Do you wear PJs?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Alvarywinters

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

I have seen a few references to PJs here recently and it has sparked my interest...

How many of you wear PJs? Do you wear bedsocks? Is it a seasonal thing?

I don't and have not since I was in my early teens. I find any clothing in bed stuffy. Although sometimes in the middle of winter i'll wear a singlet to bed. DP wears bedsocks and I find that super weird but he says his feet get too cold otherwise lol

#2 MagsJee

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

No, unless we're staying at someone's house.

ph34r.gif  And I'm with your DH on the bed socks  ph34r.gif

#3 EssentialBludger

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

Yes, I love PJ's. And I love nothing more than bumming around the house in my PJ's on a cold and rainy lazy day. Tounge1.gif DP sprang and bought me some Peter Alexander PJ's for Xmas. I'm too scared to wear them at the moment, as they're so delicate and I don't want to wreck them!

I don't wear socks to bed though. I couldn't sleep if I did. My feet need to breathe!

#4 ~Supernova~

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

I don't feel comfortable unless I have pj pants on. I don't own pyjama "sets", just the pants, which I wear with a t-shirt. Makes it easier when getting up in the night to kids too. DH sleeps in his underwear in summer, pj pants with no shirt in winter.

As for socks, I wear them TO bed when it's super cold, but kick them off before going to sleep because they annoy me Tounge1.gif

#5 blueberrymuffin

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

ninja.gif Um, what are bedsocks? (Well... other than socks you were to bed!)

I don't wear pajamas, I usually just wear some of what I wore during the day. My MIL thinks this is a terrible thing to do. I do the same with DS and MIL has gone on a pyjama buying spree for him.

#6 missj

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

Yes, I do - I love my pyjamas!  If it's really hot, I'll wear just undies and a singlet.  
DH only wears undies, even in winter, while i go the whole hog and wear flannies and thick bed socks.

#7 newyearbaby

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

I used to sleep naked but when I was breastfeeding I had to wear breast pads or feeding singlets as I leaked everywhere, so I have gotten used to wearing underpants and a singlet to bed. I too can't handle much more than that unless it is a really cold night. It is good timing though as my step son is now a little older so I am more comfortable wearing something if he walks in the room.

Mind you I will be up in the night feeding throughout this whole winter so I will probably wear PJ's this time round.

My husband is varied from naked to underpants to boxer shorts to a t-shirt to pyjama pants. It's anybody's guess as to what he chooses to wear each night.

#8 Ireckon

Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't.

Though where we live no, it gets very cold in winter (night coolness is already starting to come ) so going to bed naked would be mad, especially if I had to get up to the kids.

We also do hot water bottles in winter. And socks too.

In summer, I do wear just a singlet, cos I find my upper body gets sweaty, which I don;t like.

#9 PinkSurvivor

Yes I wear PJ's everynight and I live in the tropics.

I love PJ's and nice soft cotton nighties original.gif

#10 Lifesgood

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Not PJs as such, but I have taken to wearing chemises since I had babies. I love how they look and feel, if they are the right fabric they are very comfy to sleep in.

ETA: like this kind of thing
http://www.zodee.com.au/womens/deshabille/...categoryid=1032

Edited by LifesGood, 23 February 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#11 PrincessPeach

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yep - i get cold otherwise, and yes even in the middle of summer when it's 27 degrees outside & humid!

Winter i freeze, so will always wear socks to bed.

#12 .MrsM.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

i love pjs! in summer, i alternate between a nightie cotton one and a more slinky number wink.gif

in winter i wear flanalette (sp?) sets, with bed socks and velvety dressing gown with a hood! its one of the reasons i love winter biggrin.gif

(dh hates the winter pjs though, they arent very sexy...)

#13 ubermum

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

I always wear clothing, not necessarily pj's. It depends on the weather. At the moment I am wearing summer pj's of shorts and a t-shirt.

#14 Klinkalink

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

Not PJs, but I generally wear 'bed shorts' and a T-shirt to bed. Bed shorts, which I have several pairs of, are old and super-comfy T-shirt material shorts of the kind that would be offensive to society to wear out of the house.
Regardless of how cold it is, I can't wear socks to bed, it just makes my feet feel hot and 'icky'.

#15 mel43

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

I usually wear flannel pj pants and a singlet.
If it's extremely hot (35+) I won't wear the pants, but I always always have to be covered by at least a sheet. Can't sleep without some sort of blanket/sheet.
In winter I'll wear a long sleeved shirt or hoody, pj pants, socks, electric blanket.
And DH just wears boxers, regardless of the weather.

#16 Cranky Kitten

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

DH and I both usually sleep in the nick. I had to go and buy pjs for my wedding as I was staying at a friend's place the night before and bought some lighter ones to wear in hospital when DS was born.

Most of the time I don't bother putting anything on when I get up to feed DS, but as it gets colder I might get a nice dressing gown to slip on so my back doesn't get cold.

#17 TK421

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

I usually just wear a pair of boxers to bed, and that's about it. Even if it's freezing cold, I don't bother. If I get up, I'll throw on a dressing gown if it's cold. Wearing socks to bed annoys my feet.

Kids both have extensive PJ collections and wear them regularly.

Edited by Jip, 23 February 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#18 **Xena**

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

I wear undies and a t-shirt.

If I wear pyjamas I somehow get all tangled in them!

#19 Alvarywinters

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (**Xena** @ 23/02/2012, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wear undies and a t-shirt.

If I wear pyjamas I somehow get all tangled in them!

haha I know this feeling! The few times I have worn some sort of PJs (hotel, family's place etc) I have found myself with arms through the button holes or top pulled up around my head or some other crazy thing lol. If I wear a top with straps I ALWAYS end up with it twisted around and very tight lol  rolleyes.gif

I have to add here that we DO live pretty rural and have no neighbours...I imagine there is always the chance in built-up areas of being caught in the nude in a headlight if you leave a curtain open  wink.gif

#20 ~*Erica*~

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

No.  If I have to get up to the kids then I just chuck on a tshirt.  DH is the same.

When I had to go to hospital for a hysterectomy we stopped at Kmart to buy some nighties on our way to the hospital.  biggrin.gif

#21 meggs10

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

We just wear around the house clothes to bed, like a t-shirt and tracksuit pants. They are much warmer than PJ's and don't cost as much.

#22 Isolabella

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

DH and I are nudie sleepers.

I will occasionally wear socks to bed (I can't get to sleep if my feet are too hot or too cold - I tend to have ice bricks for feet).

I do have PJs though.... for wearing around the house after getting up.

When we are staying with someone or have someone over to stay (they sleep in DD's room with DD) I put on an old BF Cami and undies to go to bed (in case of having to get up to DD).

ETA: I find sleeping naked warmer then PJs even in winter (Melb or Switzerland)

Edited by lsolaBella, 23 February 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#23 KristyMum-

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

I don't have pyjamas (or 'PJs' for that matter)
I have a few sets of actual clothes that I can wear to bed.
certainly good for 2am dashes to PMH or other emergency
dealing with vomit etc

#24 lozoodle

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

Yes, but only to sloth around the house in. I hate sleeping in anything more than undies as it gets all tangled up and uncomfortable, even in winter.

But I love slothing around the house in PJs of a night time biggrin.gif

#25 Pull Up A Beanbag

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Knickers most of the time, but if I'm fresh from an evening shower, I'll go nude.

Singlet if it's a little cool, but I'll use blankets for warmth more often.

I do love my jammies in winter, but being in Mackay I don't think I'll have much use for them any more.  One of DH's tshirts will probably do me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

11 things that will happen when you're breastfeeding

After having three children and various degrees of success feeding them all, there's one thing I can tell you: virtually nothing will go as planned.

Surgery for baby born with a tail

A baby born with a tail has had it removed after doctors feared the birth defect might cause long term damage to his lower body.

When 'skin to skin' becomes a family affair

An adorable photo of a little boy and his dad enjoying skin to skin contact with newborn twins is melting hearts everywhere.

35 hilariously weird 'top tips'

Who would have thunk it? We never knew there were so many uses for feminine hygiene products. 

Pregnancy skin woes: acne, dry skin, itchy skin

Here are some of the most common skin complaints in pregnancy and how to tackle them, face on.

Watch this fun dance class for babywearing dads

Is there anything sexier than a babywearing dad?

Parents, this is how to cut grapes to avoid choking

One mum has learnt a harrowing lesson about the best way to cut grapes to make it safe for toddlers and little kids to eat.

When your kids have totally different temperaments

Sometimes it has felt like whiplash parenting. She perches watchfully while I vacuum; he tries to climb on and go for a ride.

How do our stress levels influence our baby?

Since having my second baby a number of people have commented on how placid, content and settled he is and, similarly, many have commented on how this is a reflection of how I am with him.

Separation anxiety isn't just for kids

Despite its prevalence, most doctors tend to be reluctant to diagnose adult patients with separation anxiety.

A charm bracelet, a boy, and my beliefs questioned

I was staring at the face of my son, realising that my once steadfast decision to be open minded was quickly unravelling at the seams.

Why I'm so grateful for Hayden Panettiere's PND honesty

There are baby steps and giant leaps forward. But there are steps backwards, too. And, oh, how they can hurt your heart.

The heartbreaking story of little Moko

The mother of 3-year-old Moko Rangitoheriri said she should have picked up on the signs. {Warning: distressing content}

Kate Beckinsale and teen daughter recreate birth photo

Kate Beckinsale has recreated her daughter Lily's birth photo, 17 years after she was born.

The adult-size stroller you'll want to test drive

It's one of the biggest baby related purchases they will make, so it makes sense that parents-to-be get a chance to road test a stroller.

Pregnancy announcement shows the reality of IVF

It's a long way from baby booties or bump shots people have become accustomed to in social media pregnancy announcements.  

Soleil Moon Frye welcomes fourth baby

"Punky Brewster" is a mom again, for the fourth time. Soleil Moon Frye announced the birth of her baby boy, Story, on Instagram Wednesday.

Mum breastfeeds baby found abandoned on the street

A woman has been praised as a "beautiful mother" after breastfeeding a baby which had been abandoned at the side of a street. 

A birth with a difference: the 'natural caesarean'

We've shared stories of gentle caesareans before, but a new video shows a new option called a 'natural caesarean'.

Baby name inspiration by music genre

If you're all about the music, then you'll need a musical name for that baby. We've got all the lists for you by music genre.

Giving effective instructions to toddlers

One of the most common errors made by parents is in how they give instructions to their children.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

The babies who are one in 70 million

Bethani Webb was excited to find out she was pregnant, but the first time mum did not realise she was carrying four babies not one.

Cafe offers breastfeeding mums a free cup of tea

A Sydney cafe is offering breastfeeding mums free cups of tea in a bid to show support for the right of women to nurse their babies wherever they choose.

To snip or not to snip? When the decision is not clear cut

Jamie Oliver, who considered a vasectomy, is to be a father again. A fellow dad reflects on his own decision 11 years ago

Doctors stunned by rare twins born almost six weeks apart

To everyone's surprise, Kristen Miller "kept doing better each day", keeping her second baby safe.

Baby book ideas for modern parents

Before my son was born I was given a lovely baby book full of blank pages waiting to be filled with weights and heights and first words.

The adorable smile of a baby seeing his mum clearly for the first time

There is no doubt seeing their child smile for the first time is an unforgettable moment for parents everywhere.

Mum tells how toddler 'nearly hung himself' in cot mishap

When Alison Johnson put her 18-month-old Caleb down for a nap, she had no reason to believe her son was in any danger.

Babies are still switched at birth? Yes, it can happen

All my panic and tears aside, my biggest question looking back is about the kind of security measures used in the maternity ward.

Doctors slammed for taking selfie with newborn

Everyone who visits a mum in hospital in the days following childbirth wants to get a photo with the new baby.

ergoPouch Twosie Sleepsuit for winter breastfeeding

Finally, there's a way to keep warm while breastfeeding through winter.

Health check: How long does sex 'normally' last?

What to do with this information? My advice would be to try not to think about it during the throes of passion.

When breastfeeding sucks: fixing common problems

From niplash to tight boobs, biting to milk supply issues, Pinky McKay looks at common breastfeeding issues and how to solve them.

10 things I've learnt in my first six months with twins

Six months on we're all still alive, and the more we get to know each other the easier the days become.

Mum's loving kiss leaves baby fighting for life

Kirsty Carrington thought nothing of giving her newborn son a kiss, little did she know it would leave the baby fighting for life.

When doing chores is your new 'me time'

After children, 'me time' looks a little different.

Get going: 14 travel strollers for families on the move

A stroller can make or break travelling with a baby or toddler. Here are 15 great single travel stroller options.

10 ways toddlers are terrific

It always pays to remind yourself of how terrific toddlers can be - they're little like this for such a short time

Vintage Toys

The toys of your childhood

Take a trip down memory lane with these vinage and retro toys that you may have had in your childhood or your parent's childhood.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.