Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

End of the week and start of week 7

SW: 97
CW: 85kg
GW: 70kg
LTW: ?2kg past few weeks

Current goals
Minimise junk food. Do a bike ride this week

I've still got my dodgy scales, but I think they're in the ballpark at least. I'm lucky to appeared to have lost weight as I've had a few bad weeks eating wise. But I guess with breastfeeding 2-4hrly around the clock has helped. I will try and take advantage of it though from now on to see if I can get some better weight loss. Ultimately I will keep 'listening' to my bodies needs without bingeing.

Still didn't get around to doing that bike ride, so that's my goal for the week.

Good luck for this week everyone.

BB

#2 onthephone

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

SW: 80
CW: 73
GW: 70
LTW: 1.5kg
LTD: 7kg

Current goals
punching bag - every second day - needs more discipline.
Crunches every second day - needs more discipline.
Not doing so well with my goals but am doing well with the riding.

I have lost 7kgs in 5 weeks as I came into the challenge late and 19 kgs since mid last year.

Got to say I am thrilled with the weight loss for this week but it has come at a price, I am having some real issues with not eating enough or the right calories. I don't feel great like I should considering the weight loss. TBH I think MFP is right and my body is in starvation mode so this week I have to find some balance. Too much has been cut out of my diet, dairy, oils and seeds so they have to go back in.

So this weeks goal for me is to find the right balance between good nutrition and still losing weight. I think the weight is coming off too fast to the detriment of my energy levels, riding has become so important to me but at this rate I won't have the energy to do it so I have to eat more calories.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's results, good luck original.gif

#3 BonKalKady

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

onthephone: great loss but I have to agree, if you are not feeling well or energised you aren't eating enough! I often look at your mfp and wonder how you get on with so little calories! This week I added cheese back into my diet, was missing it so bad and I think it actually helps keep me 'fuller' when it is added to my sanga or crackers iykwim? Some things are worth eating original.gif just in smaller amounts!

Beebs: how is that gorgeous little Ravi going?  biggrin.gif

I've got my best friends (from school) baby shower to go to today! I am soooo excited to see her. Its been way too long. I can't wait to see her preggers! She has seen me fat 3 times LOL now its her turn! biggrin.gif Must be good on the party food though, need some discipline today!

Had a good day eating wise yesterday, had a couple of glasses of wine though and I think a little too much at arvo tea. Need to cut that down. Ate fruit yesterday for the first time in ages. It usually plays on my tummy. I added a banana to trim custard and a kiwi fruit and few grapes to yoghurt. Was filling and yum! No belly probs either... weird?! Maybe its something else I am eating upsetting the tum.

I seem to be quite hungry for arvo tea so might need to change what I am having perhaps? Something more filling.... Am having 4 cruskits with hommus, ham, tomato and cheese..... if I could just have 2 that would be good but I am just too hungry. Any suggestions?

#4 Feral Dinosaurus

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

Well done ladies cclap.gif

And well done on those to come biggrin.gif

I have had yet another disaster - 2 weeks in a row and I'm over 96kg again. Argh! I'm so mad at myself, there is no excuse for being so crap.

Anyway:

SW: 106
CW: 96.3
LTD 9.7
LTW: GAIN 800gms

Sigh.

I have made a big effort in menu planning this week - I am using the CSIRO book again, I don't know why i stopped - it has some great recipes in it.

Current goals:

1. Drink more water
2. Stay under calorie requirements
3. Exercise properly on the 3 days I don't have the toddler to worry about original.gif

OK - next week I am going to be back under 96kg and the week after back under 95. If I can gain 1.5kg in 2 weeks then I can lose it too, right!

Hope everyone else is feeling motivated this week.

#5 Bubblybear

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Well done on the losses so far everyone!

I've had a good week this week, eating right, did up my cals and had much more energy. I lost my weight gain from the binge week finally  biggrin.gif and am down with a net loss.

SW: 66.6
GW: 55
CW: 58
LTD: 8.6kg
LTW (net): 0.5kg

Goal for the week: stay on course and keep motivated!!

ETA: I just read your post, Onthephone. I upped my cals to about 1500 min this week (doing min 1300 previously) and it's not stopped the weight loss. Whatever they say about starvation mode or otherwise on MFP, something seems to be working in the right direction.  My TDEE is around 1700 or 1800 depending on activity level.  I have SO much more energy on 1500 cals.

Edited by Bubblybear, 19 February 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#6 themelster

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

54kg's today.
.4kg lost this week
8kg's lost to date.

I can stop losing weight now!  It's just habit - and trying to get the balance right.

#7 DandS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Double post

Edited by DandS, 19 February 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#8 DandS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (themelster @ 19/02/2012, 11:23 AM)
14323229[/url]']

I can stop losing weight now!  It's just habit - and trying to get the balance right.

This is me too, I don't think I want to lose much more, but lost 500g this week because I'm set in this eating/exercise pattern!

I'm down to 57kg this week, 2kg lost in this challenge and 8kg lost in the last 6 months.

Edited by DandS, 19 February 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#9 flute

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

SW:86kg
GW:60kg
1GW80kg
CW: 83.1kg
LTW: 400g
LTD : 2.9kg

goals this week

1 Stay under calorie requirements (been over quite ab bit this week)
2 Exercise 4 days this week
3 eat better this week

I am happy with a 0.4g lost this week, I don't care how much I lose as long as the scales are going down and not up.

#10 pinkpoodle

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi everyone. Congratulations on the losses! Our group seems to be getting smaller and smaller. I hope everyone is going along ok on their own..

I'm not weighing in this week  ph34r.gif I know I've put on weight. I had a terrible first half of the week. Started with "rewarding" myself which lead then to self sabotage and bingeing later in the week. It was horrible to go back to my old habits of negative thoughts etc. this weekend we're away so I've decided to just not think about "diet" and eat normally and best I can while still enjoying myself. I plan to get back to it again properly tomorrow, weigh in next Sunday and hope to come in even!

Goals for this week- start eating healthy and believing in myself again. Exercise- everyday.

Good luck to everyone else!

#11 missfrizzle

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hi everyone,
Just a quick post from me

missfrizzle

SW: 94
CW: 85.9
GW: 70
LTW: 1.0kg
LTD: 8.1kg

#12 imamumto3

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

I put on 300g this week to be back up to 55.8kg.

Falling off the wagon has come back to bite me in the butt.  I have been indulging in frozen yogurt at night & being intolerant to it, it has hit & I have been feeling sick for the last few days.  This in turn has hindered my digestion & I am really bloated & in pain.  But it has made me learn a lesson the tough way, it is so not worth it!

Sorry for all the woe is me posts lately.

I walked DS & DD to school & preschool this morning & weather permitting I will do it again for pick up this afternoon.  I also have a meeting a school this evening, so I hope to walk there & back for that too.

Well done on all the losses!

My goal this week - I want to finally crack under 55kg & see a 54 something on the scales next Sunday

#13 flute

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

I walked Emily to school this morning and also went to the gym
I did 5 min on the Xtrainer and 10 min walk/ run on the treadmill and finished it of with a weights session  

Imamumto3,:-you can do it

I want to see 82 something on my scales by sunday

#14 flute

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

I walked Emily to school this morning and also went to the gym
I did 5 min on the Xtrainer and 10 min walk/ run on the treadmill and finished it of with a weights session  

Imamumto3,:-you can do it

I want to see 82 something on my scales by sunday

#15 BonKalKady

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

omg jealous of those who are losing weight but don't want to lol!

Congrats to the losers, some of them are huge! Great efforts!

Nervous for weigh in tomorrow! please please pleaseeeeee be a loss! I need to lose 1.4kg (pfffft) to get back to where I WAS! eeek. So not happy with myself! That was weeks ago too. I feel like I've done O.K. ish this week. Not as good as it could be, but getting there!

I bought almonds today, to try curb me from eating naughty things at night like lollies/chocolate!

See you tomorrow!

#16 DandS

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

Somehow I have lost another kg the past couple of days, have weighed in at 56kg the last 2 mornings (after 57kg over the weekend). So, I am now at goal weight, don't want to lose any more: 3kg lost since start of challenge, and 9kg in last 6months:)

I'm really surprised I've lost more weight, as I've hurt my ankle and can't run at the moment, and I've actually been eating more than usual the last few days. I have been bike riding and doing decent rides, but thought that no running would mean weight gain, not loss!

Edited by DandS, 21 February 2012 - 06:07 AM.

#17 BonKalKady

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:55 AM

WEIGH DAY for me! So excited! biggrin.gif My biggest loss yet!

SW: 77kg
GW: 70kg
CW: 76.9kg
LTW: 1kg
LTD: 100g LMAO.

Thank god I am finally back to where I started at least. Since starting I had gained almost 2kg (am gonna guess that was muscle from exercising). I can't believe this week I lost a WHOLE KILO! I don't think I have ever achieved that! and NO MFP either!  grin.gif Must have needed the break from all that calorie counting! I knew it was making me think about food more and eat more!

I even had plenty of naughty things this week too, was quite cranky at my lack of self control on a few days. Curious what my loss would be if I DIDN'T eat that crap!

Anywho, happy girl here!

Congrats DandS! Being at your goal must be an awesome feeling!

Apologies for my boring rambles, some days I need to write it down so I am not cheating myself I guess and you guys are it! You are all so supportive  wub.gif!

Net

#18 Bubblybear

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

BKK, congratulations on the great loss! biggrin.gif Maybe you won't get that great a loss if you did not eat the "crap"?? Food for thought (don't mind the pun!).

DandS, well done on getting to goal.

Keep up the great work everyone and stay strong. I'm staying on course so far food and exercise wise AND Day 2 of not stepping on the scales for the WHOLE week till Sunday biggrin.gif

#19 beebsoferal

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Woo congrats BKK. That must have been a good feeling seeing those scales. And Ravi is doing great thanks. He's a big boy. He was weighed yesterday at 5.905kg and he will be 5 weeks tomorrow! He's a very content bubba that obviously loves his food.

Thanks to imamumto3 and flute for inspiring me to walk DD to childcare today. You really made me think about why I wasn't doing that. I quite enjoyed my brisk 25min walk this morning.

And another congrats to DandS on reaching your goal weight. Look forward to hearing how your journey goes from here and whether or not it is hard to maintain, or it's just how you live now.

Well I've been eating more than my fair share of hot cross buns this week (they're run out at least now). But otherwise I've been eating alright I think. I haven't got around to completing MFP the last few days but meh no biggie.

One thing helping me eat better is really focusing on increasing vege intake at dinner. Aiming for a least 3 different veges and preferably 5. Previously I've had a curry with maybe only 1 or 2 veges in it served with rice - now I add an extra vege in the curry and serve a vege dish on the side (often steamed brocolli, cauliflower and beans dry fried in cumin seeds yum). The veges take up more plate space meaning less room for rice etc. I have an issue with too big portion sizes, so at least if they're veges it's not so bad.

Keep focused for the rest of the week everyone.

Cheers,

BB

#20 imamumto3

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

I ended up getting to walk to preschool & school again in the afternoon yesterday.

Had the added benefit of being able to perve on the good looking school teacher who was standing by the front gates as we were leaving  blush.gif

#21 beebsoferal

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (imamumto3 @ 21/02/2012, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ended up getting to walk to preschool & school again in the afternoon yesterday.

Had the added benefit of being able to perve on the good looking school teacher who was standing by the front gates as we were leaving  blush.gif

Bonus! tthumbs.gif

#22 pinkpoodle

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hi all. How is everyone today? I'm proud of myself that I've had a great 2 days, feeling back on track. Although I didn't weigh myself I'm sure I packed a few kilos back on, hoping a fair bit of it is fluid/ bloating and by the time I weigh in on Sunday I'll be atleast at the weight I was 2 weeks ago. It was a shock to me how easily I fell of the wagon, got back to bad habits and felt terrible.

Looking forward to doing some exercise tonight.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon/ night wink.gif

#23 BonKalKady

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Had a bit of a blow out today grr. At work, we had to try this rocky road pudding.. OMG it was so good I had more than a 'taste' LOL. for what its worth I felt soooo gross and ill afterwards! 300 odd calories to feel like that! ARGH  mad.gif

Nice rainy day here today, a cool change from the humid sticky weather lately!

and...

TGIF tomorrow! Its been a LOOOOOONG week here...  unsure.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.