What have you bought for the baby?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 annsam

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

biking bubs, I say keep the older children in cots as long as humanly possible!!  biggrin.gif   Most of mine have moved at about 2.5-3 years.

#27 Nezzy

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Hi Everyone,
I been very strong so far and haven't bought anything but now that I've had a dating scan and have seen the heart beat, and I'm in my 7th week, I think it's time that i can reward myself. So, after reading that many of you have bought a little onesie or toy I have decidee that I am going to walk down to Cotton On Kids at lunch and buy one small unisex article. Hopefully that will tide me over till later in the second trimester. Though it may well start a baby stuff shopping avalanche. tongue.gif

#28 JungleFlower2012

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Nezzy
I like buying stuff throughout, it saves a mad dash at the end to get it all done when all you need to do is nest an rearrange original.gif

Can i ask, what did you see at 7 weeks? all my early scans were in the 6 weeks and this one will be 7 weeks also & im curious original.gif

Stevie

#29 bentkitty

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

I am superstitious and not buying anything till we get the all clear from the 12 week scan! Though we won't need a lot, some clothes (we can reuse Alex's old stuff too as all his newbie clothing was unisex), a cot (or a bed for Alex and use his cot for the baby - haven't decided), extra seat for my pram (BJCS), and a car seat. That's about it. Oh and if it's a girl the entire girl's department of Pumpkin Patch and Mothercare. Tounge1.gif

Edited by bentkitty, 16 February 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#30 Nezzy

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Stevie: Yes, I think I'd like to buy stuff throguhout the pregnancy but my husband is trying to hold me back. He is scared for me to buy much till second trimester just in case something happens - doen't want me looking at a bunch of baby stuff if I no longer have a baby as it would be even more upsetting that way. Makes sense but isn't much fun. Too logical!
Re: dating scan - I was sposed to be scanned at 7 weeks but while I was having the scan done it turned out I was only 6 wks and 3 days cos I must of O'd early. All we could see was a little grey blob on the screen, however the ultrasound technicican did zoom in on the heartbeat and we saw that flashing away - so that was cool. Goodluck with your scan! original.gif

bentkitty - LOL on buying the entire dept's. That'll be one well-dressed little girl.

#31 shellycs

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

We've been trying not to buy until after the 12wk mark...but who can help themselves with their first right!?! The first big purchase we made was a pram/capsule combo I bought on ebay. It retailed at $700 and they had only used the capsule for 1m, the rest still has tags on it. I snagged it for $250 so was stoked. I bought some onsies that were on special and a few things if they are on special but I am really waiting for next week when I am 12wks and my mum is coming to visit and we're going to go shopping together. We're going to find out the gender as soon as we can so I am trying to not get much until then. It's my partner's second child and he said you get given so much stuff from friends and family.

#32 MummaSteele

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

We kept our cots but got rid of all our old baby clothes they were worn out anyway after 3 kids but i think i might still have their old sleeping bags

So far we've bought
Our gift to the baby a large soft toy (this one is a monkey) our other 3 have one that they love.
3 size 00 baby suites
4 pairs of nb socks
2 new sets of cot sheets
laybyed a new cot matteress

ETA my parents bought me a car seat for the baby

Edited by MummaSteele, 13 April 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#33 Feral Melody

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm not buying anything until the 19 week mark, once the fetal morphology scan is clear. We have a lot of stuff from my first baby, including cot, portacot etc. So will just be buying a new pram and a baby carrier, a few new clothes and that's about it. Will wait til they're born before I buy the rest of the stuff, if I need a steriliser/breast pump etc again. Hoping I don't!

#34 mal'occhio

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

I've bought a little jumpsuit, and others have bought presents for baby already (my parents, my grandmothers), but in reality I've been buying things for my future children for years - books and fabric to make clothes and toys.

#35 *mylittleprince*

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

We've actually bought nothing. We already have a 2.6 year old DS so have a lot of baby stuff (cot, baby bath and stand, swing, toys, clothes, chest of drawers, change table and mat, etc).

We are expecting twins so have to buy a double pram (loving the Mountain Buggy Duet), 3 car seats (DS is too wide to fit three across the back) and another cot.

Also going to buy a dishwasher!

Going to wait till the pram is on sale (currently around $750!!!) and when DS car seat is on sale (first have to check the three that are recommended will fit across the back).

More relaxed this time round so will buy as we need rather than wasting money.

Also want to wait till 20 weeks for peace of mind.

#36 PurpleChicken

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

We've bought an electric swing 2nd hand from a friend, but that's it so far.  I want to wait till we find out the sex before I buy anything because I prefer to buy gender specific stuff biggrin.gif.

We've also been given a new cot and change table so that's pretty awesome.

#37 angelinaballerina

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

We already have a cot and cradle. So I have bought a bugaboo pram, maclaren rocker, nappy bag, baby wrap carrier, some bonds 0000 white clothes. And I also have a wall sticker and am getting the drawers/change table this weekend.

Pretty much all sorted except for the car seat. And then when we know the sex I can go crazy with gender specific clothes shopping original.gif

#38 *lil*chil*

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

We r being so conservative as this is our second and no 1 is just 2.5 so far just a couple of unisex outfits in the sales... I think I might think about a new pram and maybe get a Moses basket this time round instead of just using the cot. I might wait to see if some sales come up at end of fin year.

#39 PinkGlitter3

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

This has not been updated for a while. But i plan to revitalise this page lol original.gif

Now at 22+1 weeks i have done alot more shopping. Today i added a beautoful brand new Vanilla coloured bassinette to the list.

I now have have alot of 0000-000 singlets
Enough 0000-000 to get us through until 00 unless bub decides to be on the smaller side and wear them for a while, then we may need more.
Some gorgeous socks and beanies.
An I-Glide Swing.
A Capsule.
(plus new bassinette)

We already have a change table from our last bubba as well as a high chair...

Im thinking i may just save some money and buy a cute quilt for bub to play on instead of a play gym... Because i remember losing bits and pieces of the last one... So at least i can also use the nice quilt when she goes into a cot.

im pretty impressed with my purchases so far. I really think i need some more wraps etc original.gif

P.s. Im addicted to pumpkin patch.

Thats my ramble over.

PinkGlitter3

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.