Introductions

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Winterspringbubs

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

Good morning!
Just thought we could get to know each other a bit.   biggrin.gif
I'm due on September 1st with my second child, although due to a miscarriage 1st time around, this is my 3rd pregnancy. I have a DD Mia who is almost 17 months, so will be just past 2 when bub number 2 is due. I am 28 and live in Adelaide with my DH who is 30.
I tested at 10 DPO as I was going in for surgery that day. I got a BFP so had to cancel the surgery - id rather be pregnant than have an op any day! I'm not feeling as sick or tired yet as I did with DD but there is some all day nausea hanging around. Hopefully it isn't here to 18 weeks like last time.
Anyone else want to introduce themselves?

#2 BigMumaBear

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hi everyone!
We found out yesterday were expecting bub #3 biggrin.gif After over 2 years of TTC and many MC's. I am praying this ones here to stay... Im almost afraid to announce it just yet, in case. Although this time the test showed 2 very strong pink lines!! And im tired and have this minor all day 'sick' feeling. So hoping my little miracle is a sticky. Our older 2 girls are 9 and 6. My hubby is waiting for a boy this time round hehe.
If I've calculated correctly bubs will be due between 3rd -7th.
Im from Melbourne too btw.
Congratulations to all the DI September mums.biggrin.gif

Edited by BigMumaBear, 29 December 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#3 Ringarosy

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Hi!
I've already introduced myself in the 1st September post but this is the intro section after all :-)

First bub, second pregnancy (lost first at 6 weeks about 2 months back). Started getting minor cramps about a week ago, tested monday with a faint bfp, period was to start yesterday but no showing, and super strong bfp yesterday (I can always tell 2 - 3 days before period comes as I get super watery down there - nothing this time!) Due approx 6th september but yet to get to the GP (I'll get there sometime early next week)  Will get hold of the OB tomorrow. Having lost one before, fingers crossed baby 2 stays for the long haul!  I'm based in Perth xxx bbabyflip.gif

#4 Jem80

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hi Ladies!!!Congratulations to everyone! I got a nice strong BFP this morning on a FR although have been getting faint shadows on Internet tests for a few days... Soooo thrilled!!I'm 31, live in Sydney, DH is 32 and it's our first pregnancy...Think I would be due mid September, based on opks..,Looking forward to sharing the journey

#5 Tinks83

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

I may as well post now. I tested Sunday morning and got a BFP. Wasn't able to see the doctor until today due to the public holiday yesterday. Had my blood test today to confirm pregnancy and go back to the doctor tomorrow at 4pm to get the results.

Fingers crossed. I would be due around 5-7th of September. Hubby and I celebrate our first wedding anniversary this coming Sunday which is also very exciting. We were trying for 6 months for this little one. I have irregular cycles which has made things a little difficult, never knew when AF was due or when ovulated or should be testing.

#6 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Ok I'll be brave. I found out wednesday but have not been to the dr's to confirm yet. This will hopefully be baby number 2 for us. We have 1 DS. Hoping for a VBAC and based in Perth

Due sometime between 10-17 Sept but will ask for a dating scan to confirm a date.

Not many pregnancy symptoms at all which makes me cautious but I am starting to feel tired and I hung out our bedsheets but left the pillowcases in the washing machine - surely the forgetfulness must be a pregnancy sign.

#7 Belinda18

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

I've introduced myself in a couple of other threads but thought I would post here too.  I am 33 from Melbourne and this is my 3rd pregnancy and will be my 1st baby.  I took a home test on Christmas Day that had a line that only I could see (haha) but got my positive result on Boxing Day.  I am due on the 1st of September. I actually did 6 tests just to be sure!  I have PCOS and this pregnancy was the result of two rounds of Clomid.  My doctor had been monitoring me and this month we weren't even sure I had ovulated, so it was a great surprise!  Looking forward to getting to know all of you over the coming months.

#8 magicmeg

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

I find these weeks so hard.. Waiting for symptoms and analyzing everything then when the sickness hits.... Aghh! This will be my 4th baby and told my husband 4 days after DTD that I felt pregnant. It was a long wait to see those two lines. Due 4th sept but have always had babies between 37-38 weeks.
I am from Perth have a nearly 9 year old boy, 6.5 yr old girl and 11 mth old boy.. Im still breastfeeding so just waiting for next week when the extreme tiredness will hit!
Feeling sick mostly between midnight and 4am.. Anyone else had this??

#9 jessiebean

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

*whispering* Not wanting to be too loud as had M/C at 6 weeks two years ago but have had to stop myself from doing a HPT every time I go to the loo. All BFP. Unplanned but babies are always wonderful and my boys (aged 5 , 3 and a bit and my husband) have been hinting about having more babies for a while...
Fingers crossed for everyone.
I am throwing up and boobs bigger (Hello I'm Jess nice to meet you!) and mild abdominal pain...due 4/09/12

#10 Threenager

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hi,

I'm 31 and in the ACT. This is my second pregnancy, and I'm 6 weeks along today, due Sept 3. I have had some bleeding, so had a scan last Friday and saw the tiniest little heart beat, so starting to get excited.

I have horrible symptoms, all day nausea, light headed, off all food bar iceblocks, rice thins with vegemite and grapes, tired, headaches,sore boobs, burping all the time, and a red and very sensitive scalp. Only symptom I remeber from DD (4 years ago) was nausea, but I'd throw up and be sweet. This all day nausea is horrible.

#11 sg290780

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

YAY!

So excitingI am 31 & I have 2 little girls age 7 & 5 from a previous relationship. My partner and I are now pregnant with our first child!

I am very queasy all day, have very sensitive breasts, and so so gassy!
But I love it! Cant wait to have an ultrasound!

I am in melbourne & going to jesse macpherson hospital and we are due 4th September.

Love to hear everyone elses news - Congratulations! biggrin.gif

Edited by sg290780, 09 January 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#12 RockLobster

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hi All,
I am very very new here (although I've been reading a few of your posts the last couple of days).
I got my BFP last Thursday, this is my first pregnancy and I am about 4 weeks.
I had a blood test last week, but as my doctor only works a few days a week, I won't get the results until tomorrow (but surely 4 HPTs can't be too wrong? biggrin.gif )
My husband and I are very excited, although cautiously so. My mother had three miscarriages between my brother and I, so I am hoping for a 'sticky baby' as I've noticed you all saying biggrin.gif
So far I've had no really noticeable symptoms, apart from feeling quesy and a bit light-headed in the afternoons/evenings. My boobs were a bit sore before I even knew I was pregnant, and I just figured it was a sign that AF was about to arrive.
Anyway, I am thrilled to be a part of your community, and looking forward to chatting to you all soon.
-Amy

#13 BumpedUp

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

Good evening ladies

Just thought I would introduce myself. I am currently 5wks & 3 days and just had another BT today and my hcg is 4978! So I am just so excited about this.

My hubby and I have been trying since about August last year and have had 2 m/c's due to a dicky thyroid which I have now had removed! Both of my m/c's I did not get such high levels of hcg so we are just so excited and praying for a sticky one!

Hope to get to know you all well in the coming months!

How exciting!!!

Cheers

Kristie biggrin.gif

#14 kell30

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

Hi everyone original.gif

My name is Kellie, 30 yrs old, and live in Mlebourne. Im currently pregnant with #3 and due Sept 13th original.gif My partner and I have 2 other peewees, our son is almost 8, and our daughter is almost 6. Very very excited about #3!!

Look forward to sharing exciting times with you all! original.gif

#15 tinkster23

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Just wanted to say hi, I got my bfp yesterday, due 19th september (dh's birthday!)

We've been ttc for a little over 6 months and have 2 other kids, jack is nearly 3 and hannah is nearly 6.

Am so so excited!

Any lurkers please don't mention this on facebook

Edited by tinkster23, 13 January 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#16 2012Babe

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hello there!
We are surprised with our pregnancy, had just come off pill and we were travelling for the past month or so, so I guess it was on the cards! My hub and I are v excited. We are in Sydney, he is 34 and I'm 29. We were actually in India when we found out! Trying to find a chemist and explain we wanted a preg test was complex and it was only 40 cents, so wasn't sure it was correct. dr confirmed yesterday that we def were!

I'm really new to forums, not sure what all the abbreviations are- is there a cheat sheet anywhere?

#17 tarquin2012

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hi everyone!

I've posted in the 'due 16th-30th Sept' thread but thought I'd send a quick introduction here too.
My partner and I are expecting our first child around 17-20 Sept (depending which calculators you use!).  It's very exciting as I've been wanting children for ages but we were only ready to start TTC in Dec last yr - and it worked first time!

I'm 5 weeks but am not feeling any sickness yet.  Very tired in evenings though, and my boobs are getting bigger already (am only a size A cup so it's very noticeable!).

We're based in Perth, have been housesitting for a  year but put an offer on a house the same week we found out I was pregnant! Everything is happening now! I'm 32, my partner is 31.

So glad I've found this forum where I can talk about my pregnancy with other people in the same situation.  Especially at the moment when we're keeping it a secret from everyone - it's so hard!

Jo

#18 mrskb

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hey everybody,

I am 26 and live in Geelong! DH is 27. We have a DD that will be 2 in May, and have just found out yesterday that we are expecting #2! It took us over a year to conceive DD, so was a big suprise when this one happened in a month! I've also just gotten accepted into uni for Nursing, so will be a whirlwind year for me I think!

September is going to be a busy month for us! My b-day on the 10th, anniversary on the 22nd, and bub due I think on the 26th! Have had bloods today to confirm! Also have a friend in Canberra that is due on the 2nd!!!

YAY!

#19 rachelandpj

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hi Everyone! I am Rachel, I am married to a wonderful man, and we hail from Brisbane. I am due with no 3 on 3rd September. I have a 12yo DS and a 4yo DD. We found out on Christmas eve which was nice, 1st cycle TTC and with both endo and pcos we are definitely surprised it happened so quickly! Bit of a scare with some bleeding last weekend, day in hospital, but so far so good! Have that lovely constant sea-sick feeling, no vomiting, insomnia and extreme fatigue, so I can't wait for when that all settles down. Secretly I am hoping for another girl, as our house is very very pink at the moment. If it's a boy, I have so much work to do before baby is born... Plus my DD is the only girl in her generation in our family - far outnumbered by boys all around us.

H&H 9 months to you all!

#20 Brissie 1st timer

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hello ladies!

I'm 25yrs old and due around mid-September, I have a dating scan tomorrow to get an exact date. I have PCOS and have been repeatedly told by different doctors that it wont happen easily. I had very irregular periods so never bothered tracking them.  So when my husband and I decided just after xmas to stop preventing pregnancy and see what happens and I got pregnant straight away it was definitely a surprise!

I'm madly researching my options for pregnancy care and birth and I'm already getting a bit overwhelmed. For every positive opinion there is a negative and I'm quickly learning that I resent paying a small fortune for Private Health Insurance when the out-of-pocket costs will be so high.

On a positive note, there are a lot of pushchairs that I like! Tounge1.gif

I look forward to chatting with you and learning all these acronyms!

Edited by Brissie 1st timer, 26 January 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#21 sg290780

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Getting quiet a few people here now, Anyone going to Monash in VIC?

Still tired, and sick - but great feeling!

#22 michelletes

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hello - Im new to EB. Due September... Fisrt bubba - very excited. Had a 7 week scan today and was thrilled all looks good.
Can someone explain all the lino used on this site? DD? And BFP? Is there a dictionary!
BTW whats with teh queasy feeling! Agh - hope it is shortlived.

#23 Chillbub

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

Hi,

Im due 25th September excited!! My partner and I have just moved to Perth so would love to meet other mums to be here.

Deft find eating helps nausea and light exercise clears the brain cells.

cool.gif

#24 MKTWINS

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi Mummies to be!

We had our first scan today (7wks and 2 days) and there is 1 little baby in there with a heartbeat visible! Yay!

We are on the Gold Coast and have fraternal twin girls who have just turned 3!

Looking forward to sharing everyone's joy in the coming months!

mk

#25 MillysMama

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi original.gif
I'm new here and just thought I would introduce myself!
My name is Kristy and I'm 26 from Victoria.
I have a beautiful 6 year old daughter and am expecting my second baby on the 19th September this year.
Hope to get to know you all! original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.