AC Grads - Due September/October/December 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#1 Freckles

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

New thread for those luckily enough to be pregnant after AC. original.gif Good luck with your pregnancies, may they be happy, healthy and very sticky!

Emma

#2 Lorem ipsum

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

I'll kick this off, hopefully some more people here soon original.gif

I am lucky enough to be here after my 3rd transfer (2 stims) and am apparantly due 6th of Oct.

Looking forward to chatting.

#3 Frogga78

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Lorum! Been looking for a group like this! Thank you for starting!
Am so anxious at the moment - still not convinced this is real and that these cramps just mean AF is really just around the corner!
I'm not usually this neurotic!!!!

#4 Lorem ipsum

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hey Frpgga!

Congratulations! I saw your BFP in RSGG thread, but I haven't been online, cause I have been on holidays.

I was crampy for over a week, it seems to have died down a bit now, but it pops up every now and then as a little reassurance.

I will forgive a bit of neuroticism at this stage  laughing2.gif

#5 Frogga78

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

How far along are you? Have you got a scan date?

Am v.happy it's Friday! Am struggling to make it through the day at the moment!

#6 Lorem ipsum

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Frogga, I'm 6 weeks tomorrow. Sounds like a lot, I think, I guess cause you are already 4 when you find out it makes the time seem shorter.

I'm booked in for the scan monday week. How about you? Any early symptoms yet?

I'm just back from holidays so Friday isn't bothering me today original.gif

#7 Frogga78

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Not long til the scan now for you! I have another week on top of that - am booked in for 28/2!

Did you have two embies transferred? I did so am a bit anxious to know!

As for symptoms, the tiredness mainly. Though boobs are starting to get a bit tender and I've had some nausea with sense of smell not being very helpful! Plus getting heartburn a lot. Strange thing is its not in the morning but mid afternoon it all kicks in!

How about you?

#8 Lorem ipsum

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Yep Only one week to go, always some more waiting....

My symptoms are pretty much the same as yours, minus the heartburn and add in some fun insomnia. I'm waking up at about 3 am for about 3 hours every night.

I only had the one transferred, but did also try the old fashioned way, so I think it quite unlikely. No doubt that you will be fine either way, but a bit scary! What were you HCG numbers like, any clues there?

I am starting a course next week, so hopefully that will make time go faster!

EFS

Edited by Lorem ipsum, 12 February 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#9 Frogga78

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

Oh and I am soooo bloated it's ridiculous!

At 14 days after the 3 day transfer my hcg was 587 and progesterone was 74. I think that's a good number but not so high to indicate a multiple.

What were yours?

#10 Lorem ipsum

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

I had mine 17 dpo (12dp5dt) and it was 510, so I hope that doesn't mean twins either!

#11 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hey ladies, I was wondering where to go and I found this thread. I hope it is not too early to jump on. original.gif

Just got my BT yesterday with HCG 508 and prog 282. My first BFP after 4 cycles. original.gif

Trying to be as relaxed and as positive as I can believing this pregnancy is for real till I see my baby.

I also had two transferred, you reckon this level is a singleton? DH and I wanted twins...arent we crazy??! Haha..but singleton is perfect for me too. As long as it is baby!!!!

Are you gals still feeling mild cramps or none? I get a twitch now and then at one specific site on my abdomen...mild lower backache...mild cramps.....freak me out at times....

How do we calculate our weeks? I had my last AF on  15 Jan. My cycle day is about 28-30 days. Am I 4 weeks? Can you help cos I cant seem to find the right answer on the net as mostly natural TTC...ours are IVF.

#12 spottydog

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hi ladies,

Quick history. IVF/ICSI 2008, after 4 embryo transfers, two fresh and two frozen, we have our DD, 2.5yrs. We had 4 blasts frozen and this month went to transfer one, sadly we lost 2 in the thaw and have one left. Hoping that we dont need the one frozen, and that this current pregnancy sticks.

Hoping to join in, but still in the very early stages. Yesterday i was 15dpo and got my BFP, hcg was 180 and prog 27. Another repeat BT tomorrow because im worried as ive had very minimal spotting/bleeding, but nothing today, so hoping it was just implantation.

PP to work out your EDD you need to work backwards, when was your epu or embryo transfer, to work out the rest from there.

Its hard to explain but if you add 38weeks from the ovulation/egg pick up etc, you can work it that way or give me your dates and i will. Also the day your clinic said AF was due, 36weeks from that date is EDD.

Great to see some BFPs in here, fingers crossed we all make it to scan dates and see lovely beating hearts.

spotty.

#13 Lorem ipsum

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Woohoo! lovely to have you ladies join. Congratulations to you both!

Mum2one I popped your dates into the calculator on here and it came out as due 22nd of October, So you would be 4 weeks. I can understand about hte twins, after all we've been through a buy one get one free kind of thing. I will be more than happy with one

I was gettin cramps pretty consistently for about a week after BFP, but only a few twinges now and then at the moment (6w ish)

Spotty
Ohh I hope that the spotting stays away. I had a little bit before AF was due (identical to my normal pre AF spotting) and then nothing just before my BFP. Hopefully it's implantation bleeding for you

AFM had a mini freak out last night, found a bit of browny-orange coloured CM and then had som cramping and was not feeling too hopeful. but it seems to have stopped and my most reliable insomnia symptom was happy to kick in too. Hurry up scan day on Monday!!

#14 Frogga78

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hey:) feeling so off today. Woke up thinking I was getting a head cold and have had a headache all day.  Ugh.
How are you traveling? Less than a week to scan - excited?

#15 Frogga78

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Just a quick question - do we wait until after the scan to make our first appt at the clinic/ob? Do you know?

#16 spottydog

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hiya girls,

I probably came in here too early as i fear that this embryo isint going to stick around.

I had my repeat BT today, good news is the hcg doubled, but my prog dropped, so another blood test in a few days or on Fri if i feel i cant wait and see how we go. my clinic seem to think its ok, numbers within normal range but i cant help but worry.

We had 4 blasts frozen for 3.5yrs, to wait to use them, and lost two in the thaw for our FET, i can only just pray that this fighter of a embryo is around for the long run.

Ill be back when i feel i am pregnant, lol.

Good luck ladies for the u/s coming up.

spotty.

#17 Lorem ipsum

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

ohh good luck spotty, I hope to see you back in a few weeks when you are feeling more secure.  original.gif

Frogga, I haven't booked in anywhere yet eiter. I am waiting till after scan and seeing FS for the last time (hopefully!) He will give a referal. I think though if you want a specific private OB then you should make an appointment.

AFM a tiny bit more spotting last night. Almost identical to the day before (amount, cramps and time of day) but trying to think it is nothing. 5 days till scan,, noth that I am counting or anything wink.gif

#18 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hi preggies! Tounge1.gif

Frogga, hope you are not getting a cold or whatever!

Lorem, thanks so much for calculating! original.gif I hope the spotting goes away quick, it is scary having these sorts of symptoms, really testing esp when we dont know what is happening though baby is inside of us!

Spotty, replied you in another thread, great to hear your levels are going up up up!

AFM : DH has booked to see OB early March, we already had one OB in mind which we had to cancel the last time cos my 2nd pregnancy ended in early miscarriage. This time gonna believe mine is a sticky fighter too! I will go in for 2nd BT next Tues and then scan with my IVF facility early March.

Yesterday I felt this obvious lower backache that almost made me cry, I lost my mood completely but had to act ok in front of my 3 friends, one of whom suddenly announced she is 14 weeks pregnant. I did not share with them yet cos mine is still early so had to keep my excitement to myself and just focused on my pregnant friend but really the achy bothered me to hell. Fortunately it went away. I must say early pregnancy symptoms can really mimic pre-AF symptoms.

I told myself not to do undie watch, it is such a curse! The last time I did undie watch (it was so unconscious!!! IVF makes us paranoid!) and I really saw red and subsequently miscarried. So this time when I use the toilet, I kept looking at my BFP test strip placed on the shelf in front of me! Not going to dwell negatively. Haha!

#19 spottydog

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to update you girls, if anyone is around. My hcg today (48hrs after the last one) has more than doubled and my prog dropped again, my FN got me on pessaries, so its looking like i could be here for the long haul. I have booked in for my first scan in 2.5weeks, if i get there original.gif

Frogga, how long until your scan? Is this your first pregnancy/child?

I had PHI with DD and phoned OB right away but was told to call back after early pregnancy scan and book in then. THis time i have no private health insurance so ill just go to my GP after my first scan (fingers crossed) and go to the public midwifes at the local hospital.

Lorem, not long until your scan either? What about you is this your first pregnancy/child?

Mum2oneDS, EPS really do mimic period pain dont they? Cramps, back pains, but we just need to remind ourself of the posotive test and try keep our chin up. How old is yoyr DS? He was IVF too? How long did you try for him?

Where does everyone live?

I have had spotting every day, due to the progesterone being low, i hope the pessaries kick in soon and my spotting stops, this is hard work.

spotty.

#20 Frogga78

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hey spotty! Congrats on a good result! Am very happy that things are looking more solid!
Yep this is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect!!!
I haven't had any spotting but still getting cramps and myboobs seem to be bigger already - and sore! Fairly constant nausea, ESP yesterday but thankfully no vomiting. Also seem to have cold symptoms that come and go regularly.
My scan is on 28 feb. I'm 6 weeks today original.gif

I'm in Sydney, how about you?
Hope Lorem and mum are doing well!

#21 spottydog

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Frogga,

So you are going to have your scan after 8weeks? Thats good. I have booked in at 7w and 3d my FN yesterday said they can do them earlier but i dont want to risk not seeing a HB too early and having to wait another week for another scan.

Im still feeling pretty negative, i have cramping around my belly button today, but im hoping its all normal. WIth my pregnancy with DD i dont remember having so much cramping. Some brown spotting today, which atleast it isint red.

I am thinking of going for another BT Tuesday, so 4 days after i have started these pessaries, and 4 days from previous test. That way i will know whether to up the dose of them or not.

Its driving me crazy  feeling so negative, i wish i could just feel positive and not worry this much about the 2ww. Well the 6ww (from transfer until scan).

Anyway i should stop posting so much rubbish.

spotty.

#22 indigo~

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Tentatively joining you ladies, if that's ok. Very early days for me, and after 2 m/c already, I'm kinda waiting for the bad stuff to happen while also trying to think positively.

I'm 39, turning 40 in a couple of weeks (yikes!). Doing this crazy IVF ride solo, using donor sperm. Have had 9 stim cycles to get to this point, with prev losses at 5w6d and 8w4d.

Got my BFP on Monday with a nice strong line on a pee stick, then had BT on Wednesday (16dpo) with hcg of 596, then follow up BT on Friday (18dpo) with hcg of 1850. Those levels are way higher than I've had with prev pgs. Only had the one embryo transferred.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! (tho already know mum2oneds from the Low Ovarian Reserve BG, hi there!)

Spottydog, I'm so sorry you're having such a worrying time of things. The big positive is that your hcg levels are doubling nicely. I hope the prog support kicks in soon and that darn spotting stops for good. I am on crinone in the am and a pessary in the pm. No idea what my prog levels are because my clinic doesn't measure it. Please continue to post whatever helps! If we can't let the crazy out here, where can we?  original.gif

Even though I'm not even 5w yet, I've already booked in with my OB. She books up quickly, so didn't want to miss out. It was a bit embarrassing to be ringing up and booking in for the 3rd time. Yep, me again! Never did get to the first appt. And I've booked in for my 12w scan as well, as they also book up really fast and it's right on Easter.

Won't be going to see the FS now for viability scan till 7w, which feels like ages away and time is going slooooowwwwly. Symptoms so far are fatigue, bloating, reflux/heartburn and dizziness. Very occasional queasiness but nothing much.

#23 Frogga78

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Welcome indigo and congrats. Fx for a sticky, healthy pregnancy!

Spotty - you can post as much rubbish as you want!! Its funny but the journey is only beginning and makes the 2ww seem a breeze! I hope there's been no more spotting.

My scan is before 8 weeks - 7 weeks 3 days like yours.

Been feeling pretty blah all weekend which isn't fair now we've finally got some sunshine!

#24 Lorem ipsum

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Indigo Welcome, and congratulations! Hope that everything goes smoothly for you, and looking forward to chatting.

Spotty Sorry that you are still having a rough time, but great news about your hcg doubling, and hopefully the progesterone support does its thing. Post whatever you like too, getting it out can only help original.gif

Frogga Getting close to your scan now. Hope you are feeling better today. I'm in Melbourne, and this is my first pregnancy too.

Hi Mum2oneDS, hope all is well with you

AFM
Scan was today, and I am reallly happy to report that we saw one little bean, measuring just over 1cm with a heartbeat at 146 bpm. I was so worried the last few days (hence why I have not been around) and litlerally burst into tears when the sonographer said there is the baby and it's little heartbeat. The overwhelming feeling I am experiencing now is relief. I have an appointment with my FS on Wednesday, and I am assuming he will give me a referal. I am going to pop off to make some baked treats for him and my nurse original.gif

#25 spottydog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Great news on the HB, yah for you, our first true grad original.gif Thats awesome.

spotty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.