Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Katie and Bump

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

babyinabackpack - thank you! this group is so welcoming, I'm very happy to be involved! biggrin.gif

johannasweet - that's relieving to hear, hopefully I'm the same. My pains used to be so bad when I was a teenager that I'd have to get a shot of Pethidine from the doctor

KateyDee - wow your first month, that's great! I've been on the pill for 8 years but went off September last year & onto Implanon.  Could only stay on that for one month though, it made me very depressed.  So back onto Yaz now and waiting impatiently for the pack to finish!

~A2~ - thanks for this, I sent off an email to Therese original.gif

On a general note, I'm currently working my way through 'what to expect before you're expecting' and realise my diet definitely needs overhauling.  I'm not getting enough calcium or fibre and need to cut out the Maccas.  Is anyone else changing their diet, or have already? (sorry for the ignorance, I'm new to all this!)

#3 Iliketoflounce

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

katie and future bump you got GOLD ok
I have started eating differently instead of 2 meals a day i know eat 3 i also have a cheeseburger addiction which im cutting out slowly

Silver yay
today is DH 29 Birthday

Edited by NadiaSurridge1991, 17 February 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#4 Katie and Bump

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (NadiaSurridge1991 @ 17/02/2012, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
katie and future bump you got GOLD ok
I have started eating differently instead of 2 meals a day i know eat 3 i also have a cheeseburger addiction which im cutting out slowly

Silver yay
today is DH 29 Birthday

Gold? Huh? Hehe

Mmm cheeseburgers...I'm with you there.  Happy birthday to him!

#5 babyinabackpack

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Bronze!! And I ovulated! a great way to start the day!

#6 Three Of Hearts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (babyinabackpack @ 17/02/2012, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
allie - if you wanted to add your chart onto your signature i'd be happy to stalk it for you! I LOVE charts!! lol

Thanks heaps BIABP original.gif  As it is I haven't been able to start temping yet because the bloody things hasn't turned up! LOL!!!  I bought it a week ago and have checked the post every day, but nothing yet!  Oh well, by Monday I will only be CD12 so hopefully all is not lost!

QUOTE (babyinabackpack @ 17/02/2012, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But on a positive note, I have had ALOT of CM the last 3 or 4 days which is absolutely weird for me! I NEVER get CM so hoping this is yet another aspect of my cycle that has been repaired and that I O soon and can actually catch it this time!! lol

Last time I came off the BCP I got no CM for the first 5 months, and then month 6 (last time before going back on BCP) I got heaps!

QUOTE (Katie and Bump @ 17/02/2012, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On a general note, I'm currently working my way through 'what to expect before you're expecting' and realise my diet definitely needs overhauling.  I'm not getting enough calcium or fibre and need to cut out the Maccas.  Is anyone else changing their diet, or have already? (sorry for the ignorance, I'm new to all this!)

I haven't changed my diet as such (probably should LOL) but I must admit to eating a bit more dairy.  Gender swaying says more dairy could lead to a girl... and i'd love a girl!  Hehehe!!

#7 Iliketoflounce

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (Katie and Future Bump @ 17/02/2012, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gold? Huh? Hehe

Mmm cheeseburgers...I'm with you there.  Happy birthday to him!

Yes gold u were the first to post in the new thread

#8 Doll13

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Eating dairy could lead to a girl??? Hmmm..does the toasted cheese sandwhich I just had count?? original.gif

#9 katie11

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Welcome to our TTC#1 buddy group!
We are a group of friendly ladies who are trying to conceive our first babies.
We are here to give each other support,
a shoulder to cry on, an ear when we feel like a rant and lots of hugs!

If you are also on the same journey as us,
please feel free to join our group,
just jump in and introduce yourself.

Please PM me as to where you are in your cycle and I will add you to the list
(you don't have to be on the list though!).
We look forward to chatting with you!

Newbies
waves.gif
Spark88
Bells1184
Huxley123
Hope2012
MaybeBaby83

AF rant.gif
johannasweet
morning rose
Chief Pancake Maker
kmg82
Sunshiney

Waiting to O yyawn.gif
Fingers Crossed
KateyDee
Meg88
LouiseS8
Allie_D
njs4dks
may b
mumma freedles
kentieness
Paradise T

2WW
(testing date in brackets)
wwhistle.gif
Hoovooloo
Heylee
ChilliDog
katie11
AnnaBee87
doll13
babyinabackpack
Julesy Jules
Cotchi
LouiseS8
Thalandria
Thylacine
babydreaming
NicoleTTC1
amyc1981
cat-ttc

Limbo Land unsure.gif

Ninja99
Kateep1

IVF Land cclap.gif
Alana Banana

Taking
time out ninja.gif
seaside_shells
Sunshiney
MagsJee
pennyforurthoughts

Last BFP.gif
(5 Most Recent) ddance.gif
expatchick
Vanilla-Cupacakes
superfruity
Cams
Poppy M
For those who have just
got their BFP.gif , the follow on thread is TTC#1 Grads Buddy Group. As TTC BG
area guidelines state that once a BFP is received/confirmed you need to stop
posting in this thread.

Edited by katie11, 24 February 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#10 Three Of Hearts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Doll13 @ 17/02/2012, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eating dairy could lead to a girl??? Hmmm..does the toasted cheese sandwhich I just had count?? original.gif

Haha yep sure does!  And i'm sitting here with a Choc Berry Big M!!  My only problem though is that you need a high calcium, low sodium diet if you're swaying for a girl, but I love calcium and sodium!!!

#11 babyinabackpack

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Okay back just quickly before I turn the internet off and start work.

Firstly welcome doll13 -I hope your stay here is short!

katie - I'm pretty sure I O'ed yesterday so can u move me to TWW pls? Thanks hun!

Katieandfuturebump - I see you got your name changed! Yay! Yes it is an awesome bunch of ladies on here! I'll be sad to leave if/when I get that BFP!

allieD - I hope your BBT turns up soon! I just LOVE charting and don't really find it stressful at all. It's more of clear way of looking at my body. And I love looking at other people's charts too! Are you on Fertility Friend yet? I wasn't for the first couple of months and just used a phone app, but unfortunately phone apps don't interpret your temperatures, so I joined FF and sooooo wish I had have joined earlier! It looks overwhelming but there are tutorials you can do if you want, or it can just be as simple as adding in your temp each morning and it does everything else! You can check my chart out from my sig if you are interested.

nadia - Happy Bday to your DH! How are you planning to spoil him?

Well after my post yesterday, it seems I have O'ed afterall! Had a lovely temp rise this morning so it seems I o'ed yesterday and those cramps have also disappeared so maybe they were O afterall! I just can't get over how much CM I had this cycle!! Wow..It's probably only a small amount too, but seems ridiculous to someone who's never had it before!! I'm pretty sure it was watery but I could be wrong..

Anyway ladies, it's time to hit my books! I have 3 weeks worth of classes to plan and prepare for the sub teacher for when I am away! Oh yay! I love planning!! NOT!!
This time next week we will be in Melbourne playing with 3 little people!!! YAY! Can't wait!

#12 Doll13

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Yum! I havent tried the choc berry before, sounds good!
Oh well, it doesnt make a difference for me now anyway as I am 10DPO..fingers crossed original.gif

#13 Iliketoflounce

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (babyinabackpack @ 17/02/2012, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nadia - Happy Bday to your DH! How are you planning to spoil him?

Well he is getting spoiled well he has asked for something for the bedroom (it is sexual) wwhistle.gif  and it is not BDing that will be later b4 the guests arrive lol. Oh and I keep thinking that we are both going to get our BFP's yhis month i have no idea why lol

#14 Katie and Bump

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

babyinabackpack - got it changed straight away thanks to Therese!  Oh wow that's exciting!! Fingers crossed original.gif  Good luck with all the work

Allie_D - Rushing to the fridge for a yoghurt!! I hate sodium too, which is good hehe. I'm girl-focused as well.  Do you have any good articles/books on gender swaying that you could recommend?

#15 Julesy Jules

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Chilldog  that’s great news about your wedding. I had got married on Jan 7th this year and had it at my mum’s place in the mountains and it was beautiful. Still had about 120 guests but it was cocktail and everyone danced all night long!!! It was the best day and night of my life. You’re gonna love it! That reminds me, I need to pick my wedding photos for my album, 75 photos from over 1000...good luck!!!

So after 3 morning’s of waking up queasy and 3 days of cramping, on Wednesday did a test and BFN...so I told myself that I wouldn’t test again until Feb 24th which is 5 days before AF is due. The test says that it will detect from 5 days prior to AF. I wonder though whether a longer period means that you can test earlier or that you ovulate later?? Who knows, If I’m not pregnant this month I’ll start taking my temps, and do maybe baby cos so far its just not showing me anything, but I did start it after what I thought was my O.

So Last night, felt fine all day, but my cramps got more painful, I had to lay down all night, I was on the couch from 5pm until I went to bed at 10pm. But way too early for AF...its gotta be!

OK, ladies you have convinced me...I will take another test tonight..I won’t be upset if BFN cos I still think it’s too early but the suspense is kinda fun.

#16 *Katey*

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Julesy Jules @ 17/02/2012, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chilldog  that’s great news about your wedding. I had got married on Jan 7th this year and had it at my mum’s place in the mountains and it was beautiful. Still had about 120 guests but it was cocktail and everyone danced all night long!!! It was the best day and night of my life. You’re gonna love it! That reminds me, I need to pick my wedding photos for my album, 75 photos from over 1000...good luck!!!

[font="Calibri"][size=3]So after 3 morning’s of waking up queasy and 3 days of cramping, on Wednesday did a test and BFN...so I told myself that I wouldn’t test again until Feb 24th which is 5 days before AF is due. The test says that it will detect from 5 days prior to AF. I wonder though whether a longer period means that you can test earlier or that you ovulate later??

I know pregnancy tests go by a normal 28 day cycles. So when they say you can test however many days before an expected period, that's based on a 28 day cycle with ovulation in the middle of the cycle.

So I guess you'd have to work it out based on your own cycle length and ovulation time.

For instance, I ovulate late in my cycle, so I have to wait a bit longer to test.

Edited by KateyDee, 17 February 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#17 Three Of Hearts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Katie and Future Bump @ 17/02/2012, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Allie_D - Rushing to the fridge for a yoghurt!! I hate sodium too, which is good hehe. I'm girl-focused as well.  Do you have any good articles/books on gender swaying that you could recommend?

I just googled gender swaying for a girl and read some of the info/articles that came up in the search.  There is also a gender swaying buddy group on here, and I'm sure those ladies would be of great help original.gif

I'm not actively trying to sway for a girl as although I desperately want a girl, DH wants a boy!! Doesn't seem quite fair when we both want the opposite.  As I love dairy and normally restrict how much I have (as lots of full fat dairy isn't the greatest for the figure) I've just been allowing myself to have more than I usually would.  I love milk/milkshakes so i've been having quite a few of them lately!  Knowing my luck i'll end up 10kg heavier and PG with a boy!  roll2.gif  

And yes, I will be grateful just to have a healthy baby, it doesn't really matter what it is.  Gee i'd love a girl though  grin.gif

#18 Thylacine

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hi ladies original.gif Hope you are all well.

N@K - So sorry to hear of your miscarriage bbighug.gif I hope you and your DH are doing OK and you get a nice, sticky pregnancy soon.

Seaside - Hope I'm not too late to wish you a wonderful trip to Nepal. I hope you have a truly amazing time!

expatchick - If you are still lurking, I don't think I have congratulated you on your BFP! Best of luck to you and your DH, I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy

Hello to all the newcomers! I hope your stay is short and sweet original.gif

BIABP - I hope you caught that egg, I have everything crossed for you. Hope the bookwork isn't too painful.

AFM - well, expecting to O any day now, but DP has man-flu so not sure if we'll get to BD in the right time at all rant.gif Why now? He could be sick any old time!

#19 johannasweet

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

babyinabackpack - you're chart is looking stella, surely looks like some lovely CM and now a rise - hope you guys caught that egg! Yay for O! Maybe Dr Sun has pulled out the big guns this cycle! Yaysers! Just think of Melbourne while you're hitting those books!

emso, hope you're coping on your ivf journey. thanks for popping in!

fingers x'd, sorry about AF, hope she's not being extra mean after her long absence. look after yourself!

welcome doll13 - they all sound very positive symptoms to me, but i know what you mean, its so hard to know if you're reading too much into stuff in the 2ww.

katie & future, glad to see you had success with admin to change your name original.gif. i've read "bump & grind" which had some tips on diet, recommended porridge for breakfast, which i did in winter, but finding it hard to get excited about in summer. And my witchdoctor (acupuncturist) has given me some info for me re diet, so i've started including dahl as one of my regular meals, I've changed a little but nothing too major, i think i eat pretty well most of the time.

hey allie, waiting for your BBT in the mail is a bummer hey?? I'm still waiting, but mine is coming out of honkers, so think it might be another week.

katie, thanks heaps for the list.

nadia, now you've got me intrigued about your dh's birthday present hehe!

hey julesy jules, hope you get a bfp!

oh thylacine, sorry about the badly timed case of man flu. he's not still up for the challenge is he? gah!

afm. cd23, no sign of af. trying not to get my hopes up, she will prob arrive tomorrow. but think i'm going to waste another hpt tomorrow morning if i remember with my first pee of the day. still no sign of my bbt (new one or old one). have a friend visiting tomorrow, so i better get tidying!

ETA - eep, spoke too soon, just noticed some pink tinged cm. looks like af is on her way sad.gif

Edited by johannasweet, 17 February 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#20 *Katey*

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

I have a question relating to pains...

When I was pregnant in Nov/Dec, I noticed I started getting really sharp, really sudden stabbing pains in my rectal/uterus area. I could never pinpoint which area it was in, but it felt like my whole bowel and uterus area.

The pains were quite bad, and it literally feels like someone shoved a knife up my pooper and was stabbing my bowels over and over again. Although sometimes it feels like cervix and uterus as well. They were so painful I would actually jump and whimper when they happened. Sometimes it's hurts my bottom so much, that if I sit, I jump straight back up in shock, because it feels like I sat on a knife. Sometimes I have to actually stop what I'm doing and i find myself bent over in pain, holding my vaginal/anus area. It's also quite embarrassing if I'm around other people, because they're so bad, I can't sit still, if one comes on, I jump up and make a little 'ow' noise. I can't help it  sad.gif

It's nothing like period pain/cramps and nothing like ovulation pain. This is more in the 'behind' area I think, and isn't cramps, it's more of a very harsh stab.

One night they got so bad that I was curled up on the ground, crying, and the stabbing was coming on like contractions.

I spoke to my obgyn about it when I was about 6 weeks pregnant, and she said it was due to my expanding uterus causing other organs to move and 'spasm'. I did a fair bit of research, and this seemed to be a common complaint amongst pregnant women, and a lot of ladies I spoke to, sympathised because they experienced it during pregnancy.

Then, once I had my surgery for ectopic pregnancy at 7 weeks, my obgyn said the pain was due to my fallopian tube starting to rupture and bleed out into my other organs.

That was that, and we thought it was over.

Although now in January and February, they've started coming back. And they're coming back with force. And I'm not pregnant. Even if I am pregnant, the pains came back before I could have possibly been pregnant.

Does anyone know what this could be? I can't find a pattern. They've happened before a period, after a period, before ovulation, during ovulation, after ovulation. It doesn't seem to matter. It's like 4 or 5 really sharp stabs, every hour or so. I'll get them for a couple days, and then they'll disappear for a couple days.

I literally have NO idea what it is, and my obgyn doesn't seem to know either.

Edited by KateyDee, 17 February 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#21 Mouise

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hi Girls!

Hope everyone is well!

Katie and Future Bump: Initially I didn't change my diet at all but as of last month I have decided to cut back on coffee...not sure if it will help be is worth the sacrifice!

Julesy Jules: Fingers crossed for a BfP for you!!!

johannasweet: I hope that wasn't AF arriving  sad.gif My fingers are still crossed that she stays away.

As for me, I am on day 8 and thinking I might not bother with an ovulation kit this month. I have a pretty good idea when the big day is..so maybe it would be better not to stress every day about whether the test will go positive? Just get poor DH BD'ing every other day and cross our fingers!!!

Wishing everyone the best! Off for some yoghurt now!

#22 Julesy Jules

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (KateyDee @ 17/02/2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question relating to pains...

When I was pregnant in Nov/Dec, I noticed I started getting really sharp, really sudden stabbing pains in my rectal/uterus area. I could never pinpoint which area it was in, but it felt like my whole bowel and uterus area.

The pains were quite bad, and it literally feels like someone shoved a knife up my pooper and was stabbing my bowels over and over again. Although sometimes it feels like cervix and uterus as well. They were so painful I would actually jump and whimper when they happened. Sometimes it's hurts my bottom so much, that if I sit, I jump straight back up in shock, because it feels like I sat on a knife. Sometimes I have to actually stop what I'm doing and i find myself bent over in pain, holding my vaginal/anus area. It's also quite embarrassing if I'm around other people, because they're so bad, I can't sit still, if one comes on, I jump up and make a little 'ow' noise. I can't help it  sad.gif

It's nothing like period pain/cramps and nothing like ovulation pain. This is more in the 'behind' area I think, and isn't cramps, it's more of a very harsh stab.

One night they got so bad that I was curled up on the ground, crying, and the stabbing was coming on like contractions.

I spoke to my obgyn about it when I was about 6 weeks pregnant, and she said it was due to my expanding uterus causing other organs to move and 'spasm'. I did a fair bit of research, and this seemed to be a common complaint amongst pregnant women, and a lot of ladies I spoke to, sympathised because they experienced it during pregnancy.

Then, once I had my surgery for ectopic pregnancy at 7 weeks, my obgyn said the pain was due to my fallopian tube starting to rupture and bleed out into my other organs.

That was that, and we thought it was over.

Although now in January and February, they've started coming back. And they're coming back with force. And I'm not pregnant. Even if I am pregnant, the pains came back before I could have possibly been pregnant.

Does anyone know what this could be? I can't find a pattern. They've happened before a period, after a period, before ovulation, during ovulation, after ovulation. It doesn't seem to matter. It's like 4 or 5 really sharp stabs, every hour or so. I'll get them for a couple days, and then they'll disappear for a couple days.

I literally have NO idea what it is, and my obgyn doesn't seem to know either.

KATEYDEE. This sounds terrible. I would consider getting a colonoscopy to make sure its no anything sinister in you bowel. I tend to agree with the expanding of your uterus as the cause. My cramps of late feel like period pains but last Night I was having the stabbing pains in both my anus and vagina
. If your pains continue without a pregnancy I would get a referral to a gastroenterologist.

AFM test came back negative but still 11 days until AF due. Still positive co nipples. Very tendr

Edited by Julesy Jules, 17 February 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#23 seaside_feral

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi all!

Just a super quick post to say see you all in a few weeks... I leave tomorrow morning and still packing!!
I have hardly had time to check the thread all week, but did see your news N@K - I am so
sorry hon, thinking of you bbighug.gif

Kateydee - that pain sounds dreadful, I agree, good idea to get it checked out, hope all is ok.

I will see you all in about 3 weeks when I get back!  Hopefully there will have been some more BFPs by then!!

hugs to all!

#24 Katie and Bump

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Allie_D @ 17/02/2012, 03:13 PM)
14318548[/url]']
I'm not actively trying to sway for a girl as although I desperately want a girl, DH wants a boy!! Doesn't seem quite fair when we both want the opposite.  As I love dairy and normally restrict how much I have (as lots of full fat dairy isn't the greatest for the figure) I've just been allowing myself to have more than I usually would.  I love milk/milkshakes so i've been having quite a few of them lately!  Knowing my luck i'll end up 10kg heavier and PG with a boy!  roll2.gif

And yes, I will be grateful just to have a healthy baby, it doesn't really matter what it is.  Gee i'd love a girl though  grin.gif

Thanks for this! I will do some research. My DF is the same with wanting a boy.
I'm really bad with having enough calcium and I take calcium tablets because my levels are a bit low..I also have high cholesterol (and high iron, lucky me!) so I'm not supposed to eat much dairy, but I barely pay attention to the cholesterol advice haha terrible!

#25 Katie and Bump

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

argh, stupid iphone did a double post  blink.gif

Edited by Katie and Future Bump, 17 February 2012 - 08:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.