Bronze!!!

#5 emso

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

BOOBIES!

#6 LittleListen

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

The Endurance Team

"When you get to the top of the mountain, keep climbing."

Welcome to the Endurance Team! We are a group of ladies who have been doing the hard yards while waiting for our first miracles. Most of us have been trying for 12 months or more and we have been through every up and down imaginable. If you have endured this journey far longer and harder than you ever intended, you are most welcome here for support, a shoulder and most importantly, hope.

Name: Satay Chicken
Enduring Since: On my 22 cycle
The Facts
Currently doing final testing
Presumed NK cell / implantation issues
MTHFR positve

Name: Mish75
Enduring Since:April 2010
The Facts
Lap : May 2011 Endo and cyst removed
DF: Low Sperm Count - Further testing
Currently under FS at RWH in Melb next
Appt 27/2/12

Name: Eyes (eyesabove)
Enduring Since:May 2009
The Facts
PCOS
Starting clomid any day now

Name: Mia
Enduring since: September 2009
The Facts:
Lap September 2011, some endo found and removed, but has left scarring
FS recommends IVF- Maybe in 2012?
Trying a natural and holistic approach for the next 6 months

Name: Ali (Ali88)
Enduring Since:July 2010
The Facts: Lap - Nov 2009 Endo (mild) removed
Otherwise, both DH & I "normal"
Acupuncture/Herbs since June 2011
FS appointment booked for 31.01.2012, not sure what I hope to gain from it....

Name: Skoki
Enduring since: April 2010
The facts:
HyCoSy identified uterine polyp, but no other issues.
lap in July. No endo. Polyp removed. DH all clear.

Name: hoping4bubs
Enduring Since: Aug 2008
The Facts: No reason for inferility. HYCOSY showed all clear. DH has good sperm count.
3rd round of clomid 100mg, will give 1 more month to try and the IVF clinic appointment mid March.

Name: Sarah(Kate)
Enduring since: Nov 2009
The Facts: Tried for about 6 months before seeing a naturopath, diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis and underactive thyroid. Spent about a year getting that under control and body temps and ovulation etc all normal. Spent another 6 months trying before seeing a FS earlier this year. DH has excellent swimmers but a laporoscopy revealed I have one blocked tube. Starting IVF Oct 2011.

Name: Scruff
Enduring since: February 2010
The Facts: Lap August 2011; cyst and endo removed. high-ish FSH, low progesterone, AMH 8.8
DH: low morphology (2%)
Initially did not want to pursue any form of AC, fortunately, 5 months later, had a change of heart and will give IVF a crack.
IVF/ICSI - Feb 2012

Name: leebec
Enduring since: September 2010
The Facts: diagnosed PCOS after MMC. 6 months OI. 1 round IVF and 1 round of IVF ICSI. 7 frozen from that round. FET #1 Jan 2012 - 2 embies back in.

Name: Bigwoo
Enduring since: August 2010
Unexplained infertility. Bloods, AMH, SA all clear. First FS appointment Oct 2011. Polypectomy December 2011. New FS Feb 2012..

Name: Thalandria
TTC Since - Dec 2010
The Facts -
Not really any to speak of so far. Just about to start the journey with the doctors testing and then FS. No medical reason that we know of so far.

Name: Emso
Enduring since: Dec 2010
The Facts: Dh has no sperm. Me AMH of 7. back to FS feb 6th. Need testicular biopsy for DH and IVF simultaneously. Hoping for sperm to be found. IVF to begin in Mar 2012

Friends of the Family (taking time out)
Name: Betts (bettinae)
Name: Gaia
Name: Felix

Recent Grads
Curious Chicken

Edited by eyesabove, 04 February 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#7 Kate128

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Emso, love your unmistakably loud boobies!!!!!

Am doing FET tomorrow at 7.45 Brissie time, so think of me gals. I really hope the double valium helps. Went to ballet class tonight to get my mind off it. If I think about it I feel sick with nerves. I wish they would just knock me out already!!

Leebec how are you doing, transfer yesterday right?

Anyway I will be in touch....

Eyes do you want us to post our little blurbs for a list or will you trawl back? hmm...

#8 LittleListen

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Sarah - I trawled!! Had to go back a bit and find the list, its very out of date - took out what I knew. Everything crossed for you for tomorrow hun. Just breathe through it original.gif

Can everyone please update their bio in a post or send me a PM? Thanks beautiful girls!  Oh and there are a few of us missing so please let me know if you need to be added.

Edited by eyesabove, 26 January 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#9 hoping4bubs

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Thinking of u tomorrow Sarah x
Leebec, how u going?
Eyes should search back and post the list in my first post?
How was everyone's Australia day? Bugger most of us would have work tomorrow, 4 day long weekend would have been nice.
Mine was good, lots of food, not a day goes by though I don't think about babies, I also think I'm strong but that all changes when I see a preggers belly or a happy child & mummy playing and laughing, my heart aches enormously to have that. I keep being told ONE DAY, don't strew it'll happy ONE DAY, well nows a good a time as any, why am I being made to wait =(

#10 hoping4bubs

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Oops I post at that same time as u eyes

The Facts: No reason for inferility. HYCOSY showed all clear. DH has good sperm count.
Mid way through 3rd round of clomid, will give it 1 more cycle, if all fails I've got an IVF clinic appointment mid March.

Edited by hoping4bubs, 26 January 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#11 LittleListen

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Snap - Hoping!!  I've changed the info for you darl original.gif

I'll make the list pretty again tomorrow on the big computer.

Leebs - congrats on being PUPO! Thinking of you original.gif

Watching City of Angels. Why do I do this to myself - this movie makes me bawl everytime!!

AFM: waiting for AF so I can start clomid. Should be here within the week.

#12 emso

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Sarah (kate) - Gotta love boobies... maybe thats the path i'll take if i can't have babies wink.gif hahah

Leebs - hands.gif for sticky dicsi and tricsi biggrin.gif

Eyes - add me to the list finally

Name: Emso
Enduring since: Dec 2010
The Facts:  Dh has no sperm. Me  AMH of 7. back to FS feb 6th. Need testicular biopsy for DH and IVF simultaneously. Hoping for sperm to be found. IVF to begin in Mar 2012

Edited by emso, 26 January 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#13 leebec

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

Eyes - thanks for doing the list.

I'm off today. I don't go back till Monday so have had a 5 day week. I don't give a crap about work, what's happening or checking email. That is not good when I'm there for the forseeable future.

Sarah - good luck today.

I'm going ok. A bit crampy yesterday and the nausea was on and off. We didn't do anything just stayed home.

Eyes - for the list:

The Facts: diagnosed PCOS after MMC. 6 months OI. 1 round IVF and 1 round of IVF ICSI. 7 frozen from that round. FET #1 Jan 2012 - 2 embies back in.

#14 Bigwoo

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

thanks eyes. I can't send PMs for some reason

Bigwoo
Unexplained infertility. Bloods, AMH, SA all clear. First FS appointment Oct 2011. Polypectomy December 2011. New FS Feb 2012.

We threw a bbq yesterday for ozday, and I got deeeeRUNK. I just don't care about monitoring what I drink anymore as I know it isnt going to get me UTD. Bad attitude I know but based on fact. We'll just wait and see what new FS has to say end of feb. anyway, I'm off to nurse my hangover.

I'm in 2ww with a bunch of you ladies. FX for all the embies baking away. I really hope this is your month. We need a BFP to keep us going!

#15 Ali88

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi Ladies,

Day off for DH and I today, so a 4 day weekend is happening original.gif

Eyes, thank you for doing the list!

Update:

Name: Ali (Ali88)
Enduring Since:July 2010
The Facts: Lap - Nov 2009 Endo (mild) removed
Otherwise, both DH & I "normal"
Acupuncture/Herbs since June 2011
FS appointment booked for 31.01.2012, not sure what I hope to gain from it....

Sarah, thinking of you for your transfer! I hope it doesn't hurt hun.

Leebec, I hear you re work   wacko.gif

Skoki, I am still doing acupuncture  original.gif . Sorta fell off during Chrissy, but she recommended I take a break and also in November (post m/c) I just couldn't stomach the herbs so I barely took them. But I am back into the swing of things this month and booked in to see her every fortnight and occasionally one extra one in the month if required. And I am drinking the herbs again which is a gold star for me haha. She is fabulous, I don't have a bad thing to say about her (of course I wish I was Pregnant now) but I understand alternative therapies do take a little while to make changes but those changes will be more permanent when they do happen. FX!

Eyes how are you feeling about starting clomid?

AFM nothing different...I think I am around day 16 (??) but since DH is doing my charts I am not too sure, but seeing FS on Tuesday so I am sure I will find out exactly where I am then because we will have to talk about it haha. But hopefully after than appointment I may be able to forget again and therefore not be on AF watch from day 26!

Also, for those ladies who have seen an FS....are you able to let me know what we can probably expect from the appointment (considering 6 mths ago DH did a sperm test via his GP, and I did all the blood tests, hormone tests, hycosy etc about 8 months ago via my GP has well)?

xxx

QUOTE (Bigwoo @ 27/01/2012, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks eyes. I can't send PMs for some reason

Bigwoo
Unexplained infertility. Bloods, AMH, SA all clear. First FS appointment Oct 2011. Polypectomy December 2011. New FS Feb 2012.

We threw a bbq yesterday for ozday, and I got deeeeRUNK. I just don't care about monitoring what I drink anymore as I know it isnt going to get me UTD. Bad attitude I know but based on fact. We'll just wait and see what new FS has to say end of feb. anyway, I'm off to nurse my hangover.

I'm in 2ww with a bunch of you ladies. FX for all the embies baking away. I really hope this is your month. We need a BFP to keep us going!

Bigwoo, ditto on all fronts! x

#16 Thalandria

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hi Everyone

Hope you all had a great day off yesterday. I know I did. Nice and relaxing.  biggrin.gif

Info for you Eyes:
TTC Since - Dec 2010
The Facts -
Not really any to speak of so far. Just about to start the journey with the doctors testing and then FS. No medical reason that we know of so far.

Emso - Love the shout out to boobies. Made me lol.  laughing2.gif

AFM - Just waiting for AF to turn up. Up to CD 30 now so any day now.

Australia day was great. DH and I didn't do much as was a pretty bad day weather wise. I did manage to get in the pool for a quick Australia Day swim although it was freezing after all of the rain we have had (in south Brisbane). We ended up playing computer games (yes we are both pretty much nerds). But it was very relaxing.

#17 Kate128

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Eyes, thanks so much for doing the list - such a lovely girl! - three cheers for you! xxx

Ali, after my first FS appt I had to do a whole gamut of blood tests, even ones I had done recently with GP and QML. They like to do their own 'more accurate' ones i think!

Thanks so much for your well wishes girls. I had the alarm set for 4.55am so I could stick a pessary in and have it dissolved before I had to get up at 5.45. Unfortunately I woke up pretty alertly at 3.40am. Stayed awake for an hour then did the pessary early. Felt fine at home until I had to take the Val etc at 6.45 and then I got the shakes. Did the meditation cd in the car, that helped. I was sorely disappointed with the val, I thought it would make me quite dopey and take away the sick nervousness, but all it did was make me slightly dizzy and unable to hold in the tears. They led me into the room and I was crying already, felt like a mess. Fs was lovely though. Used the scanner to find out why it hurt so much last time, turns out my uterus shapes up and so the catheter went POKE into the back of it. So this time, it was a bit painful at the start but then was corrected pretty quickly, and overall it was much better.

The two embies put back in were great apparently - one at morulla stage and one at 8 cell. But they had to defrost 6 to end up with the two. So we have 7 left now.

If this doesn't work I will be investigating the autoimmune side of things more insistently as my thyroid antibodies are still a bit higher than they should be.

Leebs - know how you feel not caring about work. I have two voicemails here I know I should listen to but honestly cannot be a**ed. Maybe later today. Whatever. Really feel like going out for a (decaf!) coffee but can't be bothered either. It's boring at home alone, I guess I'm lonely now too.  sad.gif

what movie next....

#18 AmberSpark

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hello Ladies.....

here are my updates:
Name: Mish75
Enduring Since:April 2010
The Facts
Lap : May 2011 Endo and cyst removed
DF: Low Sperm Count - Further testing
Currently under FS at RWH in Melb next
Appt 27/2/12

#19 hoping4bubs

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

All those girls who had today off, all I can say is LUCKY YOU (insert jealousy here LOL)

Sarah - Wow today sounded like it went pretty good. The early start would have been a killer, glad you get the whole weekend to just relax. Don't think about what ifs, stay positive and I'll be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Thalandria - waiting for AF is the worst isn't it. I hope she turns up soon (or not) and you can get stuck into the next cycle.

Ali - I think your hubby is doing a great job keeping your cycle away from you this month, I would probably have begged to know by now or cheated and keep track on my own, control freak much LOL
My FS did all the tests again and had a few more tests ordered that were relevant to me and my hubby. Then went from there. Maybe discuss drug options?

Bigwoo - Sounds like you had a tops day yesterday. I'm the same about drinking. Sometimes I don't want to and sometimes I think oh well I've missed out in the past and NOT been preggers so whats 1 drink gonna do if I am by some miracle this cycle. I just feel at ease that your bubba doesn't start taking from you until about 6 weeks, so a few drinks before you find out isn't going to hurt. Thats how I feel today LOL might not be the same tomorrow LOL I say enjoy life as much as you can, life is difficult enough for us LTTC'ers

Leebec - seriously wouldn't worry about work either, take some time to relax. I'll be thinkin of you too and have everything crossed for you xxx

Eyes - sucks your waiting for AF but at least you have a plan of attack next cycle. What dosage of Clomid you starting on?
Can you please also add my name into my little blurb - its Kylie original.gif

Mish  - **** waves **** Hi hun

Hi to everyone - thinking of each and every one of you and hoping all is well xxxx

AFM - CD20 / 5dpo (i think) - trying my hardest not to concentrate on any "symtoms!" - just going with the flow, although been feeling very crampy this arvo, like AF is coming. Who knows whats going on. TWW SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 LittleListen

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for your updates so far ladies - all done  cclap.gif

Hoping that next time there's a full list edit it will be to take a few (or most!) of us off there altogether!!

Sarah - WELL DONE! you got through it - even if it was a bit wobbly, and now they know what cause the pain you can at least have that added to your notes. Hope that your little embies are sleeping soundly in there. What have you got planned for your 2WW?

Thal - glad you had a relaxing day off, I did too original.gif

Ali - thanks for asking  blush.gif I know many of you have been through it before but its all new for me. Still trying to work out how to keep it from my work colleagues. I can choose my own hours at work, so the tests should be fine. But I'm a very even tempered person and I'm worried the clomid will make me feel crap and people will notice a change. In child care people are always trying to hide being pg, so I'm worried they will all assume I am UTD and be talking about it behind my back... no use worrying about it till it happens though. I alternate between being really excited to be actively doing something and being terrified it won't work... just holding out for AF now.. all I can do is try and see how it goes.
About your app, the will likely take med history, go through test results that you take with you (either take a copy from your GP or have your GP send them over - they don't do it automatically). They'll order any further tests that have been missed and then explain treatment options. For us, they assumed we wanted to start asap, but we just wanted more info. They said come back when you are ready (which took 14 months!). This time round a treatment plan was drawn up and then details for the nursing clinic were given so we could set up appointments and that was it. We mostly had questions about the risks etc, as we had been thinking through that. (I think emso posted an excellent list of q's to ask a few threads back, maybe trawl back and find it?). That was about it really. Given that you have had endo, they might want to look in to that again?  All the best for Tuesday!!

Leebs - thinking of you - rest easy !

Big woo - par-tae girl!! I agree, gotta live life through all this eh?

Hi to Satay, Mia, Mish, Scruff, Hoping, emso (not long now hun hheart.gif), and the rest of the ET. waves.gif

Off to dinner with my friend who is starting IVF soon. Hopefully we can keep it light,a little teary today (probably AF on the way woohoo!!)

Edited by eyesabove, 27 January 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#21 hoping4bubs

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Eyes - we did it again, sorry hun, we posted at pretty much the same time LOL

Have a nice dinner x

#22 LittleListen

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hehehe Hoping  - we must have very similar schedules! The dreaded TWW is the worst - maybe take up knitting to relieve the tension? (seriously had someone suggest this to deal with stress!!!)

I'm on the 25mg dose to start with. Hopefully that will be enough to do the trick. Because of the PCOS I'm at risk of hypersensitivity to the drug so low dose to start and then FSH triggers after that if it doesn't work.

My friend was really encouraging last night (was feeling so flat by the time I got there). It was great to see someone on this journey IRL and for them to be so positive to was great. A bit of a soul lift!

What's everyone up to for the weekend? I'm keeping house... again. And making lactation cookies for my friend who had the little bub a couple of weeks ago...

#23 Kate128

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hiya all,

Eyes and Hoping, thanks for your congrats yesterday! Yeah I did it!! Feel much better about it all this time around. Last time I cramped all day afterwards, this time I am fine. So I guess it's all much more relaxed. DH keeps laughing and telling me how confused the scientist was when she was telling me about the embies - he says probably most people are HAPPY to be there and I was zombied out and crying. I didn't feel zombied out but he said I was talking very slowly and reacting very slowly!!

Eyes - it's right about knitting - it is very therapeutic I find, coz it's repetitive, so it's quite soothing. But I usually knit in winter....in Brissie it's hot and wet and muggy. Ugh. But, it will keep my wandering fingers away from looking up anything on Google so maybe I will take it up again! The only problem is that the only thing I can make is a scarf. !!!! Well I suppose I can make another scarf. Maybe another for my mum ha ha ha.

I was meant to start my part-time job (teaching at a school) on Monday but it's been postponed until the next week YAY!!!! coz their timetables are such a mess this year. Sorely disappointed about that as you can tell!! But I do need to get ready to start my main job which starts the week afer as well. So I guess/hope the 2WW will go fairly quickly.

Eyes your friend last night sounded so lovely and perfect, so glad you got that lift. And cookies!! You go girl!

Hi to Leebs, Emso, Scruff, Skoki, Ali, Bigwoo, Thalandria (talking of computer games, I have just reinstalled Age of Empires on my laptop!!!), Mia, and the rest of the team. xxx

#24 scruff101

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hi all,

Haven't really been posting but I have been reading.

leebec & Sarah - hope your embies are setting up camp and will stick around for the long haul! Thinking of you both  hheart.gif hheart.gif  

mish - loved your wedding photos.  You look absolutely gorgeous!  Thank you so much for sharing.  I loved your dress (though I am a little bit biased in saying that as my wedding dress was very similar - lace coat over a plain strapless dress, but my sleeves were long)

hoping - I can related to your "5dpo feels like af is on the way" as I just had exactly the same thing yesterday!  Jeez our bodies sure know how to troll us...lol

Ali - your DH may need to do another SA which is more in-depth.  The one done through the GP only gives basic info about your DH's sperm.  Have you had an ultrasound?  
In my first appointment with my specialist (I'll take my gyno to be my first specialist), I was asked a heap of questions about my period - how long is each cycle, how long is my lp, do I know if I ovulate, etc.  Also, how long we have been trying - that kind of thing.  All bloods, ultrasounds, SAs were done under her.  Then we got referred to a FS for ivf where the only outstanding blood test was an AIDS test - oh and another SA for DH was organised.  I'm not sure if any of this has been of any help to you Ali, as our paths to pregnancy are all slightly different  original.gif .

AFM - I have my first nurse interview/appointment on Feb 1st (this Wednesday) where I'll get all my drugs and have explained to me what exactly I need to do.  AF not due until a day or so later, so this time next week I'll probably be jabbing  ohmy.gif .  Yesterday I was 5 or 6 dpo and I had cramping like af was about to show.  I became really worried that af would show before the 1st and I would have to delay yet another cycle.  To be honest, I'm starting to get really paranoid about the whole thing.  Jeez, I'm such a worry wart!
I'll be back later to provide an update for me on the list...

Hello to mia, eyes, satay, bigwoo, emso, thalandria (can I shorten it to thal?), gaia and the rest of the team  waves.gif

#25 Satay Chicken

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

Morning!  Hope everyone is ok today and good luck to those starting a cycle in the next few days / weeks...

Just a quick one from  me - BFN at 12dpo so i'm out.  I've hit the wall and just seriously don't know how I can keep doing this.  This past cycle was perfect in every way, early O, great temps, great timing, TCM and Acu - but still a BFN.  It's stupid really because even if I did get a BFP I most likely would have lost it anyway.

I'm feeling like I want to move on today - I'm so completely and utterly over this, it's like a black cloud hanging over me, has been for over two years.  

So sorry for being a downer....  sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

WIN two Sea-Bands plus $1000

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band Prize Pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos Gift Card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.