Michelle Bridges 12WBT support thread
Round 1, 2012

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#151 Guest_HopeFaithLove_*

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have registered my interest to start when the next program begins, but could someone please explain to me how the program works and how much it costs?

Thanks  biggrin.gif

#152 Ianthe

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

It's $199 up front or $20 a week for 12 weeks.

A brief run down-you get pre season tasks for 4 weeks before the official start-2 a week. These work on practical things and your mindset so you are well prepared to start.

Then the challenge starts and there is another 2 videos a week on a range of topics, you are also given a full weeks menu plan and an exercise plan.

There's also forums you can access for information and support.

#153 dessiesgirl

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

I'm thinking about signing up for the next round , which starts in June. I am pretty ok with my diet for breakfast and lunch, but I really need to control my portions at dinnertime. Weekends are also hard, when all the family are home

.CAn anyone give me an idea of a typical days eating on her plan? I exercise quite a bit now, but I know I need to change my diet before I can expect to lose any weight. Would like to lose 10kg - would be happy with 6!

#154 ~Alchemy~

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

I have been missing in action for a while sorry girls. I can honestly say I fell of the wagon a little in the middle 4 weeks although I still continued to lose weight, I just lost a bit of motivation and had a bit of a flat period.

That is well and truly over now and I am full of energy again and back on the wagon.

Some great news to report...
I am 1.8kg away from my goal weight.
I can run 17km without stopping and have signed up for a half marathon in May original.gif
I did my fitness test today.. I am down 1:02 for my 1km, up 3:07 on my wall sit and can reach an extra 9cm since week 1. I am feeling really fit and looking quite toned.

I know this is a bit of a brag post and I'm sorry for that but I am so happy with the results and even though I know it was me who achieved them, I can honestly say without this program, I would not be where I am now.

I also won one of the kitchen scales in the recent recipe comp.

For those thinking of joining up to round 2... don't even think about it. I am a single mum on a very very low income but it was the best $200 I have ever spent and I adapt the meal plans each week to suit my budget. I just ensure I am always counting the calories to stay within the 1200 target. I am signing up for round 2 even though I definitely cannot afford it but it is an investment in my health and to be honest, my happiness and confidence. I feel like a completely different person than I was 8 weeks ago.

Now I'm sounding like an advert lol.

How are all you other ladies going? I don't venture in here much now... I browse the 12wbt forum a lot but don't post much and I have also started contributing on coolrunning forums. I'd love to hear of your progress.

I'm a little uncertain what I will do next round. I am doing the half-marathon program and I love the running but I am thinking of doing L&F next round combined with marathon training maybe. I am not interested in L&S as I am genetically prone to bulking up really easily so the two light toning days during the half-marathon have been enough to get me nicely toned. I think L&S will just add too much bulk to my frame.

I'd be interested in others opinions on where to from here.

Who is signing up for an extra round?

#155 dessiesgirl

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (fertile woman @ 04/04/2012, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want an idea of what the meals are like on the 12WBT then you can buy the Crunchtime cookbook and the No Excuses cookbook of Mish's.  It will give you an exact idea of the kinds of meals included on the program.

It's excellent food, it's expensive to buy (but gets cheaper once you have a stockpile of ingredients like spices and end up growing your own herbs).  All the meals both in those cookbooks and on the program are 300cals or less.  Anything I've cooked has taken 30 mins or less in prep time and almost everything tastes bloody awesome and is full of great nutrients (lots of lean meat, veges and legumes all made to taste great).

So a good prep would be to cook dinners from her book for a week, exercise daily and see how you go.  If you're loving it then join up.  It will get much harder than that but with all the mind lessons she does it becomes easier.  You see how she motivates her team members on TBL!!   She has this stuff in the bag over any of the other trainers on that show.  You never have to follow her menu plan exactly - there will be stuff you dont' like and days where your schedule doesn't allow it  (so on those days you've got something frozen on standby because it's all about planning!) but you shuffle through counting calories and you will see results.  

The basic day is 1200 cals (unless you are a man, pregnant or breastfeeding)

So as follows

300 breakfast

150 snack

300 lunch

150 snack

300 dinner.

EASY!!!  biggrin.gif

Thanks, I will go andlook for the cookbook today. I must admit, its the weekend glass of wine or seven that's my biggest weakness!

#156 Ianthe

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Wow Alchemy-brilliant!

I can't rave enough about this program either. Love it!

#157 ~Alchemy~

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (dessiesgirl @ 05/04/2012, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, I will go andlook for the cookbook today. I must admit, its the weekend glass of wine or seven that's my biggest weakness!

I love my Saturday wines so what I do is train to about 1200 - 1500 cals on Saturdays. I keep my calories lowish throughout the day so I have about 400 - 600 calories up my sleeve come night time. When you add in the extra 200 - 500 cals over the 1000 calories that you're supposed to burn for SSS (super saturday session), I have almost 1000 calories to play with at night which for me = wine wine wine!

Yes, I know that this isn't 'healthy' in that excessive drinking is never encouraged (by any professional) and most Saturdays I'll be lucky to have 4 glasses all up but this is my 'sanity' night and I have still had great weight loss while not going crazy by giving absolutely everything up in my life. I look at this program as a change for life, not just 12 weeks so I had to adapt it to suit the things I really love and won't give up while making healthy changes in aspects of my life that I am happy to control.

I hope that made sense? In other words, use the program as a tool to come up with what suits you best but be sure not to let too many 'bad' habits creep in or remain.

Lanthe - thank you. I am feeling really good this week so am gushing a bit  rolleyes.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Why are there so few sexy maternity bras?

Rather than feeling ashamed of their post-baby bodies, women should be free to buy lingerie that makes them look attractive and pretty - no matter what stage of life they're in.

Toddler Alliyah one step closer to first trip home

She has lived the first 14 months of her life in a hospital intensive care unit, but Alliyah Broadby's parents hope to finally take their little girl home with them.

'Put people before IVF profits': IVF pioneer Alan Trounson

IVF could be done for hundreds of dollars in Australia instead of $8500 if clinics stopped charging what ''the market will handle'', a pioneer of the technology says.

Expectant parents urged to swap the pub for bub

Nearly one in five women drink while pregnant, but a current campaign is trying to drive down that unhealthy statistic.

Nutella supplies threatened by bad weather

There's bad news for fans of Nutella, the gooey, chocolatey hazelnut spread.

The cost of growing your own vegies

Does it make financial sense to grow your own veggies, or are you better off ordering produce from the local food co-op?

Breastfeeding mums less likely to suffer from PND, but all need support

A new study has shown the a complex relationship between a mother?s intention to breastfeed, her ability to do so, and postnatal depression.

The #loveyourlines Instagram account taking on body issues

A new Instagram account, LoveYourLines, has put the call out for to change the way we view stretch marks.

Mum gets diploma 51 years after being thrown out of school over pregnancy

Sandra Lantz was about six months pregnant and four months from graduation when she was forced to leave high school. Now, more than half a century later, she has finally graduated.

The lowdown on male midwives

How would you feel about having a male midwife assist your baby's birth? For a growing number of mums, the idea is a reality - and the experts all agree that it's something that should be encouraged.

Bomb threat at daycare centre

Worried parents took to social media yesterday after their children's daycare was evacuated due to a bomb threat.

Unusual celebrity baby names

Celebrities love to use their imaginations when it comes to naming their kids! Here's a gallery of some of the most memorable monikers in show biz families.

5 fears I've overcome since becoming a mum

Motherhood has a way of putting any phobias you had pre-parenthood into perspective: you either realise they?re a pointless waste of energy or they simply vanish in a sleep-deprived haze.

Mums review the Dymples range from Big W

The Big W Dymples range offers parents a vast selection of quality products to keep their little ones happy and healthy. We asked the Real Mums Test Drive team to review some items - here's what they said.

Recall: Another cot deemed unsafe

Parents are being warned to check their baby's cot is not one of those which have been recalled in recent weeks due to safety concerns.

The truth about breastfeeding and weightloss

Celebrities often state that their post-baby weight loss is down to breastfeeding, and breastfeeding alone. But that's not the reality for all women.

10 weird things little kids do

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. It's usually nothing to worry about, but every now and again you might find yourself scratching your head and asking, ?Really? Is that really a thing??

The app that helps detect signs of autism

Parents can assess their children's progress at critical developmental stages, thanks to this new app.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

My friend had just had a baby, and she wasn't budging: no visit until I had my shots. And it's not an unusual request.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.