Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 renmaro

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Gold!

Happy New Year all, hope it's a good one!

newyearbaby - Congrats on a good scan and you're having a boy/girl set - how lovely! I understand completely about holidays only being 'good' with littlies in tow. They're still work just different location - and in fact can be a bit harder because the location isn't as childproofed as your own home. I'm also in major organising mode for January - thinking it might be my last 'good' month for a while (maybe for the next couple of years at least!).

moomoomegsi - Welcome and congratulations!! I have my mum and 2 aunts on the Central Coast, it's a beautiful area, whereabouts are you! Sounds like you have wonderful family back-up available. My DH will take the 1st month off, then our mums will probably help out from time to time - not sure though how much help they will really be. I also feel and look quite big and am getting some shocked looks when I say how far along I actually am! It's a bit of a worry really, how big can one get?!

cattymeow - Welcome and congratulations to you too!! Glad your NT scan went so well.

sammitty - so pleased to hear Beau is making wonderful progress. Can't believe how big your two little boys already are! My friend had her little girl last year at 28weeks at 885g! Wow you got the Baby Jogger City Select! Do you mind sharing where and how much please?

AFM - Over 18 weeks now. Morphology ultrasound tomorrow! I'm very excited but a bit nervous too as the babies movements I think have been a bit less the last few days - I know it's still early days for movement though - but I will be relieved to see them both tomorrow. I think I'm caving on finding out the sexes too - it's so very tempting! And it will definitely help with organising - I'm talking myself into it now!

I'm feeling almost 100% now, with regards to morning sickness, I just feel a little yuck first thing in the morning if I've had a bad night's sleep. Speaking of which I'm probably in for one tonight, as we've just moved my DS into DD's bedroom today. Our house is a small 3 bedder so we thought it best to get the bigger two settled into a room together sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed the transition goes smoothly!

Hope all is well with you all,

Renee.

#3 newyearbaby

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi everyone, it sounds like everyone is going as well as can be which is great.

Sammitty - you are sounding really happy and positive. Good work on the house and braving out the lack of mod cons and being pregnant at the same time. Brilliant work!

AFM - I had my first antenatal visit at the hospital yesterday and it was interesting. They run the twins clinic on the same afternoon as the pregnant women with drug and alcohol problems. So as the doctor said they have somehow mixed the largest women with the smallest women. It makes for a very interesting waiting room indeed!!

I was quite surprised at RPA's protocols around twin delivery, and am actually quite happy. So all I have to do is get both babies head down, and I should be able to have a natural vaginal birth without too much intervention. We'll see how things progress over the coming months I guess. I was also surprised to hear they let you go to 39 weeks if all is well. Once again, we'll see I guess. Apparently because my last baby was a 9 pounder the twins should be around 7 pounds at full term. Not sure I will make it to 39 weeks (or even want to) if I am carrying 14 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I had a lovely altercation with a neighbour this morning. My husband, my kids and I were sitting at the table in our kitchen eating breakfast and chatting away at about 7.30am. Nobody was crying or getting yelled at. It was just general chit chat noise from a family of 5.. Then suddenly our neighbour sticks his head out a window and yells in a loud maniacal voice, "would you just shut the f... up!!!"

Apparently his hangover gave him the right to ask us to not talk over breakfast. Hmmm!!! Lets just say it got quite heated after that and more profanities were sent our way. I'm certainly no patron saint and say a few swear words here and there in front of the kids, but who has the right to swear their head off to small children like that whilst they are sitting in their own home???

Anyway, enough of a rant from me. Enjoy your days everyone.

#4 Sammitty

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

Feelin hot hot hot...ugh

Renmaro - You can get the BJCS cheaper from the US or NZ baby sites but i didn't have the money upfront so i laybyed at Kid Essentials in Canberra.  They are so lovely and put it together for me and do twin discounts on eveything as the owner has twins.  So i ended up paying $1200.00 for the pram, second seat and two capsule adapters - i am hiring the capsules from them. i could of got the pram and second seat from the US for about $900 but didn't have that lying around original.gif

NewYearBaby - Your neighbour sounds like a tool!  If you have a big dog teach him to poop in your neighbours yard original.gif
Your waiting room does sound interesting!!
I am having the boys at Canberra Hospital and they too are very pro natural births and going as long as is safe....which i know is great and would be loving it if i didn't need a ceaser.  Now i am just being impatient and want a ceaser date..patience is a virtue Sam original.gif

i have to wait till atleast 34 weeks before they will book a date and then i know i am being bad but i would like them at 36 weeks.  I am starting to struggle and the heat is finally here and they weigh a ton and will double before then.  I am born to have big bubs (DS was 4545kg 56cm and natural....argh!! original.gif

I know i will go as long as i need too though original.gif

Anyways back to work

#5 renmaro

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

newyearbaby - my aunt (not blood related) has twin brothers who were 9 pounds EACH  ohmy.gif  What a load!

sammitty - not sure we can even afford a second hand BJCS from Ebay as they still seem to sell for over $500 but I do covet one. We already have 2 prams (from the other kids) and combined they cost $1200 so to spend that again is hard to swallow, especially with the other mounting costs! But you never know, one can always live in hope.
I am amazed by what you fit into your life... work, a little boy with many medical appointments, renovating a home whilst living there, pregnant with twins... you are amazing!

AFM - Had the morphology scan 2 days ago and it's  babygirl.gif and  babygirl.gif  for us!!

We also discovered Twin B has a two vessel cord. It was explained to us that 99% of the time the umbilical cord has three vessels (one vein and two arteries) and 1% of the time there are only two vessels (one vein and one artery).

Twin B is currently 8 days behind Twin A in growth and the cord is the reason for this. We need to have closer monitoring to keep an eye on the growth of Twin B because apparently there is a higher chance of IUGR. We were told that apart from her small size Twin B otherwise appears healthy and 'perfect'.

I feel a little worried and stressed but we have another scan in 3 weeks time to see how things are going.

#6 newyearbaby

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

renmaro - I didn't know that about cords. Hopefully Twin B doesn't fall any further behind. Fingers crossed that everything is progressing well at your next scan. It's good to hear they are healthy other than that. It must be stressful. Eat up on the proteins and do good things for yourself in the coming weeks. And OMG on the 9 pounder twins! Now I am worried!! My concerns at the start of this pregnancy were about the twins growing well enough, now I am worried they might grow too well, if there is such a thing!

Sammitty - have they given you any indication of how big your twins are at this stage and what they are likely to be at 36 weeks? Am curious if DS was over 4.5kg!! If it helps, my sister's first baby was somewhere around 5.5kg (11lb-14oz) and she had her vaginally too.

AFM - my tool of a neighbour situation continues and we are now trying to work out whether to stay and put up with it, rent our house out or just sell up. Can't say I needed this right now. But then I think of you Sammitty and all that's going on in your world, and think I will be getting some inspiration and oomph from you. Actually from all of you for that matter!

#7 missjoads1234

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi all,

Not alot of time for personals sorry, but i hope everyone is going along ok esp in this heat  sad.gif

Almost 32 weeks and not coping well at all. OB wants to deliver at 35 weeks which scares me, but the girls are still having fluid dramas. Im beyond exhausted and struggling seriously through the days. Im scared that i cant physcially and mentally make 35 weeks.

Anyhow enough sooking. Will be back soon to catch up.  hheart.gif

#8 newyearbaby

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

Joads, hope all works out okay for you and the bubs.
Hang in there for as long as you can. Just think a while back you weren't sure you were going to make it past 26 weeks. Thinking of you x

#9 renmaro

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

missjoads - I'm so sorry you're having a tough time. Do you have much support available to you? If possible is anyone able to help with your older boy so you can rest? I know sleep is hard to come by when you're big and uncomfortable but perhaps some time on the couch with your feet up and a good DVD to watch could take your mind off things - if only for a little while? I do hope the next 3 weeks fly by and just think you'll be holding your gorgeous girls soon and all this hard work will have paid off. Take care of you.

newyearbaby - what a shame your neighbour is making living in your own home a nightmare. Can you ask the police for advice? I guess on the subject of if you should stay or go I'd ask myself a few questions... Do you really like your home? Will it still fit your family once your twins arrive? It's just if you do decide moving is the answer you probably want to consider doing it before you get much bigger. I hope you're able to sort out this stressful situation soon.

#10 newyearbaby

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

Hi all, a question for all of you.

I keep waiting for this appetite surge that I have read about in books and it doesn't seem to be coming. I am over 16 weeks now and I reckon I eat less than I did before I was pregnant. But then I was still breastfeeding my other baby (until the day I discovered I was pregnant with twins, and decided pretty quickly that feeding 4 people was way too much to accomplish).

Just wondering how everybody's appetite is really? And do you remember it kicking in at a specific point?

Now as for my neighbour issues, renmaro, we were already thinking that we would probably have to move at some point, but I didn't want to do it before getting through pregnancy and the 1st year with the twins really. At this point we have now decided to stay put and build some massive privacy screens in the backyard. We figure our neighbour certainly isn't going anywhere so at this stage we will just pretend he isn't there. I am making some calls today to get some quotes. There are also some other things we wanted to do in the house before we sold it, so we are going to focus on getting them done in the next few months. Then at least we will be ready to sell if and when we decide to or if something comes up that will suit us much better. We can't get rid of him but we can block him completely from view!
And lets just hope that the nail in my husband's car tyre yesterday morning was just merely a coincidence!!!!

Hope everyone is going well. I'm feeling full of energy today and am going to get lots of house sorting done ... I hope!!!

#11 Spock

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

hi ladies,

wondering if you mind me joining your little bg? I'm 7 weeks pregnant with twins. I have a bit of a sad history - ivf over 3 years due to low ovarian reserve, inolved 6 losses including 1 ectopic pregnancy. anyway, this one is looking good - first time we have ever had a good 1st scan original.gif . This cycle we used donor eggs which I think has done the trick. I no nobody with twins, so am both happy, over the moon actually and a bit scared.

I am already showing which makes it difficult to hide at work. only my work team know (more for medical necessity) but otherwise not keen on sharing till after we see our ob on 1st Feb at the earliest. i would rather not tell anyone till after the nt scan but not sure if it will be possible to hide my belly after that.

am already eating heaps, seems to be the only way I keep nausea away. Getting out of breathe very easily and tired all the time. is this too early to be feeling that way? Is it normal to show early when carrying twins?

looking forward to getting to know you all.

#12 Sammitty

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Aloha,

Renmaro - I am crazy - not amazing original.gif
Congrats on your perfect girls!!! Sending good vibes for twin 2.  I don't really understand but hoping for the best!!

9 pound!! argh!! Mine are both measuring a good two weeks ahead but thankfully still within normal range (for singletons mind you)  They were 1.4kilos each at 27 weeks.  I am hoping for smaller bubs - say 7-8 pound would be nice original.gif  If they keep growing at this rate i would like them out at 36 weeks but will keep them in as long as is safe original.gif

Newyearsbaby - Neighbours suck!!!  Good luck and i like your barrier idea.  Hope it works and that they had nothing to do with the nail in the tyre!

As for appetite - nup.  I eat much less when pregnant.  I have to make myself eat or i wont, no interest whatsoever.  I have found that i will make a meal and be lucky to eat half so DH finishes it off and ends up getting a belly original.gif  I have put on 2kilos this pregnancy - though i was still carrying an extra 15 from DS

Spock - Welcome!! and Congrats!!!  It all sounds normal.  I was really tired in the first tri and queasy from early on till 12 weeks then it got better.  Now at 30 weeks i am back to being tired and wanting cups of tea again - off the coffee again.  I know i felt fuller with the twin pregnancy and showed a lot earlier too.  I also know that i didn't feel bubs till much much later as the placentas were in the front and behind so don't worry if you don't feel them till later.  Mine were well after 20 weeks.

Miss Joads - You Can Do It!! I am sending you what little 'energy vibes'i have left. i would send you my mother in law too coz she is fab but i am using and abusing her for ds sorry!!

Try and get some rest and relax (pfft try!!!!) I look forward to seeing beautiful pics of your beautiful healthy girls who will wait like good girls till atleast 36 weeks!!

AFM - Well DS is very unimpressed with the world now he can hear properly original.gif  He has this constant look of 'What the hell!!! This is not what i have been hearing, you mean it's the Wiggles!!"  He is being very good and not pulling the hearing aids out so that is great, i just love the look o his face when he hears things.  He laughs when i say Puss, he has been saying Huss Huss.  We are in Westmead this week for grommets so will see how that goes too.

The twins are all good - poor boys have to be they don't get much thought or attention sad.gif  My bathroom was ripped out on the weekend so we have moved back in with the inlaws who are wonderful and MIL is happy to take on chasing DS around so that is great.  Hopefully have it all done and be back in the house by their arrival - but i doubt it original.gif

It is getting hot and i am getting over it.  original.gif ahh the joys of pregnancy  

i would love the hospital to let me veg in there from 36 weeks till they evict the boys. I just want to rest and sleep all day, it would be a little holiday original.gif  but then i have always wanted to sleep all day even when not pregnant.

Anyways hugs and sloppy kisses (From Beau) and oooo i really want a puppy!!  hee hee

#13 renmaro

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

sammitty - my lord! A puppy? Don't you have enough on your plate!! Honestly you're inspiring, if I were the one evicted from my home and not sure if I'd be back before these babies are born I'd be a mess. You certainly have a wonderfully positive attitude!

spock - Welcome and a huge congratulations to you! What a journey you've had, I hope the road from here is smooth and straightforward. Can't help you on the showing early bit - I still had a little tummy from my last bub so already looked a bit pregnant when I wasn't (even got asked by a stranger once when I was due!) Now at 19 weeks I look like I don't have long to go!

newyearbaby - I definitely eat more when breastfeeding than when pregnant - I'm yet to pass my pre pregnancy weight but after they're born the kilos will arrive too. My appetite has increased though compared to a few weeks back when the dreaded morning sickness was still around but I wouldn't call it a surge. Geez, I hope that bugger didn't have anything to do with the nail! Good luck utilising that energy surge around the house today!

#14 newyearbaby

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hey spock, welcome aboard. This pregnancy won't be easy but hopefully it lasts a very long time for you. Congratulations on having a good first scan. That's a good sign so far.

I too was ridiculously tired from early on in pregnancy. Should have probably known something was different, so yes the twins definitely took it out on me from early on. I wouldn't make it to 11am without a power nap (5 mins was all I my kids would allow) and then I would pass out again at about 3pm, and then go to bed at 9pm. I don't need the power naps anymore (from about 13 weeks) but I usually pass out on the lounge by about 8.30pm.

And as for showing, I get really bloated at 5 weeks. Have done in all my pregnancies and this time around was no exception. I was fully showing by 9 weeks, and couldn't hide it at all. So I didn't bother. Have been in some maternity clothes since then and I easily look 26 weeks pregnant now (at 16 weeks).

I am definitely in the better part of the pregnancy now though, and am hoping I get a good month of this before the heavy, sore feelings start and the daytime tiredness kicks back in.

And Sammitty, it sounds like you could do with some delays on your house so your MIL can help you out afterwards too. It's great that you like her so much and that she is willing to help. Accept all the help she will give I say. And good luck with Beau's grommits...

#15 heatherbell89

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Newyearbaby - my appetite surge hit around 33 weeks, I would eat brekfast snack snack lunch snack snack dinner then a BIG snack after that ..... now that I am breastfeeding the twins I seem to still be eating the same and be ravenous all the damn time lol

#16 Winnie75

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

hello lovely twin ladies!

Merry Xmas / Happy holidays and a happy new year!  Sorry for the lack of replies - I've been up in QLD at my sister's place for Xmas and am just now back at work.  Welcome to all the newbies and hello to the lovely ladies from pre-Xmas.

MissJoads - how are you feeling now?  How are the girls fluids going?  you poor thing.  I hope things are resolved soon - it sounds like you are close to delivering now.  Getting to 32 weeks is simply awesome and even if the girls come now it would be completely fine.  Any extra time is a bonus.  

Newyear baby - we too had a 'feud' with our neighbours which completely sucks as it casts such a bad vibe over the one place you want to have as your sanctuary - your own home.  Ours started with garbage bins - don't ask....god i hated them!  We put up with it for two years until they moved.  Its so nice now that they are not around anymore.  Ours were the other half of our duplex though and so you might be able to physically block out and forget about your neighbour more successfully than we could?  Privacy screens sound like a great idea.  As much as you can try not to think about the situation as you'll be home an enormous amount very soon and you won't want the stress from hating your neighbour.  

Renmaro - good luck with the cords.  Finding out somehting like that would be stressful - how are you doing?  I don't know if this helps but my best friend had the same condition but her babies were completely fine.  Good luck and please keep us posted.

Spock - welcome!  I felt truly awful from about 5 weeks onwards.  My morning sickness is getting better now and has been since about 20 weeks or so (23 weeks now)....i can usually make it go away with food now whereas before that wasn't enough.  Bloating, nausea, vomiting, so so so tired....I am not a good example of a pregnant person!  Its so nice starting to feel better now as i can actually "enjoy" it more.  But please don't think I am a typical example as most girls don't have it as badly as me so please don't be worried - for most people the morning sickness is fully gone by the end of the first trimester by the latest...and many only feel crap for a couple of weeks from say week 6-8.  It goes without saying i am very jealous of these ladies!

AFM - all is going well.  The MS is starting to get better which is JUST BRILLIANT.  I am bloody enormous!  I feel huge but i know i am still smallish  original.gif  Saw the OB last Thursday and heartbeats etc all fine.  I have my next proper scan at 26 weeks - are you girls getting all those extra twin scans?  I'll do the diabetes test then too.  Both babies are feet down at the moment and i am really hoping they'll turn.  Does anyone know when the last week of twin babies turning is?  I'd love to go a vaginal birth again but i understand a c section might be necessary.  Oh well - theres nothing i can do about it!

I hope everyone has a great day!

X winnie

#17 newyearbaby

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hi Winnie, glad you are feeling a bit better now. I finally have energy to do more than one thing each day so am madly trying to get our house into function and order!

RPA where I am at, wanted to do the diabetes test now (16-18wks) and again at 28 weeks. I managed to convince them to only do it once for me, so I too will do it at 26 weeks. I was fine in my first pregnancy and I declined the test last pregnancy.

As for scans, after the 18-20 week one, the standard ones at RPA are at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. Not sure what happens after that. I guess it depends on what position the babies are at and any conditions etc.

The Ob I saw last week wouldn't give me an exact last week for twins turning. He said it is different with each woman, however he did mention loosely that they are unlikely to turn after 28 weeks. But I have heard stories about twins turning later than this. Maybe some of the mums that are later on in pregnancy or have had theirs can shed some more light on this. I'm very curious too!

For my last two pregnancies I was seeing a chiropractor as I get bad SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) in pregnancy. He also does a technique called Webster which helps to put babies in a head down position. Some body workers think it is hocus pocus but it certainly worked on me. DS1 was in position at 31 weeks and DS2 at 28 weeks. So I will definitely be going down this path again in the hope that both babies can be put head down by 24 weeks. Fingers crossed it works a 3rd time!

As for my walls, a landscape gardener who lives down the road came over to look at our yard today and thinks he should be able to get the job done quickly, so hopefully I can forget the neighbour exists within a couple of weeks. Yay!

Anyway, have a great day!

#18 missjoads1234

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hello everyone  biggrin.gif Thanks for the pick me up messages. Im feeling alot better.

Good to hear from you again Winnie. How many weeks r u now? Any hints on sexes?
Yes ive had a few extra scans, mostly just because if the fluid issues. Ive been told if all looks normal for Frat twins i think its only 2-3 extra scans. So glad ur MS is gone  eexcite.gif

Cant be long til you know the sexes Renmaro?? How are you going?

Hi Spock (doctor that is!). Im sorry to hear of your journey and praying this is a sticky twin set for you! Have you had any early scans yet? Are they identical or frat?

Sammity ive been thinking of you, the boys and Beau. How did his grommets go?
A puppy?! Your crazy my lady. We are similar in weeks arnt we? How are you feeling? Anything like me, the side of a house.

Hi newyearbaby you must be getting close to knowng sexes too? Hopefully you can forget your neighbour for a little bit!

As for me i have exciting news! Guess what........
I know when the girls are coming and its only a couple weeks away!!! 3rd Feb is the big day. OB is concerned about these fluid issues so he made a decision today. Im so excited beyond belief  eexcite.gif  tthumbs.gif  biggrin.gif

#19 newyearbaby

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hey MissJoads, Wow 3 Feb, that isn't too far at all. It must take a bit of pressure off now knowing the date. Exciting times!!! Keep us up to date with your last couple of weeks if you can and certainly update us as soon as you can afterwards. Good luck with everything x

We are pretty sure that we are having a boy/girl set. The 13 week scan definitely revealed that Twin B was a boy and the sonographer was pretty confident that Twin A was a girl. We'll confirm for sure in 12 days, and then I can go and buy some girls things. We have A LOT of boys stuff!!

#20 renmaro

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi girls,

winnie75 - So glad your sickness has passed and you're able to enjoy the pregnancy more now.
The friend you mentioned with the cord problem, was she pregnant with twins too? I haven't heard from anyone with the problem with twins and of course there is an extra risk of IUGR with an extra baby in there anyway. I'd love to hear some positive stories from the twins angle.
No idea about twins turning but I'm sure there's still plenty of time. I'm starting to let go of my hopes for a vaginal birth and accept that a c-section in my case is safer for babies and me. I had a vaginal delivery with my first then an emergency c-section for my second (had a quick spontaneous 1st stage of less than 3 hours, but he got stuck during the pushing stage, so after 2 hours of trying different positions with no descent from him off to theatre we went). Unfortunately the c-section was not straight forward - my uterus tore at an angle and I had a PPH. Because of the angle tear I've been told if I was to attempt a vaginal delivery I'm at increased risk of rupture and now coupled with the fact I have a smaller twin a c-section is safer.

newyearbaby - how are your walls coming along? I hope they bring peace and privacy!

missjoads - hi there. Wow, you have a date! How very exciting!! Have you decided on names yet? Are you in hospital on bed rest at the moment? Good luck!
It's two girls for me too!! I'm currently being surrounded by pink as lots of friends are dumping their little girls clothes on me. Maybe I can send some your way newyearbaby!

AFM - Trying to fight off the staying at home blues. I'm still without a car (it's been 4 weeks since we sold mine) and I am not in a convenient area for being carless - 25 min walk to supermarket/small shopping area plus it's very hilly around here. My 2 year old and 3 year old are climbing the walls from boredom too. I have lots to do organising and cleaning wise around the house but losing my motivation. I am praying we will buy me a people mover within the next week (or two), the Grand Carnival is looking likely.

#21 Spock

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

hello everyone, thanks for welcoming me to this bg. I'm afraid I have to say goodbye.

****warning loss mentioned****
for the past week i noticed that my pregnancy symptoms have been weaker. Anyway, with my history, and knowing we would just get nervous, we booked in for s scan today for peace of mind. It looks like one of the babies stopped growing over the weekend, so I am no longer pregnant with twins. One baby is still looking good with a nice strong heartbeat. I am heartbroken for the one we have lost as obviosuly was attached to both but I am hoping like crazy our now one little bub will make it.

So I will bow out of this group, but wish you all the best of luck and happy lives ahead.

#22 missjoads1234

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

Im so sorry Spock  sad.gif Thats awful for you. Im praying so hard the other twin is sticky. Please let us know how you go.  hhugs.gif All the best xx

#23 renmaro

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

I'm so sorry to read your news Spock. I'm sending you lots and lots of positive wishes for your other bub. Take care x

#24 Sammitty

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Spock - big hugs and all the best with your bub!

Renmaro - Argh! no car would suck! i couldn't manage so you need a medal.

Miss JOads - Woo hoo, yay and woo hoo!!  A date is awesome!  I am 30 weeks so i would like the end of feb, but likely middle of march here.  Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful girls!

Hi everyone else!

We did the grommets yesterday and all good, he is a rock star!
Nothing to report on the twins, all good and big and punching on with each other as usual.  Next scan is on 13 feb, though i have to see the ob next week for check up.  

As for heads down, mine were in position about 24 weeks i think.
And OW it would hurt if they turned at 30 or after.  I got some good moves today that made me wince!!

#25 newyearbaby

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

Spock - That must be a bag of mixed emotions. I'm very sad for your loss, but very glad the other baby is looking strong. Wishing you all the best, and please if you feel okay to, drop in from time to time to let us know how you are going. Good luck with everything x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.