AC Grads - Due June, July, August 2012

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#76 maelstrom

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hope the birthday party went well k10. I can't even imagine planning and hosting a birthday party at the moment - so you are doing well, especially with 2 events on 2 days.

I am wearing maternity clothes for the first time today. Finally had to give in and admit that my normal pants don't fit anymore, even the really stretchy ones, and I needed the elastic waisted maternity pants. They are sooooo comfortable - don't know why I resisted for so long.

#77 k10

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hi - How is everyone going?

Bethani - I know what you mean about the maternity clothes .... just so much more comfortable original.gif

afm - we had a big weekend with DS's birthday original.gif  I finished it off sick though with a bout of throwing up.  I had it a few times with DS in the second trimester, I think I ate something that obviously didn't agree with bub.  It wiped me out though and I ended up staying home monday and slept nearly all day ... I think I must have really needed the rest.  I've also lost a bit of weight, a couple of kg.  I'm not too worried as bub is growing great and very active.  I'm not eating as much as I did in the first trimester, my stomach already feels squashed up under my ribs,  so hopefully the rest of me is just readjusting which is reassurring after I stacked on 11kg in the first 20 weeks!  Feeling and looking really pregnant but loving it original.gif

edited for typos original.gif

Edited by k10, 29 February 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#78 maelstrom

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Sorry you got sick k10. Really sucks when you're pregnant.

I saw my obstetrician again Friday. It's still a rough pregnancy, so she is watching me carefully. I have been referred to a physio because of pain in my pelvis which is affecting everything I do, any movement at all hurts and I can't even sleep properly. At first they thought it was just ligaments stretching, but apparently it is more serious. Where is my nice, easy textbook pregnancy that I ordered?

The good news is that I look like I swalled a basketball, and I'm quite proud of my bump. Hope everyone else is doing well - I'd love an update on how everyone is. Take my mind off things.

#79 Pincushion

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hi Bethani and K10 (and anyone else if you're still around)
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time Bethani sad.gif It sounds like it's taking a toll on you.
Try to take things as easy as possible (easier said than done i know).
K10 hope you recovered ok, there's nothing worse than getting sick while you're pregnant - it's kinda the lady version of what man flu must be like (just going by how much fuss they make it must be terrible!).
My ob said i have now definitely graduated to a normal boring pregnancy which i am delighted about. Aside from some minor back pain, it's been great. He also said that while most babies curl into the fetal position, ours is sprawled out like a starfish enjoying its spa time. He said it just needs a pina colada now and it's set! lol
Apparently Bean enjoys playing rugby late at night (practising tackles) and a good brisk step aerobics class at about 4am. Preferably using my bladder for the advanced step class if possible. original.gif
Take care of yourselves, it's so weird to think I've only got 16 weeks to go!

#80 maelstrom

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hi Pincushion. Glad you're still going well. Hope the next 16 weeks stay as a normal, boring pregnancy. Must be such a relief to hear that from your ob. Bub must be playing up of a night for you to get you ready! My bub has found my bladder as well, and seems to target it at the moment that I am furthest from a toilet, driving in the middle of nowhere or when I have ventured out for a walk.

I'm off to Sydney tomorrow - taking DD for a few days for some appointments. Looking forward to a few days off work staying with my grandmother, so will be spoiled. DH is looking forward to sleeping through the nights, apparently I wake him with my very regular late night toilet breaks. Hope Sydney puts on some good weather for me!

#81 k10

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hi Bethani & Pincushion (and anyone else original.gif )

Bethani - how are things going for you??
Pincushion - so glad to hear everything is going so normal for you original.gif

afm, I had the glucose screening test yesterday and my levels came back as elevated so now I have to have a further test. Part of me thinks I may have gestational diabetes as my weight gain has been huge an not really in line with what I'm eating sad.gif  Oh well, will just have to deal with whatever the result is!! Apart from that all is well, bub us very active which i love original.gif

#82 maelstrom

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry about your bad glucose test k10. I am having mine tomorrow, and am nervous.

AFM - still having a rough time with this pregnancy. Have been in hospital with what they are calling threatened labour - luckily it stopped on its own, was pretty scary. 28 weeks is too early. Hubby is putting on my shoes in the morning because of my pelvic pain lol. Going to see the ob tomorrow afternoon. Hoping for good news for once. Feels awful to complain about the pregnancy, we tried so hard and wanted it so much, but it is very different to my last pregnancy and you never expect to have any issues when you get pregnant - you think that the hard stuff is over once the IVF is over.

People keep telling me that the harder the pregnancy, the easier the baby. If that is the case then we all will get perfect babies that sleep through the night original.gif .

#83 k10

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

Hi Bethani - so sorry to hear you have been in hospital!  How scary.  You are right 28 weeks feels way to early.  I know that the stats are good for bubs born from now on but it would really frighten me.  Are they getting you to have regular monitoring from now on or anything?  Gosh, you will really have to take it easy which is so much easier said than done.  I hear you on the pelvic pain.  I had it badly with DS and when I asked about it I was told 'its common its just ligaments' and that mine may be worse due to the side of effects of the progesterone supplements from IVF (I had really bad joint pain from it) so I never took it any further.  This time I have a girlfriend who is due the same time as me and she has it badly too so she has looked right into it and its a well known disorder in pregnancy where the pelvis softens and starts to move.  I mentioned it to my chiro and she knew all about it too and did an adjustment on my pubic bone (sounds weird I know) and the relief has been incredible.  I'm hoping it lasts till my next visit.  My 2nd glucose test went well, it came back with perfect levels and I don't have diabetes.  The first one was probably high because I'd had lunch about 2 hours before the test so my suggestion would be to fast for a while beforehand for a more accurate reading - they should tell us these things!  The latest worry for me is that the person I sit next to at work has been diagnosed with active CMV which is a glandular fever type virus, very common and not highly contagious but potentially v bad for bub if you get it for the first time when pregnant.  Still waiting for my blood result to come back on it.  My 19 week scan was good so this has me hoping I haven't been exposed.  I am beginning to feel like not having anything to worry about is not normal for this pregnancy!  I'm like you and can't believe how different pregnancy's can be ... I hope your friends are right ... I like the sound of the harder the pregnancy the easier the baby! Take care original.gif

#84 maelstrom

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

I saw the ob Friday, and everything looks good. Yea! No explanation for the pains last week, but apparently the placenta has moved so she is happy to talk natural birth now. Which is lucky because I have a completely irrational fear of c-sections. The baby is measuring about 2 1/2 weeks BIGGER than my dates. That's what I get for marrying a 6'4" man from a tall family tongue.gif . Feeling so much better after a good news appointment, have picked the colour for the baby's room and will start painting over the school holidays. Have to take it easy, but all looking good.

Glad you don't have diabetes k10. Thanks for the tip on the glucose check. I chickened out on Friday, so am going to do it tomorrow. Hope you didn't pick up your workmate's illness.

#85 k10

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hi Bethani -how did your glucose test go?

I saw my obs today.  Bub has turned as I thought and head is down pretty low.  Moving onto fortnightly appointments now and can't believe I am 3/4's of the way through.  Really looking forward to finishing work, 5 weeks to go after this week original.gif

#86 maelstrom

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hi k10, and anyone else that is still lurking.

My glucose test came back OK, except that my vitamin d levels are low, so I am now on vitamin d supplements. The doctor was thinking that the baby's size would be due to diabetes, but it appears that it is just genetically a large baby. I am on fortnightly appointments now as well. Makes it seem scarily close.

I bet you're looking forward to finishing work k10. I have started cutting back on work, but because I run a small business with my DH, there is no finishing date. It is nice to cut back though, working full time was too much for me.

My bub keeps getting hiccups which is cute. At least once a day she starts jumping and it goes on for ages. I don't remember DD doing this.

31 1/2 weeks. Now less than 2 months to go. So not ready, but soooo excited!

#87 Pincushion

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hi K10 & Bethani (and any other lurkers)
Hope you're both doing well, Bean and I are well, 31 weeks today and I can't help but wonder where the time has gone!!
Nursery is all set up and looks beautiful original.gif
My sister threw me a baby shower on the weekend and it was absolutely amazing original.gif my MIL hosted, and we had about 35 people there.  I'd asked for copies of people's favourite childhood books to build a library for Bean instead of gifts, but everyone brought books and gifts! So we got VERY spoiled.
Can't believe there's only 2 months until I get to meet my little pudding  wub.gif

#88 k10

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi Ladies.  I've been off the radar a bit as we lost my grandmother suddenly a week and a bit ago sad.gif  So strange to be going through the loss of someone so special with a bub kicking inside.

Bethani - I don't think I knew that you were having a girl - so lovely original.gif  How are you going with names?  We are getting nowhere really and its starting to worry me!

Pincushion - wow you sound so organised!  The 'nesting' thing has kicked in?  I have this strong urge to reorganise the whole house ... I know I should just start with the bubs room though!

Hope you are both doing well this week.  I had another scan last week and all was great, bub is head down and face down.  The sonographer claims bub is going to be a big baby at around 9 pound, she said weighing 5.5 pound already .. ahhhhhhhhh.

#89 maelstrom

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi Pincushion, glad you are still going well. Glad you had a good baby shower - nice to be spoiled. Now that your nursery is set up, could you come and set up mine? We have painted and have the clothes ready, but still no cot or change table (ordered, but the shop is having trouble getting stock), and my DH still has left ladders, paint tins, etc lying around. Think there will be some nagging this weekend.

Sorry that you lost your grandmother k10. I'm sure that it is tough for you to grieve while being so happy about the baby at the same time.

Looks like we grow big babies in our little group. My bub would be big if I made it to full term (DH is 6'4", and the rest of his family is also tall). At 34 weeks she was estimated at 2.6kg. But my ob doesn't want me to go past 38 weeks, which means an average bub. If I haven't had bub by next Thursday, she is going to book me in to be induced. So excited and scared at the same time.

We're finally at the pointy end, yea!

#90 k10

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

How is everyone going?  35 weeks for me this week.  Work finished and hoping for some rest now.  Obs has said he won't let me go past my due date due to bub looking to be a big baby.  Still not much progress with names here ... ahhhhhh

#91 Spock

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hi ladies, it's been a long time since I last looked in here but I'm feeling less fragile these days. It has taken a long time to recover emotionally this time, longer than before as this was so unexpected. Anyway just wanted to share my one but of bright news that we are going back to Hawaii in July for an FET. Luckily we have a few frozen embies. I hope all of you are doing well. I do think of you, especially liltuss and zjb, wishing I could still be here with you guys. Take care, I'll be keeping my eye out for happy news over the coming months.

#92 k10

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

Spock - wishing you all the best for the FET in July.xx

This has been a quiet group of late - the countdown is on - how is everyone going??

#93 maelstrom

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hi all,

Firstly, good luck Spock. Hope it all works out for you. Please keep us updated - it's nice to hear news.

My little one wasn't due for another 3 weeks, but couldn't wait. She made her appearance on 30 May, which is also our wedding anniversary hheart.gif . My ob had to induce me for my blood pressure. The induction went well, but then baby started to get into distress and I had to have an emergency c-section. I had been warned that I might need a c-section, so I'm not disappointed at all, just glad that it all turned out OK. She is absolutely perfect, 7 pound 12 oz, blonde hair, will have to figure out how to upload a photo. We called her Amy Susannah. DH is absolutely in love, and my DD is obsessed with holding her every second of the day.

We came home from hospital last night. Bub sleeps all day and keeps me up all night, and I love it. It's hard to believe that she is here!

Good luck to everyone else that is getting close! It seems like only last month that we got our BFP!

#94 k10

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Bethani!!  Congratulations!!  Such wonderful news  original.gif   Enjoy this special time with your family.   bbighug.gif

#95 zjb2

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Bethani, congratulations on the arrival of your little girl. How exciting.

K10, hi how are you going? How are you getting on with names now? We are at 30 weeks now and really only just started.

Spock, it is sweet of you to be thinking of us all. I think of you often too and have been watching all your progress over the last couple of months. I sincerely hope that this FET brings you the sucess you have worked so hard for.

Pincushion, not long now. How are you going?

Pregnancy wise every thing is going well for me, got diagnosed with gestational diabetes but so far being managed adequately with diet. Unfortunately had a terrible virus that has kept me in bed for 12 days with horrendous coughing - which is definitely not fun with a baby belly. I can't wait to feel  slight more normal and to sleep more during the night. Then I might be able to start getting things ready, I feel slightly underprepared to say the least.

Hope you all enjoy the long weekend.

#96 Freckles

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Ladies, I will leave this thread open, even though it's quite long, for a while yet as these babies start to arrive. If it gets ridiculous I will open a new one but hopefully we can leave this one going until it;s time to starts a Parents thread for you all. original.gif

#97 minidiamond

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi everyone
Haven't posted for ages but popped in to see Bethani's fabulous news !! Congrats honey, Amy made a dramatic entrance but glad to hear all is going well. How exciting to have the first bubbas on their way !!!!

Spock, lovely to hear from you in here, I'm following your fortunes over in AC thread, good luck with the next transfer & trip to the US.  I'm glad it sounds like you're in a good place.

K10 where are you at hun ? very very close now !!

Pincushion, what about you ??? Hope you're doing ok.

ZJB, hi hope the virus is finally disappearing !!!

Well ZJB & I have a fair bit in common; I also got G/diabetes but seem to be managing okay, my levels are low enough that I don't require insulin at this stage.  Lots of movement at the station and VERY slowly starting to get organised.

Take care all

Edited by Liltuss, 13 June 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#98 Pincushion

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Ahhhhhh Congratulations Bethani and welcome Amy!!! What lovely news original.gif
K10 you're next, how are things going with you?
And zjb & liltuss, things fly from here on in, you'll wake up tomorrow and it will be nearly time... i can't believe how the last couple of months have flown by original.gif

We do breed 'em big in this group apparently, Bean had it's final scan last week just before 36 weeks and all key measurements indicated between 39w3d and 39w6d, 97% percentile and approx 3.5kg already, eep!!
3 weeks to go.... maybe..... original.gif

Take care of yourselves and your lovely bumps and bubs - looking forward to seeing pics xxx

#99 k10

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hi Everyone  waves.gif Nice to hear from you all.  

Still going here at 38 weeks yesterday.  Obs is still talking about inducing me if I haven't had bub by the due date based on the 32 week ultrasound prediction of a large baby.  I honestly don't look that big ... people are amazed to find out I'm 38 weeks and I don't think I'm any bigger than I was with DS and he was 6pd15.  Anyway, we'll see!!

Edited by k10, 14 June 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#100 k10

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi Everyone original.gif  Our new little man Henry arrived in a hurry on Monday morning.  He is 7pd 15 and 52 cm.  I had a rapid 2 hour labour that involved a trip to hospital by ambulance.  Everything went fine though and we came home yesterday.  I am in love all over again. xx

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.