Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Molokai

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

Gold! biggrin.gif

HurryUpAlready - Good luck for tomorrow! Hope everything is favourable for you and we get news of your little one's arrival soon!

Jimbobmel - I'm trying to embrace the 'go with the flow' idea, too - I am not even sure I'll bother typing up my birth plan given my blood pressure issues.

Lady - thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for nose-blowing in underwear wink.gif

AFM - Ob tomorrow so I'll see what he thinks re induction, c-section etc (as I don't think baby's dropped at all). I hope he makes some kind of plan. I'm tired of just waiting around (for BP to increase, or baby to appear). Seems so unproductive!!

Edited by Molokai, 31 January 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#3 Mumof32b!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hi Everyone

HurryUpAlready good luck, can't wait to hear the happy news.

Molokai I have an OB apt tomorrow as well and am assuming he will advise on the best course of action given my due date is tomorrow.

Have had crampy pains on and off but nothing like the start of labour as I remember it with the boys,, my body just teasing me!

Hope we have some news from somebody soon!

#4 jimbobmel

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi ladies, was just checking in to see if hurryupalready had posted up any very important news..... I guess I'll have to keep waiting.......

Molokai & mumof32b- Hope all went well at OB appointment today!!

My feet are so itchy!!! I think I'm going to scratch them to pieces!!!
Anyhow, back to the cricket!!!

xxxxx

#5 Lady I

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hi ladies,

Yeap I keep checking for news too.  

Jimbobmel, I'd let your OB or midwife know about the itchy feet, see what they say.

My lower back is quite sore.  Bub is so lopsided!  

Come on little babies!  biggrin.gif

#6 Mumof32b!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

OB went well, did an internal and the cervix is soft and ready to go anytime.  Have had some cramping since and a little bleeding mostly old blood but nothing concrete.  I was a bit worried about baby's movements so we were monitored for a while but all is ok apparently.

Am booked in for induction next week if nothing happens before but my OB assures me he will see me soon!

Looking forward to hearing more updates.

#7 Molokai

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ob was fine. Well, apart from them not having my appointment in their books. Luckily he could squeeze me in.

My BP was normal - hooray! Pills are obviously working. He said baby is 2/5 (I think) engaged...so getting there, but not ready yet. He was happy with BP and wants to see me again on Tuesday, and he's not concerned about rushing to get bubs out. So I'll just take it as it comes.

I really don't want to go overdue - I'm completely paranoid about the placenta 'running out' and something happening to the baby - so I'd rather go early or on time, but equally I would prefer mother nature to take her course rather than an induction that my body's not ready for.

So, I'm back to sitting and waiting.

Hope to hear baby news soon! Come on little bubbas, its February now! original.gif

#8 BabySmurf2012

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hi girls!
Oh the waiting is so fun isn't it??  I'm really getting over it now..
Just a quick one from me... Still checking in regularly for any announcements, but it's so quiet?!
The night before last it was quite hot in Sydney (nothing like perth has been, so i shouldn't really be complaining!) and I barely slept at all.. The when I got up in the morning I also realized a had a shocking sore throat and blocked nose - totally unimpressed!   Luckily last night I slept much better and this tonight the sore throat is just about gone.  Kind of glad bub decided not to come early over that time, but really really ready for him now!!  original.gif
take care all

#9 HurryUpAlready

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hi ladies. I'm a mum!! Our little girl, Zara Amy, was born at 4.52pm Perth time today, 1/2/12.

She is lovely (of course I'd say that!) and is in her cot having a nap as I type.

I was induced with an epidural at about 8am and the OB broke my waters straight away. Contractions started pretty quickly, but I couldn't feel them straight away because if the epi. I let it wear off and used the fit ball for quite a while. Contractions were 2 min apart, about 30 sec duration and fairly painful when they topped the epi up just before midday. It only blocked half so i had pain on right side only for a few hours til they sorted it out.

At that point I was 4cm. They let me go til 4pm and checked again - 9cm that time. OB planned to come back at 5.30pm and try pushing, but the heart rate dropped with a few of the contractions so she got me to start pushing at about 4.30pm.  Baby's heart rate kept dropping as I pushed so she used the vacuum to pull as I pushed and next thing the baby was out! It was so easy!!

I cannot recommend the epi enough, it was such a breeze!!

So there you go, we have our little one and after every single person telling me it's a boy for months, we got quite a shock to see a little girl. Very happy though of course!

Hope you are all well and feeling ok. I should try to get some sleep I guess. Easier said than done, I can't stop looking at her.

Apologies for typos, I'm on the iPhone and it's hard to go back and check what I've written.

Take care everyone! Looking fwd to hearing your news.

xxx

#10 jimbobmel

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

CONGRATULATIONS hurryupalready!!!!!!!

I've been waiting to hear your news.....your a mummy, how surreal!

I can't believe it & a girl too! I love the name Zara, I bet it's just perfect for her!

You make it sound like you were so relaxed & it was all so easy.

Enjoy your first few days of your beautiful new baby girl  wub.gif wub.gif

Best wishes,
Mel xx

#11 Molokai

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

Congrats HurryUpAlready!! Baby Zara - how gorgeous! Good to hear it all went smoothly and you got a gorgeous little (surprise) girl!  wub.gif bbaby.gif  

Get some rest while you can, thanks for letting us know!

#12 BabySmurf2012

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Yippee! Baby news!!  Congrats hurryupalready!!
Awesome news, glad to hear the birth went well and your little girl is here safe and sound original.gif
Enjoy your newborn cuddles!!

#13 ReadySetRace

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Congratulations Hurryup already!!!!  Love the name Zara - its on our short list too and is DD2's fav!  Enjoy your newborn cuddles, so happy for you.

So where are all these Feb bubs???  Still waiting here too.

Saw midwife yesterday, I'm 2 cm, all "favourable" just need head to go down another 2cm so was told to do some walking and also to get on all 4s - so have been gardening!  So tiring. Also lost my mucous plug last night - first one I've seen in 3 pregnancies LOL.

I asked about induction but likely date would be Feb 21 - so far away!  Was told I shouldn't need to wait that long though.

Good luck everybody, bring on the babies!!

#14 Molokai

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

DrSeuss congrats on favourable status!! biggrin.gif Wish I was! 2cm is good news but yes, 21 Feb sounds so far away. Hope the gardening helps. I read that swimming with a kickboard helps so I'm off to the pool with my little kickboard today to try and bring him down (I guess the same theory as being on all fours).

Good luck!

#15 jimbobmel

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Ooh doctorseuess, that does sound promising!! I don't think that we will end up meeting in hospital after all!! Hopefully things happen for you very soon!! I'm almost getting excited about losing my mucous plug hahaha!

I have been thinking of going to the pool myself and doing some laps Molokai. Let me know if you think it works!

However, today I am painting bedroom & cupboard doors. I decided that I was sick of being bored and to get off my butt & do something! Although I did do my grocery shopping online this morning  blush.gif

We need more baby news.... Very soon!!

Thinking of you girls
Mel xx

#16 Mumof32b!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Yay HurryUpALready and welcome Zara, gorgeous name.

Good to hear others updates, AFM I am pretty sure I am in early labour, period type cramping pains and a little bleeding which is the plug coming away I think.

Anyway boys are at school, DH is doing some work and is on his way home, is just a waiting game now to see if things progress, might give the midwives a call in a bit see what they say, you would think I would know this being the 3rd one!

It is so humid here today I can't wait to be in a nice airconditioned hospital!!

#17 Molokai

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Another one!! biggrin.gif It's going to be raining babies!! Good luck Mumof32b!

#18 Mumof32b!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Thanks Molokai, contractions 5min apart but only lasting for 30sec and I can talk through so have rung the hospital and they are happy for me to labour at home for a bit and go in when they are lasting for longer.

Am going to get in the shower now, that really helped last time.

#19 jimbobmel

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Ooh, this is getting exciting! Best wishes for a speedy labour mumof32b. Can't wait to hear the arrival news.

Mel xx

#20 HurryUpAlready

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the warm wishes girls! Zara us doing well - still very sleepy at the moment so she has barely fed.

So excited for you Mumof32b... Can't wait to hear the news!!! Will check back in later for updates.

In the meantime, happy swimming / painting etc girls, hope it works! For what it's worth, I had acupuncture done to try to help the baby engage and used the accupressure points at home that  I was shown. Have no idea if it worked but she did drop, so who knows.

Also, I was taking Evening Primrose Oil for the last few weeks, both orally and vaginally (I put a capsule "up there" each night) which is meant to help the cervix soften. Again, who knows if it helped... but it certainly didn't hurt!!

Take care.

xxx

#21 Lady I

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

Congratulations hurryupalready, Zara Amy is a gorgeous name.  Glad to hear all went fairly smoothly.  Mumof32b, I expect we won't be hearing from you for a few days as baby comes.  Good luck with it all.

Jimbobmel, did you see my post about the itchy feet.  I remember that when my friend mentioned this to her OB he found it an important piece of info.  She had other things going on as well but better to be safe. I'm sure all if fine.

How wonderful to have a surprise for the gender.  DH wanted to find out what bub was, pregnancy being so focused on the mum that I thought yeah sure why not.  I would have gone for a surprise but it has been good to know and prepare.  Hurryupalready it sounds like your doing fabulously!

Happy Pushing!

#22 ReadySetRace

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Wow how exciting mum2b3!!!!!  Thinking of you. I thought today was a great date for a birthday!  

Come out babies!!

#23 lizzylizzy

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

I am so excited to read all these posts... ,my internet has been down.... Welcome beautiful baby Zara!!! Such exciting news.,.....and a beautiful name.....

So who is next? Mum of 32b- soudns like you are the contender.. best of luck and can not wait to hear your happy news....

I am so keen to get things started.... alas still carrying very high... The ob said she will induce me on 13th if nothing happens by then,.... feels so far away when it is really only around the corner,,,,,

Googled natural induction methods a while ago, no magic cure it seems but acupuncture and semen seem to have the best results ( of course when administered appropriately- do not get them mixed up!)

Am trying really hard not to 'wish' this time away but it is getting difficult not too...

Have the tel calls started for you all? i find that if i do not asnwer my phone it causes a slight panic!!! but lovely to know that people care.

Hope you all have a lovely day and that those twinges and pains stay longer of you feel ready for it!!!!!

Lizzy Lizzy

#24 *Lovemybabies*

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

wub.gif Our February 2012 DIG Arrivals wub.gif
bbabyflip.gif babyboy.gif babygirl.gif bbabyflip.gif  

~ November 2011 ~

Username: OsMummy
Arrived: 14th November @ 3.24pm & 3.26pm (27+1)
Name: Charlize Ersilia and Lucia Vera
Weight: 749g and 802g
Length: ?
HC: ?

Username: Shtinky
Arrived: 18th November @ 4.10pm (28+2)
Name: Scarlett Audrey and Jemima Jennifer
Weight: 1190g and 960g

~ December 2011 ~

Username: CoffeeRock
Arrived: 30th December
Name: Stella Grace
Weight: 2.3kg

Username: Sallyh99
Arrived: 31st December (34+4)
Name: Charlotte Alice and Darcy Anthony
Weight: 4lb 9oz and 4lb 9oz

~ January 2012 ~

Username: Kyla22
Arrived: 1st January @ 7:25pm (31+6)
Name: Flynn James
Weight: 1.88kg
Length: 45cm

Username: MrsW87
Arrived: 27th January @ 12:03pm
Name: Harrison James
Weight: 7lb 5oz
Length: 49cm

~ February 2012 ~

Username: HurryUpAlready
Arrived: 1st February @ 4:52pm
Name: Zara Amy
Weight: ?

~ Angel Babies ~
"Even though your stay was short, you left an indelible footprint on our hearts"

Charlize Ersilia
14/11/11 - 15/11/11

Edited by *Lovemybabies*, 03 February 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#25 *Lovemybabies*

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hi girls,

Sorry for being MIA - am sick of being pregnant and just don't have much energy to post, but I am reading daily and thinking of you all.

Have updated the arrivals list and posted in here too. Will endeavour to stay on top of it daily so no bubs' are missed on the list.

Bellyrubs & labour vibes to all still pregnant (me included!) and baby cuddles for those already here!

Good luck everyone (:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.