PAM Grads Group #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#101 Fillyjonk

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hey MrsCee... ooh, how exciting. I am sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable though. It's a good excuse to do put your feet up and do bugger all I say (yeah right, with a 15ish month old!).

Dinojen - have you considered hiring a sleep consultant? I would be the same as you and have great difficulty leaving Owen for a week. But it sounds like you need something and maybe someone in your own home is the way to go, even though it might be a bit costy.

I was surprisingly excited to be back at work today. True, I spent most of the time fighting to regain access to this and that, but we got these awesome new cordless headsets in my absence so I could wander around and chat with people while on hold to various helpdesks.

Okay, now to the core business of this post...

I am, er, pregnant again. I say that in a complete monotone because I am finding it hard for the news to sink in and I really don't know what to think! To those who have heard me bemoan that I would never have an accidental pregnancy - well I was wrong. I have no idea how this happened!! As far as I can tell, I would have ovulated around the time Owen did his "mouth meets table" trick. And he spent a good while sleeping in our bed afterwards. I also thought that I had a vaginal infection for a little while, but I am guessing that was an implantation bleed?

Yes, I am excited at the prospect of another baby. But I really don't have time to be pregnant right now! I have no idea how I am going to cope with the first trimester stress/panics or the tiredness. I am so busy at the moment but I just don't know what I can drop.

And then there is the question of WHERE the baby will be born!!

And damnit, I have JUST moved back to caffienated coffee as I am only BFing Elise 1-2 times a day. I hate paying the decaf premium!

But all of that b**ching aside - hehe, I got pregnant without the hell of TTC!! Wheeeheee!!

#102 MarsBarSlice

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

G.Goose - Congrats, wow, very happy for you and what a great way to do it without all the stress of ttc like you said.  So how are along are you?

MrsCee - good to hear from you, the countdown is certainly on. Look forward to meeting your new addition shortly

Hi to everyone else

#103 Mamabug

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

OMG GOOSEY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

(slinks off to corner to feel a little bit sad that I will never get that moment of staring in disbelief at two lovely lines on a hpt again....)

BUT WOO-HOO!!!!! Your mind must be in a bit of a melt down at the moment. Take some advice from a seasoned veteran......denial works!!!!!

#104 Shadowess

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Oh my gosh, Jen!! that's fantastic! I can understand being apprehensive about it all, especially the logistics, but how awesome!

Wow! well, that's 3 pregnancy announcements in 2 days... a friend told me yesterday she's 13 weeks, a girl at work today announced that she's 7 weeks (a bit early, but well, whatever!), and now Jen!

MrsCee, not long to go now... that sucks about your OB.. and pretty rude to not let anyone know!

Oh, that reminds me.. Megan.... Dr H, at Calvary, is retiring this year too... there goes the two most popular OB's!

#105 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Jen roll2.gif No, no I wont get pregnant by accident  ph34r.gif cclap.gif oomg.gif

OK, enough emoticons - congratulations! How very exciting, the only thing that would have made it better would be to accidently get pregnant but not find out until 12 weeks! I must admit I'm, like mamabug, a little bit jealous of not having that super exciting moment but the thought of another pregnancy and baby (and toddler!) is enough to keep me at 2.

Mrs Cee - Great to hear from you and I hear you on the pregnancy pain, I had awful last trimesters and all I wanted from around 34 weeks was to not be pregnant any more! Not too long to go now, your baby will share a birthday with a lovely uncle of mine and my first love, who was also lovely for the record. I hope the time goes quickly for you.

Soooo....does Fee know the Ob is retiring because she also has news? laughing2.gif Detective DinoJ.

AFM - Teddy was better the last two nights, maybe he was just waiting for daylight savings to end? The mornings are still a nightmare but he's only woken at midnight both nights for a feed so fingers crossed it continues this way.

I saw my Psych again this morning who is putting me on ADs - I feel OK about it having gone through it all with her, but I also think that's symptomatic of how sh*t I feel so I'm ready to try pills if it helps. Wont affect BF thank goodness as I couldn't have done that. She is also chatting to my GP today and plans to tell off the locum nutter (sorry, I mean Doctor) who advised me to go on a vegan diet for my PND. Honestly, some people are just dangerous.

And Teddy continues to be constipated despit me doing everything possible to help, I am taking him to the Dr later to see what to do next. I can't stand the thought of anything chemical going in him but I know what he's eating and drinking and there is really no explanation for it continuing to worsen except possibly something is wrong sad.gif Poor tyke.

Right - still excited by Jen's news and will live vicariously through you for the next year or so (or until the next announcement!)

Have good days everyone waves.gif

#106 MrsCee

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Oh, so glad I quickly checked in!

huge congrats Jen and welcome to the club biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif      he he he

Dino - someone may have mentioned this but have you tried pear juice for Teddy? Worked a treat when our boy was constipated. Just a quick thought.

#107 MarsBarSlice

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Dinosaurus:

I've been reading your posts and wish I could help you but being so far away it's difficult. A few things have stood out though that I thought I would mention.

Firstly, I'm glad that the pschy is helping but another reason for your ability to cope that may not be PND is your thyroid. A lot of women's thyroid plays up during or after having a baby and a lot of doctors call it PND instead of checking their thyroid. I'm not saying it is your thyroid but it is definately worth getting it checked regularly. It might save you some sanity cause it can be fixed pretty quick after being diagnosed. I've had thyroid issues for so long and I know the mind games it plays on you when it's not right.

The other issue I've noticed is that lack of sleep with Teddy and now constipation. Now again I'm not saying this is what's wrong but something maybe to think about. Both sleeping and constipation can be signs of ceoliac, even in young babies. I'm not sure if you have started solids yet or what you are feeding him but maybe he is having trouble digesting. My DS2 who is nearly 9 months now and lactose intolerant has digestion issues. We have to be careful how much milk products he gets in a 24 hour period and I also suspect that he has trouble digesting bread (I'm still watching that one).

Not trying to scare you but help you. Sometimes the doctors just go for the quick diagnosis instead of looking at what might really be causing the problems. Both issues, if they are the reason, are easy to fix. My family has both issues and it's just a small adjustment to your lifestyle for a better quality of life.

I tried to send you a PM and it wouldn't work, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

#108 Mamabug

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (MrsCee @ 03/04/2012, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huge congrats Jen and welcome to the club biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif      he he he

roll2.gif roll2.gif  MrsC, I think there is a tad toooo much enthusiasm in that post! Misery looking for company, perhaps??????

#109 Shadowess

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Jen, no.... Fee doesn't know about the retirement plans of the OB from the same way that you're thinking! My friend, who is 13 weeks, saw this OB for her first 2 babies, but who is going public this time, told me.

So, no spreading rumours!

#110 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Thanks MBS,

I have had my thyroid checked, how often do you think it should be checked because it's been a while now (like, not since Teddy was born).

Diet - I hope it's not bloody CD, I have friends with it and I'm terrified every time they come over that some harm will come to them laughing2.gif  I have been through his diet thoroughly with his nurse, he's been on solids almost 3 months now and had no new foods introduced in the last month (unless DS1 has shoved somethingnin his mouth when I wasn't looking!) the dairy in his diet is almost zero, he has a little bit of yoghurt every 3-4 days, he refuses to eat any kind of cereal with or without milk/water/fruit...etc. He loves toast but has had that since day one so I'm not sure that wouldn't show up earlier? The rest of his diet is pretty much fruit and veg and I occasionally try a bit of rice or grain but so far he refuses alll that exciting stuff. He went from eating like a crazy marathon runner to eating like a bird which I just thought was the end of a growth spurt but it could be his tummy.

Now, his tummy - the Dr felt and listened to it and says it's not too bad, there isn't a blockage all the way up anyway. He has given me infant suppositories oomg.gif Teddy is sleeping now but I guess I'm going to have to do that when he gets up. Poor thing.

I do think the sleep is worse for e tummy issues so fingers crossed this helps - it's a bit weird after him having one exploding nappy every day to struggling to poo.

Fee/Rachael - sorry, I got my sigs wrong biggrin.gif

Ok, best get on with finding the floor so I can clean it. Again! It's like it keeps getting dirty just to spite me!

#111 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Oh wow Jen that's such exciting news!!! Congratulations but yes I understand your apprehension re getting ready to move & where to birth etc. Wow wow wow! What does Derek have to say about it all?

Dino I know it's easy for us all to say you need to do the sleep school when there's very real practical considerations to grapple with, but I really think you should pull out all the stops with this one & try to make it happen. It's not only Teddy and you who will benefit from this but the whole family. If Oliver looks as though he's not going to be happy about it could your DH arrange a few special boys night things for him on the nights you'll be away? Just little things like pizza at the park for dinner, a movie night at home with popcorn? Fancy icecreams?

Mrs Cee - goodness not long to go now! How disappointing about your OB, but it's so exciting to be so close to the end now  happy.gif

Got to go, just home from swimming, need to get dinner then run out the door to tafe at 6 - aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#112 Caramel Latte

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

YAY Jen!!! Congrats on the wonderful news xo

DinoJen: So hope you can get into sleep school to assist you all, TNMN had some great ideas. I have to have my Thyroid levels checked 6 weekly while levels stuffed but other than that every 3/6 mths depending on how I am feeling. If feeling ok, just every 6 mths but if feeling drowsy and tired all the time - 3 mths.

Hi Shadowess: how are you and your beautiful girls?

MarsBar: Hi how are you? I have to make it to Newcastle soon!

TNMN: How is TAFE going?

MrsCee: Boo re the Ob!!! Hope the rest of the pg goes quick!!

AFM: Lactation bikkies are my friend atm lol but Oreo is doing well especially after a major growth spurt the last two weeks. House hunting still not going my way but organising Oreo's Baptism is keeping me busy as well.

xo to all

#113 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Tafe's going well thanks DF original.gif I've almost finished my 1st subject, the assignment's handed in though I still have one lecture to go. It's slow going doing just one subject but I really can't take on more till I get childcare for carys as DH is doing 2 units per semester of IT masters on top of full time work.

Dreary day here, looking like rain but not quite there. We have had absolutely gorgeous weather recently though so i can't complain.

I'm looking forward to trying out a new hot cross bun recipe I came acress courtesy of the recipe section. http://www.zacpower.com/home/default.asp

Maybe be could have a virtual HCB day? It's been a while since virtual scone day...

#114 Mamabug

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (ThatsNotMyName @ 05/04/2012, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe be could have a virtual HCB day? It's been a while since virtual scone day...

VSD was close to two years ago that we had VSD - definitely long overdue. Don't know that I'm up to making HCB - but doesn't mean I can't buy some and join in!!

#115 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Baking completely optional - eating compulsory wink.gif

#116 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

I have hot X buns original.gif

I think the Easter Bunny should come Friday so we can eat chocolate for 4 days biggrin.gif

#117 noisytractor

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

I have hot cross buns too. DH is a baker so I don't even have to make them  biggrin.gif

#118 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Ha! I just saw I posted Zac Power instead of the hcb recipe laughing2.gif. Here is the recipe http://www.danlepard.com/front-carousel/20...ced-stout-buns/. They are hands down the best hcb I've ever had.

#119 Mamabug

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

So, I think I have mastered the art of a balanced diet for the Bugs. For morning tea they each had a small egg and shared a bowl of sliced cucumber, carrot and shredded lettuce left over from our politically correct fish and salad dinner!!!! I can now feel smug about my parenting cause at least there was something green amidst the chocolate (although, if the only criteria is green, would mint chocolate work????).

#120 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Or lollie spearmint leaves? Both green AND leaf shaped wink.gif

#121 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Ok, everyone hope these things come in 3s, been at the RCH for 2 hours on Gps advice as x ray show teddy has obstruction in his bowel putting pressure on his liver (in that the intestine is packed). Poor little man sad.gif

Back to waiting...

#122 ~A2~

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.