Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

New thread time ladies.
Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 spottydog

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

Good luck today Emmsie original.gif

Barefoot, congrats on the transfer, i hope there is no need to do another full stim cycle.

hi to eveyone else original.gif

spotty.

#3 Jazza L

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hi all thought might pop over here now I've started jabs. Anyone else just starting a stim cycle? Trying to stay calm! How does everyone else try to keep calm?

#4 spottydog

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Jazza L, keeping calm you say? Whats that? I was a nervous wreck in my last cycle there, good luck. original.gif

ph34r.gif  Emmsie

spotty.

#5 emmsie78

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

Barefoot Congrats on transfer & best of luck - would be so perfect if the last of this batch works for you x

Jazza Welcome! I find it hardest to keep calm when in a waiting phase - getting daily updates of where your embryos are at after EPU but before transfer is the hardest time for me. I get super excited when entering the next cycle as I feel it's so full of hope! Hope you get used to it soon

AFM: DH "made me" POAS last night & BFN. Official BT tomorrow but pretty sure I'm out. Will have to take a month off & then begin another stim in April. Will be hanging round in the meantime hoping to hear good news from the rest of you! x

#6 Glitterz

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Welcome Jazza, Im with Spotty... whats calm?? original.gif  No in all seriousness I try to get out of the house as much as possible with DD and spend alot of our time at parks playing.  It makes the day go quicker.  And for our next cycle Im staying away from google.  It is no way my friend.  All the best for you new cycle coming up!

Barefoot:  Goodluck!

Emmsie:  Oh Em, good luck for tomorrow. Your not out yet, anything can happen.

Hi everyone else original.gif

AFM: had another BT today and hcg went from 3600 on monday to 9070 today... so very slow.  My prog also dropped from 110 to 80 so hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this torture.
Speak soon
x

#7 Lokum

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi Jazza - welcome. I also find the first part of the cycle OK because I am 'doing' - jabs, scans etc, and trying hard not to forget anything. Keeping on top of it is HARD with Mummy brain. It's the 2WW which is the killer for me, because I'm not doing, just waiting.

Emmsie - no good on the POAS front. Would be nice if the BT came up trumps, but you sound OK. Will you be alright and ready to go for another stim if it's not? This cycle was a bit gut wrenching to get only one average transfer from a whole stim... I really feel for you.

Glitterz - so tripled in 6 days? Is that really slow at 6.5 weeks? This must be excruciating for you. You do sound quite resigned though, as if you were ready for it to be over? I guess it would be too painful to continue to have excited hopes. Does this sort of thing happen often - with an apparently non-viable PGH which starts really poorly and just keeps limping along for a few weeks? I guess it might happen a lot in the fertile world, but no-one knows because they don't have as much testing as us. I can't imagine how you're handling this. I would not sound as dignified as you.

Me - I'm alright. Waiting for this FET cycle to really kick off later next week. I've got a scan on Wed, but we're going interstate for a wedding next weekend, so I am praying that I don't need to transfer at that time. I shouldn't - but Murphy's Law, right?

#8 Jazza L

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

LOL-yes calm is probably the wrong term. How about stopping from going completely mental!!.... and without wine,chocolate, tea & coffee-its cruel!
No youre all right- gotta keep busy. Had a great day out with DS and my 2 nephews today. Just the ticket to tick another day off the list.
Thanks for the welcome girls.

Edited by Jazza L, 26 February 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#9 emmsie78

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Didn't get a chance to get on here yesterday with results as our internet connection wasn't working - couldn't even get on & consult Dr Google!

So my official BT yesterday (9dp5dt) came back as 6. Grrr the rollercoaster continues. Obviously it is extremely likely it's another chemical pregnancy (I had one when TTC#2 with hcg at 11) but of course I have to continue with prog pessaries & go for another BT in 2 days just to string the whole thing out even more! I thought AF had arrived yesterday but just had a bit of brown blood when wiping & a tiny bit of red blood then nothing since then. So now I keep thinking I wonder if it could've been a very very late implantation etc etc - especially considering it was such a slow embryo to begin with. Torturing myself I know but there you go - can't help it!

Hope you are all feeling more sane than me!
Cheers
Em x

#10 Glitterz

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hi Emmsie,
Oh you poor thing. The silly waiting game.  When is your next blood test?
Its a good thing the spotting has stopped, and maybe it is a late implanter?
Oh good luck!  See, those morulas are little fighters, and hoping yours continues to be a strong fighter.

DD just woke after just 1 hour sleep... doh!!!!  

Glitterz.

#11 Barefoot

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Sorry, didn't realise a new thread had started.

Em, so sorry.

Jazza, welcome. I can't help you on the staying sane front, I have been totally irrational through each and every cycle.

Glitterz, what's happening with you?

Lokum, hi.

Me, just plodding through the 2ww.

#12 Wishful thinking

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

Morning ladies,
This thread has just shown up on my list too so sorry for my absence.
Jazza, Welcome  original.gif I think we all do our best to stay sane on this rollercoaster but it's not easy with all the ups and downs of the ride. That's where this lot is a great support.
Emmsie, oh sorry to hear the waiting continues for you. FX it is just a slow starter.
Barefoot, hope the 2ww goes quickly for you and hoping this is the one.
Lokum, how are you going? Are your scans indicating you'll be ready for FET soon?
Glitterz, what's happening with you Hun? Any further scans or BT's? How are you coping with all the emotional ups and downs? Hope DD is giving lots of cuddles to her lovely mum...
Spotty, how's the MS? Scan on Tuesday?

Afm, having my viability scan on Friday and very nervous about whether there will be a heartbeat. Originally we were booked in for tomorrow but I'll only be 6wks 2days so was concerned we might be a day too early so pushed it back a few days. So the waiting continues!! Also now that we are not in an IVF cycle it is costing us $150 per scan so didn't want to have to go back again if we didn't see anything tomorrow.  Having little bouts of nausea, mainly during the night but feel I'm not sick enough. Sorry for the paranoid me rant.

Wishful. X

Edited by Wishful thinking, 28 February 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#13 Glitterz

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

Wishful:  ooo good luck for your scan!  It will be fine, but I do understand your paranoia.  I look forward to hearing all about it original.gif

Just a little update:  Haven't actually been coping very well with all these ups and downs.  I keep thinking to far ahead and wishing we were on cycle again, and not really dealing with the fact we are losing this baby.  Also starting to find myself pushing my friends away who are pregnant, which I know is terrible!  At least I can notice Ive been doing it.  
So now I'm just going to try and focus on the now, wait for the bleed to come, and get my body on track to be healthy.  WE have another scan Tuesday next week, Ill be 8 weeks by then.

I was also wondering, do you guys ever feel like your not giving your child/children the absolute 100% attention when your on cycle?  I feel bad for DD as I'm there. but not really "there" alot. sad.gif

Speak soon
x

#14 Jazza L

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hello Glitterz
Can feel your pain sweet.

I know how you feel about being there but not there. I really had to get back to the here and now a little while back and look at what was right in front of me- a beautiful child growing up infront of my eyes and I was missing it.

I try (try!) to focus on my DS,listening, watching, doing stuff at school with him, laughing with him and trying to enjoy their spin on this crazy ride called life!

Pregnant friends just make it hurt more-it's normal. Get back to them when your stronger.

"I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man with no feet"

Edited by Jazza L, 28 February 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#15 Wishful thinking

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thanks Glitterz. Yup, I know what you mean about being there but not really being "there". IVF is so all consuming! I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time and totally understand you pushing away pregnant friends. At one stage I was pushing away even my friends who weren't pregnant as I was so scared of hearing yet another pregnancy announcement! My imagination was running wild and I thought everyone was getting pregnant except me. Don't worry if they are good friends they will be there when you are ready and at the moment you need to look after you.

Hi to all you other amazing girls. Will come back later for more personals. Got DS in the bath and I'm on EB. There but not really "there" (lol).

Wishful.

Edited by Wishful thinking, 28 February 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#16 Glitterz

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi mummies,

Ok here is one which might blow your socks off... if its not too hot where you are to be wearing socks...

So thought.. "bugger it" and had another scan today, 1 week exactly since the last.
Just a refresher, last week at 6+3 i was measuring at 5 weeks, nothing to see and sac was 8 mm.
Today at 7+3... here we go..... measuring 6w1d, yold sac, fetal pole, gest sac and HB!
Yes your read right!
HB is very slow, and still measuring a week behind.  Sac now measuring 16mm, so grown on track in 1 week... What the??

Obviously my Dr is very confused.  He has told me not to get excited as will most probably m/C as prog dropped a bit and slow HB... but I still cant believe it.
So here we are on the up again...

Im being really realitic and I know the chances are grim... but there is still this chance... and a fighting embryo.  I just keep thinking that maybe the HB is slow cause it only just started... and what if he was right and did miraculously conceived on the side 1 week later after opu??  Then all the dates would make sense?

I just cant imagine how many more ups and downs one family can take?

Re-scan thursday next week.  If Fetus has stopped growing or No heartbeat then we know thats it.  If the heartbeat has picked up and baby has grown then its still a waiting game.

Hope your all well... sorry I had no personals

x

Edited by Glitterz, 01 March 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#17 spottydog

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Glitterz,

What on earth is happening?

Could you have conceived naturally, did you DTD after EPU? Hold on wasnt this a frozen cycle?

Either way, this could be really good for you. I truly hope its a late implanter or a miracle for you.

spotty.

#18 Glitterz

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Spotty: Nah it was a freshie... and yes  blush.gif  may have DTD the night before transfer...

#19 spottydog

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

OMG its so exciting for you, i hope to god that there is a miracle for you, i truly do. x

#20 Hoping4a2012baby

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

Fingers crossed Glitterz for a miracle baby for you.   hands.gif

#21 Barefoot

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

Glitters, fingers crossed for you. I had a friend who always measured behind and slow HB etc, her DD is now a very healthy almost 2yo. I hope that is the case for you. All the best.

I did a HPT, BFN.

#22 Wishful thinking

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Glitterz, Wowsa's! I had a feeling that was going to happen somehow, just given the unusual ride you are on.  Soooo hoping it works out for you!

Barefoot, sorry your HPT gave a BFN. Hoping it's just too early. When is your BT? Do you have more frosties?

Emmsie, what's happened with your hcg & prog levels?

Spotty, feeling any better yet?

Afm, well I can finally breathe. Scan today showed a belting little HB. Phew.

Wishful.

#23 Lokum

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Glitterz - tingles down my spine. It is a week's growth in a 1-week period, which is surely good. And a heartbeat. You are PG, and it's real. I hope desperately you can hang on to this one, that s/he fights on. And WOW! If this little one makes it, you would HAVE to wonder if this was a natural conception and not the transferred embryo, right?

Barefoot - sorry about the BFN. What's next?

Wishful - so pleased you saw a heartbeat too. What wonderful news. It's the most beautiful sight and sound in the world, isn't it?

Emmsie - what news?

AFM - waiting. Had a scan, got nice follicle growing, but waiting for surge. Expecting to surge on Sunday maybe? and transfer Tues. Very, very busy with our business, so not too much time to get crazy.

Edited cos such a mess!

#24 Barefoot

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

Definity a BFN. Don't know what to do next, we can't afford a fresh cycle for a while. DH might be in the process of losing his job. We just bought a new house. It is all such a mess.

#25 emmsie78

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Sorry ladies - we've been having major internet dramas so I wasn't able to get on most of the week & then was able to get on but not post. Have read back on everything - looks like some exciting news for some of you!

glitterz Wow! Potentially fantastic news for you guys. Also highly stressful but well worth it if all works out! Fingers & toes crossed xx

wishful & spotty Good to hear scans have gone well - excellent news - please keep us posted x

barefoot Sorry to hear it was a BFN & that life is throwing all sorts of extra stressors your way. It is more than enough just dealing with the IVF factor let alone all the other things. Best of luck whenever the next cycle may be

lokum Best of luck with transfer (hopefully tomorrow?)

Jazza Hope it's all going well x

AFM: Hcg dropped back down again so definite chemical pregnancy for me. Got AF a couple of days ago so I'm into my break-month (which at least involves a week away on holidays) before we can start up another fresh cycle. Feeling pretty good though a bit apprehensive that next cycle will be another disasterous one! I'm really not a fan of taking breaks but at least it has worked out well with the holiday as I think I would've had to take a break anyway as holiday will coincide with when EPU would've been. Will be keeping an eye on everyone during my month off though & am sure it'll fly by. Hope you're all well x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

Tales from the homefront

When you're at work you sort of assume that your house is basically just sitting there quietly doing nothing until you return. However, since spending my days at home, I've learned this couldn't be further from the truth.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Video: Toddler not keen on clean-shaven dad

This little girl thought she was taking part in a standard game of peek-a-boo, but her dad had a surprise for her.

When will I feel like myself again?

At some point I became 'me' again, but not the same me that I was ... and that?s not a bad thing.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Couple's bucket list for unborn baby

Jenna and Dan Haley know their baby's time will be limited, so they're packing in a lifetime of memories before he's even born.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.