Survivor One World (US Pace)
Hopefully this one doesn't suck

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#51 Cheryl_v

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

OK I found it.  It's basically Jonas (the chef) eating and talking about food.  He sounds like Boston Rob but more of a foodie Tounge1.gif  

Ponderosa 1
Ponderosa 2 & 3

#52 Scootaloo

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

Thanks Cheryl, I am going to watch them now.

Jen

#53 senimili

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

I was very surprised at who they voted out. Jonas was a good provider and they could have used that a few more. I though Leif was the more physical threat of that tribe but guessing behind the scenes Jonas must have been a bigger strategic threat. Cause I never really saw him coming up with strategy orw
Working people. Jonas kept quietly following Colton and that kind of bugged me.

How crazy is Tarzan? He should go soon because he cannot be trusted to keep anything a secret, he blurts it all out at tribal.

#54 Cheryl_v

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Of the people on the chopping block I think either Leif or Jonas would have been fair game.  They were in what seems to be a fairly tight alliance and the rest of that tribe were not really allied at all.  Despite what we might think of Leif I can see that the other team would be seeing him as less of a threat than Jonas purely due to his size, just like Survivors always seem to assume older = deadweight in challenges even when they prove themselves more physically able than some of the younger ones.  Now that Jonas is gone Leif is likely to go next unless somehow the guys manage to pull together a guy alliance but given that Tarzan is, well, Tarzan I can't see that happening.  Even though he's probably completely annoying to live with he's a great person to keep around for an easy choice to vote out later down the track.

#55 Scootaloo

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

It looks like the girls are going to pull together next ep too, so I reckon the boys could all be on the chopping block soon.

Finally, we get a season that is actually enjoyable biggrin.gif

Jen

#56 Cheryl_v

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

That was good. This really is a season with some strategy (and some stupid play by Chelsea) with a few people who seem to know what they are doing. Tarzan though, that guy is a complete space cadet.

Interesting to see Leif knew who to vote out, we really don't get to see much of him so he probably isn't going much further but he's gotten a lot further than I expected when he was first introduced.  Next week it looks like Kim's been found out as the person calling the shots so it could get very dirty from here on out.

#57 Scootaloo

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Cheryl_v @ 05/04/2012, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tarzan though, that guy is a complete space cadet.

Wouldn't you love to have him as your surgeon?  I can't imagine that doing this will do him any favours professionally, there is no way I would want him touching me.  

This is the best season we have had for ages, the are really playing the game.  I agree about Leif, he is a non player in terms of how much camera time he gets but clearly in involved enough to know what is really going on.

Smart move from the women to band together, they have some power now and if they fall for the guys tricks next ep they are just silly, although it looks like are targeting Cat so that could be a slam dunk for them

What did you think of the slide??  How much fun would that have been.

Jen

#58 Jen1

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Excellent the girl's came together, although not all of them.  Christina and Alicia voted for Tarzan.  It is good to see some strategy definitely this season.

Jen, that slide looked so steep, I would have been a bit scared going down that one!!

#59 Cheryl_v

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Ponderosa 1
Ponderosa 2

Wow Jeff is short original.gif

Edited by Cheryl_v, 06 April 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#60 Scootaloo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Cheryl_v @ 06/04/2012, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ponderosa 1
Ponderosa 2

Wow Jeff is short original.gif

Thanks Cheryl  biggrin.gif

Jen

#61 Scootaloo

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

BUMP!

Go the girls, I wonder wether any of the boys will be able to swing them away from the all girls alliance or not.  I see that Tarzan seems to be in with the girls too, I am guessing that they have realised that it would be a smart move to drag him along to the finale as he most likely wouldn't ice up votes from the jury.

Jen

#62 Cheryl_v

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Yeah I think Tarzan is totally this season's goat. I think he's just there for votes until F4 to help them get rid of Alicia, Christina and Cat so the final 3 can be Chelsea/Kim/Sabrina.  He's smart enough to know they are using him but conceited enough to think it's for a different reason.

Really, if Kim doesn't win the editing is all wrong.  The people being voted out seem overall likely to congratulate good play rather than take it super personally and the stuff with Chelsea today looks like foreshadowing that she won't win because she made promises she had to break.

#63 Scootaloo

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I agree Cheryl, Kim is my pick for the win at this stage too.  She is, so far, showing to be a very smart player.

Jen

#64 Cheryl_v

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Ponderosa 1
Ponderosa 2

There can't be much happening at Ponderosa, only 2 eps for the last two weeks and all they seem to do is talk about food.  One thing I noticed is that Jay reminds me a lot of JT, they have fairly similar accents.  It's just that Jay's social game wasn't as strong as JT's and of course he didn't have a Stephen to help him.

#65 Scootaloo

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Oh goodness Troy (I refuse to call him Troyzan) is losing it, the producers must be loving him this season.

I think there was a chance tonight to make quite a power play and change the game completely and Christina and Alicia should have gone with the remaining men.  If they played along to Troy's plan they could have gotten to the end with him and you can guarantee that no one on the jury would vote for him as they all seem to hate him.  He even had issues with the  guys already voted out.  But silly girls will realise too late that they do sit at the bottom when it is too late.

Nice to see the Survivor auction back, we haven't had it for a few seasons, I wonder if Sprint are not sponsors anymore as the message from home usually come via a sprint phone.

Jen

Edited by Scootaloo, 19 April 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#66 Cheryl_v

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I don't think it was entirely Alicia and Christina's fault, I think Tarzan would have been a large part of why the votes didn't go the way Troy wanted them to.  The editors' storyline for this season is quite dull, there are really no surprises in any episode and they haven't managed to find a really good narrator for the season either.  I suspect that's because the best narrator would be Kim but if she's going to win they can't have her narrating.  If Colton hadn't had Bill voted off he would have made a really good narrator.

Overall I would have to say this is a better season than the last two have been but it's still not a great season.  They have to do better in casting than this.

#67 SarDonik

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

How stupid is Tarzan!? Its obvious there is a girl alliance who are voting off the guys one by one and he votes for leif!? They could have voted kim out with just 3 votes! Well it would have been a draw. He doesn't seem to care whether he gets voted off or not.

Edited by SarDonik, 23 April 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#68 Cheryl_v

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

I don't think it's that Tarzan doesn't care if he gets voted off, I think he's trying to be the literal last man standing and hoping the other guys on the jury vote for him for that reason.  It worked for Chris in Survivor Vanuatu after all.  The difference is that other people like Chris, no-one seems to really like or respect Tarzan.

#69 Mummy Duck

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Ponderosa used to be this fantastic 'reward' flash hotel etc. I would be so not impressed with the tents and recreation shed.

#70 Scootaloo

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Mummy Duck @ 23/04/2012, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ponderosa used to be this fantastic 'reward' flash hotel etc. I would be so not impressed with the tents and recreation shed.

I think it depends on the location, my guess is that they do the best the can depending on how remote the location is. Some areas may not have a local hotel etc that they can utilise, so it has to be tents.  Some seasons do get a pretty good ride though, don't they?

Jen

#71 steppy

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Tarzan is miscalculating - nobody is going to vote for an annoying plastic surgeon to win $1 million. If they don't like the final 3 much it almost always turns into biggest sob story wins. "Help me I'm a plastic surgeon" isn't going to cut it.

#72 SarDonik

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Cheryl_v @ 23/04/2012, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it's that Tarzan doesn't care if he gets voted off, I think he's trying to be the literal last man standing and hoping the other guys on the jury vote for him for that reason.  It worked for Chris in Survivor Vanuatu after all.  The difference is that other people like Chris, no-one seems to really like or respect Tarzan.

Possibly, but he hasn't really done much to protect himself.. if Troy goes next, then he will be after him. But all he has to do is start working Christina & Alicia. Because after the guys go, those two will be gone next. And they would have to be stupid to not realise that. This season has been pretty disappointing as there haven't been any really street wise, savvy players. You look at someone like Russell or Rob, those guys were working 24/7 on developing solid alliances, constantly adapting their game plan as people got voted off. This season, there are no strong players, no real solid alliances.

#73 franklet

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Why are none of these people likable?

I just can't barrack for anyone. I simply don't care about them enough.

#74 SarDonik

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (steppy @ 23/04/2012, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tarzan is miscalculating - nobody is going to vote for an annoying plastic surgeon to win $1 million. If they don't like the final 3 much it almost always turns into biggest sob story wins. "Help me I'm a plastic surgeon" isn't going to cut it.

Yeah good point. I don't think he really cares about winning, he seems as though he just wanted to appear on Survivor. You get some contestants that appear like they are fighting for their lives, just to avoid getting voted off, he's really ambivalent as are quite a few others.

Why are none of these people likable?

I just can't barrack for anyone. I simply don't care about them enough.

yup, I feel the same. I think part of the problem, is the way in which the producers of the show choose the contestants. Rather than going for interesting people, people that will entertain, compete, extroverts etc they have chosen people because they are attractive, their occupation or whatever. I mean would Lief have made the show if he wasn't a dwarf? He's as dull as dishwater! And hardly any of them seem competitive, remember players like Rob, Ozzy etc they were so determined in challenges, half the players are just ... meh... Troy being the exception. Even Jay, when his head was on the chopping block, opted out of the challenge so he could have beer n pizza, then got voted off.... would Ozzy have done that!?

#75 Cheryl_v

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Poor deluded Kat - "I don't want people to think I'm not running this game".  Why not?  You aren't!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.