Regards

Ali

#2 Iliketoflounce

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

Gold yay first time

#3 katie11

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Welcome to our TTC#1 buddy group!
We are a group of friendly ladies who are trying to conceive our first babies.
We are here to give each other support,
a shoulder to cry on, an ear when we feel like a rant and lots of hugs!

If you are also on the same journey as us,
please feel free to join our group,
just jump in and introduce yourself.

Please PM me as to where you are in your cycle and I will add you to the list
(you don't have to be on the list though!).
We look forward to chatting with you!

Newbies
waves.gif
Babymurk
elese
Paradise T
Cotchi
Mumma freedles

AF rant.gif
Sunshiney
Chief Pancake Maker
kmg82
Vanilla-Cupcakes
superfruity
johanasweet
Meg88
1babyplease
Maci2011
georgieebc
Mozzie81
Mummy2012

Waiting to O yyawn.gif
Heylee
ChilliDog
Cams
katie11
amyc1981
geishagirl
CubaLulu
Mrs Roo

2WW
(testing date in brackets)
wwhistle.gif
Thylacine
NadiaSurridge1991
Poppy M
expatchick
babydreaming
NicoleTTC1
babyinabackpack
Kabrsi
amyc1981
Doll13
njs4dks
Mojo11
cat-ttc

Limbo Land unsure.gif
AnnaBee87
Ninja99
Kateep1

IVF Land cclap.gif

Taking
time out ninja.gif
seaside_shells
Sunshiney
MagsJee
pennyforurthoughts

Last BFP.gif
(5 Most Recent) ddance.gif
Phoenix Seraphina
louiseos
taurusttc
Chippa Liz
For those who have just
got their BFP.gif , the follow on thread is TTC#1 Grads Buddy Group. As TTC BG
area guidelines state that once a BFP is received/confirmed you need to stop
posting in this thread.

Thread question - any ideas???

Edited by katie11, 22 January 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#4 seaside_shells

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Bronze for me!

Katie, would you mind moving me to taking time out?
Hope your surgery was ok original.gif

#5 katie11

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'll claim Silver original.gif

Hope everyone is having a good day. Please post here or PM me if you want to be added to the list or have your status changed.

#6 katie11

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Thanks seaside. Surgery went well, hopefully it will start to make diference soon. Where the cannula went in still really hurts though!

Unfortunately AF arrived 2-3 days late last night sad.gif .  As I'm rarely late and had been feeling sick.gif and just really off, I was hopeful.  I could see DH was trying not to get his hopes up and when AF hadnt arrived yesterday evening, he was so pleased, poor thing.

#7 MissMargaret

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for doing the list Katie! Sorry to hear that Af arrived. Hope your looking after yourself hun xx

No time for personals today but just a quick rant!
The other day DP came home and announced that one of his work mates wives is pregnant with their second baby. I knew they were ttc and they literally got pregnant in the first cycle. I'm trying really hard to be happy for them but I just feel so jealous! Then that makes me feel guilty and I get really emotional. I guess I'm just really frustrated that I haven't even had a regular cycle yet. In 4 1/2 months I've had 2 cycles, which means only 2 chances to get pregnant, I really hope if I don't get a BFP this cycle that hopefully it's not 55+ days long.

Rant over huh.gif lol

#8 1babyplease

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi ladies,

Still in limbo land .... AF is 1 month & 3 days late and still getting BFNs. Feeling rather ordinary today - big headache & feeling a bit off in my tummy so hopefully its a sign of some answers to come.

FX'd for everyone!

#9 KatyCakes

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

Thinking of those lovely ladies who have suffered recent losses my heart broke after reading your news...

not to be insensitive but Katie11 could you please move me to 2ww... fingers crossed

and a big congrats to N@ K for your BFP!!!

Edited by kmg82, 06 January 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#10 Iliketoflounce

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

ok im attempting my chart again FX i workrd it ou this time

My Ovulation Chart

Edited by NadiaSurridge1991, 06 January 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#11 Tomate1910

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Katie can you move me to 2ww?

Nadia... have you selected the charts to be displayed?
FF- view your charts then on the "sharing" tab click on setup and on the bottom of that page it says "published charts" and you have to select the one you want to select.. ALso ON the middle of that page under "privacy" you want to select automatic update so as soon as you put something in we will all see it.. hope that will fix it original.gif
be back in a bit for personals...

Edited by superfruity, 06 January 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#12 ChilliDog

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

N@K - congratulations on your BFP...that's such wonderful news and such an awesome birthday pressent!! Fingers crossed its an unevenful 9 months ahead for you.

Seaside - Wow flight booked. I bed you're so excited now and can't wait to head off. Such an exciting trip...wish it was me!!

Katie11 - very happy to hear your surgery went well. Sorry to hear about AF arriving though. Can you please move me into the 2WW...will be testing tomorrow if AF fails to arrive today.

AFM...AF is due today but no sign so far. I'm still feeling bloated and have been feeling a bit horrible in the afternoon/evenings but I've been like this for almost a week now. I guess I won't let myself believe I could be pregnant until I see 2 lines on a test but am not testing today. Will see what tomorrow brings...if no AF by tomorrow night I will then POAS. I know FMU is best but I won't be home tomorrow morning to do it first thing...prefer to wait until I'm in my own house with just DF and I.

So a question for you all. Just had a conversation with DF about babies etc and the topic turned to circumcision. I told him I'm against it and think its not necessary and to my surprise he said he believes it's best to have it done. We didn't continue the conversation as he had to head to work but I wonder if this might become an issue and how we might resolve it if we can't come to see eye to eye??? Seems like a very difficult one!!

#13 baby dreaming

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hi Katie,

Can you please move me to the 2ww, fertility friend confirmed I have O at day 9 which means I will have roughly a 21-23 day cycle ... last cycle was day 34 days with O on day 20 ... Not impressed with my ovaries lack of organisation here!!

Will post properly tonight, hope you are all enjoying your Friday!

x x

#14 Iliketoflounce

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (superfruity @ 06/01/2012, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nadia... have you selected the charts to be displayed?
FF- view your charts then on the "sharing" tab click on setup and on the bottom of that page it says "published charts" and you have to select the one you want to select.. ALso ON the middle of that page under "privacy" you want to select automatic update so as soon as you put something in we will all see it.. hope that will fix it original.gif
be back in a bit for personals...

thanks

can some try now

My Ovulation Chart

#15 Tomate1910

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (NadiaSurridge1991 @ 06/01/2012, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks

can some try now

My Ovulation Chart

works fine now!

#16 Iliketoflounce

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (superfruity @ 06/01/2012, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
works fine now!

thanks
now everyone can stalk me more lol
biggrin.gif

#17 Tomate1910

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

just some quick personals

Johanna oh no!!! I saw your charts last night. sorry! when Are you seeing your witch doctor next? maybe thet need to adjust those herbs a bit more...
As you can see from my chart I am still building my staircase... it is becoming a little weird now wink.gif well at least 6 more days until testing for me...

seaside.. again yay!!!! for booking nepal tickets... so when Are you leaving??? How freaking cold is it gonna be over there? can you actually go for hikes without being burried under tons of snow?

nadia yay for FF... and finally getting that chart in your signature... good luck and yes don't obsess over it..

baby dreaming... that is one drastic change!!! can you maybe link your chart... did you have all the O signs or is it just FF calling it?

Chili... is your partner circumcised? I think that plays a big role... PPM is not and while I find circumcised looks better I can't say anything about health benefits and don;t see the point really... people lived without it for centuries *except in certain religions).. but that is a really though one!!! good luck and sorry I could be of more help..

biapb... hehe the month I fell PPM and I were soooo disorganized we only BD once in the fertile window and a little more CD8-10 and during 2ww but we still managed to get pg from that single one... all it takes is one time... and your charts looks fantastic!!!

Congrats Taurus again... good luck for the journey ahead and thanks for your thoughs on my charts... will see what the staircase turns into original.gif

Cams your trip to the great Ocean road sounds great!! hope you find some nice accommodations... and yay for adventures and exercise rolled into one original.gif

sorry for everyone I missed...

afm... 2ww and nothing exciting to report  sad.gif

#18 PoppyM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hi all

yah yah its friday!!!!

katie could you please move me to waiting to O. Thanks.  sorry to here AF arrived.  Poor DH.  I know what you mean, my last cycle stretched out by an extra 2-3 days and DH was almost unable to hide his elation from the rest of our friends/family we were camping with(New Years) and i had to keep taking him aside and calming him down and telling him i didn't feel like i was PG.  He started doing nice things like making dinner so i could rest and giving me shoulder massages (very unusual for my DH, both cooking and massages) so on new years day when the witch arrived he was so bumbed and everyone kept asking him what was wrong, but he couldn't tell anyone.

chillidog circumcision yah thats a tricky one isn't it.  My DH believies in it as his parents did etc etc but my side of the family don't beleive in it and see it as mutilation.  we have dealt with it by not discussing it and secretly hoping we get girls so that its never an issue.  childish i know.  There is a lot of medical information on it though these days, so my plan is to just leave sleeping dogs lie for now and if we were to end up with a baby boy then go and see a pediatrician for their advice and take it from there.  i'm not going to make it a deal breaker with my DH or anything but its something that he will have to get a medical professional to sway my mind on not just him.  thats all the advice i have sorry to say, but i know where you are coming from.

Nadia good luck with charting.  you seem to have the patients i lack to get FF working right.  i started and then gave up as it took me longer than 5 minutes to try and work it out.  i hope it works out for you though.  I really should give it another shot since i did set myself a New Years deadline to start temping if nothing had happened by then.  I think i am procrastinating.

also congrats on getting the house you applied for.

MrsRoo do our DH's work for the same boss? ha ha.  sorry i have the same issue, but his bosses wife is about to have the baby in 2 months and we started TTC at the same time.  sorry for the ha ha but i am starting to get to the point with all the women falling PG around me at the moment where if i don't laugh i will cry.

1babyplease jeepers!! thats all i can think of to say about your 1 month and 3 day past AF issue.  maybe go see a doctor for some blood tests??

N @K congratulations. FX for you that it all works out.

ABTTC & vanilla sorry that i have not posted to you before now. I am so saddened by your loss. i just couldn't think of what i could write to convey what  i wanted to say.  so what i want to say right now is thank you for sharing so much of your journey with us.  I know nothing i can say will help but i want you to know that by sharing your journey with us it will help those of us in the future who might have to follow the same path. allowing us to understand how you are feeling means that if we have to follow that journey as well we will be better able to understand and cope.  it must be very hard to write/speak about and your strength is very much appreciated.

Cams wow hoo to hubby being home soon.  hope you have a great time on the short break you have planned.  make sure you pack a camera, my mum and dad went down and did the great ocean road last year and boy did they get some great shots.

Seaside Nepal, well that should keep you occupied over the next couple of months.  I am very jealous, it's on my list of places i want to visit one day.  

Johannasweet well that just sucks.  stupid cycles and stupid AF and why not stupid work as well.  I love having a good whinge when AF arrives with nasty cramps.  I hope you are feeling a bit better now.

BIABP hmmmmmm alternatives to EPS.  here goes:
sore boobs - a Formosan Rock Macaque was sitting on you during sleep.
exhaustion - you work with kids who speak a different language.  not sure this one
                  needs anything else as that would sure exhaust me.
nausea - the Formosan Rock Macaque was full so fed you his left over food and you were
             so exhausted from the kids at school you didn't notice.

AFM well boring boring boring.  nothing exciting just waiting for O time in terms of TTC for now.  am looking forward to free time tomorrow which means shopping. yah.  i have a heap of gift cards from our engagement party, wedding and now xmas last year so can spend up without breaking the bank.

DH and i had a discussion about how over the last few months when ever fertile time arrives we become so busy that we hardly fit BDing in.  so this cycle we have worked out our fertile dates, put them on the calendar and marked it as busy and DH will tell his work that he has family committments that few days and can't work any overtime and we are telling family/friends that we have work commitments that are going to cause overtime so can't do anything with them either. so hopefully we will get plenty of peace and quiet time at home to ourselves.

#19 Vanilla-Cupcakes

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thanks poppy x

Have got myself a bit stressed out, I'm crampy again, and stupidly tested hoping to see a negative, but it's still a strong positive. So I'm worried that my bhcg has either increased, or remained the same. It was only 80 on Monday, it should have fallen by now.

I'm terrified of needing some kind of management.

If its ectopic, methotrexate requires a year off TTC, having a tube removed means time off as well plus obviously, the loss of a tube which is a problem in itself.

And even if it's just retained products, I'm scared of a d&c.

I want this to be over now. I want to go back to TTC with no worries, it was much better than ectopic, no ectopic. And now all I desperately want to see is a bloody bfn, no more bfp's until I try again.

Stupid body.

#20 Meg88

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Katie can I please be moved to 2WW (groan)

Chillidog : circumcision thankfully is not going to be an issue for DH and I. He's not done so bubs won't be either. I think all the medical issues are kinda nil and void now with the advances in hygiene.

poppy: hahaha I love your non-EPS ideas for biabp. Good luck getting your quiet time for O.

AFM: My boss has recently quit at work and a replacement doesn't start for another 2 weeks so today was my last full day off before I work 8days straight. I'm tired just thinking about it. I spent today packing boxes to move (only 5weeks now) and I visited a friend who is about 2weeks off having her 2nd bub.

Question: how much do you guys think weight affects TTC? It's just someone suggested that I may need to put on weight. I'm about 55kg and 174cm tall so technically my BMI is low but I've always been thin and I eat 3meals a day and snack and certainly eat plenty of chocolate original.gif I'm just  not sure where to go next with TTC. I'm under 30, I ovulate, I get reg periods, DHs swimmers came back fine after his SA, I use preseed, I try missionary and doggy, I lie down for 20mins after BD, I take blackmores conceive well gold, I drink green tea to increase CM, I've tried eating the alkaline foods and nuts & pumpkin seeds, I don't drink alcohol and I don't smoke (and never have). I just want it to happen all ready, I want it to be my turn. That was a bit of a rant, but what do u think about the weight? How much do I need to put on and how do I do it?

Edited by Meg88, 06 January 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#21 Tomate1910

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

oh Vanilla, So sorry... are you still bleeding? I think it can take quite a while to pass everything naturally... as for hcg levels... It took three weeks after my d&c for my levels to drop to zero...I think good test pick up levels from 15-25 or higher... there is no harm in getting monitored by your GP and if it is only to see your levels falls via blood test results (weekly, it helped me...) hoping that the nightmare is over soon and you have some time to come to terms with in and move on... I hope everything will just go naturally but if a D&C should be necessary in the future feel free to PM me...

#22 jujujulie

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hi Katie11,

I have noticed that my name is still on the list in "taking time out" can you please take me off the list as I got a BFP and am almost 9 weeks PG now!

I'm crossing my fingers it will be a sticky as I had a M/C back in September.

Sending you all some sticky vibes, lots of new faces in here!

#23 Thylacine

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi All original.gif Lots of reading to catch up on today!

Well first thing is: CONGRATULATIONS to you N@K ! What a wonderful birthday present! All the best for your pregnancy.

Cams - well I am just back from a Great Ocean Road trip myself! We had a really nice time, stayed 2 nights in Apollo Bay. I don't really have any accommodation recommendations though, we stayed in the cheapest hotel I could find. Make sure you see the 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge (but I'm sure those are already on your list!). We also really enjoyed the Otways rainforest treetop walk. They have a zip line tour of the rainforest as well which looked really cool but if you want to do it, make sure you book in advance.

Johanna - sad.gif Sorry AF has arrived and that your cycle seems to be out of whack. Maybe your body is getting used to the herbs? maybe some chocolate and some retail therapy is in order.

Katie - Boo to AF! But good that your surgery went well. Can you please move me to 'waiting to o'

Seaside - Yay! biggrin.gif Congrats on booking your trip. Sounds like it will be quite an adventure!

Chillidog
- Well I haven't had that conversation with DP, let's hope we are both in agreeance! One of my friends was against the idea of circumcision, and her husband was for it, but once their son was born, he changed his mind beacause he didn't want anyone needlessly cutting his beautiful boy. Maybe your DH will have a similar change of heart shrug.gif

BIABP - Nope, not doing it! wink.gif I know you are only trying not to get your hopes up, but let's not forget about positive thinking original.gif . I hope they are EPS for real!

Poppy - yes, I try not to book too much in for 'o week' either, what could be more important than making a baby biggrin.gif

hugs and baby dust to all xx

#24 Thylacine

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Vanilla - hugs to you. I wish I had some useful advice to give you , but I really don't know anything about m/c. I hope everything turns out OK

#25 Vanilla-Cupcakes

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Thanks girls.

Super fruity, still bleeding on and off, woke up with non, then had a small bright loss for one loo break, now back to scant red/brown. Cramping a bit again too, and my boobs hurt.

I really think the level is the same or more, if I just knew it was ectopic or not, I would change my outlook, because if it's in my uterus, I would just stay calm.

Think I'll go for bloods on Monday if I still feel the same. I hate this. It all just sucks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.