TTC#1 Grads - Ongoing Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#126 Cacti

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

My GP said the record number of tests she'd had someone telling her that they'd done as 23, so you're still quite low at 5 original.gif I just kept going through my stash of internet cheapies watching that lovely line get darker.

#127 Sunshiney

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Congrats and welcome to our newest member, BIAP!!  So good to have you here!!! Looking forward to sharing the journey with you!  ddance.gif  eexcite.gif  tthumbs.gif

Cams and Catci - thanks for your experiences with cramps, pains, etc.  I spoke with a really nice doc when I was away who said that there's no such thing as 'normal' PG experiences and said some people are sensitive and feel the changes going on down there more than others do.  She also explained that my uterus was stretching and growing, so it's possible that I'm just sensitive to all of that.  Made such a difference to talk to a doc who explained things in a positive way while still warning me of the problem signs to look out for.  I guess the whole PG experience is like that though - a doc with poor people skills will always cause you more tears than someone who understands how scary it is to be PG for the first time.

Also wanted to say thanks to all the ladies who've posted their birth stories in these posts.  It's wonderful to read through all of your experiences.

#128 Meg88

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

OMG OMG Biabp!!! I'm so so so over the moon excited for you. I actually got tears in my eyes seeing your name in here original.gif
Congratulations! You'll have to tell us your story, all the details, what u did differently & how you told DP the news.

Sunshiny: sorry your 1st trimester has been a bit underwhelming so far. I think you've made the right choice to give your GP the flick. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread to hear how your U/S goes.

When is everyones EDD?
Mine is (depending on which scan I go by) between the 13th Dec & the 20th Dec.

AFM: got my results from tge nuchal and thankfully I got very good odds for each chromosomal abnormalty (no less then 1:20000).
Off to work today do I better get a wriggle on original.gif

#129 babyinabackpack

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Good morning ladies and thanks for the huge welcome and congratulations!

It's really weird being in here and I found myself logging into the TTC forum again this morning.
Old habits die hard!
Just like temping! How long did you temp for after you got your BFP? I'm still temping and not sure if I really need to anymore. My chart and temps are ridiculously stable (it's actually a truly beautiful chart) and I guess even if this bub wasn't to stick around that my temp wouldn't be the first sign anyway.
I might hide my BBT on myself tomorrow.

cams and cacti - Thanks for sharing the information about cramping. So far that's the only sign I have and it tends to usually be on the lower left hand side.. Am starting to get a couple of nauseous twangs but im hoping i don't get full blown MS. I seriously HATE vomiting..

sunshiney - SOOO glad to hear this new doctor is much more reassuring and doctor-like. You really don't need someone talking to you like your old doctor did. When are you going to go for your scan?

cams - tests are up to 6 now! (with 12 accompanying lines..)

meg88- awww thanks hun! I was sooo happy for you when you graduated aswell. It's really great that so many of us long-termers are able to have our own group here now. Thanks heaps hun. Your post made me get tears in my eyes hearing about your tears in your eyes!!

Well reality is slowly starting to sink in, although we both still look at each other and freak out at sporatic intervals. We went shopping yesterday and it hit me just how much of my life is going to change. No point looking at jeans or any other clothes for atleast the next 9 months! Although my boobs are sooo huge I'm going to have to look into new bras soon.

Anyway ladies, it's off to work for me for the first time since I found out. Kind of nervous because I am terrible at keeping secrets and Mr Man has already lectured me twice this morning about the importance of keeping the news to ourselves for now! lol

Have an awesome day and thanks again for reassuring me my cramps are normal too!

BIABP

#130 AnnaBee87

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (Ash22 @ 08/06/2012, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello original.gif

Baby is having a nap (hooray!) so I thought I'd pop in and say hello original.gif  I tried to keep up when she was first born but I have to admit that I'm totally behind on what's been going on in here.  Good to see some new faces, especially AnnaBee - I remember you from TTC#1.

Fairey and Cacti - you guys are getting closer and closer!!!

Fairey - one thing that prompted me to post was your comment about colostrum.  The midwife who ran our breastfeeding class recommended that we have a go at expressing colostrum from about 36 weeks - I started at 40 weeks and because I went 10 days over, I was expressing once or twice a day for 10 days.  My labour ended up being an emergency caesar so both baby and I were drugged up and instead of the lovely skin-to-skin natural first breastfeed I'd imagined, I had trouble holding her without falling asleep and she didn't suck very well.  But because I had been expressing, they were able to express great amounts of colostrum and syringe feed her in the first 24 hours and then after that she was feeding like a champion.  It made me feel really good to know that at least I'd done that for her original.gif

Anyway, I'd better make this quick - motherhood is far and away the hardest and best thing I've ever done - sleep deprivation and a constant sense of having no idea what I'm doing but the pay off is a baby girl is so much fun and doing new and exciting things every day.  

Good luck to those who are due soon!!!!

Ash22 - Hey lovely lady! Thanks for the welcome original.gif Hope bub is treating you well and letting you get some well deserved sleep too! xxx

QUOTE (babyinabackpack @ 08/06/2012, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ladies!
Well I've never even allowed myself to stalk this thread because I never thought I'd get here, but surprise!
Guess who got their BFP yesterday after 2+years?!?

Pretty excited/in shock/ in denial so thought posting here might make it feel a bit more real!!

I'm so happy to see so many familiar names!
Cacti, Cams, Meg, Annabee, Sunshiney - How are you all!?!?!

Do you mind if me and my 4week old little blob join you??

BIAB OMG WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! So excited to see you here finally!!!!!! Hooray!!! Best of luck for the next 8 months honey original.gif xxxxxxxxxxx

AmyC WELCOME TO YOU TOO!!! How exciting for you to be here finally as well original.gif It's about time we got more girls from the TTC#1 thread over here!!! xxxxxxxxxx

AFM - Finally leaving my MS behind (I think) as I havent been nauseous in about a week, and can now drink tea and eat more too. Downside is this week I got a horrible cold! So I have been dealing with sore throat and runny nose and coughing and can't even take Codral!! I thought I was going to die!

I am currently 10weeks 1day and am going to the doc on Thursday so get a check-up and another scan referral for 12 weeks. I wanted to get a 10 week scan but just can't afford it at the moment. My waist is really tight and I can't wear my jeans anymore sad.gif so need to go shopping but can't afford that either! So broke!

On the bright side, I am so looking forward to the Pregnancy and Babies Expo in 2 weeks! Already got my free ticket and just can't wait to get out there! Last year DP and I went and someone asked me how far along I was which made me pretty upset cos obviously I was NOT pregnant. I guess they just assume you are if you are at the expo, but next time I hope that person doesn't assume as you never know someone's situation! Glad I can go this time and proudly announce I am 12 weeks! (I will be by then at least Tounge1.gif)

Hope everyone is having a lovely rainy Monday original.gif

#131 ~A2~

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.