Do you wear PJs?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Alvarywinters

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

I have seen a few references to PJs here recently and it has sparked my interest...

How many of you wear PJs? Do you wear bedsocks? Is it a seasonal thing?

I don't and have not since I was in my early teens. I find any clothing in bed stuffy. Although sometimes in the middle of winter i'll wear a singlet to bed. DP wears bedsocks and I find that super weird but he says his feet get too cold otherwise lol

#2 MagsJee

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

No, unless we're staying at someone's house.

ph34r.gif  And I'm with your DH on the bed socks  ph34r.gif

#3 EssentialBludger

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

Yes, I love PJ's. And I love nothing more than bumming around the house in my PJ's on a cold and rainy lazy day. Tounge1.gif DP sprang and bought me some Peter Alexander PJ's for Xmas. I'm too scared to wear them at the moment, as they're so delicate and I don't want to wreck them!

I don't wear socks to bed though. I couldn't sleep if I did. My feet need to breathe!

#4 ~Supernova~

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

I don't feel comfortable unless I have pj pants on. I don't own pyjama "sets", just the pants, which I wear with a t-shirt. Makes it easier when getting up in the night to kids too. DH sleeps in his underwear in summer, pj pants with no shirt in winter.

As for socks, I wear them TO bed when it's super cold, but kick them off before going to sleep because they annoy me Tounge1.gif

#5 blueberrymuffin

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

ninja.gif Um, what are bedsocks? (Well... other than socks you were to bed!)

I don't wear pajamas, I usually just wear some of what I wore during the day. My MIL thinks this is a terrible thing to do. I do the same with DS and MIL has gone on a pyjama buying spree for him.

#6 missj

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

Yes, I do - I love my pyjamas!  If it's really hot, I'll wear just undies and a singlet.  
DH only wears undies, even in winter, while i go the whole hog and wear flannies and thick bed socks.

#7 newyearbaby

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

I used to sleep naked but when I was breastfeeding I had to wear breast pads or feeding singlets as I leaked everywhere, so I have gotten used to wearing underpants and a singlet to bed. I too can't handle much more than that unless it is a really cold night. It is good timing though as my step son is now a little older so I am more comfortable wearing something if he walks in the room.

Mind you I will be up in the night feeding throughout this whole winter so I will probably wear PJ's this time round.

My husband is varied from naked to underpants to boxer shorts to a t-shirt to pyjama pants. It's anybody's guess as to what he chooses to wear each night.

#8 Ireckon

Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't.

Though where we live no, it gets very cold in winter (night coolness is already starting to come ) so going to bed naked would be mad, especially if I had to get up to the kids.

We also do hot water bottles in winter. And socks too.

In summer, I do wear just a singlet, cos I find my upper body gets sweaty, which I don;t like.

#9 PinkSurvivor

Yes I wear PJ's everynight and I live in the tropics.

I love PJ's and nice soft cotton nighties original.gif

#10 LifesGood

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Not PJs as such, but I have taken to wearing chemises since I had babies. I love how they look and feel, if they are the right fabric they are very comfy to sleep in.

ETA: like this kind of thing
http://www.zodee.com.au/womens/deshabille/...categoryid=1032

Edited by LifesGood, 23 February 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#11 PrincessPeach

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yep - i get cold otherwise, and yes even in the middle of summer when it's 27 degrees outside & humid!

Winter i freeze, so will always wear socks to bed.

#12 .MrsM.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

i love pjs! in summer, i alternate between a nightie cotton one and a more slinky number wink.gif

in winter i wear flanalette (sp?) sets, with bed socks and velvety dressing gown with a hood! its one of the reasons i love winter biggrin.gif

(dh hates the winter pjs though, they arent very sexy...)

#13 ubermum

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

I always wear clothing, not necessarily pj's. It depends on the weather. At the moment I am wearing summer pj's of shorts and a t-shirt.

#14 Klinkalink

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

Not PJs, but I generally wear 'bed shorts' and a T-shirt to bed. Bed shorts, which I have several pairs of, are old and super-comfy T-shirt material shorts of the kind that would be offensive to society to wear out of the house.
Regardless of how cold it is, I can't wear socks to bed, it just makes my feet feel hot and 'icky'.

#15 mel43

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

I usually wear flannel pj pants and a singlet.
If it's extremely hot (35+) I won't wear the pants, but I always always have to be covered by at least a sheet. Can't sleep without some sort of blanket/sheet.
In winter I'll wear a long sleeved shirt or hoody, pj pants, socks, electric blanket.
And DH just wears boxers, regardless of the weather.

#16 Cranky Kitten

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

DH and I both usually sleep in the nick. I had to go and buy pjs for my wedding as I was staying at a friend's place the night before and bought some lighter ones to wear in hospital when DS was born.

Most of the time I don't bother putting anything on when I get up to feed DS, but as it gets colder I might get a nice dressing gown to slip on so my back doesn't get cold.

#17 TK421

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

I usually just wear a pair of boxers to bed, and that's about it. Even if it's freezing cold, I don't bother. If I get up, I'll throw on a dressing gown if it's cold. Wearing socks to bed annoys my feet.

Kids both have extensive PJ collections and wear them regularly.

Edited by Jip, 23 February 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#18 **Xena**

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

I wear undies and a t-shirt.

If I wear pyjamas I somehow get all tangled in them!

#19 Alvarywinters

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (**Xena** @ 23/02/2012, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wear undies and a t-shirt.

If I wear pyjamas I somehow get all tangled in them!

haha I know this feeling! The few times I have worn some sort of PJs (hotel, family's place etc) I have found myself with arms through the button holes or top pulled up around my head or some other crazy thing lol. If I wear a top with straps I ALWAYS end up with it twisted around and very tight lol  rolleyes.gif

I have to add here that we DO live pretty rural and have no neighbours...I imagine there is always the chance in built-up areas of being caught in the nude in a headlight if you leave a curtain open  wink.gif

#20 ~*Erica*~

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

No.  If I have to get up to the kids then I just chuck on a tshirt.  DH is the same.

When I had to go to hospital for a hysterectomy we stopped at Kmart to buy some nighties on our way to the hospital.  biggrin.gif

#21 meggs10

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

We just wear around the house clothes to bed, like a t-shirt and tracksuit pants. They are much warmer than PJ's and don't cost as much.

#22 IsolaBella

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

DH and I are nudie sleepers.

I will occasionally wear socks to bed (I can't get to sleep if my feet are too hot or too cold - I tend to have ice bricks for feet).

I do have PJs though.... for wearing around the house after getting up.

When we are staying with someone or have someone over to stay (they sleep in DD's room with DD) I put on an old BF Cami and undies to go to bed (in case of having to get up to DD).

ETA: I find sleeping naked warmer then PJs even in winter (Melb or Switzerland)

Edited by lsolaBella, 23 February 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#23 KristyMum-

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

I don't have pyjamas (or 'PJs' for that matter)
I have a few sets of actual clothes that I can wear to bed.
certainly good for 2am dashes to PMH or other emergency
dealing with vomit etc

#24 lozoodle

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

Yes, but only to sloth around the house in. I hate sleeping in anything more than undies as it gets all tangled up and uncomfortable, even in winter.

But I love slothing around the house in PJs of a night time biggrin.gif

#25 d├ęsir d'amour

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Knickers most of the time, but if I'm fresh from an evening shower, I'll go nude.

Singlet if it's a little cool, but I'll use blankets for warmth more often.

I do love my jammies in winter, but being in Mackay I don't think I'll have much use for them any more.  One of DH's tshirts will probably do me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to tell if your child has a speech or language problem

Left untreated, children who start school with speech and language difficulties face an increased risk of reading and writing difficulties, more bullying, poorer peer relationships and less enjoyment of school. So, what should parents expect of children at different ages?

Finding your tribe as a new mum

How was my renegade mother's group different from my first? They were my kind of people. My tribe.

Following your child's emotional roadmap

Psychologist Angharad Candlin will guide parents through their child's emotional development during her seminar at the Essential Baby and Toddler Show in Sydney this weekend.

Delivery room surprises: when gender predictions are wrong

Out of all the questions asked of mums-to-be, “Do you know what you're having?” would be right up there in popularity. Sometimes,

The fertility battle we don't talk about

“You’re nowhere near menopausal,” my doctor cheerily informed me, and my heart sank. I don’t want to live with worry about pregnancy anymore.

'My morning sickness was so bad I'm not having any more kids'

“All the horrible stuff was totally worth it to have my son. But there is absolutely no way I could go through it all again.”

The 'no children' wedding invite

It was the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends, and she had invited me to be her bridesmaid. It was quite an honour. But there was one problem.

Baby Dylan recovering well after spending five days alone

For up to five days he lay alone after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose, but eight-month-old Dylan Micallef has made an incredible recovery.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

The mystery of William Tyrell, little boy lost

The question remains: How does a little boy simply vanish without a trace?

Woman fights off robber, then gives birth

A thief in the US got more than he bargained for when he try to rob a woman who was nine months pregnant because he figured she would be an easy target.

Video: Two-year-old tells mum off for laughing at her

This little girl is not happy that her mum started laughing during her performance - so she tells her exactly how she feels about it.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Does this baby say 'I love you'?

She's only 10 weeks old, but this baby is already dividing people around the world.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.