Secondary Infertility BG #6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#101 Stronger

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

IzyBee - how exciting!! 11 follies is good! It is about what I had and we got 8 eggs from them! DH's can be such a pain sometimes!! I hope yours stops being a noodle and comes to the party for you soon! Mine was being a pain this morning too! I don't think they realise just how much we have to go through sometimes either! I hope you are not as sore as I have been after your EPU - am still sore today!!

Studymuffin - I'm not sure if they will be able to see if Clomid has been a success at your ultrasound - I never had a ultrasound with clomid only blood tests (I took it when I wasn't with Hollywood) so I am not sure. Hopefully for you though!! Yes uni....um it is very hard to keep my mind on uni as all I want to do is think about potential bub/s and rest. I have an assignment due on Monday noon and I still have a fair bit of work to do on it!! I just cannot get into it! Then I have another assignment for my other unit due Tuesday week which I have not even started yet! We are out tonight at a friend's birthday party so hope to finish first assignment tomorrow! Well I have to really! I just had 2 weeks non teaching break and I was meant to do assignments and catch up on lectures but that didn't really happen with excitement of IVF happening! Oh well I will just have to knuckle down tomorrow!!
LOL at your DH too about the twin comment!

HaleyW - thanks for your support too! I so hope this is it for us!!

Well transfer went ahead this morning and our 2 little embryos had split to 6 cells each overnight which is good! I was a little nervous this morning that I would get a call to say one or both have turned no good but I didn't and I did say to DH on the way "oh well no news must be good news" - pity the traffic was so bad and we just made it there in time!

So yeah 2 embies back in and now just the awful TWW...we got to see the little speck on the ultrasound screen and it was quite emotional! I can't believe the little embies are now in me...a bit surreal! I just hope they survive and decide that they or at least one want to get comfy in me! I know nothing is guaranteed but am so very hopeful! So all I can do is try to relax, not do anything strenuous and wait and wait!

#102 Izy Bee

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

raffi...wishes and sprinkles of sticky fairy dust....so they can both stick for you!!!!
my trigger is in about 40mins time...eek!! ive heard it hurts..so ive got some numbing cream to put on first!!!!

#103 HaleyW

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

Thats awesome news Raffi. I'm so lOoking forward to some good news from you in a couple of weeks!!
Study muffin .. I don't think they'll be able to tell from ultrasound if it worked that soon. They couldn't tell by US for IVF until six wk, so blood test will be the only measure early. Crinone is progesterone to help support pregnancy, used with ART because it's artificial conception & body may not be making enough. Good luck, hope it works for you!!
Izy Bee, good luck with trigger .. It is a bit bigger needle than the others so gr8 you have numbing. I didn't have this offered :(Best of luck with EPU!

#104 Stronger

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Izy Bee - thanks! I hope your trigger shot went ok for you!

haleyw - Can I ask you a question or 2? How did you feel in the days after your EPU? I am still sore and so very very bloated - did you feel like this too? I am battling constipation too (sorry if TMI) but I am just so bloated I feel like I am going to burst! I just hope my embies are doing ok inside despite me feeling like this! I am on Crinone - I know that can make you really bloated - do you think it is that?

thanks xx

#105 Bellefin

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Raffi - It all sounds so good! I'm very excited for you. Even if it doesn't work at least you got good quality eggs and embies and got to transfer so it will work one of these goes! Hoping it's first go though. Now we aren't going to find out anything for a while...waiting waiting waiting! One of you guys getting pregnant is almost as exciting (to me) as me getting pregnant  biggrin.gif

IzyBee - 11 follies is great! I hope the trigger didn't hurt too much. I had a trigger when I took clomid and it was OK but not sure if it was the same thing? How did it go with your DH? Seriously all the stuff we have to go through, they just don't get it!

Studymuffin - 9dpo, will have only just implanted so still too small to see I would say. I know what you mean about twins, I would love to have twins, if my new clinic offers to put back two I'll be agreeing to that! I wanted 3 anyway but now with all these fertility problems I'll be lucky to get 2, so a twin would be a bonus. If I could choose I would have B/G twins.

HaleyW - Glad to have you in the group to see what happens when it works! It's inspiration for us.

AFM - O on Saturday, got the +ve OPK on Friday, lots of O pains, so much so that I put DD to sleep and went to sleep myself. I don't know if it could be the big cyst I have causing pain? We got a good BD in the night before though, but I know I won't get pg, I never do. I get EWCM, +ve OPK and my temp goes up and it's all like clockwork but I never get BFP. Surely if I have low AMH I am still releasing eggs, they will just run out sooner?

Don't know if I mentioned it, I'm changing to HFC (for the Perth girls) but can't get in until very end of May, so hoping this cyst is gone next cycle then just waiting for that appt and hopefully I can start IVF.

#106 Shellby

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Raffi - How exciting - in a way you are pregnant right now   wink.gif  just the wait to see if they keep growing. Hope you get lucky and get a double shot  biggrin.gif

Belle - I hope time passes quickly for you. I always hated the waits for appointments.

Izy - Can't wait to see how many eggs you got today.

Not alot happening here, had to go to Brisbane to see James neurosurgeon so my mind has been on that the last week. Nothing really to report except cancer is 100% off the table. Go back for another MRI in 3 months.

As for fertility side of things - well this is strange for me, but I noticed today my CM is changing more fertile already and I'm only CD10 - now for someone who has a 28 day cycle this would be normal, but I don't have 28 day cycles, I'm don't normally ovulate until CD18-20. I'm wondering if this B6 I'm taking is bring my ovulation forward? No idea but its a interesting change - we won't do anything different anyway, just enjoy being a couple  wink.gif and if something happens it happens.

#107 Izy Bee

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

hi all...epu went well, i got 9 eggs...will post again tomorrow...very tired!!

#108 Goldie Belle

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hi Ladies,

I didn't mean to drop off radar. I feel awful because I wasn't there for you all, as I should be, because this is what this group is all about. You guys are a great support group and I have just been feeling sorry for myself.
I told DH about joining 'our group' when I was feeling very low and he was upset because he thought he had failed me in being the right support. So we have been reconnecting in all that kind of stuff. He marveled about us women and having groups to support ea other. He is the same as all (most) our DH...doesn't quite get that we want/ need to talk about it all the time, although he says its ok, I know its not the 1st and last thing he needs or wants to hear about every day..

You all have such exciting news!
Since I last posted sooo much has happened! I am so excited for you girls! I never knew a feed cld breed (no pun intended) so much excitement in so little time!

HaleyW You are going to be a mummy!  Reading all you have said brings happy tears to my eyes coz its so great xxx beautiful little heart beat <3

Raffi I think you will be celebrating Xmas with a new member of your family....hopefully 2 new members and I hope they are both like their Mum...you seem like such a gorgeous soul x

Izy Good luck with it all x I hope you glide thru the whole process with ease and have the BEST results x

Bellefin I know how u feel...I get cysts too. I hope you have a BFP this mth so the cyst can go get (add explicit)

Studymuffin u seem to be a few weeks b4 where we are, so I'll be following you. I look forward to your updates.

Thank you girls, even when I am not a part of the discussion I can still read about it. This means so much to me....Sorry to get all emotional.

AFM Shellby said "why is GP worried?" FS said pretty much the same. Going for HSG soon, he is worried all my D&C's that I had to have after my babies(4 or 5) may have caused problems. I had bad bleeding after both births. I have been quite emotional in myself, but I am ok.

#109 Stronger

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Goldie Belle @ 02/04/2012, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Ladies,

I didn't mean to drop off radar. I feel awful because I wasn't there for you all, as I should be, because this is what this group is all about. You guys are a great support group and I have just been feeling sorry for myself.
I told DH about joining 'our group' when I was feeling very low and he was upset because he thought he had failed me in being the right support. So we have been reconnecting in all that kind of stuff. He marveled about us women and having groups to support ea other. He is the same as all (most) our DH...doesn't quite get that we want/ need to talk about it all the time, although he says its ok, I know its not the 1st and last thing he needs or wants to hear about every day..

You all have such exciting news!
Since I last posted sooo much has happened! I am so excited for you girls! I never knew a feed cld breed (no pun intended) so much excitement in so little time!

HaleyW You are going to be a mummy!  Reading all you have said brings happy tears to my eyes coz its so great xxx beautiful little heart beat <3

Raffi I think you will be celebrating Xmas with a new member of your family....hopefully 2 new members and I hope they are both like their Mum...you seem like such a gorgeous soul x

Izy Good luck with it all x I hope you glide thru the whole process with ease and have the BEST results x

Bellefin I know how u feel...I get cysts too. I hope you have a BFP this mth so the cyst can go get (add explicit)

Studymuffin u seem to be a few weeks b4 where we are, so I'll be following you. I look forward to your updates.

Thank you girls, even when I am not a part of the discussion I can still read about it. This means so much to me....Sorry to get all emotional.

AFM Shellby said "why is GP worried?" FS said pretty much the same. Going for HSG soon, he is worried all my D&C's that I had to have after my babies(4 or 5) may have caused problems. I had bad bleeding after both births. I have been quite emotional in myself, but I am ok.

Oh Goldie Belle - don't feel bad!! Sometimes we all need some time out and I think that is very sweet of your DH being upset he wasn't supporting you enough!! Wish mine was more like that!! I am glad you two have reconnected and are back on the same page!! Thankyou too for your hopes and wishes for me...I so hope so too it would be a wonderful Christmas present!! Thankyou too for your very kind words - they bought a tear to my eye!! Hope to see you around more but honestly just use this group however you feel you need to! All the best for your HSG - is that soon?

Bellefin - thanks for you wishes!! Studymuffin and I are at HFC too!! Which dr are u seeing? It's not good you have to wait so long though! I must have been lucky and got an appointment within about 3 weeks earlier this year. I hope the time goes quick - it is awful all this waiting!

Izy Bee - YAY for 9 eggs! That is great! KNow how you feel....I am still tired! lol! Eat lots of protein and drink lots and lots of water - I have found it really helps! Look forward to hearing how you little eggs went!

Well just a quick one ladies as I have to go back to work today even though it is the last thing I feel like doing....feeling a bit nauseous at the moment...think it would be too early for a pregnancy symptom wouldn't it? More likely another crinone side effect I think!

Ok better go...have a lovely day ladies xxx

#110 Izy Bee

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

so update time..8 of the little ones have fertilized.....wow!!! so now i should have 1 put in on saturday!!! nearing the light at the end of a tunnel!!!

#111 StudyMuffin

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

So working backwards!

IzBee - Wow, what a great result! What an exciting time for you. Hopefully means we are going to have a BFP run in here soon.

Raffi - Not sure hun, but my fingers are crossed it is a pregnancy symptom for you. How many days and hours until you find out now?

Goldiebelle - pfffft don't worry about it, we all do it and noone takes it personally. original.gif Best of luck hun, look forward to a cycle buddy original.gif

Shelby - best of luck, no advice but have fun - having fun wink.gif

Bellefin - it took me 6 weeks to get in there too. They are totally worth the wait - very nice, very professional and the most efficient business I think I have ever come across, when they say they will ring you - they do ...quite often 4 odd times if they can't get you and when they say they will pop something in the post to you ... it arrives the next day.

Sorry to anyone I've missed.

AFM - not much, just waiting to start the big 'C'. I booked my 21 day ultrasound today .... it's the day before my birthday. My fingers are crossed that at the end of my birthday week ... I get a BFP present. Positive thinking about falling pregnant seems a lot easier now I'm being pro active about doing something about it.

#112 HaleyW

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Izy - That's awesome news. To have 8 fertilize out of 9 is unheard of (to me anyway! Lol). We got 13 eggs but less than 1/2 of these fertilized. Did you do ICSI or IVF?

Raffi - I'm feeling so good about you. Feelings sick is fantastic...fingers are crossed, crossed, crossed!!

GBelle - no problems hun, glad you're back.

Shelby - I hope this B6 is the trick for you ... sounds like some changes are happening and hopefully this is a good thing!

Study Muffin - I know what you mean - when I started Clomid I felt so much more empowered. I really hope it works for you.

Belle Fin - so glad I can be inspiration. It didn't work first go but it did happen! I also have low reserve and doctor told me it makes absolutely no difference to egg quality or regularity with cycle (so you'll still O every month). The only thing it means is that you'll probably go through menopauses sooner than most. It really freaked me out to hear this news especially with fertility issues going on - but I've made peace with it now and I think all this IVF may have happened a reason, so I can finish my family before it's too late - as still have 5 frozen embryos in storage - there's usually a golden lining if you look close enough. Good luck to you!

AFM: Had 12 week scan yesterday (My DH's b'day) and I was actually 13 weeks, but they've said I'm measuring more like 13 weeks 5 days...so all is going well. Everything's where it should be - I feel like it's so miraculous this time (with IVF) because we've seen this little person as an embryo! Bizarre.

Take care all. x

#113 Izy Bee

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

hi haley! just standard ivf...but DH has an awesome sperm count...in the highest % so we are lucky there....one actually fertilized 36 hours after retreval...

#114 Stronger

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hey ladies
I'm getting checked by my clinic today as the bloating is so bad I can't eat much and have bouts of breathlessness - I hope they say it is nothing but would rather get checked then not just to be on the safe side. Apparently it is a good sign though and my oestrogen and progesterone levels are very high which is a good thing towards pregnancy. Keep everything crossed and hopefully some of this bloating goes away soon.

xx

#115 Izy Bee

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

so day three...all 8 are still dividing...yay....some better than others...but all are on their way to day 5ers.....and that cheeky late fertilizer is the one they will probably implant..its has cells multipling the fastest 10 or something....so im going to call that one Ivy...i bet its a girl, because it's busy...just like my DD ......9:30 saturday i have have one of the little buggers implanted!!!!

#116 HaleyW

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Izy ... That's fantastic news, ha, ha about girl being the busy one! Our FS predicts this ones is a girl as embryo was to compliant to be male! Good luck Saturday!
Raffi, sounds hopeful, but hopefully you are ok! Keep us posted!

#117 Izy Bee

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

raffi: i hope you are ok...thats not good.i feel bloated as well.but i went to gym yesterday, and did some.light stuff, it made me feel a lot better...keep.well.....

haley, now the exciting stuff can happen...all the nursery organising etc......

Everyone else..happy easter, we dont want chocolate....we.all want fertilized eggs of a different type.......

#118 StudyMuffin

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Stalking for news from Raffi - my fingers are crossed for you babe!

+1 for feeling bloated but mines from all the crap i've eaten today haha.

Izzy - haha your easter egg comment is funny. I'm looking for a mother's day present myself wink.gif Hopefully everyone else has the easter bunny bring them BFP's. Good Luck for Saturday!

Haley - Congratulations on the 12 wk scan, very exciting. You waiting to find out the sex?

#119 StudyMuffin

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hmm not sure what to do girls. I'm getting AF breakthrough bleeding on the pill which kind of messes the cycle up - not sure what to do! it's easter so not like I can ring the clinic or GP for some advice.  unsure.gif

#120 Izy Bee

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

my nurses told me even if i get AF on the pill continue taking it and the cyle would still go ahead.... it sometimes takes a while for the body to adjust!!!

#121 Stronger

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hi ladies
Well I am ok...went to clinic yesterday and they were so great - got straight in to see a nurse and doctor and got checked out and given some meds for nausea, some strong pain meds for pain and some clexane to ensure blood thin enough. The clinic are going to call me over the weekend to make sure I am ok and I just need to rest. The lovely nurse said it can be a good sign when this happens that you are pregnant so I am just so hoping!!

Funniest/worse thing is I have the strongest craving ever for salt n vinegar chips and well salt in general really! I have read the salt craving is an effect from the progesterone.

Thanks for your concern I really appreciate it and only a week today to blood test to find out if pregnant! I am half way!!

Studymuffin - I hope your bleeding isn't much and settles down - I would just keep taking pill too or could you maybe call a chemist and ask?

IzyBee - gee you are good going to the gym! I haven't been up to going for ages! I am been too sore or bloated!! You did so well too getting so many eggs fertilised! Fingers crossed for you!!

Have a good Good Friday xxx

#122 HaleyW

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Raffi, so pleased you are okay! So hoping this is it for you. Looking forward to good news next week. Keep well rested if you can.
Thinking of & hoping like crazy for everyone BFP!

#123 Shellby

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Raffi - Hope this next week goes past quickly for you and you get your BFP.gif

I just wanted to say sorry I won't be around much this month, its getting to hard this month on EB with it being the month I would have had our baby from our last and final loss and finally giving up all treatment. I was hoping it wouldn't effect me much but as the days get closer to my EDD I'm finding it harder to do anything more than my moderating duties, I'm sure once May hits I will be fine again just like in November with my last EDD pasted.

#124 HaleyW

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Shelby. I'm so sorry, this must be awful for you. You're in my thoughts. I hope the future brings what you want most. Take care of yourself. x

#125 Izy Bee

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

10 days until my bloodtest...yesterday was a little confusing...as i am unsure how many frosties i have....the scientist was a  little bit vague...i think at least one!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.