Regards

Ali

#2 Vanilla-Cupcakes

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Gold! Yippee!

#3 OMG Finally!!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Silver!!!!! Yay!
Told some more friends today- so fun! But man it's hard to find food that's ok to eat at parties!!!! It was all Luke warm by the time we got there, dips and hot dogs- booo!
Feel like I'm showing already at 7 weeks- so so bloated! Don't remember this with my son as much!!!
Hope everyone is good xxx

#4 bikingbubs

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

im feeling like a big bloated whale.
sad.gif

#5 Emzy86

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hi all just joined today  I am 5 weeks 4 days and due on the 17Th October
We did IUI and on our 3rd attempt we were successful we have a BabyBean inside.

EMZY

#6 Vanilla-Cupcakes

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Does anyone have a really sore lower back? Mine feels bruised and swollen at night. Am using heat packs which helps, was going to use voltaren gel but says don't use in pregnancy sad.gif so heat packs it is!

#7 Cams

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

Vanilla - my lower back has been sore for a fair bit of the last couple weeks. Good idea using the heatpack, might try that myself.

AFM - not much, just another day and dreading work tomorrow. Have my best friend staying with me this weekend so finally told her yesterday that I'm pregnant. Poor girl, with everything she's been through I know It's hard for her and she feels like giving up. Thankfully her hubby sounds slightly more positive so hopefully manages to talk her around and they get a healthy baby soon

#8 J4CQUI

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hi guys! Wow what a big weekend it's been !! Fracture clinic with Lukas for 3 hours on Friday. Had my scan too.. perfect little bean in there with a heartbeat of 151. My Best friend was up for the weekend from Friday for my daughters 8th birthday party. Then she had a sleepover with 4 extra kids here and they didn't leave until after lunch today. I am exhausted!! Thankfully Michael will be home tonight so I might be able to crash early.

Jemiesmum ~ Good Luck with getting your bloods results! I hope you get some nice doubling to ease your mind! I bled on and off for most of the first trimester with my DD and she was just fine.

Mum2princesses ~ Sorry to hear you've been unwell! I hope your m/s passes soon!
Definitely noticing the changes already here! I've been getting a lot of funny looks lately and quite a few people ask "sooo when do you think you'll have another baby" or something like that and I think they're expecting me to tell them I'm already pregnant.

JulesMc ~ Having trouble fitting into my bra too.. I haven't noticed the increased size this early before!

NK0709 ~ Good Luck with your scan on Tuesday! I hope everything is as it should be!

OMGFinally ~ That must be so hard dealing with m/s at school! I hope it doesn't last too long!

slmills ~ Welcome and Congratulations! Feel free to ask any questions and I'm sure someone will be able to help!

Vanilla Cupcakes ~ You have MORE energy?? I'm very jealous! haha. Your symptoms sound right on track! :-) I hope your back feels better soon!
I hope you had a nice day out with DF yesterday to make up for being alone Friday night!

ally0812 ~ Welcome and Congratulations! How very organised to have already picked names! I find it so hard!
Sorry to hear your m/s is so bad too.. I hope it doesn't last long!

littleurchin ~ I'm glad to hear your scan went well! I'm not going by my scan date either because it means I would have to have had a 31 day cycle.. and my last 4 cycles have all been 26 days so it's unlikely!
Don't stress too much about the ham.. as long as it was nice and hot then I'm sure it is fine.

Nalina ~ I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong.. all your fears are perfectly normal! If you think getting a scan would ease your fears then I think it's probably a good idea. Some people are just lucky and don't get morning sickness though!

Cams ~ I was so sorry to hear you didn't win your position back at work... sounds terribly unfair! I hope the tonics work to make you feel better about everything.. good luck going into work tomorrow. :-(

Emzy ~ Welcome and Congratulations!!

#9 Vanilla-Cupcakes

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Everyone is drinking this weekend, nice glasses of wine.

So I thought why not. Got a bottle just for me, had a glass, and then went another. It was lovely!

It was non alcoholic maison tongue.gif

I'm so hardcore! Lucky I'm not a real drinker, never really liked alcohol. Maison takes me back to the days of being 14 or 15 though, and feeling like an 'adult' with a special drink!

#10 JulesMc

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Welcome Emzy & slmils !! Good luck with the pg. Keep us posted on how you are going.

Vanilla - hope your day out with DF was great.

Cams - sorry about the job. These things somehow work themselves out. Hopefully something bigger and better comes your way soon.

Nalina - if you are worried I agree J4qui. I'd ask for a scan. I did and Dr understood my angst and did the referral for me without question (had a MC previously & not seeing OB for another 3 wks). Haven't had it yet though.

Sorry if I've missed anyone - if so welcome to our group!! Love hearing how your feeling.

AFM - actually had some nausea this morning and lots of saliva. Been so tired, had an afternon nap and constantly exhausted no matter how little I have done. Had to skip most of the housework (very unlike me).

Take care ladies.

#11 YoBagaBaga

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Wow this thread moves quickly!

I am so bloated all the time. And nauseous ALL the time! at least this time my lower back isn't as sore as my first pregnancy. For those with back pain, the physio can do wonders!

#12 kirsada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi all and welcome to the new girls!

This thread moves too quick original.gif I haven't posted for a few days as I have been sleeping and a bit sad. Another family member passed away on Friday (that's three in the last few weeks), which is hard to take when I am already emotional and teary with these baby hormones. Anyway, I went to the hairdresser on Saturday and got pampered so am feeling happier original.gif I'm going for my first visit with the midwife today. The plan is to see her up until the end and then my GP Obs (from baby 1) will see me and deliver original.gif The Ob is sooo busy so hopefully this will help me avoid long waits at the medical centre with an active 1 year old!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and have a good week xxx

#13 Miss Lily

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

J4CQUI - Thanks for the well wishes, you and the others who reply individually are amazing, I feel a bit rude not doing the same as I try and follow everyone's news and progress but this thread is moving so rapidly I can’t keep up.  Still, love hearing everyone's individual experiences... keep ‘em coming ladies.

As for me I am quite relieved to say that my 48 hour hCG test showed a nice doubling and since my bleeding has stopped I feel like all is well again.  The cramps are still there on and off but that seems to be pretty normal amongst everyone.  Still no nausea or other symptoms - just tiredness (need a nap at 3 pm, thank goodness I work from home!) and horrible bloating/gas. Delightful eh!  

Since I feel a bit more confident about things, I stared exercising today again.  Trying for cardio x 4 a week (low impact walking/bike/xtrainer for 45 mins-1 hr) and strength training x 2 a week.  I had stopped exercising the past 2-3 weeks and was feeling very yucky.  I've put on a couple of kilos too which is depressing but am convinced it’s all bloat because I haven’t changed what I've been eating at all.  

Next is my dating scan at the end of this week.  Are internal scans as yucky as they sound?!

Hope you all have a lovely week... original.gif

#14 geishagirl

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hi everyone

Back from my holidays and struggling to get through the day at work, as MS seems to have reared its ugly head now  sick.gif.

Doubt you are still reading eeyolet but so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that you have good, supportive people around to take good care of you.

Waaaayyyy too much has happened in the time that I've been away to be able to keep up with all the other personals, so I'll just say that I hope everyone is going well, not feeling too queasy/exhausted/sore etc. Big welcome to all the newbies too (particularly lovely to see Vanilla Cupcakes from TTC#1 here...so pleased that you got another BFP so soon and FX for a wonderful pregnancy).

AFM, I am 8 weeks tomorrow and symptoms really seem to be kicking in now. I feel queasy virtually all the time, although no actual vomiting as yet. I also have a sore lower back, am very tired and have this weird twitchy, electric feeling in my legs particularly, which is worse when I am sitting/lying down. Anyone else having restless limbs or similar?

Very excited to have my dating scan on Wed - FX for a lovely strong heartbeat (or 2 seeing as my HcG was over 45,000 at 6 weeks!). 1 will be more than enough for me though!  biggrin.gif

Edited by geishagirl, 20 February 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#15 loz6190

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Jemiesmum- I had an internal ultrasound last week and was no where near as bad as I thought. Its better than a pap smear, bit uncomfy going in then its fine when theyre looking around! I just wriggled my toes and remembered to breath!! Look forward to hearing how your scan goes- goodluck!
Hope you are all feeling well. I have had m/s since 4 weeks and it is only getting worse sad.gif
Owell makes me feel like everything is going ok!

Loving hearing how everyone else is going!

#16 Miss Lily

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (loz6190 @ 20/02/2012, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jemiesmum- I had an internal ultrasound last week and was no where near as bad as I thought. Its better than a pap smear, bit uncomfy going in then its fine when theyre looking around! I just wriggled my toes and remembered to breath!! Look forward to hearing how your scan goes- goodluck!
Hope you are all feeling well. I have had m/s since 4 weeks and it is only getting worse sad.gif
Owell makes me feel like everything is going ok!

Loving hearing how everyone else is going!

Good to know!  But a pap smear is over so quickly, how long did you internal US go on for?
Should I ask my hubby to come along with me? He's definitely coming for 10 week scan but not sure if I should get him to take the time off for this one...
You cant hear the heartbeat can you, it just shows on the screen right?
Must admit - still feeling a bit  unsure.gif about it!

#17 littleurchin

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Just thought i'd add Jemiesmum - i had an internal last time and they measured my DS at 6w5d - this time i didn't need an internal and they measured at 6w2d. I think it has a lot to do with the skill of the ultrasound person.
I didn't find the internal ultrasound that bad. It definately doesn't hurt! Just uncomfortable for a bit. But you forget all about it when they find the heart beat for you.

#18 jobstar

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hello lovely ladies... can I join in??? I just found out that I am pregnant and due the end of October. Have only had bloods done today so still early days for me. It is such a big surprise!!!!! I have 18 month old twin girls that were conceived through IVF and after years of trying. I always joked around saying that wouldn't it be nice if I am one of those people that you hear about that have a baby through IVF and then fall pregnant naturally but deep down I didn't think it would really happen after the rollercoaster we went on to get them. I am so excited and really can't believe it and guess I won't until I see the little bean on the screen. My OB will be away so I am in the hunt for a new one which is a bummer as I have a lot of medical baggage that I will need to go through with them.

#19 smudgiekiss

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hello everyone, I'm hoping I can join (and stay with) this special group as well.

My hubbie and I have been trying to conceive our third child for nearly 3 years now and well I'm finally pregnant.

I think I'm about 7 weeks.  My boobs are a little sore but nowhere near as sore as they we're during my other pregnancies.   I suffer from migraines though and I've been getting quite a few of those.  aarrhhh..I hate them.

It's great to read what others are going through.  I'm nervous that the sickness will begin any day now.  Maybe I'll be lucky and not get sick this time.  Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Miss Lily

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hey smudgiekiss & jobstar - Welcome and Congratulations!!!  :-)

littleurchin - interesting.  I might just read into this more, I just thought at this early point it had to be internal.  Sounds from what you guys are saying that its not as icky as it sounds.  Anything to see that heartbeat! Might start feeling more real then :-)

#21 JungleFlower2012

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hi everyone.

Your right! this tread does move quickly, so let me fill you in quickly.

WELCOME NEWBIES original.gif

What an eventfull few days i have had... Scan on friday shows bub measuring behind, but alive and hell with a good heartbeat of 130BPM (now due October 11)

Spotting yesterday whihc made me worry but could have also been from DTD earlier that day.

Started to get worried about my cramps today, in perfect timing for the docotr to call and say all my pathology results came back and i have a UTI and need antibiotics. So no more stress for me, it was all just a UTI and no more bleeding.

DTD is still banned now haha

Stevie.

#22 loz6190

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

A very big welcome to all the new girls...congratulations to you all!!

Jemiesmum- my internal u/s took about 15 mins, its really not bad so dont worry you will be fine!

#23 J4CQUI

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Vanilla Cupcakes ~ I hope you enjoyed your glass of non alcoholic wine  laughing2.gif ... that stuff is yummy!

JulesMc ~ Good to hear your nausea has kicked in.. if you know what I mean. Very reassuring. I hope you have more energy soon though!

YoBagaBaga ~ I'm glad to hear your back pain isn't bothering you as much this time.. I hear you on the nausea though.  sick.gif

kirsada ~ I'm so sorry about your family member  ddown.gif How terrible.
Sounds like going with midwife care during your pregnancy is a good way to go!

Jemiesmum ~ What a relief getting good results from your 48hr tests! Good on you with the exercising! I wish I had time for that!
Oh and they will only do an internal scan if they can't see anything with a normal one.

geishagirl~ Welcome back! Good Luck with your dating scan! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

loz6190 ~ Sorry to hear you've been struck by m/s too.

jobstar ~ Welcome and congratulations!! How fantastic to conceive naturally after everything you've been through!  

smudgiekiss ~ Welcome and congratulations to you too! I hear you on the migraines... I haven't had any this time but I tend to get them a bit during pregnancy and I also have Severe Chronic Sinusitis so I have had a headache every day since April 27th last year. Some days worst than others... it's awful and so draining!

Stevie ~ So glad everything is back on track for you now!

AFM ~ Today has been my worst day so far. I think having such a big weekend has caught up on me! I am exhausted and have done nothing all day. I was in bed by 6:30 last night watching a movie and I didn't get out of bed until 7:20am this morning... but I'm still so tired! And the nausea is worst today too! Bring on bedtime!

#24 Vanilla-Cupcakes

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

3+ on a digital this afternoon at 4+6 weeks, not even with FMU!

(I will stop testing now wink.gif )

#25 DarkestNight

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hi everyone! I'm jumping over from the September DIG. I had my first scan on Saturday which showed I'm 7 weeks 4 days, not 8 weeks 3 days (but I kinda knew I was behind the calculated date because of ovulation).
Everything looks good and I got to see the tiny heart beating - 152bpm!

Vanilla_Cupcakes I have peed on five sticks so far too, three FR and two digital to show that I was 2-3 weeks and then 3+ weeks. I even sent the pics ot my Mum. She's like "I'm looking at a picture of pee sticks!"

ETA: I'm due on the 4th October, not 28th September as originally thought. I've gotta update my sig!

Edited by irisis, 20 February 2012 - 05:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Dying mum saves baby with last breath

Dying from a gunshot wound, Jessica Arrendale used the last of her energy to hide her baby from her killer.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.