MIDWIFERY STUDENTS seeking EB Members - POST HERE
New thread 03/01/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#1 Freckles

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi ladies,

If you are a Student Midwife who needs to ask for members to help finish their course requirements, you are welcome to post here.

Please ensure that you get members to PM you for further information (note that contact details will be removed for your own safety).

Make sure you state the state/town etc that you are in so that you only get members from your area.

Good luck.

Old thread is here.

Edited by lucky 2, 30 December 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#2 Isis

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hello!

I'll add my details here for any women in the GEELONG region who are open to having a midwifery student follow them through their pregnancies. Public pregnancy care, private with an OB, at home with a private midwife, I'd love to be involved.

A little about me- My name is Isis, this year I will be a 4th year double degree (B.Midwifery/B.Nursing) student at Deakin Uni. I have birthed three children, two in hospital and one at home. I am a certified doula and have supported women in both hospital and home births.  My five year plan for employment after graduation is in private midwifery, with the place of birth (home or hospital) being dictated by the woman and her baby's requirements.

I aim to have maximum of 2 women being followed at any time, so I can devote as much of my time to attending your appointments in between lectures and my own child-wrangling. I am required to spend a minimum of 10 hours with you over the course of your pregnancy, birth and postnatally, with 2 appointments postnatally. Ideally we would meet while you are in the early stages of pregnancy (though the first meet can be up to 32 weeks) so we can get to know each other a little in order to build a rapport.

I am located just north of Geelong, and am willing to travel up to Werribee and down as far down as Anglesea. Please PM me if you are interested in taking part in this fantastic program and helping out a midwifery student!

Edited by Isis, 05 January 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#3 Hannahbanana

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Warrnambool and surrounds Mums

Hi my name is Lisa and I am just finishing off my second year of a combined Nursing/Midwifery degree at Deakin Uni. I am currently looking for any mums-to-be in the Warrnambool and surrounding areas that would be interested in taking part in a Continuity of Care (CoC) experience and help support my practical and ongoing learning. In return I can offer continual support through pregnancy, labour and birth (if you and your partner are comfortable with that), and the post natal period.

I am a mum to 3 kids myself and have experienced both caesarean and then vaginal birth and am happy to support either mode because the main focus of the follow through program is not the method of delivery. The focus is all about continuity and support. My goal is to form a trusting professional relationship with you, so that during your pregnancy and at the time of your baby's birth regardless of how and where, you have someone with you who you know and trust and is only there to support you and your wishes for the birth.

So if you live in the Warrnambool area and are interested finding out more about the program and in helping me wink.gif  gain some extremely valuable practical experience by being a part of the CoC experience, please PM me and we can organise a time to have a chat.

Edited by Hannahbanana, 29 August 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#4 Lilli3

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hi,

I am in second year of midwifery at ACU  in  Melbourne.  As part of my course I am taking part in the Follow  Through  Program which involves supporting pregnant women during  pregnancy,  birth (optional) and the early postnatal period whilst  obtaining the  life experience I need to become an outstanding midwife.

My  involvement tends to vary with each woman - I have attended   appointments and ultrasounds, antenatal classes, caught up for coffee and been invited as   a support person at the birth.  Information and   details are all anonymous and I will be mentored throughout the course   by a qualified midwife.

I am 31yo, married with a young daughter and live in the Prahran area. If you or  someone you know is interested in  taking part in the program or would  like more information please PM me.

Edited by Freckles, 10 January 2012 - 09:13 AM.
Ed. to remove contact details. Interested members can contact you via the PM system.

#5 elisemidstudent

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hi Everyone!

My name is Elise, I am a third year Bachelor of  Midwifery student at Australian Catholic University in Melbourne. As  part of my course I participate in the 'Follow Through Journey Program',  this program allows me to follow women through their pregnancy and  early parenting journey and provides me with an invaluable learning  opportunity and the chance to provide women with individual support and  assistance during their pregnancy and early parenting journey.

So, if you're less than 35 weeks pregnant and live in the eastern or south eastern suburbs of Melbourne please don't hesitate to PM for more information!

Edited by elisemidstudent, 15 January 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#6 Golden_Sunlight

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Edited by Golden_Sunlight, 27 August 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#7 Small Potatoes

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Edited by Small Potatoes, 09 February 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#8 Goggie

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hi Elisemidstudent or Golden_Sunlight,
I have tried to PM both of you but keep getting error messages. I'm a first timer open to hearing more about your program. I'm due Sep and having a baby at Mercy in Heidelberg.
If either of you need another mother please let me know.

cheers

#9 slbut3

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (tauruspregnant! @ 01/02/2012, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Elisemidstudent or Golden_Sunlight,
I have tried to PM both of you but keep getting error messages. I'm a first timer open to hearing more about your program. I'm due Sep and having a baby at Mercy in Heidelberg.
If either of you need another mother please let me know.

cheers

Hi tauruspregnant!

My name is Shona and I am a second year midwifery student at Monash Uni and I am also seeking mums to be to follow through their pregnancy and birth experience. I am located in Lysterfield but i am more then happy to travel!
Please get in touch if you are interested and would like to know more.
I have tried to PM message you but only seem to get error messages as well!

Regards Shona

#10 slbut3

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hi ladies,

Just bumping my post up to let you all know I am currently still seeking another 3 mums to be for this year and another 3 for next year.
I am about commence the second year of my degree and will be starting my weekly placements in March with Southern Health (Dandenong, Monash and Casey hospital). I am loacted in Rowville and still more then happy to travel!

Please feel free to contact me if you think might be interested in helping me out or if your would like to know more!
Thanks for reading! original.gif

Regards

Shona

#11 Freckles

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Note from Mod: For those who are struggling with sending PM's, please ensure that you have firstly inserted a title (it won't send the PM without a title) and secondly have selected the Standard Text Editor. This is on the right above thePM box and is a picture of 2 arrows, almost like a yin yang sign. Once you have selected this you should be able to send the PMs.

Hope this helps.

#12 DJs_mama

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Hi,
I'm a second year Bachelor of Midwifery (Post reg) student with UniSA. I am returning to my course after a 1 year leave of absence to focus on being a mama and looking after an unwell family member. A bit about myself, Ive just turned 25, I work part time as Registered Nurse and have a gorgeous energetic 4 year old little girl biggrin.gif I study externally and currently live in the country about an hour from adelaide but am in the process of moving to the city. I am currently looking for any lovely mums-to-be in adelaide (or the hills/murray mallee) that may be interested in having a student midwife 'follow' them throughout their pregnancy and journey to parenthood. This program is an invaluable learning experience and has many benefits for mums and dads where we can provide additional support and a familiar face throughout your pregnancy.
The follow through program requires me to accompany women to a minimum of two antenatal and postnatal visits and the birth of your baby, although if you decide against my presence at the birth then thats entirely up to you. I can do as much or as little as you like, you see your regular care provider and I work under their supervision and guidance. You are in complete control and can withdraw at any time if you decide you no longer wish to have a student midwife. If you would like more information or to have a student midwife please feel free to pm me for more information and I will do all I can to help you
Thanks
Courtney

#13 CaitlinSM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hello, I am a second year unisa mid student, as part of my study I have the chance to follow women through their pregnancy as it will aid me in my study. I live close to the city but I love to drive so no hospital is to far away, so lady's if your keen to have a student please send me a message to set up a time to met up for a chat to give you the chance to get to know me befor you decide to have a student. TThank you original.gif

#14 Dechen

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi everyone original.gif

My name's Sheree, I'm a midwifery student seeking pregnant women in Melbourne who are   interested in the Continuity of Care Experience at Australian Catholic   University -- a free program that connects midwifery students and women   who would like a familiar and supportive presence throughout their   pregnancy and birth, and postnatally. It also gives students an   invaluable learning experience.

I believe and trust in birth as a normal and transformative life event.   I'm passionate about physiological birth and breastfeeding, and am full   of awe at the strength and grace women possess during birth.

If you are less than 35 weeks pregnant, I would love to hear from you.   Whether you are choosing to give birth at home, in a hospital, or a   birth centre, I would be honoured to learn from you and be a part of   your journey.

Please feel free to contact me via PM for more information. I'm happy to   answer any questions you have. I live in Moonee Ponds, but am happy to   travel.

Thanks!

Edited by Dechen, 20 February 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#15 Blingy

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Have sent a PM Sheree ... Hope it worked!

#16 carli

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hi - Looking for Pregant women in Adelaide and Suburbs.
My name is Carli and i am commencing a Bacheor of Midwifery at the University of SA.

For my course, I have to provide Continuity of Care to 20 women and attend 40 births as a student.
For the Continuity of Care, i need to attend at least 2 Anti natal visits, the Birth (if allowed by the Family) and 2 Visits after the baby is born.

I would really love to be a part of your pregnancy journey and love every aspect, having had two children myself.
I am located in Northern Suburbs so anywhere in Adelaide and suburbs would be fine.

I do not have to do anything hands on, unless requested by the Registered Midwife.
Thanks so much, it would be much apprecaited.
Please PM me if you would like me to be part of your journey!

Kind Regards
Carli Sharp

#17 polkaudio

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Student midwife looking to support women in Melbourne

Hello All!

My name is Katie and I am a student midwife currently undergoing study at ACU in Melbourne.

As part of our education, student midwives are required to 'follow' 19 amazing pregnant women throughout their perinatal journey, providing support and a friendly face when its needed. I'm here to give you a support during your pregnancy and have a mentor who is an experienced midwife who will guide me.

My role within the program is to support you throughout your pregnancy. This support can range from accompanying you to appointments, gathering information, chatting about anything and everything or just being an open ear and a kind face when you need it. Our contact with each other is definitely not limited to clinical appointments. Its an one on one partnership. Its totally free as I require these contact hours to complete my studies. I'm here to answer any questions you may have, making sure you have unbias information and assisting you in making informed choices.

This is a one-on-one relationship and is treated with the highest respect and confidentiality. If at any stage you would like the relationship to end, it will be. You are in control.

If you are under 35 weeks pregnant and are willing to share your amazing pregnancy journey with me, please PM me. I would LOVE to hear from you.
Most women who participate in our program find it a rewarding and helpful experience. I'm sure we will have a fantastic time together.

Thank you!
Katie

Edited by lucky 2, 22 April 2012 - 04:26 PM.
edited to remove contact details, please contact via pm

#18 slainte1108

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Student Midwife Brisbane looking for generous Mums-to-be!

Hello, my name is Kathryn and I am a first year Midwifery Student at ACU in Brisbane.

A major component of our degree is the Follow Through Journey. I am looking for pregnant women (less than 35 weeks) who are generous enough to allow me to support them throughout their pregnancy, birth and post natal care. The idea behind the program is to promote continuity of care and build on the relationship between midwife and woman. I will, at all times, be mentored by an endorsed midwife. You can have me involved as much or as little as you like.

If you would like more information on the program or to meet me in person I would be absolutely thrilled to do so.  I am a mother of three myself, on the path to fulfilling a long overdue dream!

#19 bloombirthing

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hello All,

My name is Lucy and I am a student midwife at Curtin University in PERTH.
I am too looking for expectant mothers to share their birth journey through pregnancy, labour, birth and the postnatal period - an experience called Continuity of Care.
I have also begun doula and childbirth mentoring training.

Please PM me if you are interested so I may send you more details original.gif

#20 Nic'sgot4

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

1st year Student Midwife Looking to support women on the North side of Brisbane.

Hello, My name is Nicola and I am studying the Bachelor of Midwifery at the ACU Brisbane.

I am looking for 3 pregnant women (under 35 weeks) who would like some extra support through their Pregnancy, Birth and Post natal journey.

If you are interested or would like some more information please PM me.

Thanks for reading  original.gif

#21 PurpleButton

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Student Midwife seeking ladies between Caboolture and Nambour

My name is Mel and I am currently studying my Bachelor of Midwifery at ACU in Brisbane.  As part of our degree, we are focusing on continuity of care and therefore we are required to follow families through their most exciting journey of all: the birth of their newest family member original.gif

If you are less than 35 weeks pregnant and are between Caboolture and the Sunshine Coast and are comfortable and generous enough to have a student midwife support you through you antenatal, labour and post natal journey then please PM me.

Regards,
Mel

#22 Beks87

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Bek and have just started my journey to become a midwife! I am in my first year at Griffith University at Logan in BRISBANE and as most of you would know, as part of our curriculum we are required to 'follow' women through their experience. I would like to attend 5 antenatal appointments, the birth and 3 postnatal appointments. As I have just started, I haven't done any yet so would just be observing the first few but I would be there to support you and listen to what you have to say.

I would be supervised by a registered midwife at all times and if you decided that the follow through experience was no longer for you, that is absolutely fine!

So if any of you ladies are planning on birthing at LOGAN HOSPITAL and are less than 35 weeks I would be so happy to hear from you!

Kind regards

Bek

#23 *Student_Midwife*

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

ppinkstork.gif bbluestork.gif

Hello pregnant ladies original.gif

My name is Julia, I am 28 and I am a first year Midwifery student at Curtin University in PERTH (NOR). I am also a Mum to two young boys, one with special needs, as well as a wife, cook, cleaner ... the list continues wink.gif

As part of our 3 year degree,  students are required to perform 20 Continuity of Care Experiences. This entails finding 20 pregnant women who would be happy to have a student midwife attend 2 antenatal appointments, the labour and birth of their baby, as well as 2 postnatal appointments.
This not only benefits the student with experience, but also adds another level of support for the pregnant lady.

If this is something that possibly interests you, please send me a PM. I am then more than happy to post or email you a brochure and business card. Am happy to answer any of your questions original.gif

I am very excited to share this very special experience in your life eexcite.gif

Julia

#24 lindyloo03

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi,
My name is Linda, I am 36yo and I am a Mother of 4 beautiful children. I am currently studying my dual midwifery and nursing degree at UQ Ipswich in QLD and am in my 3rd year. I need to follow through 10 women thorugh their pregnancies, labour and post partum period.

I would love any women who are wanting to birth at Ipswich Hospital and would love to have continuity of care throughout your pregnancy.

I will be there at your ante-natal visits with you, I will support you through your labour and then I will visit you after you have had your gorgeous new bub to see how you and the baby are going.

If you would like to have a familiar and trusting face with with you at your most vunerable time please PM me so that I may contact you and arrange to meet.

Cant wait to hear from you and look forward to going through this miraculous journey with you.

Linda

#25 ashleylynneclark

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hi my name is Ashley,

I am a 28 year old student midwife at the University of Queensland and a mum of one looking for pregnant women that will birth at Ipswich Hospital.

I would like to be a special part of your pregnancy by attending your ante-natal visits, supporting you through your labor and the birth of your baby as well as a few visits after bub is born.
If you or anyone you know is pregnant and would like to have a student follow you through your pregnancy please contact me.

Edited by ashleylynneclark, 05 March 2012 - 05:42 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.