Due in July, 2012 #5

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#51 noonied

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi everyone,
Well I've got a confession to make...I've been stalking this DIG since I found out I was pregnant back in November.
Because I had 2 mc last year I've been really hesitant to join in just incase I jinxed myself. However, at 14 weeks tomorrow (and after 3 positive scans!) I'm starting to think I should be safe to start enjoying myself and relaxing a bit (easier said than done).
This will be my 2nd child, but DP's first, and he is so excited.
DS is really excited also and talks to the baby alot through my stomach. He has said the he would like us to 'order' another boy...hmmm...we'll see what we can do!
I'm haven't really popped yet, but am in maternity clothes already. I'm at that awkward 'has she put on weight or is she pregnant?' stage at the moment. Though both guesses would be correct! The first trimester wasn't very kind to me and the only thing that stopped my nausea was eating. So I ate. And put on 6 kg in the process sad.gif Eating is much more under control now with the passing of the ms, so I'm hoping to slow down the weight gain back to normal limits!
I can see that most of the action must be happening on FB so I'll get to know you all their.
noonied xx

#52 mummy nicki

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (petitemaman @ 10/01/2012, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ nicky i read ur post about dreaming of a dragon: ur child will be born in the year of the dragon, water dragon to be precise ( chinese astrology). just google it and see the personality and traits of water dragon babies. Maybe baby is warning you already that " hey i will be a little dragon", normally they are fiesty but the water in them calms them down though.

Thanks for that, it makes a lot of sense. Looking back, although dragons have yet to star in my dreams again they are always in there in some way, even if it is just a glimpse or a picture or statue. Very strange... lol but kinda cool. Kinda weird in some of the more frisky ones tho...  roll2.gif

#53 Bubtrip

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hey all!

Hope the last week of scans have gone well for people. And good luck to First&Freaking and Bibendum with your scans today.

All went well with mine on Wednesday (maaaaasive relief). Took some extra time as the little thing was dancing and kicking like crazy. The ultrasound place just called me then - 1 in 11,449 chance of downs. Phew phew phew.

I've started feeling almost back to normal the last few days - in the mornings at least (bit more tired in the afternoons / evenings still). Feels so good! And two days now without needing to be sick so I'm hoping things are on the improve.

First&Freaking - so glad you mentioned stitches! I seem to get them on upper left side when I'm walking even when it's nice and slow. A few of them have been bad enough to almost stop walking - and slowing down further doesn't seem to make them go away.

I have put on a few kilos and definitely sticking out a bit. Found some old pants that had stretched and have been wearing them. Even though it's my first, I think my lack of stomach muscles is probably to blame!

Also on my list is to check out the fb group - though I can't access fb from work so I hope there's still a few posts on here!

#54 Cacti

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (First&freaking @ 10/01/2012, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stephkp-I'm also due on the 24th July and my name is Steph! That was a little exciting for me when I saw that..... Small things!

I have a friend called Steph due on the 23rd!

#55 Bibendum

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hey everyone - welcome to new folks!  Just reading about others' scans - congratulations! - and coming in to update on my own.

It was a /long/ scan - almost 50 minutes - because baby wasn't cooperating with the positions the sonographer needed...  They recorded the whole thing, so now I have 50 minutes of DVD of baby squiggling around, alternating with my insides squiggling around as the sonographer tried to get baby to move by jiggling me...  She finally got what she was after, and then asked the lab to rush our results so we wouldn't have to wait for Monday (we did the scan the very last thing on Friday - had done the blood test two weeks ago).  The bloods, as it turns out, were great, and the NT measurement was also very good, so we've come back with a vastly lower risk than would be estimated by my age alone, so we're comfortable with this result, and won't pursue any further testing until the 20-week morphology scan.  

She could never get baby in the right position to see whether or not it had a nasal bone, but since all other measurements and bloods were good, and since there were no other soft markers, she expects the nasal bone is there - she could just never get a clear view of the face, without a hand in front of it - looking back over the DVD, there are a couple fleeting glimpses of what is probably the bone (looks like the images I've seen for it online, and the sonographer said as much talking to us about the exam after), but the baby would always somersault away from the probe right when she tried to zero in on it, or slap its hand across its face such that the hand bones obscured the facial ones...  It was driving her crazy...  She said this meant the risk reported by the lab was about double what she thinks our risk actually is - but we were happy with the risk as given by the lab anyway, so it doesn't make a difference in this case.  It might have made a difference if any other results were cause for concern.

So baby is still there!  Very mobile!  Heart rate okay, right number of appendages, brain, heart, stomach, etc., doing what they're supposed to be at this stage.  Overall, we're really reassured...

We have a pregnancy class at the hospital tomorrow - not really sure what this covers?  They do a labour one much later - I'm thinking this early one might just be "don't eat soft cheese", etc., but we're going in case it covers something we don't know...

Hope all is well with everyone!

Edited by Bibendum, 14 January 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#56 twinsmama

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been onto EB ... was away in the UK over Christmas and New Year ... so I just wanted to pop my head in and say hello. I hope everyone is trundling along OK so far!

Had our NT scan in the UK and came out with a really good result of 1/16000 chance of Downs for each twin, which is a huge relief!! They have done very well in their first test! They seem to be growing nicely and doing all the things they should be doing ... even though I'm not doing so well on the feeding them properly part.

My husband is joining the army as an officer this week and leaves for 10 weeks of training in Canberra on Tuesday, leaving me all on my lonesome in Sydney. Feeling really anxious and upset about not having him around ... hope the time goes quickly. I need to throw myself into things and keep busy ... good time to start back on the exercise regime I guess!!!

If anyone is based in Sydney and feels like meeting up to swim, walk, coffee etc and just generally chat July babies, that would be awesome! I don't know that many people in Sydney really (only moved from the UK last year) and none of them are pregnant ... so it would be good to make some new friends with a common interest!

#57 onyerbikeluv

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hi everyone, glad to read about all the positive results and happy to report the same here :-)  So nice to be able to tell people and such a relief to see a healthy bub on the screen. It feels real now, and I'm letting myself get excited finally!

DD was cute too - she looked at the screen and said "baby!", and when I asked where the baby was, she pointed to my tummy (well, more to my chest but that's a small detail haha) - so she's understanding on some level. She just has no idea how her world is about to change!

twinsmama my DH is army too, it's a change of lifestyle if you aren't used to it, so maybe check out the EB Military Families buddy group, the ladies in there are a wonderful support and are full of information about navigating the many infuriating Defence systems. Or you are welcome to PM me too if you have any questions, i'm in Sydney too :-)

#58 Charli73

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hello everyone...

Fianlly had our scan results today too, 1 in 1340, Phew!!  DS1 was 1 in 749 so happy with that result.... We can finally tell people which is a relief....

Now I can go shopping without jinxing myself original.gif  

Looking forward to this second trimester, better get my maternoty clothes out again , Doh!!  

Oh and date is now 23rd July....  but will have elective CS prob the week before if my pelvic instablity pain is ok. fingers crossed.

Hope everyones scans go well and youre all feeling ok !!

#59 onyerbikeluv

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

Oh sad - it looks like everyone is on Facebook ... which I can't get at work, so hope a few check in here sometimes too :-)

Charli73, I get pelvic instability problems too, scarily it has started early this pregnancy, when it didn't start till much later with DD. I've got my support belt out for walking already - ugh, hate that thing!

#60 opethmum

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi there,

I too have been stalking this group, I am due on the 21st July! This is a miracle bub number 2. I found out via ultrasound at my gynaecologists office and I literally screamed the office down.

I am hoping everyone is going well in their journey.

Have a great week.

opethmum

#61 lactasticmama

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi everyone! Thought I'd finally drop by and join in. Though seems this group is rather quiet at the moment, must be a chatty bunch on FB wink.gif

I'm pregnant with #4 (15 weeks today!), due 29th July. So far all is going perfectly, & great. Very excited to be on this journey again wub.gif (though I still can't believe it!)

opthemum, that must of been an awesome surprise!

Hope you're all feeling well (as well as your little bundles).

#62 MissMilliesMum

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi Pippity Pip original.gif

Congratulations on baby number #4 and welcome to the July DIG original.gif

You are right about all the action being on facebook!

Feel free to join us on facebook if you haven't already original.gif

I am pregnant with #1 and I am 19 weeks due July 2nd.

original.gif

#63 lactasticmama

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Thanks Beachbabe original.gif Will check out the FB group soon.

#64 becstarash

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

hi girls only my second post since this group started

this is baby 3 for us lol

will be nice to chat again with other mummys

xoxoxox

#65 moomin mamma

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hello!  New here to EB.

I'm an Aussie living in Northern Europe, pregnant with No. 2, due July 10th (but most likely earlier).  I have a cheeky, chubby and smart 2 y.o. girl.

All going well.  Refused the downs scan.  Won't find out the sex.  Still got morning sickness (didn't have the first time).  Just started full time work again.  Terrified about having a quick labour.

Well, that is me.  Looking forward to getting to know you all :-)

#66 ~A2~

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Just checking in to see how you are all going?

#67 CourtneyMaree91

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

HI EVERYONE biggrin.gif

just wondering if anyones having random morning sickness?

i havent had it in weeks and weeks. im 29 weeks with a little boy due 4th July 2012

This is my first and only just joined this group original.gif

And why is it so hard to come up with a name? i like unusual names so if you think of any let me know Tounge1.gif

#68 Cacti

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for checking in, A2 original.gif

Courtney - yep, I'm having random morning sickness too. I asked a midwife today and she said it could be bubs squishing my stomach up so food comes up too easily, or if on an empty stomach, it could be reflux causing stomach acid build up.

#69 Suz:)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Susanna, and everyone calls me Suz!
I am due with no.2 on the 21st of July 2012. DS is 18 months. And now adding to the family with a DD! So I will have the pigeon pair.

Pregnancy so far... not that overly exciting. Everything is fine. biggrin.gif

Will love to meet and chat with everyone who is here. And due around the same time!

Have a lovely day ladies.
Suz.
x

#70 CourtneyMaree91

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (Cacti @ 24/04/2012, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for checking in, A2 original.gif

Courtney - yep, I'm having random morning sickness too. I asked a midwife today and she said it could be bubs squishing my stomach up so food comes up too easily, or if on an empty stomach, it could be reflux causing stomach acid build up.

oh thats great original.gif thanks so much biggrin.gif

#71 Cacti

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Haha I don't know if it's great, but it's meant to be normal!

#72 ~A2~

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

Just checking in to see how everyone is going.

Regards

Ali

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Video: 10-week-old baby sounds like she says 'I love you'

It’s mixed in amongst garbled baby talk, but this 10-week-old's apparent attempt at telling her parents that she loves them has made her an internet star.

I only enjoyed pregnancy after booking my caesarean

To say I became obsessed is something of an understatement. Everywhere I went I found cause to be reminded of my impending pain.

When your bundle doesn't bring immediate joy

One mum says joy is very a personal feeling and expecting all new mums to feel it in the months after their baby born may do more harm than good.

Lessons learned from my toddler

Blogger Kiran Chug explains why she is going to let her toddler make more decisions for himself.

Family welcomes first baby girl in more than 100 years

The Silverton family has heard the phrase "it's a girl" for the first time in four generations.

When a community of kindness steps in

In future when someone I care for, or even someone I barely know, is experiencing a difficult time, I will not overthink it. I'll follow my heart.

Mum in Business: Jac Bowie

Jac Bowie is the founder of Business in Heels, one of the fastest growing women’s networking events in Australia. She shares her story, including how she juggles work with a young family, and ways to work smarter.

What not to say to a mum of twins

Being a mum of identical twin boys stirs up great interest and fascination. It also opens itself up to nosy, invasive questions, as well as huge assumptions.

The mums suing over unplanned babies

A mother-of-five who calls her two youngest sons "miracle babies" is just one of many mums seeking financial compensation for their children's unplanned conceptions.

Video: Dad sings 'Hallelujah' to his daughter every year

It's a gorgeous song to begin with, but this dad's version of Hallelujah, sung for his young daughter, is especially touching.

Constipation in babies when starting solids

While starting solids can be frustrating and messy (yet also fun!), introducing solids can also play havoc on tiny digestive systems.

Parents reunited with baby snatched from hospital

A mother whose newborn baby was snatched from hospital has spoken of her joy and relief at getting her daughter back.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies - bump selfies - really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind"?

Life on the other side of the fence: Why I'm child-free and quite content

Acknowledging that motherhood isn't a bed of roses – to begrudge lack of time, sleep, money and spontaneity – is sacrilegious and a no-no, especially by mother superior-types.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Vote for a chance to win $5000

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Baby news for Isla and Sacha

Congratulations are in order for Aussie actress Isla Fisher and her husband, Sacha Baron Cohen.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Vote to win

What are your favourite baby products?

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.