Gender Swayers Group #215

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#101 vintage.blue

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Brie9 @ 09/02/2012, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm guessing AF is your period?What is DPO?CD?

I'm not too sure about OPKs, sorry. There are others using them though, so hopefully someone knows but what szj said above is my understanding of them too original.gif

AF = aunty flow = period
DPO = days past ovulation
CD = cycle day

hope that helps original.gif

#102 aurora sleeping

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Welcome Brie9!!!! Feel free to ask any time you're not sure what something means - I spent ages trying to work heaps of them out!!! OPK is Ovulation Predictor Kit (I'm sure you knew that one, but just making sure!). It will be positive when there is an LH Surge and that surge normally occurs 24-48 hours before you ovulate. So, that's why it's called a predictor. You'll probably have to stop before the LH surge happens, but you may want to continue testing anyway so you know when you did ovulate for future reference, if it doesn't happen this time round. That's what I'm doing this month - I got a very faint line this morning (which is still a negative test) and then did one just then and there wasn't even a hint of a line. I'm going to stop 4 days before I should be ovulating so that means tonight is the last night and I should get a positive OPK in a couple of days. So, I'll have one last BD (Baby Dancing) tonight and then will keep doing OPKs until I get a positive one just so I know when I actually ovulated (my cycle is annoyingly irregular).

Alluneedislove CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif Sounds like it's definitely positive, any line is still a line, it may just be very early. Agghhhhhh so exciting for you mate, I'm hoping it's your little man who's making himself nice and comfy in there!!!! Looking forward to hearing it confirmed!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif Thanks for the link too.

Yeah szj I'm with you - not a big fan of the OPKs but I'm worried that my CM is affected by, um, remnants of BDing... Cuz we use some lubricant (sorry if TMI - Too Much Information!). Do you reckon that affects CM (cervical mucous) at all??? It sounds on track at the moment as today was the first day it changed and I had planned for this day to be the last day BDing so hopefully it all goes according to plan!!! Wish I had ovulation pains, sounds like yours are a very helpful indicator!

Awww clm we will miss you in here but hope you get your BFP (Big Fat Positive Brie) very soon, and who knows??? It may be your little guy coming when he's ready.  bbighug.gif

Aqua when are you testing???

PS - I hope people are okay with me shortening their names when I reply - I find it a bit easier to remember people, but just let me know if there's any probs with that.  original.gif

#103 szj

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hi Aurora!!! sounds like you have it all sorted.....and YEP! I have heard it is harder to tell with CM after unprotected sex as it's mixed with 'other' things  ohmy.gif  I hope I am aware enough of where I am in my cycle to piece it all together! Sounds like you certainly are  original.gif

ME----AF has started today, so here we go!!!! I am so very nervous! I have just beeen researching a new private midwife who has started in our town, I'd love to go through the pregnancy with her, BUT it's so FREAKING expensive!! We have no private health so the hospital will charge $400 a night to stay!!

#104 aurora sleeping

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

Oh gosh szj, we will see!!!! Aggghhhh don't feel like it's all sorted. My mentality is that I am trying for a girl and if, after all that, I have a boy, he was meant to be here.  yyes.gif  And yeah, unprotected sex has thrown me a bit so I'm really relying a bit on the OPKs. But I've used them for a few months so I know how my CM normally goes, and it actually matches with the OPKs pretty well. I'm a bit busy this weekend fyi, going to see the musical Oliver! tomorrow and then my Mum's group is having a night out tomorrow  night. Might pop in on Sunday to see how everyone is going.

Yikes szj, yep that's a bit exxy for the hospital stay - but at least you know way ahead - if you feel it's worth it, go for it, I say. A good friend of mine is a midwife who's employed by an OB and I'll probably go with him again (had him for DS, he works in a team and someone else delivered DS but he was awesome as well).

Have a great weekend!  biggrin.gif

#105 vintage.blue

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (aurora sleeping @ 10/02/2012, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aqua when are you testing???

welllll, in theory, I'd be waiting until the 24th of Feb, but in reality???? I'm not sure?!?! Probable the 22nd or so?? Eeeek! What about you??

szj - woo hoo!!! here we go! I went private with my last 2, but next time I'm going public. We cancelled our private health insurance and can't really afford it plus the out of pocket expenses. I'm hoping I get some lovely midwives. I think I'll hire a doula too for extra support.

Was thinking that maybe we need a little list to see where everyone is up to in their cycle?? Not heaps of info, but maybe just user name, TTC#1,2,3 etc, CD, testing day, gender swinging for??

eg
aqua. TTC#3. CD18. testing Feb 24th. swinging for a girl

what do you think?? I've been going back in the thread to see what everyone is up to, but it's hard to keep track! original.gif

#106 vintage.blue

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

hmmm, maybe without the CD on the list?? Otherwise it'll have to be updated all the time and we might get off track???

#107 aurora sleeping

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well aqua AF is due on 28th Feb but I might test earlier than that - the only thing that would stop me is the knowledge that we may not get a BFP this month as we BD'd quite far away from O (in trying to sway for a girl) so yeah, I don't want to get my hopes up... But maybe that's the very reason I should test early!!! Arrrgghhhhh who am I kidding???? I'll probably test early!!!! What's the earliest I can test??? 6 days before??? I think First Response does 6 days before, so maybe will do that...

And a list would be GREAT!!! Maybe something like:

aurora sleeping
DS1
Swaying for a GIRL  ppinkstork.gif
Testing: 22nd Feb

So we can see what other kids people have? Woo!

#108 szj

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

Add me ladies!!!!!  original.gif

SZJ
Mumma to DD, DS, DS (born sleeping), DS
Swaying for a GIRL  
Testing: 10th March

#109 Alluneedislove

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

Great to see we all getting busy ...

My GP's appointment is on Thursday. I only tested once the other day and am deliberately waiting until Thursday, knowing better each day that it is becoming a reality eexcite.gif . Yeah!!!!!!

Been finding hard to keep a secret though ... Please tell me when should we (DH and I) start to tell our DD (she's 8, I know it's been a while!) ???

Guess I'd have to move to the "Due October 2012" mansion soon.

Happy swaying ladies ... tthumbs.gif

#110 Alluneedislove

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Oh szj and aurora sleeping, thanks for the support. We are definitely finding out the sex.. I hope that will be very easy anyway tthumbs.gif ...

Will keep you updated my dears ...

Edited by Alluneedislove, 12 February 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#111 ~A2~

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Video: 10-week-old baby sounds like she says 'I love you'

It’s mixed in amongst garbled baby talk, but this 10-week-old's apparent attempt at telling her parents that she loves them has made her an internet star.

I only enjoyed pregnancy after booking my caesarean

To say I became obsessed is something of an understatement. Everywhere I went I found cause to be reminded of my impending pain.

When your bundle doesn't bring immediate joy

One mum says joy is very a personal feeling and expecting all new mums to feel it in the months after their baby born may do more harm than good.

Lessons learned from my toddler

Blogger Kiran Chug explains why she is going to let her toddler make more decisions for himself.

Family welcomes first baby girl in more than 100 years

The Silverton family has heard the phrase "it's a girl" for the first time in four generations.

When a community of kindness steps in

In future when someone I care for, or even someone I barely know, is experiencing a difficult time, I will not overthink it. I'll follow my heart.

Mum in Business: Jac Bowie

Jac Bowie is the founder of Business in Heels, one of the fastest growing women’s networking events in Australia. She shares her story, including how she juggles work with a young family, and ways to work smarter.

What not to say to a mum of twins

Being a mum of identical twin boys stirs up great interest and fascination. It also opens itself up to nosy, invasive questions, as well as huge assumptions.

The mums suing over unplanned babies

A mother-of-five who calls her two youngest sons "miracle babies" is just one of many mums seeking financial compensation for their children's unplanned conceptions.

Video: Dad sings 'Hallelujah' to his daughter every year

It's a gorgeous song to begin with, but this dad's version of Hallelujah, sung for his young daughter, is especially touching.

Constipation in babies when starting solids

While starting solids can be frustrating and messy (yet also fun!), introducing solids can also play havoc on tiny digestive systems.

Parents reunited with baby snatched from hospital

A mother whose newborn baby was snatched from hospital has spoken of her joy and relief at getting her daughter back.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies - bump selfies - really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind"?

Life on the other side of the fence: Why I'm child-free and quite content

Acknowledging that motherhood isn't a bed of roses – to begrudge lack of time, sleep, money and spontaneity – is sacrilegious and a no-no, especially by mother superior-types.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Vote for a chance to win $5000

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Baby news for Isla and Sacha

Congratulations are in order for Aussie actress Isla Fisher and her husband, Sacha Baron Cohen.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Vote to win

What are your favourite baby products?

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.