- - - - -

Win 1 of 5 “Surviving the Storm” books by Jodie Nolan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#26 Mummytoyou

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Using cloth nappies and wipes, hmoemade cleaning products, pre-paying all bills so they arrive in credit and shopping at the local markets fro fruit and vegies.

#27 Chris20

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

I buy items in bulk when they are on special.  I always look through the catelogues and write down specials.  It is worth going to different stores to save.

#28 Annex

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

The five cents collection, everyone in the family collects five cents for the jar which can quickly add up

#29 pea1nuts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (EBeditor @ 20/02/2012, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With time out of the workforce raising children and generally lower rates of pay, women need to pay special attention to protecting their financial future. Self-made millionaire, mother, financial expert and best-selling author Jodie Nolan highlights an important need for women to start putting in place strategies to build their wealth in her new book 'Surviving the Storm'.

Jodie Nolan is a financial expert who has decades of experience in Australia's money sector including senior roles in the country's biggest financial institutions. A self-made millionaire by 29, Jodie has experienced extreme wealth, loss and re-building after her financial collapse.  Jodie is passionate about educating people about money, its core fundamentals and how they can build their own financial independences. The Founder and Director of EQUIS Group, and published author, Jodie now dedicates her time to passing on her knowledge and expertise to adults to help make a difference in their lives today, and generations to come. Jodie is married with two young daughters and lives on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Purchase a 'Surviving the Storm' from www.jodienolan.com and receive a free money e-book and budget planner.

Prize:
5 Surviving the Storm book valued at $27 each.
Total prize being: $135

How to enter
For your chance to win, just reply below with the answer to the following question in 25 words or less:
“What saving and budgeting tips do you and your family have that you wouldn’t survive without? “

T &Cs pinned in competition forum.

Competition commences Monday 20 February until Monday March 5, 2012.

#30 pea1nuts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (EBeditor @ 20/02/2012, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With time out of the workforce raising children and generally lower rates of pay, women need to pay special attention to protecting their financial future. Self-made millionaire, mother, financial expert and best-selling author Jodie Nolan highlights an important need for women to start putting in place strategies to build their wealth in her new book 'Surviving the Storm'.

Jodie Nolan is a financial expert who has decades of experience in Australia's money sector including senior roles in the country's biggest financial institutions. A self-made millionaire by 29, Jodie has experienced extreme wealth, loss and re-building after her financial collapse.  Jodie is passionate about educating people about money, its core fundamentals and how they can build their own financial independences. The Founder and Director of EQUIS Group, and published author, Jodie now dedicates her time to passing on her knowledge and expertise to adults to help make a difference in their lives today, and generations to come. Jodie is married with two young daughters and lives on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Purchase a 'Surviving the Storm' from www.jodienolan.com and receive a free money e-book and budget planner.

Prize:

How to enter
For your chance to win, just reply below with the answer to the following question in 25 words or less:
“What saving and budgeting tips do you and your family have that you wouldn’t survive without? “

Edited by pea1nuts, 24 February 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#31 Jackson50

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

We try to survive as a family by working out whats to be spent prior to getting paid for the week, and budgeting.

#32 nerry

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

I have to make all of my kids food from scratch (allergies and food aversion)
So i make in bulk and freeze, so much easier and cheaper.

#33 lulu-allies-mum

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

We are struggling with $50k worth of debt so i don't think i am one to give advise on budgetting! my one piece of advise that has saved us numerous times is pay a little of your electricity bill each pay cheque. we pay $100 per fortnight and it is lovely to get a bill that says $120 credit! original.gif

#34 linda1963

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

i internet bank my bills fortnightly so no nasty surprises-i also buy in bulk when things on special:-)

#35 Cacti

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

I budget, and have savings as part of the budget. It means that when something unexpected comes up, we can afford it.

#36 jonolan

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'm loving all of your comments and brilliant suggestions on saving money - thanks everyone!  
Keep them coming....I look forward to Essential Baby announcing the winners of the book giveaway next week!
Cheers
Jodie Nolan
www.jodienolan.com

#37 jonolan

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (lulu-allies-mum @ 25/02/2012, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are struggling with $50k worth of debt so i don't think i am one to give advise on budgetting! my one piece of advise that has saved us numerous times is pay a little of your electricity bill each pay cheque. we pay $100 per fortnight and it is lovely to get a bill that says $120 credit! original.gif

In my opinion, it is the people who have experienced adversity (of any sort) that make the best teachers for others - it means you can stand tall, share your story and in turn, assist others.  Congrats on this great tip....personally this is what we do too with all our bills (set up via direct debit) and it saves us time, money and heartache each month!  Cheers Jodie Nolan

#38 mustangsachy

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Saved $300 off Electricity bill by posting a note on each switch that said 'If you turn this on put 50c in the electricity jar'.

(made us all think twice before turning on a switch - especially the kids!)

#39 sharonmarkwell

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (EBeditor @ 20/02/2012, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Prize:

How to enter

#40 -*meh*-

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

live within your means, meal plan and only shop once. Stopping in for one thing leads to 10 and $50+ you didnt need!

#41 donkey12

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

With our Quicken Personal Trial,

From Money in 2006, it's been a while!

It tracks our every cent;

So our wallets never have a dent!

It can help anyone,

Plus it’s not boring – it’s fun!

Pretty graphs that explain,

So you have money, even if it doesn’t rain!

#42 moniqueeem

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

A budget that is adhered to, to make sure all bills and necessaties are paid, savings increased and perhaps a bit extra on the mortgage!

#43 redhot21

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

we do a food shopping list, a menu list for what we are eating for the week so pre-parpered and budgeted,
also have a budget on our fridge about money and where it goes pay each bill weekly not when they come a little here and there goes along way

#44 Manley3

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

We have additional tax taken out of our weekly pay allowing us enough back at tax time for a nice annual family holiday.

#45 lucafoveaux

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

I've been looking for a new book to read, so I will definitely have to enter this comp!

There is another competition that I stumbled across that I thought I should share - it's run by Hypoxi and they are giving away a holiday to the Maldives! I could so do with a holiday right now!!

All you have to do is go to their Facebook page and submit a photo and fill out your details!

https://www.facebook.com/HYPOXIAustralia?sk...254553244581393

Luca

#46 ajhealy1

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

• Don't get bullied into buying on the spot, walk away and allow yourself time to see if you really need it. 99% of the time, you can easily do without.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.