Sydney/NSW Ladies

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Megan!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hi, just thought it might be nice for us to have a thread for Sydney/NSW girls.

Has anyone found some good (affordable) maternity shops around the place?

Mum has booked in a shopping day with me during the week & I'd love to have a few tips before I head off.

The only places I've really looked so far are target (where I bought some tights for $16-bargain) and mothercare but that was when I didn't need mat wear so I was just overwhelmed!

Hope everyone has been gaining more energy the last few weeks & enjoying getting organised!

#2 Beags

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Hi,

I found target wasn't very good for maternity clothes, but I think it depends which one you go to. The only other place I've looked at was pumpkin patch. They are having a sale at the moment I think so you should be able to get some pants etc at a good price. It depends where you are in Sydney, but at the Belrose supa centre there is a pumpkin patch outlet. They don't have a huge variety of maternity clothes, but I was in there today and they did have lots of jeans and denim stuff. There is also a mothercare store in the same centre. Sussans also have a lot of flowy/bigger style tops which I have been using for work.
Otherwise I think online is good, I ordered a few dresses from asos the other day.
Let us know if you find any other good shops!

I have my morphology scan tomorrow, very excited about seeing bubs again!

Have fun shopping!

#3 Babby and Roo

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hi, I'll join in!

This is my second baby so I'm pretty familiar with all the baby shops around my area. My favourite is baby bunting. The closest one to me is Moore Park. I always find the staff so helpful and they have a really huge range of pretty much everything baby/toddler related. Their prices are generally decent and they have sales often. I get their catalogue emailed to me so I can keep up to date with sales. The only thing I wouldn't buy from a baby store again is a pram. I have been looking at double prams this time around and  I've seen them for much cheaper online than any baby stores stock them for, particulaly if you are happy to buy overseas. Still good to have the shops to go and check them out in person though.

Baby Kingdom in Alexandria also has a huge range, but every time I have been there I have found the staff disinterested and unhelpful. Their prices are average so I much prefer the service I get at Baby Bunting.

As for maternity wear, I went shopping last pregnancy with my mum and she bought me a range of clothes for a birthday present from a shop in the city. I think it was in the Piccadilly Centre in the city (next to David Jones). The clothes were a bit pricey (glad mum paid!) but they were really nice, fashionable, comfy and lasted me the whole pregnancy. They are still in great condition and I'm wearing them all again this time around. I got jeans, some cotton casual pants, a few skirts, 3/4 shorts and some tshirts.

Really all you need are going out / work clothes, as you can get away with regular stretchy clothes like trackie pants at home.

#4 Worzel Gummidge

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hi, I don't belong here as I'm not currently expecting, but Angel Maternity in Castle Hill had some lovely things at reasonable prices when I was pregnant this time last year original.gif

#5 heavenlys

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Strawberry Wellies - I think you are referring to Ripe Maternity. I bought a few things in there earlier this week. They are a bit pricey but their clothes do seem to be good quality. They are having a sale at the moment. Unfortunately nothing I bought was on sale!! Myer in Pitt St Mall also stocks this brand. Also if you mention Cosmopolitan Pregnancy magazine you get 10% off full priced merchandise until the end of March biggrin.gif

#6 NotBitzerMaloney

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Target / KMart have been v disappointing this time.
Picadilly - I think it's called something creative like "Just Maternity"
Chatswood Westfield  - no idea what it's called, but opposite Ecco, theres a maternity shop which is sometimes good / sometimes somewhat dodgy from a stock perspective
Chatswood Chase - Mothercare

#7 SammyCat

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

NotBitzer - the maternity shop at Chatswood Westfield is Mamaway - they have a website mamaway.com.au    

Mothercare at Atarmon has cheaper clothes, but not as big a range.

I"ve only been into look so far, as I still fit into most of my clothes - thank god for low cut jeans and maxi dresses!

#8 Megan!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thanks ladies, mum & I are hitting the shops tomorrow. I popped in to mothercare today & their maternity clothes are 50% off! There's a few nice things in there, definately worth a look.

#9 littlesticky

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Went to Pumpkin Patch outlet in Birkenhead Point yesterday after seeing the ads on TV. Great prices ($10 pants which were $70). I had tried the regular retail outlets but the prices were dearer and they didn't have my size.

Mamaway staff are lovely but prices are high and the pants don't fit me at all. The dresses are cute!

#10 KC-

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Angel maternity (have had some great offers recently through group buying sites (living social, Spreets or one of the others) and have had discounted gift vouchers - makes their clothes much better value. Have shopped online but then exchanged items at metcentre store (better range instore than online)
Nicest maternity wear I've bought recently though has been from asos.com. Very good value and love the two dresses I bought.

#11 DM06

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hi. Perhaps I'm a bit late replying but I went to the factory outlet at Auburn ( Pumpkin Patch). I think Pumpkin Patch are having a bit of a sale on maternity wear too, in store and online.

#12 newyearbaby

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hi, I put lots of good maternity pieces on ebay after my last pregnancy (as I was sick of them) and sold everything so that might be a good place to try, if you don't mind second hand. A lot of the time they don't get worn for very long, so they can still be in near new condition.

How did you go with shopping anyway?

#13 Megan!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

I was so happy with mothercare 50% off! I bought about 15 pieces for $200. Tights, long tops, pants, skirts, dress, singlet tops, jumpsuit. I did really well (thanks mum!)
I didn't find a dressy dress however & I need it for the weekend (have 2 big events!) and I also have my 30th in a few weeks so need to get something pretty for that. I have been looking at the Angel website (thanks for the tip!) but I feel like I might need to venture there to try a few things on.
I feel like I have just burst out this week! haha. I hadn't put on ANY weight but over the past week (week 16-17) I have put on about 2kgs!
Up until now i've been able to get away with wearing quite a few of my non-maternity clothes but the skirts are really digging in now & the tops are becoming shorter and shorter, so I don't think my shopping spree could have come at a better time! Anyone else just noticing a little growth spurt?

#14 newyearbaby

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

I too have burst majorly in the past 3 days so week 17-18 for me. I easily look about 6 months pregnant now so what the heck am I going to look like when I get to that point? A house comes to mind!

#15 DM06

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone has had fun getting maternity wear !

I thought I'd add a new little thread in our Sydney page ...
with the school holidays around the corner ... does anyone have any good school holiday ideas whilst we are "up the duff" ! I have an 8 year old, so bub makes baby 2 ... wondering what activities we should get up too ... I normally hop into the city and walk from Museum to Museum ... which I could still do ... but would love some chill out home ideas and other ideas if anyone has any !!

#16 Lineth

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi all

I'm in the Blue Mountains.  Anyone up this way?

I've bought some winter nursing tops on mamaway.com.au.  Some of them are good, others not so much.  I'm not really used to shopping online yet, but it's certainly easier.

They do have a good ribbed turtleneck on the sale page, which I bought in a lovely grape colour, and think will be good for the weather here.

Otherwise, we're now up to shopping for a car seat and pram.  We're lucky - have been given loads of second hand equipment, clothes and toys.

Vanessa

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.