Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,

~Mintie~

#2 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

GOLD!!!!!!
Hey Ladies tongue.gif thought I'd get in first.... hope you are all ready for Christmas, have fun.

Pilarxx xmas_cool.gif

#3 146 Lucina

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just popped in to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and for all your dreams to come true in 2012.  wink.gif

Hope you all had a lovely day today.

Luci...

Edited by 146 Lucina, 25 December 2011 - 09:40 PM.

#4 tomsmum07

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hi Ladies

Hope your Festive season was merry and bright!

our big news is that our little miracle baby girl arrived at 9:28am on thurs 29/12- c section. vital stats9pd 4 oz (or 4.2kg), 52 cms long.  We have named her Charlotte Alexandra Gabrielle Burgess.  We are so very thankful to the wonderful team of medical professionals who have been so supportive.

Happy new year to everyone.

Sonya xxxx

#5 146 Lucina

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Big Congrats to you and your DH, Sonya,  biggrin.gif

What lovely names! Especially the 3rd one - not that I'm bias  wink.gif  . I hope you recover from your c/s quickly, and enjoy all those new born cuddles.
Thanks very much for letting us know...

Have a wonderful new year everyone. I hope to see lots more BFPs hear in 2012.

Luci...

Edited by 146 Lucina, 31 December 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#6 minidiamond

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

Sonya, yay that is fabulous news ! Congrats on the birth of Charlotte, lovely name !!!! Big hugs to you and your family.

Pilar, how was your Chrissy and new year ? I hope you could relax and have a few drinkies, if that's your thing.  Best of luck for you for 2012.

Hi luci, happy new year to you and DP and baby Lachlan.  

Hi everyone else, happy new year to you all.

Afm, we are holidaying in the US right now, having a relaxing time although I still have major concerns about the health of this bubby.  I decided to have a scan on the road, next week on the 4th.  Hopefully it will help me relax fully.

Edited by Liltuss, 14 January 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#7 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Happy New Year Girls!!! Hoping 2012 is a good one for us all.

Congrats TomsMum on the birth of little Charlotte, beautiful name! Oh what a way to end and start a new year for you and your family.

Hey Liltuss, your OS holiday sounds fantastic, hope your chrissy/new year was a fun one. Enjoy the rest of your trip, all the best for your scan will be thinking of you on the 4th. Take care and have a safe trip homexx

Peaches, how you going.. hope you're having a lovely holiday, not long now for us to get going again.

Hi to Hattie, Luci (and Chloe if you're still checking in), hope you're all well.

AFM, still on holidays, back to work next week. I'm waiting on AF, should be early next week, then start meds and I am off on the FET train again.

Take care everyonexx

Edited by Pilar Palabundar, 02 January 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#8 chloe69

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hello Fab Forties!
Wishing everyone a fantastic, positive and successful 2012!

How is everyone going? On a quick read it looks like I've missed some news in here.....

A big Congratulations to Tomsmum07 for the arrival of Charlotte!
Fantastic news Liltuss on your BFP.

Chloe

#9 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

Just a quick message to wish you all the best for your scan tomorrow Liltuss!  
hands.gif  hands.gif all goes wellxx

#10 minidiamond

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

Thank you Pilar !!!  

I love you girls - the support here is just amazing !!

All is well here so I can relax for the rest of our US holiday.  It was the most excruciating scan EVER - no screen for me, a sonographer who didn't say a word, took 15 minutes to do the scan, external & internal (at least they were thorough), then left the room & told me to wait for the doctor, another 10 mins and finally the doctor came in - did a bit more scanning then FINALLY said 'your baby has a healthy heartbeat and is measuring 8 weeks 4 days - enjoy the rest of your trip ! '.

Phew, I am so relieved.

Pilar, hurry up AF, I want you to get that BFP asap !!  

Peaches how are you doing ?

Tomsmum, are you home yet & how is baby Charlotte going ? And the rest of the family ?

Hi to everyone else, big hugs.
Lt

#11 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Yay for you and your lil' one Liltuss! Amazing, fantastic news for you and your DH.

Oh my what good news to log on to just now (altho I must admit to being confident for you....I keep thinking back to that early pee test result you had way back in early December a week or more from your BT wasn't it).

Enjoy the remainder of your trip and I will look forward to reading all about your uneventful pregnancy from here on in!!!!

Take carexx

PS.... how good does it feel to be UTD? biggrin.gif

Edited by Pilar Palabundar, 05 January 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#12 Peaches.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hi Ladies - Happy New Year!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I am on hols and don't get on to the computer as much as I do at work. I am in total holiday mode & even forgot what day it was yesterday!

So much great news. Liltuss - fantastic to hear about your scan. I didn't realise you were having one overseas. I am sure this is all you needed to truly enjoy the rest of your hol. You probably won't need another scan until 12 weeks or so is that right? What a relief this must be for you!

Tomsmum - congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. What an amazing Xmas present. Beautiful name.

Pilar - hope you had a relaxing Xmas & New Year and your rellies didnt drive you too crazy! Are you rearing to go again with your FET this month?

AFM -We've had a lovely Xmas/New Year with family & friends. We are off to Qld tmrw for a week. I spoke to clinic yesterday and must go in for blood test on 23 Jan. We are doing Down Reg this time so will take a little longer than Antagonist. Anyone else done this? So this next week is for some R & R to refresh mind & soul & prepare myself.

Hi to Chloe, Luci & Hattie. Hope you all are well.

xx

#13 146 Lucina

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Liltuss, - wonderful news re your scan. Sonographers are a bit different over there hu! Nothing like 15 mins of silence to scare the bejesus out of you. I'm glad you were able to relax for the rest of your holiday.
Are you still going to do another at 9 weeks, or are you going to push it out a little?

Peaches, - hope the change to a down reg will bring you success. Enjoy your holiday.

Pilar, - goog luck this month. I hope AF stops Dillly-dallying about and shows up soon.

Tomsmum, - how is your little princess going? Hope she is sleeping well for mummy.

Chloe, - when did you say you are going again?

Hi Hattie, and anyone else.

Cheers all, Luci...

#14 Hattie

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hi all,
Firstly, great news Liltuss!! I was checking on you (ok stalking) on my iphone but posting on the stupid thing just drives me insane! Now I'm back at work (first day after a month, and it's only taken me til 12 to give in to the EB urge!!) so will be posting a bit more.

Hello everyone else, with such a positive start to the new year from Liltuss, I have a feeling we'll get a domino effect of good news!

AFM - not much to report, holidays were awesome, particularly as DS learnt to sleep in and wasn't out of bed until 8am most days. Yep, we do know how lucky we are to have a 3 year old who'll sleep in! It nearly killed me to get up at 6 this morning, I may have to close my office door later for a nap LOL.

DH and I are in the process of deciding which permanent contraceptive method we're going for. Either the snip for him or tubal ligation for me, neither of us is thrilled at the idea so I think it will be a matter of who caves first. My guess is it will be him, particularly as at the moment we are using abstinence cool.gif

Cheers all,
Julie

#15 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hi Ladies, hope everyone's New Year is fine and dandy.

Peaches, how is your week going? I hope it's not been too hot for you and you've enjoyed your time up here in the Sunshine State biggrin.gif . We may not be cycle buddies with your down reg, oh bugger..... but will follow you with much enthusiasm, best of luck! Enjoy the remainder of your time off.

Luci, thanks for the encouragement. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Hattie, glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday and you're now back into the swing of things at work. Hopefully your next decision is not too difficult for you. Yucko having to think of more invasive surgery after what you've been through.

Liltuss, how you going, hope all is well with you and bub?

AFM, back to work and started my FET cycle - Yay!! (for the latter biggrin.gif ). 2nd scan next week then transfer following week if all is good with lining etc. I have impeccable timing so no doubt it will be on Australia Day, but wait and see, may be the day before or after. That will take me into the Feb 2ww.

Will talk some more soon when I know more.

Seeya, take care all.
Pilar Pxx cool.gif

Edited by Pilar Palabundar, 10 January 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#16 chloe69

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hey Pilar P - looks like you will "first (of the fab forties) cab off the ranks" for 2012! Good luck with the scan and the FET the week after. Are you transferring a single embryo?
Hattie - permanent contraception - I'm having a wry smile at the irony...don't cave, don't cave....you've done enough your side going through the IVF processes.....time to share the pain!
Luci - how are things going with you? Update please....
Peaches70 - late Jan for you to kick off? I did a Down Reg on my first cycle and then an Antagonist for the next a couple of years later. We had a BFP with the Down Reg and BFN with the Antagonist. However I don't think the result was anything to do with the method, but my egg "age". I don't think that there is a lot of difference in them from memory - though the drugs and timing were a bit different. Why was the change suggested by your FS? How are you feeling about trying again?
Liltuss - great news! ddance.gif . That must have been such an amazing moment to be told that your baby had a healthy hearbeat! Relax and enjoy the rest of your holidays.

AFM - I ended 2011 in a bad way. We had a success in 2010 with IVF and from that round we had 4 FETs - for which I had high hopes for. Unforunately they were all BFNs in 2011 - in Feb, Mar, May and Sept. In Nov 2011 we did another round of IVF. The stats from the egg collection were exactly the same as my first. 11 eggs, 8 fertilised, 5 made it to day 5. All the signs were looking good. Unfortunately on the day I went in for my transfer none of the embryos had really progressed. 2 Grade 3 were transferred (without much hope) and there were none to freeze. The result was a BFN and I've been told that my eggs are too old - it took me a longer time than usual to come to terms with the info. I started taking, in December, DHEA, Melatonin, Q10 and the supplements L-Arginine and Inositol. If I can talk my partner into it, we'll try one more time at the end of January - maybe....... My FS thinks it would be worth it just to see if a pattern emerges on the reasons for failure. However she is also mentioning donor eggs.....and that our odds are really low (...and though she doesn't mention it I'm thinking of the net $5K we need to find to fund this slim hope). One thing I have an issue with is that I read on a website that DHEA is only of benefit if someone's DHEA is low. I asked my FS whether mine was low and explained what I had read and she said "Oh, I don't test for DHEA"....and I was thinking "well - shouldn't you?"...am I just doing something that could be pointless? Anyway, I'm choosing to rely on the guidance of my FS...and keeping fingers crossed for the miracle...in fact I have enough fingers crossed for all of us.

Here is to a great 2012!
Chloe

Edited by chloe69, 13 January 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#17 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hey Chloe, nice to hear from you.  

So very sorry 2011 was crapola for you.  I don't think you're the lone ranger there though... I've heard from many people that's how they felt about 2011, let's hope it can only get better biggrin.gif .   We had 6 BFNs last year and it's taken quite a toll on me, so I know how you feel.   I've been on DHEA (and many others) but sadly it didn't make any difference to our results,  but eveyone's different and you won't know till you try.   If you search on here you will find some talk about DHEA if you are interested.  Some ladies have side effects, others few to none. I just had a few pimples on my scalp, but nothing major.   Best of luck with your cycle if you go ahead later in the month, I hope all those supplements are worth it and help to achieve success for you.

Thanks for the well wishes for this cycle.. we have 3 embies frozen at Day 3 so we will see how many make it to Day 5.  We've always had embies to transfer so hopefully it won't be any different this time... but you never quite know.  

Take care,
Pilar Pxx cool.gif

Edited by Pilar Palabundar, 12 January 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#18 mountaintop

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hi Ladies,  I'm really sorry for crashing your buddy group because I am not in my fab forties - but I'm 33 with an AMH of less than 1, ttc baby #1, and am entering the double digits on number of IVF attempts.  We started IVF over a year ago due to MFI, then found out I was on a slipery slope to early menopause.

ANYWAY, after failing on antagonists and microflares, we just did a "natural cycle" with tamoxifen and they couldn't flush anything out at collection (could have been a few different things, I'll spare you the details).

SO, we are going to do another tamoxifen cycle, but am really keen to try an A/ACP.  I posted once before on the general section but didn't get much of a bite.  I also have issues with elevated LH and premature LH surge which is why I'm keen to give the A/ACP a go.  If you aren't familiar with it give "The Sher Institute" a google.  It's like a down reg - less eggs, better quality.  You start on an agonist, and then switch to an antagonist.  Sometimes they add in E2 injections.

HAS ANYONE DONE AN A/ACP, OR A TAMOXIFEN CYCLE FOR THAT MATTER?  I'm really interested to hear experiences.

Congrats to those that have had recent success and wishing you all a magical 2012!

#19 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Hey Mountaintop
I'm sorry you and your DH have had such a difficult time TTC, it really is tough.

I haven't looked it up, just giving you a quick reply right now.  Unfortunately I don't have any experiences with the protocol you are asking about.  The only smidgen of advice I can offer is to go for it if you are able - ie financially/mentally and physically.  When you don't have success, the only thing you can do is keep going (if possible).  For me and my DH if we've given it our best go and try whatever is available to us we won't look back with regret and think "if only we had tried that thing we heard about....",  I hope that's not too simplistic, sorry.  And I should add, we've always been guided by our FS's advice and the research/advice I have seeked out from others.  What does your FS say about it? And more importantly are you able to have it done here in Aus?

Best of luck to you, I hope 2012 brings you that much wanted bub, take care.

#20 chloe69

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hi All bbighug.gif

Mountaintop -You can be an honourary Fab 40! It sounds like you have been through quite a journey but with a supportive FS who is willing to try different options - best of luck for this one. I hadn't heard of a Tamoxifen cycle but hopefully you'll get a response from someone who has.

Pilar P- I'm sorry to hear that the thing we had in common was a crapola 2011! Here is to hoping that the thing we have in common in 2012 is a healthy bub! If you aren't taking supplements now what does your FS have you doing - just persisting until you get a BFP? It is such a throw of the dice every time! Fingers are crossed for an Australia Day (or round about) success for you!....oh, and your comments on the DHEA giving pimples just gave me a "Ah, ha moment about the line on pimples on my back..it must be the DHEA!).

I read online that someone said they achieved success by cutting out sugar and refined carbohydrates so I'm going to try reducing the pizza and white bread - thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is looking for additional ways to increase their success.

Have a great day all.
Chloe

#21 minidiamond

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

mountaintop, welcome, I'm sorry you're here but hope you can get some advice.  I can't help with either of those protocols, sorry !  Best of luck.

Pilar, yay, not too long now before your FET.  I will be lurking in the Feb 2ww and you might even hear my virtual cheering from there !

Chloe, I'm really sorry 2011 was so sucky and hope 2012 is IT for you.  There are mixed opinions about DHEA, but there's definitely evidence that it drops with age naturally.  My FS isn't a fan, when I asked him about it he said it generally works better for low responders, and after I did a bit more research I found that women with PCOS or PCO (I have the latter, polycystic ovaries but no traditional PCOS symptoms) - generally already carry a high-ish level of DHEA.  And one of the warnings in the packaging is that women with PCOS should not take it.  I know another woman IRL who is mid thirties and has adrenal issues and has had it prescribed.  Either way, my understanding is you really need to be on it for 3+ months, so if you only started in Dec I'm not sure an end of Jan stim cycle will see any benefits.

Pilar & Chloe, have you both done all the 'standard' things in luteal phase like clexane, prednisone etc ? Had all the testing for NK cells ?

Hattie, 8am sleep ins, luxury !!! Hope you had a lovely Xmas & NY.  Another decision to be made around conception, boy, it feels like we spend our whole lives at this ! Good luck with whichever way you go but I think the less invasive option is the best if DH is up for it.

Tomsmum
, how is wee Charlotte ? I bet you've got your hands full so even if you're just reading  waves.gif

Peaches
, hope you had a fab time in Qld and got in some good R&R before your next cycle.  I can't help on the down reg sorry, only had antagonist for all my stim cycles.  I hope 2012 brings you (early) success.

Hi Luci and anyone else that may be reading ...

*preg mentioned*
AFM, we just got back from hols yesterday & I went straight to the US clinic Tounge1.gif for my third scan.  Paranoid much ? Anyway I would much rather have piece of mind, and I'm glad I went because all is progressing. Only did an external but bub's HB was up to 170bpm, little limb buds are there & we're 9 weeks 4 days along.  Inching inching towards being out of the most dangerous period, and starting to dare to dream that we just might have a baby in August.

Edited by Liltuss, 14 January 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#22 146 Lucina

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Liltuss, - fantastic news that all is progressing well. You'll be out of the woods before you know it. Only 2 and a bit weeks until you're 12 weeks. Is your NT scan going to be your next scan?

Hi mountaintop, - Good luck with your new protocol. I only did an antagonist so I'm no help I'm afraid.

Pilar, - good luck with your 3 little frosties.

Chloe, - maybe there is something in the no sugar/white flour thing. I got a mild thrush when I started ttc, and I cut out all sugars (including fruit) and all wheat, and took a Probiotic (I got rid of it within a few days by the way). Anyway I didn't eat a great deal of it after that. Maybe I should eat like that now, I'd probably feel less tired.

On that note I should get to bed now. Bub's been waking lots lately.

#23 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hey Gals, how are you all, hope you had a great weekend!

Luci, thanks for the well wishes, our last little embies... can only but continue to hope one or two may make it to transfer... I hope all is well with you.

Liltuss, so nice to hear from you.  Again, congrats, I'm so happy everything's progressing so well for you, it's really just so great.   Re the clexane/pred? I took it last year with the first 4 cycles, then   the last 2 were very conservative, just vitamins, so unfortunately it   didn't work in our favour.  This FET I am on pred/clex/cardripin and all   the other vitamins (oh and Progynova then will add Provera, Progesterone after transfer).   I've not been tested for NK cells, my FS said that   a Dr in Sydney can only test for them (not viable to get done), so   essentially I was being treated as if I had them since I had many failed   cycles. Take care of you and lil' bean...xx

Chloe, hope your new regime is treating you okay...  and yeah I've read about others changing things up too, to help achieve success, and some say it made no difference, I think at the end of the day you just have to do what you can, and feel okay with your choices.  I replied to Liltuss above about supplements etc, I even tried Saizen (human growth hormone... it breaks the bank that's about it), for me anyway.  I truly think it's just the age of my poor ole eggs at the end of the day.  We've just hoped all along the way that one or two may have made it.  We'll now in another month I guess biggrin.gif  We've not planned to continue on after this transfer, but you never know if we feel up to it again after 6 months off, maybe, will never say never I guess.  But my FS gave me the donor speech last June, to which I ignored (that conversation echoes in my head now) knowing that I've probably run out of time.  Sad, but the reality unfortunately.

Peaches, you must be just about back to work huh?  Urgghhh it's awful, last week for me felt so long and drawn out, but today feels alot better.  Probably cause I'm looking forward to this FET rolleyes.gif

Hi to Hattie, TomsMum and anyone else who's checking in.

Take care all,
Pilar Pxx cool.gif

Edited by Pilar Palabundar, 16 January 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#24 Peaches.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hi everyone

Wow a bit of action in this forum since I was last here!

Pilar – How are you going? Looks like we won’t be cycle buddies but I will still be cheering for you. Best of luck with your 3 embies. Hopefully this is your year after such a crap year last year. I really hope one or two make it to transfer for you.

Liltuss – So great to hear your positive update! I have been keeping everything crossed for you and so nice to read that all is well. AND - nearly out of the danger period! What a feeling that must be for you. Glad to hear you had a fab trip in the US. August baby (a little Leo)??!!  They are the best (of course I am a Leo!)

Hattie – sounds like you have also had a lovely relaxing holiday especially with your son sleeping into 8am! Now you have a big decision to make.  Good luck with what you decide. But yes as Chloe says I agree “Don’t cave”!! You have been through so much.

Chloe – I’m sorry to hear about your 4 failed FET’s last year. It must be so frustrating after getting your BFP on your first IVF attempt too. I hope you can talk your partner into doing IVF again this month. You are taking all the same supplements as me. My FS put me on them in November. I have been on DHEA for 9 months. My FS just upped my dosage from 50mg to 75mg. Well I haven’t been tested for DHEA either. I, like you will just be guided by her. But I had heard about the PCOS and DHEA issue that Liltuss was talking about. So hopefully if you do your cycle late Jan/early Feb we will be buddies.

Mountaintop – good luck with your cycle.

AFM - well today is my first day back at work. We had a lovely holiday in Qld. Swimming, eating, drinking, catching up with friends, just generally relaxing. It was so hot up there last week. I start my Down Reg cycle next week (23 Jan). Go in for blood test on Monday then probably start injections Monday night. I believe the Down Reg is one week more of needles (great). Chloe – we are just doing Down Reg this time for a change. I did 3 Antagonist last year so FS thought we should just try this. We are happy to try anything. So I guess ER will be mid Feb.

Hi to Luci and Tomsmum.

#25 mountaintop

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Thanks Ladies for the feedback.  I'll let you know if the tamoxifen or the A/ACP cycles are the magic bullet.  Best of luck to everyone.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.