Deakin Girls!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#51 greenthumbgirl

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

What a shocker of a week! The kids and I, have all had a lovely vomiting bug, so not much got done in terms of study and now I'm playing catch up. I managed to get to the 109 prac but wasn't prepared sad.gif the way I would liked to have been....fingers crossed I get a few marks for the prac. I have the 2nd prac for 109 this week coming, not sure how that's going to work because we won't have covered any of the brain/nervous system content.

Same *Hayley that 109 still has me worried..I leave every lecture thinking WHAT? I get home, go over it with the textbook and have a few light bulb moments, but just can't seem to put it all together, there's just seems to be so much to remember. I keep telling myself a pass is a pass..calm down, but I don't think that's helping lol

How's everyone else tracking?

#52 Anyway...

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Who has done the online exam for HNN112??

I keep going to press start quiz then sh*t myself so don't, try and read through everything again think I have it I'm fine go to start it again and it goes around and around lol

Just so worried I will stuff it up even though i know I probably won't, stupid head games Tounge1.gif

109 I think I did ok in the prac, would not have aced it but think I will pass which for that subject is all I care about really.

Greethumbgirl I hope your family is feeling better this week!

Edited by *Hayley, 26 March 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#53 mrskb

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hey!!

I am super procrastinating in the assignments and haven't started ANY yet!! Has anybody started the 107 social determinants assignment?? I need help with assignment writing I think sad.gif Also need to start my 120 reflective questions!

Hayley- I did the 112 test last night.... it really isn't too bad! Most of it is common sense original.gif

GreenThumb- Still wondering if I have met you somewhere along the line yet! I did my 2nd 109 prac yesterday as well.... not sure how well I did. I have started becoming slack with writing my lecture notes too! I started off doing amazing notes! I got my first 109 prac back, I got 24.5/25 so am very pleased with that!!

#54 mrskb

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Ah greenthumb... you are at warnambool aren't you?? If so I def haven't met you! Oops!

#55 greenthumbgirl

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (mrskb @ 27/03/2012, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah greenthumb... you are at warnambool aren't you?? If so I def haven't met you! Oops!

yyes.gif I'm at Warrnambool

Surprise....surprise 9.2/10 for the first 109 prac....tutor handed them out and I wanted to do the happy dance. Was the confidence boost that I really needed.

#56 UpsyDaisy

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

*waves*

Been unwell here too with Chronic bronchitis, ER admission, then Bacterial Pneumonia diagnosis, with strict instructions to stop going to Uni, like I didn't do last week, and take this week off and sleep, not. I had a medical certificate, but went anyway *ekk*!

I've done the HNN112 quiz - distinction so surprised as I was not long out of hospital LOL. HBS109 prac results next week. Haven't started HBS107 *hides* but will get an extension and haven't started HNN120 either. Very, very, not me. I'm normally finished well before due date.

Greenthumbgirl - I hope everyone is feeling better now. My 7 yo had Gastro earlier in the week, despite being completely illness free for 3 years. Luckily, no shared germs, and all is ok - thank god!  

You truly can't afford to be an hour behind, let alone a day or days. After Easter I hope to be ahead, so I have some slack to fall back on during illness etc. Me just stopping Uni like I was told by the ER doctor wasn't an option. I just walked and looked like a 90 yo smoker. Man, nuts but I did it.

Edited by UpsyDaisy, 30 March 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#57 greenthumbgirl

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

UpsyDaisy Hope you're on the mend, it's one thing for the kids to be sick...but when mum is sick too it all turn to poop. I agree once you get behind it's hard work catching up!

Ticking along ok here, 107 assignment is complete and just working on some 109 revision for the exam on Thursday. Struggling with the 107 readings.....just puts me to sleep.

Happy Easter Everyone  original.gif

#58 UpsyDaisy

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

107 readings are super exciting. Not laughing2.gif I find 120 lectures a little ordinary too, although this weeks was great for 120. Quite funny - I loved her style biggrin.gif

Me - Been back to the ED again since last post. More x-rays - still showing Pnuemonia, bloods etc. Sputum sample results were back from previous ED admission and it's some sort of unusual kids bacteria - the doctor said it was very odd. I have no idea LOL! Given more IV antibiotics in hospital and sent home with my 3rd lot of antibiotics, which TBH aren't doing a great deal.

I got an extension for 107, so that's due Wed.

What do you think of 112? I'm absolutely loving it, especially the pracs. I checked how my vitals were going last week, especially my oxygen saturation levels. Check on 2 different machines. I also checked if my blood pressue was still strangely low on there machine and it was ROFL!

Edited by UpsyDaisy, 05 April 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#59 greenthumbgirl

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Hope you've all had a nice Easter break.....and are ready to get back into it tomorrow original.gif

#60 Anyway...

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Who has done the 109 online exam?? I am studying now.

Is anyone else not getting the news section on DSO? I have tried with my MAC and wondows but the middle section on DSO is not coming up (hope that made sense)

I did the practice tests and I did ok but I am still sh*tting myself, I will be happy so long as I get a pass.

Ok went on the home computer and found the lecture notes, i don't now what is going on with my lappy sad.gif

Anyway good luck for the exam girls original.gif

Edited by *Hayley, 17 April 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#61 greenthumbgirl

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (*Hayley @ 17/04/2012, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who has done the 109 online exam?? I am studying now.

Is anyone else not getting the news section on DSO? I have tried with my MAC and wondows but the middle section on DSO is not coming up (hope that made sense)

I did the practice tests and I did ok but I am still sh*tting myself, I will be happy so long as I get a pass.

Ok went on the home computer and found the lecture notes, i don't now what is going on with my lappy sad.gif

Anyway good luck for the exam girls original.gif

Hi *Hayley I'm confused...what 109 online exam? I had a 1 hours exam pre Easter break for lectures 1-10 but that wasn't online.

My 109 lecturer gave everyone a good spray this morning...about a 1/3 of the class failed the exam ohmy.gif  She will be visiting every tut this week and discussing exam results/study habits one on one. I was confident of a pass but I'm starting to get worried.

DSO news is down at the moment - according to the message near the log in.

Happy studies  biggrin.gif

#62 Anyway...

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

oh ok we do ours online, wow that does not fill me with much hope lol I am just about to start the exam lol

It isnt an easy subject so doesn't completely suprise me to be honest, do the people that fail get to resit the test?

#63 greenthumbgirl

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (*Hayley @ 18/04/2012, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh ok we do ours online, wow that does not fill me with much hope lol I am just about to start the exam lol

It isnt an easy subject so doesn't completely suprise me to be honest, do the people that fail get to resit the test?

.....next year when they repeat the unit.

#64 Anyway...

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Oh wow I am praying I passed then! Although a third of the class is pretty bad I think that many people you need to look at how the subject is being taught really.

Has anyone done the 112 prac? Not sure why we would need PJ's etc? I ain't letting people undress me! Is that what we are doing?? I find that wierd.

Edited by *Hayley, 18 April 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#65 UpsyDaisy

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

PJ's for the 112 prac? I must read next weeks prac guide LOL! We had to bring bathers or shorts and a t-shirt, towels, wash washers and toiletries this week. We got to give each other a bed bath laughing2.gif

All I know is next week involves a toothbrush and tooth paste, and is mean't to be a heap of fun. I believe we won't be brushing our own teeth LOL

I did the 109 test online. Only wanted a pass, as I was so sure I'd do badly, and was in the ER again all the day/evening prior. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my result today online.

DSO - Yep. The newsfeed is playing up. I can see it now, but it's all jumbled and the dates are wrong.

Did everyone else get the email for placements?

Edited by UpsyDaisy, 20 April 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#66 greenthumbgirl

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (*Hayley @ 18/04/2012, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh wow I am praying I passed then! Although a third of the class is pretty bad I think that many people you need to look at how the subject is being taught really.

I tend to agree....

UpsyDaisy Nice work on the exam, all things considered. I can't wait to do 112 next year sounds great.

No placement for me....again that will be a next year thing. But I can't wait to hear all about your placements.

#67 mrskb

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hey!!

Sorry I've been absent!! Going okay... have been putting so much effort into 109 and have got my average at about 88% so am going to back off of it a bit and focus on other subjects!! Got my 107 assignment back today and was VERY pleasantly surprised with my mark!! Can't wait to hear about 112 pracs this week!!! Need to get a start on 107 Assignment 2!

#68 greenthumbgirl

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (mrskb @ 30/04/2012, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey!!

Sorry I've been absent!! Going okay... have been putting so much effort into 109 and have got my average at about 88% so am going to back off of it a bit and focus on other subjects!! Got my 107 assignment back today and was VERY pleasantly surprised with my mark!! Can't wait to hear about 112 pracs this week!!! Need to get a start on 107 Assignment 2!

Sounds like your going great guns...getting a good mark really kicks the confidence and motivation along.

So where is everyone going for placement? Do you know what ward you will be in? All very exciting!!!

#69 mrskb

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

We haven't been told of where we are going yet! We should find out end of the week. Has yours been sorted?? My friend is doing the fellowship so she has hers organised but that is all i know

#70 UpsyDaisy

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

I found out today. I got my first preference and at this stage it only confirms the dates and the place - nothing else. I assume we'll get more information soon original.gif

How's everyone going with the 107 Assignment?

Edited by UpsyDaisy, 03 May 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#71 greenthumbgirl

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

I can't wait to hear all about your placements since I won't be going out until next year. But I'm pretty sure those going on placement found out locations last week.

107 Assigment 2 - ticking along, just need to finish the interventions & conclusion. Then edit, edit and edit some more biggrin.gif Looking forward to having this out of the way.

Not sure if you're aware - the exam timetable is available via student connect.

#72 mrskb

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'm slowly getting into the 107 assignment. I am about 300 words in. I'm doing it on postnatal depression original.gif

My placement is starting May 28th with Barwon Health but that is all I know at this point. I was told we find out the details about 2 weeks before placement starts original.gif

Really not looking forward to doing my hurdles!!!

#73 Anyway...

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I am starting my 120 assignment now, well trying to anyway, I hate trying to find journal articles and such!

We haven't found out our placements yet as someone was unwell so I think we are meant to find out in the next day or so, REALLY want to know now though.

Hurdles I am not too concerned about except for BP, I really am scared about that one.

Oh well I better stop procrastinating and get into this assignment, unless of course someone wants to do it for me?!?! lol

#74 greenthumbgirl

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (*Hayley @ 07/05/2012, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh well I better stop procrastinating and get into this assignment, unless of course someone wants to do it for me?!?! lol

Will pass on that one...but thanks for the offer he he biggrin.gif They're leaving it late for placements, doesn't give people much time to organise travel, accommodation etc.

107 due tomorrow ladies, hope you've all got it under control.

#75 mrskb

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Just got my placement scheduled!! I am in Renal, Stroke, Gastric and Chronic Pain. Sounds like I'll be dealing with wee and poo like I do at home haha!! Anybody else get theirs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.