TTC #1 after Miscarriage #27
All welcome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#101 Blue cup

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi ladies,

I havent checked in for a few days. Hope everyone's going ok. Ausbokkie, Im so sorry.

kmaharaj - I understand how you feel. Im almost 33 and also scared that  my time is running out. Last time we just aimed for the middle of my  cycle. This time we're charting, using OPKs,  preseed, EPO...

Wildence - hope those cramps are a good sign

Jaynen - its nearly your bro in laws wedding. How exciting! What have  you been helping them with. I think everyone always finds there's so  much to do in those last few days isnt there. You're up for a BD weekend too, right?

kiwi-girl - welcome back! 38 days is very long. Really glad you're feeling good and fresh. Hope this is your lucky cycle.

AFM - Not much news. Have been busy BDing. Had a big temperature drop yesterday morning and then I got a + OPK tonight. DH picked me up from work for sneaky lunchtime BD today. Fun. Sorry if thats TMI. DH is out of town tomorrow night though so hopefully today and Friday will be enough.

#102 -Pz-

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hi everyone - it's been a while since I've been here, but wanted to pop in to say we got the genetic testing back from our mc in January. Bub had Turners Syndrome, so that, in combination with my newly diagnosed Hughes syndrome, was the reason for the mc. Luckily, Turners is a fluke thing, so we shouldn't have to worry about that next time around....
Congrats to all those who have got their BFPs!

#103 Des_Hen

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi Everyone.

Sorry i have not checked in for awhile. Just been so emotionally up & down with the whole TTC process!

congrats to little lion! such good news :-)

sorry to see all you girls here.

hugs to you ausbokkie.

after ANOTHER bfn in february - which i was so hopeful about. we BD every 2nd day, exercising, etc etc, - booooo - i'm due for testing this week. Thursday.

not hopeful. i know it's weird, but every month before period arrives, i get watery eyes and dull aches in my legs or arms - and had these last night.

i can't even remember what i felt like anymore when we were pregnant. just that i was happy!

went to a friend from works baby shower yesterday - ouch!

well thats my vent - thanks for reading :-)

stalk you later

xxx

#104 Olivebaby

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hi everyone

It has taken me a long time to be brave enough to come on a forum, I guess I felt that by coming on I am admitting that things are not working out.

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks in November and have been ttc since then with no luck. Like Pz I was told my baby had Turners syndrome. I had to have a D&C as although the heart had stopped my body still 'was acting pregnant'. It was only found in a routine dating scan. It took a while for a regular AF to come on after.

What is hard now is that I feel like I dont know my body. I had cycles of 30/31 days my whole life. Since the m/c, it has been about 24/25. I also have spotting for 5 or 6 days before AF each month which means I am basically bleeding for 11 days out of 25, so weird. I asked my OB if it sounded ok and he said that this could just be my body settling down after the m/c but it s hard to feel very confident things are ok.

I really sympathise with you all and especially understand how hard to it to feel surrounded by babies.

Using my new odd cycle as a guide I have about 10 days til AF would arrive so in theory I am about 3 days past ovulation. However, my temp has not increased yet and according to the worst ovlation tests ever I am now on my seventh day straight of ovulating, so frustrating. I guess its just wait and see.

Good luck to you all

#105 rubylou77

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hello everyone,

It feels like it has been so long since I have posted... Work and life are hectic!

Olivebaby - Welcome to the group and while I am sorry that you find yourself here with us, I am glad you took the step.  The people here are so understanding and supportive and I hope you find some comfort in them.

Des_Hen - Emotionally up and down - I can understand where you are coming from!  Try to say positive, even on the hard days.... I keep reassuring myself that if this is what I really want in life, to become a mum, then I have to follow through with this journey, no matter what it brings. Baby vibes for testing on Thursday x

Blue Cup - when are you testing?  Will send you some baby vibes too!

AFM - AF arrived on Saturday, just under 4 weeks after my D&C. Was surprised because I thought it would take a while to return.  While I am in a way pleased, I am also disappointed because if I ovulate at the 'normal' time in my cycle it will be 4 days before DP comes home from work for his next break.... Looks like no BDing this month for me :-(  I think the reality of TTC while he is working away has set in!

Stay positive everyone x

Edited by rubylou77, 20 March 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#106 ausbokkie

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hello all,

Well, it's been a hard week. I have had another confirmed m/c. It looks like it barely took long enough to give me the positive test then hcg started declining. DH and I have cried, I have cried some more and I am absolutely exhausted. After being told they don't test until you have 3 m/c we are going to test privately but most importantly, and upon my gyn's advice, we are going to take a break from TTC. I am going to go and get healthy both mentally and emotionally. It will be very strange not to be TTC but a relief too I'm beginning to think.

Thank you all for your wonderful support over this roller coaster journey. I wish you all the very best of luck in your TTC journey and hope that when I pop back in the future you all have your BFPs.

xx

#107 Olivebaby

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

rubylou - thank you for your generous welcome. My cycle is different after my m/c, about 6 days shorter so dont write off your chances yet. I called my OB to ask if such a drastic change is an issue and he said it is very common.

Ausbokkie - I hope the tests can give you some answers and peace of mind

Can I ask you all how much luck you have had with OPKs? I seem to get a positive result nearly every time I try which is clearly wrong, any recommended brands?

#108 Jaynen81

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hi Ladies!

its been a while since I have posted as well.. been so hectic lately with family and work.

Welcome olivebaby im sorry for your loss. I hope you find this forum help like I have. I had a D&C in October last year and it took me 3months for my cycle to return to normal. your body will work itself out original.gif

Ausbokkie - my heart goes out to you. I hope you are ok and get the rest and time that you need. I will miss reading your posts  bbighug.gif

rubylou - is there any way your DH can come home early to BD?

Des_hen - hugs to you and I hear you with the emotional ups and downs.. its so frustrating isnt it. I cant remember what I was like when I was pregnant or even how I was in the lead up to my BFP the first time. I just try and take it as it comes but also easier said then done..

blue cup - how are you?? I had my bro in laws wedding on the 11th march was such a beautiful day and fun.. had a few wines and a cheeky vodka  tongue.gif

so sorry if I have forgotten anyone... hope you are all doing well.

AFM - well im due to test tomorrow which is also when AF is due to show up.. so far only being feeling bloated.. will let you know how I go ...fx

Edited by Jaynen81, 20 March 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#109 rubylou77

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

ausbokkie - take care of yourself and I hope this next part of your journey brings you peace of mind. Many hugs to you  bbighug.gif

Olivebaby - I use ovulation tests that I got from ebay.  In the cycle we conceived they were spot on with detecting the surge.  I test twice a day between 11am and 3pm from day 8 or 9 onwards.  What brand are you using and what time of day are you testing?

Jaynen - Oh how I wish I could get him home early!! Unfortunately the leave is set in place and can't be changed.  It is so frustrating.  All I can hope is that maybe I will ovulate late.  If we miss this cycle then we will have to wait the next one out too, and then hope he gets home for the cycle after that!  Will cross my fingers for you for tomorrow x

#110 Jaynen81

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

rubylou - sorry it must be so frustrating especially if you have to wait the next cycle out as well sad.gif

I must admit its gonna be hard to sleep tonight just hoping the witch doesnt make an appearance...

#111 rubylou77

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well I hope the night is not too restless for you.... You must be feeling both apprehensive and excited.  I can't wait to be back at a stage again when I am waiting to test....  I have everything crossed for you that that witch stays well away  wink.gif

#112 Jaynen81

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

thank you rubylou original.gif Im having a mixture of feelings and just hoping it all works out..either way its mean to be I guess..

#113 Blue cup

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi ladies,

Its been quiet on here lately, looks like everyones been really busy! Nice to see you all again.

Olivebaby - Im sorry you've found yourself here. Its a bit of a  rollercoaster ride, but this group is really supportive. And since we  have to be on this rollercoaster, its a little nicer doing it with  friends. I also had d&c in November and my cycles have been quite  varied and completely different to pre-pg. At least, since Ive started FF I feel  like I understand it a little better. Your cycle sounds a bit  frustrating spotting / bleeding all that time. I bought OPKs online from  Oraclefertility and find them quite good. They're pretty cheap, free  delivery and most importantly i havent had any problems with them.

Pz - it must feel good to have some answers and know what you're dealing with.

Des_Hen, good to hear from you again. Good luck testing tomorrow

Rubylou - There's probably a pretty good chance you wont have your  normal cycle. I have my fingers crossed for you that you O late. Gosh, I  can only imagine how frustrating that must be that its so hard to be in  the same place with your DP when you really need him. Last week my DH  was interstate for only 1 night / 2 days at the wrong time and it was  really annoying. We snuck home from work for lunchtime BD before he went  away ; ) Wish you could do that too. Any chance you could go and see him?

ausbokkie - im really sorry to hear that, we'll miss you here. Hope you start feeling better really soon

Hi Jaynen - glad to hear you had a good time at your bro in laws  wedding. Hope it was a lucky night for you too. FX for tomorrow!

AFM - I had such a grumpy weekend. No reason in particular, I was just super sensitive and took everything to heart. Luckly DH was very nice and understanding. And I went to the movies with a couple of girlfriends last night and saw My week with Marilyn, it was really good. Has anyone else seen it?
Im planning to test on Saturday - that will be 10DPO. The tests say they should work from 7 DPO, so hopefully... Do you guys think thats too soon?

#114 Jaynen81

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hey ladies I'm out this month and like clockwork the witch showed up this morning.. Very frustrated and a bit over it  cry1.gif

#115 Olivebaby

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

Jaynen - sorry to hear that, so frustrating to deal with

Rubylou - I was using frelife so bought another brand, ovuplan this morning nthe way to work. Apparently it reckons I am ovulating again today which would be completely out of whack with my cycle for the last 2 months (if its even a real cycle anyway). I guess i'll go with that information and try today. Lets hope tomorrow doesnt have yet another positive.

Bluecup - fingers crossed for Saturday. If you can hold off til then I think that helps as it avoids the disappointment of false negatives. Thanks for the tip on OPKs - will give those a go next month

#116 Des_Hen

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi Girls

Jaynen81 - sorry, i wish the clock was wrong for you..... try not to stay frustrated for too long

Blue cup - i think we all have super sensitive days sometimes original.gif Glad DH was supportive for you. I haven't seen my week with marilyn, yet. have heard it is good though. i've recently seen SafeHouse & The Vow - both great! in regards to testing, it only bites me in the butt if i test before period is due.... but, do what you feel! FX'd for you!!!

rubylou77 - i hope you're clock is a little off too & the egg is a few days late! is he fly in fly out?

Ausbokkie - so sorry hun. We were tested after our m/c and it was our first. I think for your own mental health you should test. I hope your break gives you some peace. We are here if you need to vent xox

Olivebaby - sorry, i'm no expert in cycles, however after our d&c in december, mine have been 26, 28 and now??? today is day 28 with no period yet, but who knows.
Hopefully the OPK's work for you

AFM - well..... stuck playing the waiting game.......i HATE the waiting game. based on last month my period is due today, or tomorrow if back to a "normal" cycle.......
Not feeling overly confident.... don't have any EPS/IPS. had a headache for the past 2 days, and a bit tired, but that's just work & uni........
pretty cruisy at work today. i wish it was friday already......

#117 rubylou77

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hello Ladies,

Jaynen - I am so sorry for you that the witch showed up  sad.gif  give yourself some time to be frustrated and over it.... I think that is a perfectly legitimate way to feel!!  Hopefully soon you will be ready to look towards the next cycle.... big hugs for you  bbighug.gif

Blue cup - Thanks for your kind words.  It is very frustrating... He is 2 plane rides and a 3 hour drive away so don't think going there is an option.  I just have to stay focussed on getting him home at the right time soon hopefully.  Testing Saturday - woo hoo!  I don't think it is too early, but then again I am hopeless at waiting so I POAS at the first chance I get!  Good luck  hands.gif

Olivebaby - Good luck with the OPK's.  I think trying a different brand is a good idea for sure, and maybe the time you test too, or like I mentioned earlier - test twice a day!

Des Hen - The waiting game is sucky, isn't it.... and this whole thing is just one BIG waiting game, waiting to ovulate, waiting to test, waiting for AF, waiting, waiting, waiting... So when are you testing?  FX for you!  Yep, my DP is fly in fly out, on a four weeks away and one week home roster, although by the time he gets home just before easter he would have been gone for just over four and a half weeks.  I am hoping my egg is late.... but with ovulation predicted for the saturday and his arrival on the wednesday, I really don't like my chances.  Will wait and see I guess.

AFM - I had a bit of a meltdown last night.  All a bit emotional with AF coming this past weekend and then seeing my predicted ovulation date for this cycle and then really starting to wonder how long this whole thing is going to take now DP is back on the work roster.  I feel like timing and age is against me and it freaks me out a little!!  Just have to try and stay focussed and positive original.gif

#118 Mytinybean

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (ausbokkie @ 20/03/2012, 05:47 PM)
14416586[/url]']
Hello all,

Well, it's been a hard week. I have had another confirmed m/c. It looks like it barely took long enough to give me the positive test then hcg started declining. DH and I have cried, I have cried some more and I am absolutely exhausted. After being told they don't test until you have 3 m/c we are going to test privately but most importantly, and upon my gyn's advice, we are going to take a break from TTC. I am going to go and get healthy both mentally and emotionally. It will be very strange not to be TTC but a relief too I'm beginning to think.

Thank you all for your wonderful support over this roller coaster journey. I wish you all the very best of luck in your TTC journey and hope that when I pop back in the future you all have your BFPs.

xx

I'm sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to you!

#119 Blue cup

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hi ladies,
DH and I are taking Friday off work and heading down to the coast for the weekend. Cant wait! Its going to be really nice to just relax. No work, no housework, no homework! Poor DH has a bad cold - hopefully the rest will do him good.

Jaynen, Im sorry to hear that witch found you again. aannoyed.gif

Olivebaby, I hope the new OPKs work better for you.

Des_Hen - Didnt you test today? How did you go? You reminded me, I want to see The Vow too, it looks really good. There's quite a few movies i want to see at the moment.

rubylou - wow, that is a long way! Im sorry. Gosh thats really  stressful. I think you must be really strong. You have a lot to deal  with on your own and i admire your bravery. Even so, you're allowed to  have meltdowns sometimes (I hear the clock too!). As you say, try to keep  positive and know that you can share your bad days with us.

AFM - last month i was planning to hold out on testing until the day  before i thought AF was due, but then AF came early, just like O did.  This month O came early like last month and AF could be due on Tuesday I  think. But Tuesday is our wedding anniversary and I dont want to risk  spending the day disappointed. At least this way if im disappointed DH  will be with me all weekend and help distract me. I sort of feel like testing 10DPO is cheating though, a bit like sneaking a peak at your Christmas presents.

#120 Des_Hen

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

B...

F...

#121 Des_Hen

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

P!
P!
P!

#122 Des_Hen

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

I can't believe it.

Based on my last two cycles my period was due either Wednesday or Thursday. I kept going to the toilet yesterday like a crazy person, checking for that dreaded red...

Really thought my period was coming last night as I just felt so grumpy and "off".

Was really nervous with my FMU this morning! I did a little spot of wee & saw nothing so ripped the FRER so fast out of the pack, & did the test. I left it upside down on the counter & set the stopwatch for 3:00mins. With only 30secs left I couldn't take it anymore. 2 lines!!

Hubby was in our other bathroom, so when he came out I said "I know why I've been so tired all this week!" & showed him! Instant smile with the words "I knew it".

Waiting waiting for my OB office to open at 9:30am so I can make an appointment ASAP.

I'm so happy and nervous. I told myself I wouldn't plan this one out, just take it day by day... But...

I think I'll lurk here until I get a blood test.

Love you girls. Thanks so much for your support.

Xxx

#123 Jaynen81

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Des hen woohoo!! That is fantastic news!! Congrats!! So happy for you!! So exciting hun!!

AFM- waiting for the witch to end and BD time will be on my birthday so fx.. I had my whinge and cry for the past two days so getting back into the bd mood.. Thanks ladies for listening to my rant  wink.gif

Hope everyone else is doing well I'll do personals soon.

Edited by Jaynen81, 23 March 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#124 porkchop's mama

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Ermmmmm

HELLO AGAIN LADIES

Sorry for the block caps there....

I will have to go back and read up on all the grads - congrats all!!

I've been off the forums whilst I sat out the cycles after that 3rd loss finally decided to end.

Been to London, been to work, been all over the place.... lots of last hurrahs and building of emotional strength really.

Anyway, today's the day.  AF number 2 since mu hcg went to 1.  Just had my bloods for IVF and I really hope we can start this cycle.

Lots of love

PCM xxxx

#125 rubylou77

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Oh my goodness Des Hen!!! I am so excited for you.... congratulations  ddance.gif  Best news I heard all day!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Pete Evans says a paleo diet can prevent autism. He's wrong

Pete Evans is not a paediatrician or even a nutritionist or dietitian. So why should we believe his extreme views and remove food groups from our children's diets over the advice from those more qualified?

Let's get back to commonsense parenting

Forget the new 'Lawnmower' parenting trend; try using plain old-fashioned commonsense instead.

Woman sues after having a mixed-race baby

A US woman is suing a sperm bank after it sent her vials from African-American man, instead of the white donor she had selected.

Bonding ideas dad will love

Dad may not say it, but he could be feeling lost, confused and seriously left out. However, there are lots of things new fathers can do to be more included in the excitement of pregnancy and new parenthood.

The house that hope built for childhood cancer

Baby Laelani Baker was diagnosed with cancer before she was even born. Her heartbreaking story is just one of the reasons the Build for a Cure project is raising money for vital research into childhood cancer.

Does stay-at-home parenting get better?

Parenting doesn’t ever get easier; the challenges just change. But the challenges of caring for young children definitely lessens as they get older.

Inquest into the short and tragic life of Chloe Valentine

As the first phase of an inquest into the death of Chloe Valentine drew to a close, there was no doubt Chloe's life was marred by appalling neglect.

When mothers kill

The act of killing one's child is unthinkable for most, and a mother who kills her offspring has a special power to inspire shock and revulsion.

6 beauty tips for tired mums

For those of us with young children, eight hours sleep is a distant memory. And while we can’t do much to secure more shut-eye, there are some ways to fake it.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

A year without Vicki

Vicki had a three-month-old son when she first felt something wasn't right. She was gone within a year.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.