otherwise my lp will be too short. Even better if i get my bfp but ill settle for a normal cycle.

#12 Holidayromp

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Righto ladies....very quiet in here....but I am cd15 - and the signs are there that I am approaching ovulation.....have been very busy.....but it has been lots of fun  biggrin.gif   Still my fun to be had  biggrin.gif

How is everyone else doing?

#13 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hi HolidayRomp

Good luck with the BDing

I am on CD33 of my cycle but only just ovulated so am in the 2ww - on 3dpo! think I am still dealing with post pill cycles but hoping they will start to get better now or I get my BFP.

Got my first very positive OPK and lots of EWCM this cycle which was exciting! (god the things I get excited about now!!)

#14 Holidayromp

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Fingers-crossed - that is a very long cycle.  Mine are 28-31 days long.  Are you using OPKs to pinpoint your surge?  The pill does not agree with me but I do agree that it can take ages for cycles to get back in synch.

#15 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

yeah its only my second cycle off the pill - first one was 66 days!!! yup did OPKs this cycle and last but only got my first positive one this cycle on CD28 and 29 and ovulated on CD30 so they worked for me

BDed two days and day before O so hoping I caught the egg

How are you doing - any signs of O yet?

#16 Holidayromp

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Yup I O'd either yesterday or today.  I am now CD17.  Both DH and I are now having a break  blush.gif

We were really getting into things yesterday....me on top....tmi I know but that isn't the worst of it....anyway DH was just about there and then I farted  blink.gif  a nice warbly loud one.  I was sooo embarrassed.  I stopped my movement just to keep myself from farting again and dissolving in a fit of giggles. blush.gif

After we had finished DH commented on the interesting vibrations on his legs and yes he did hear me fart but was so close to ahem finishing he just ignored what was going on.

Also instead of commenting on how good sex was yada yada I sheepishly told him about my fart just before letting rip once again.

I am NEVER eating prunes in the amount I ate earlier.  rant.gif

#17 deborah100

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

I hope you're stay is short and sweeT.

#18 MagsJee

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Holiday - ROFPML  roll2.gif  That's brilliant.  I somehow make a less than fabulously attractive face which somehow puts Mr Mags off  shrug.gif

So I've been taking Vitex all/most of this cycle.  I hope it does something but my cycles are so $crewed up that I've got no way to tell.  My cycles are extending again (from 24 days to 26 days last cycle) after a chem, so I don't know what the Vitex will do.

I had a strange dream last night - I was really heavily pregnant and had to get to a certain location in order to teach (I'm a tutor at uni) and the steps were horrendous, really really steep (about 30 cm) and a hexagon shape only about 20cm round and it was 2 storeys down  blink.gif .  Needless to say, it posed a wee bit of a challenge to me and my big belly and the lecturer I was walking/climbing down with had this smug 'look a the whale trying to climb down' look on his face.  Which is weird, because he's a nice enough guy in real life.  But I managed (and have him a bit of a 'truck you' look while I was at it).  When I woke up I felt really happy though, so I hope it's a sign of things to come - the PG, not the horrid stairs  wink.gif

#19 Holidayromp

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Magsjee - that is a really promising dream.  I had similiar before I fell pregnant with DD1.  

AFM:  I don't think that it has happened this cycle. I am 7dpo but not holding out much hope.  I even admitted it to DH last night.

How is everyone else going?

#20 my3cubs

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hi ladies

Holidayromp ROFL about farting while dtd...i needed a giggle original.gif .

Well i didn't get utd last cycle and got my AF on cd28 so at least another normal cycle. Im currently on cd9 im sick as anything right now though with the flu and a chest infection. Fx im actually going to be able to dtd during our fertile period. Im now on cycle 11 of actively ttc sad.gif .

I hope everyone else is well xx

Edited by my3cubs, 28 March 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#21 OllieAndEmmett

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Hi Ladies, I hope I will be able to join in here? DP and I are starting to try for number three (we are possibly insane....) already have a two year old boy and a 9 month old boy so hoping for pink this time round but I can't see it happening! I don't know if you do intros and stuff but I'm Amy and we have recently relocated to Perth. I was/am part of a NZ website with forums etc but thought joining an Aus one since we're here now would be better. Currently on cycle day 4 and am going to "wing it" for a couple of cycles then will probably get OPKs to pin point OV if we have no luck. Both boys were conceived easily so fingers crossed for the same again. I came off depo in November so everything is still up in the air re cycle length. Thanks in advance :) biggrin.gif

#22 MagsJee

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Welcome OllieAndEmmett! Hope your stay is short and sweet.

We're into the business end of this cycle, so I hope Mr Mags is up to the job.  I'm feeling really good about things right now, just focusing on getting my head in the right space, hopefully that will help.  I was taking Vitex last cycle and I think it helped - AF was better than it has been in quite a while so hopefully that means my uterus has a better lining.

How is everyone else going?

#23 my3cubs

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hi ladies, its been very quiet on this thread...i also joined the april ttc thread.

ollieandemmett welcome to the thread original.gif . Good luck with ttc hopefully its as quick as it was with your boys...unfortunately i was also on depo and it really stayed in my system for ages, its different for everybody though.

mags good news re vitex helping your AF..fx you can make it count this cycle.

AFM well im now on cd23 8DPO...not too many symptoms i got a super strong OPK on cd15 and pretty certain i ov later that same day, plus i had a very faint negative the day after. Even though i was really sick i managed to bd on cd 7,11,13 and 15...hoping it was enough. This is cycle 11 for me, can't believe its taken this long when all my other kids were conceived within 3 cycles. DH and I have had a good talk and have decided if im not utd by the end of the year we will take it as a sign and stop ttc. In a way its a good thing so we can just move on.

#24 Tiken

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi there Girls, can I join in too?  We're currently TTC#3 We have two beautiful kids & think a 3rd will complete our family.  I have taken a pretty relaxed approach to TTC this time (with no acupuncture, vitex etc) but looking at my cycle now around 70 days may not be the best idea long term. I can feel AF symptoms so not holding much hope this cycle.

My3cubs sounds like you had good timing (even though you were sick)  

Amy we think we might be crazy TTC#3 as well, did you always know you wanted 3?  We conceived both our 2 in around a 4 month period (very blessed).

Hope everyone is well  original.gif

#25 MagsJee

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (my3cubs @ 11/04/2012, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though i was really sick i managed to bd on cd 7,11,13 and 15...hoping it was enough.

huh.gif Wow my3cubs, that's dedication. I hope it pays off  tongue.gif

Welcome Tiken, hope your stay is short and sweet.

afm - well it's the last gasp of sexy time in the Mags household, and I hope that we've done enough this cycle.  I had some really sharp stabby pains a few days ago but I'm not sure if they were O pains (they seemed a bit too early on in the cycle) but I haven't had any since.  I'm still taking Vitex so no idea if that's changed O for me, although it seems to have delayed O for everyone else rather than made it early.  Also no sign of any kind of CM this cycle so no idea what's going on.  

I caught sight of my butt in the mirror the other day and had one of those  oomg2.gif  cry1.gif  moments.  I'm going to really focus on my health and fitness - I've started a 30 day challenge today, and that image of my butt is going to be very motivational .

Baby dust ladies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Video: 10-week-old baby sounds like she says 'I love you'

It’s mixed in amongst garbled baby talk, but this 10-week-old's apparent attempt at telling her parents that she loves them has made her an internet star.

I only enjoyed pregnancy after booking my caesarean

To say I became obsessed is something of an understatement. Everywhere I went I found cause to be reminded of my impending pain.

When your bundle doesn't bring immediate joy

One mum says joy is very a personal feeling and expecting all new mums to feel it in the months after their baby born may do more harm than good.

Lessons learned from my toddler

Blogger Kiran Chug explains why she is going to let her toddler make more decisions for himself.

Family welcomes first baby girl in more than 100 years

The Silverton family has heard the phrase "it's a girl" for the first time in four generations.

When a community of kindness steps in

In future when someone I care for, or even someone I barely know, is experiencing a difficult time, I will not overthink it. I'll follow my heart.

Mum in Business: Jac Bowie

Jac Bowie is the founder of Business in Heels, one of the fastest growing women’s networking events in Australia. She shares her story, including how she juggles work with a young family, and ways to work smarter.

What not to say to a mum of twins

Being a mum of identical twin boys stirs up great interest and fascination. It also opens itself up to nosy, invasive questions, as well as huge assumptions.

The mums suing over unplanned babies

A mother-of-five who calls her two youngest sons "miracle babies" is just one of many mums seeking financial compensation for their children's unplanned conceptions.

Video: Dad sings 'Hallelujah' to his daughter every year

It's a gorgeous song to begin with, but this dad's version of Hallelujah, sung for his young daughter, is especially touching.

Constipation in babies when starting solids

While starting solids can be frustrating and messy (yet also fun!), introducing solids can also play havoc on tiny digestive systems.

Parents reunited with baby snatched from hospital

A mother whose newborn baby was snatched from hospital has spoken of her joy and relief at getting her daughter back.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies - bump selfies - really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind"?

Life on the other side of the fence: Why I'm child-free and quite content

Acknowledging that motherhood isn't a bed of roses – to begrudge lack of time, sleep, money and spontaneity – is sacrilegious and a no-no, especially by mother superior-types.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind", as one writer has claimed?

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.