New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 szj

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

GOLD!!
Or should I say pink? LOL!!!!

Well I am on CD 18 and as I suspected from my WCM, Ovulation according to FF and my temps was yesterday, 5 days after WCM YEAH!!!!!!!

Feeling confident and I still have 2 more cycles to chart till TTC

#3 vintage.blue

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

LOL! Silver-pink! biggrin.gif

so good to see so many people!

szj, that's good that your charting is going as you planned. I've been keeping mental track of my CM for months now, and it's the same each month.

I've just finished reading "how to choose the sex of your baby" by Dr Shettles. I borrowed it from the library yesterday and managed to get through most chapters while my boys played around me wink.gif

I think for my first month (next month, woot) I'll DTD up to day 10 and stop. Then the next month up to day 11 and stop. I'll try that for a couple of months and see how we go.

#4 MaxandMe

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

and bronze pink for me! waves.gif

hi everyone (hi aqua and bubba!)

we have decided to postpone ttc til next month. thought we needed to do a full month on all of the supplements and I really want a summer baby so january could be a bit early. april would be ideal, but i realise i cant pinpoint it so precisely!  so am doing my OPKs again, hope i can figure them out better this time (i started trying to pinpoint O a while ago, but i wasnt doing so well).

otherwise not much going on here. my dad is in hospital and has been for the last week so a quick visit up to wollongong today to see him. hope he gets out soon, he hates hospital.

where is everyone from?

A

#5 vintage.blue

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hi MaxandMe original.gif sorry to hear your Dad's in the hospital. I hope he is ok and gets better soon. I'm also waiting a month to get the supps all happening for a month. I'm also trying to get in a bit better shape this month too. I pigged out at Christmas!! Do you have regular cycles? I've found using CM has made me pinpoint O as it's the same each month.

I'm from Sydney original.gif

#6 szj

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hello ladies!

maxandme I used to livein Wollongong, you are around that area? Sorry to hear of your Dad, men in hospital are terrible aren't they!

We are in Bundaberg, QLD.

Oh! Another thing I wanted to share is that we are keeping our TTC a secret, SO many people keep asking "surely you aren't having anymore are you? And I just don't want to see the faces, worst of all is family.
BUT the negative of this is that I am a result of Gender Swaying, my Mum tried for over 16mths to get a girl, and she got TWINS!!! LOL!!! My husband is scared!!
I would love to share this time with My Ma, but she is the loudest in her opinions of how many children we have.

#7 aurora sleeping

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (szj @ 05/01/2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does LOTS of Bding the mth before lessen the sperm count if you are not BDing over the 5- days of AF? I told DH this morning he will have to decrease his sperm count while I have my period, he was horrified! LOL!!!

That's what I'm thinking szj so we're having a 'practice' month this month. Lucky DH.  tongue.gif And yep, we had the talk last night about what needs to be done, re trying for our girl - he's going to have a bit of warm bath action before the main event too, when we get closer.

QUOTE (MaxandMe @ 07/01/2012, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we have decided to postpone ttc til next month.
where is everyone from?

Hey hey MaxandMe, looks like a few of us will be jumping on the bandwagon next month - same here!  ddance.gif  I'm so keen to start TTC as I'm worried it might not happen quickly. I'd love a 2012 bub and there's really not much more time for that left!!!!!

Hope your Dad's okay btw.  unsure.gif  Hope he gets out soon!!!

And I'm from the Sutherland area - so not too far from the Gong!!!  biggrin.gif  Sounds like you, me and Aqualime aren't too far away from each other!  happy.gif

And welcome Bubba08  waves.gif  - the OPKs I got off ebay are these ones:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230600414092?ss...984.m1439.l2649

Hope that helps!!! =) Just remember with them - they show when you get the LH hormone surge and Ovulation occurs 24-48 hours AFTER that. So, once you get a positive OPK, Ovulation is about to happen (please someone correct me if this is wrong as I'm not a seasoned professional, just been doing it the last couple of months).

szj oh man, imagine you had twins!!!!! Good on you trying for another bub despite what others say. You never know what little person you're going to bring into this world, and what wonderful things they might do! bbabyflip.gif

#8 MaxandMe

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

hi everyone!

aurora yippee for next month! i have those OPKs too. Your understanding is the same as mine, I just dont always seem to catch my surge sad.gif  I grew up in Wollongong and went to uni there but now live in canberra. Miss the gong.

szj - i grew up in dapto specifically, went to high school in north wollongong. what about you? Im scared of twins - my mum, my aunts and DHs aunts are twins. Eeeek.

aqua
- my cycles are pretty much spot on 28 days. now that im paying attention, i do notice my CM changing but Im still a bit unsure of it all! Im also trying to lose weight. when i was BF i couldnt keep weight on and Ive kept the party going a little too long and have now packed on a few kilos. need to lose so i have some room to move when i get pregnant!

not much going on here - weather is poo so am just tidying. thinking of buying a new house soon so we are trying to get things done around this place. too much to do! DS starts childcare this week so I am also stressed about that!

hope everyone is well xx

#9 szj

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

maxandme I moved from QLD at the tender age of 17 to be with a boy from Wollongong (read as d***head!! LOL!!) I worked at the Glasshouse night club ,and at times the cafe, MUCH to my parents discust! I also worked in the Sportsco Sports store in the middle of town. I went to Uni there for 2 years, studying teaching. Sadly my opinion of Wollongong is negative, only because of the Boy I was with, NASTY!!

My little bubba (almost 16mths) is sick, has had 39 degree temps for 2 days, hope it's just a virus his body will fight, not getting any sleep, and he is so clingy, makes me think about TTC #4....! But then when I think about not have another baby it hurts in my heart too much, forget logic!!! My heart rules.

#10 vintage.blue

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

szj - I hope your DS feels better soon sad.gif mine are both snuggly boys, especially DS2 who needs to have constant contact with my skin (in particular his hand down my shirt! lol) I do wonder how they will go with a new little baby around. But I'm sure they'll adjust and want to "help"
And oh my goodness! Imagine if you have twins!!

aurora - I'd also love a 2012 bub. My DS1 starts school this year, so it's great timing to have another baby original.gif although, any time would be fine.

I'm not using OPKs but I've ordered some internet cheapy pregnancy tests from ebay so that I don't have to spend much money on HPTs until I get a positive on the cheapies.

I'm back to work tomorrow after the Christmas holidays. I only work 2 days a week so it's not too bad, but I still don't want to go!!

I'm on CD 13 at the moment. bring on next cycle!

#11 vintage.blue

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

How is everyone going?

I'm currently doing weight watchers to get into shape and have been excercising too. I got so big with my last 2 pregnancies and I'm really hoping that I can stay in shape for the next pregnancies.

Anyway, hope everyone is well original.gif

#12 MaxandMe

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hi Aqua! Where is everyone? Hows the weight loss going? im trying to get to my old pre pregnancy weight before i get preggers again.  unfortunately i have no time to work out
sad.gif i miss being fit.

Ive started back at work this week and Max has started childcare.  Its making me so sad. I want to give up work but i cant.

oh well not much else to report. pretty sure I ovulated today so its def around day 13/14. bring on next month!

#13 szj

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

HELLO!!!!

Still, here, just caring for sick children AND a sick DH.....nearly all better so for sure I will get it and everyone will move on with life!

Af due tomorrow...... 2 more cycles till TTC

#14 aurora sleeping

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hi guys, still here!!!! Just went through the whole process of buying a new car, so that took up a bit of time this week!!!!

Only a couple of weeks til TTC!!!!!!!!!! YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!  ddance.gif eexcite.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif ddance.gif eexcite.gif  Always get a tad nervous just before big stuff like this, so feeling that now. I just have to remember that it might take a while and that we're ready. unsure.gif  Plus, I'm not getting any younger!

I'm in the shape I want to be in - lost 10 kgs in prep for getting preg again. And I'm keen to be a bit more sensible this time!!! I'm doing the Dukan Diet.

Anyone taking supps for a girl???? Man, I feel like a pill popper!!!! oomg.gif

MaxandMe just think, it won't be too long and you will be home with another bubba and Max for a little while. I'd like to be home more (I'm teaching 4 days a week this year) but we need to save for the year I will have off, so 4 days it is.

I'm on day 13 too MaxandMe!!! But I did and OPK today and it was negative - normally O around day 16ish, so will wait and see how I go.

So, I'm not going the complete girl diet as I just can't. nno.gif  Plus I'm having a few nights where I have a couple of drinks as I've been pregnant of BFing for 2 years and want to get a couple in before I'm preg again!!!!!

So goodbye from me and my glass of wine! grin.gif

#15 aurora sleeping

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Anyone else still around???

So, I've been doing my OPK's and I think I've figured out that I get a headache and feel really crappy just before my LH levels rise as that's happened the past few months. Which is a great indication for me to be able to stop DTD for a girl. We'll see I guess!!!

Hope you are all well!!! Anyone else gearing up for TTC??? I think there were 3 or 4 of us for next month, and quite a few were going for girls.  bbabyflip.gif

#16 szj

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

HELLO!!!! Still, here, waiting for Af to arrive, INTERESTING though as it was due yesterday  ohmy.gif  The chances of my being pregnant are slim, so I am just thinking my body is teasing me again!

GREAT news about your pre ovulation signs, sounds like a GRREAT indication to stop!!

#17 FeralSingleMum

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi Ladies,

I just thought I should introduce myself. I'm hoping to TTC in the next few months (swaying Pink). DH needs to get the reversal though. He agreed this morning, right off his own back. It all started a few months ago when he said that if he hadn't got the snip we would be TTC #3. I got really upset and talked to him about it. He listened to my point of view and said to leave it with him. I did and we talked about it last night, he asked again for more time. As anxious as I was to hear the answer, I left it. I got my yes this morning and I couldn't believe it!

We are both agree we want a girl, so I'm hoping you lovely ladies can help me on the right path. I wouldn't be TTC until the later in the year so if there anything I should be taking or doing to have my little girl would be much appriciated.

Thanks so much!

#18 aurora sleeping

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Welcome DH+Me+2!!!! waves.gif

So exciting DH is on board for #3!!!! And very brave of him to go in to have the reversal. Woohoo!!! (Gorgeous sig btw, your boys are adorable!!!) wub.gif

My advice this far out from TTC is to start charting so you know exactly when you ovulate as, for a girl, you need to know this. You can check out the charting forums for help with that. Unless you have a really predictable cycle!

There's a post at the beginning of this thread that goes through all of the strategies people can use to sway for a particular gender, and that's worth a read to see what you'd be keen to try. A few things like diets etc need to be started about 6 weeks before TTC.

szj - did AF arrive???

Hope you are all well - about 2 weeks til TTC!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!  ddance.gif

#19 FeralSingleMum

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thanks aurora sleeping,

He is very brave but willing which is great! I will have a look through PP to see the tips and tricks!

Hope all goes well for TTC journey! What are you swaying for?

#20 szj

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

HELLO!!!

YES Af arrived, only 2 days late, at least I know where I am at now.
2 more cycles and then we are all systems go!

Welcome DH+ME+2 Aurora sleeping has the advise all covered, get to know your body and you will be on your way to a great shot of swaying PINK, I am going pink too!!

Auroroa sleeping HOW EXCITING ARGH!!!!! Habe you fallen pregnant easily in the past? YEAH!!! Hope those undies are tight on your DH LOL!!!

Tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of losing our 1st born son, Levi, he was stillborn at 26wks, I just HATE this time of the year, it's such an emotional drain and I always wonder how we are going to get through it, but we always do, with eachother

#21 CheriDeMomie

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Just wondering if I can join this group please? We are TTC and sway for a boy! AF is on her way so we are out for this month, will try again this coming cycle and then stop until end of April as we head to Europe for 3 weeks for my 40th and will try again over there! I have a feeilng we need to be on holiday and relaxing to have some success!

Is anyone else swaying for a boy?

#22 szj

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hi Cherie

We have swayed for a boy twice! I found it SO easy, once you have pin pointed Ovulation. That's all we did, no diet or anything, but Dh naturally wears boxers, at that point in time worked in the freezers at Woolies and HEY! we got 2 boy pregnancies.
Is it easy to pinpoint ovulation for you?

#23 CheriDeMomie

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

It seems to be! We did it the day before O and the day after O this month but I just started spotting so no go for us this cycle - it's only the 2nd cycle though ...

We already have a girl and would love a boy to complete our family! DP is out working hard yacka all day, so he is very fit ... I wonder if that helps?

I've got OPKs to use for this cycle and i'm using FF to chart, so I reckon we know when I ovulate!

Did you do it on the day of ovulation to get your boys?

#24 szj

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?d=2006-08-01

See if the above link works?
It is my cycle the month we concieved our son.

Is you Dh in the sun working? He needs to keep his "regions" as cool as possible for boy sperm and have little to no sex from Af to ovulation

#25 CheriDeMomie

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Oops! I can't see the chart just a blank calendar?

He gets very hot and sweats a lot whilst working ... he is labouring at the moment so could be working inside or outside but always working very hard and usually very sweaty ... is that a problem?

We were trying to do the abstain then go for it ... but then I heard that this is the reverse and that you are better to do a day on then a day off?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

Tales from the homefront

When you're at work you sort of assume that your house is basically just sitting there quietly doing nothing until you return. However, since spending my days at home, I've learned this couldn't be further from the truth.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Single, pregnant - and 51

She first became a mum at 49 - now, two years later, Tracey Khan is pregnant with her second child.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.