Thinking About TTC Buddy Group #15

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#76 PrincessPeach

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Oh yes, i forgot to let everyone know about that.

Basically i am covered as long as I add the baby & upgrade to a family policy within 2 months of the birth.

It actually seems rather easy - which is making me a bit nervous...

#77 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Wow thats great!
I can see why your nervous when its not hard, people who take our money and reluctantly give it back normally make our lives very difficult! hehe
Glad it was all easy for you original.gif

#78 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

I know I havnt been around long, so I'm really sorry, but my DH suprised me tonight and told me he thinks that waiting three months is silly because we might not even get pregnant straight away and also we are christians and believe God will look after the timing wink.gif

WOW!! There I was with him all cranky about me talking about it and then BAM!

So sorry to come and go so quickly but I guess that means I need to move threads now.

I hope all your journeys are exciting and I'll be hoping to hear more from you guys in other threads!! original.gif

Bye!

#79 PrincessPeach

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

Yah, how very exciting!

All the best of luck for a speedy journey!

#80 maybereadyagain

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

Princess Peach: I did have a bit of a gander, and it is only $50 to $100 difference to a celebrant and a registry. He hasn't even proposed yet lol But him mentioning marriage has go me spinning already haha. I am glad you guys have an agreement on when to start ttc now too and now you can relax till then original.gif

PrincessMiasMummy: Sending hugs and thoughts your way. And hope you can come to a decision you are happy with hhugs.gif

LittleJacksonOne: I think three things are keeping me honest and going with it. Number one, it has come to crunch time with ttc approaching. I was 87kg (I should be 60kg) when I had DS. Doctors more or less said the weight did not help with losing him. I am doing it for DS and his future little sister or brother. That is the main reason for it. Next the 1million kilo challenge came up at just the right time, like a blessing. With this you are responsible for weighing in and recording progress every week. They provide a meal plan and exercise plan ( I haven't been too good on the exercise side of it, but I am still losing a reasonable amount.). And thirdly, the meals are so good, it's not really a diet. It is basically dropping all junk food and sugar and using fresh, as little processed as possible produce. DP hasn't been keen on a few of the salads and meals, but I have enjoyed pretty much everything on the menu. It is meant to become a lifestyle change, you keep eating the same sort of stuff afterwards and beyond. Once the desired weight is lost you can start reintroducing foods in, but as soon as you start to gain, drop them again. This is the website for it: www.1millionkilochallenge.com.au. Sorry but glad to see you go so soon! Good luck and baby dust to you  bbabyflip.gif

Hi to everyone else....who haven't been in for a while lol waves.gif

AFM:  I decided to get one more pack of pills. So, I 'm on them until near the end of June. DP still has to get his blood test done, which he said he'd organise when we come back from Melbourne. And if he has this dreaded gene, I have to take extra vitamins for at least a month before and aspirin once I am pregnant to prevent the blood clotting. I don't really want to risk an accident. In normal circumstances I would be delighted, but I'd be super devastated if I lost this bub too, because I was careless and didn't take proper precautions.

The 'diet' is still going great guns. 7.9kg to go to goal weight. Really enjoying the food! I just hope I don't put on too much over the next couple of week while on holiday!

Off on the Halls Gap, Melbourne, Great Ocean Road trip on Monday. Really looking forward to it. It will be my first decent holiday in 6 years! I am taking my computer, so I may  ph34r.gif  a little, but probably wont have time to post much original.gif

My little dog is boarding at the vets while we're away. She got  an ulcer on her cornea, so the vet kindly said she can board there and they'll take care of her meds and/or operation if she needs it. That dog is going to break me! lol She had her teeth done 2 weeks ago at $530. Hope she doesn't need this op! The other dog and cat are going in a kennel, and DP's dog is going to DP"S dads.

Well, have a great 2 weeks everyone.

x x

#81 Cyaira

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

Good morning everyone. Been a while since I posted! I have been stalking though.

maybereadyagain: Congrats on the (continued) weight loss and fingers crossed your DP doesn't have the gene. Enjoy the holiday!!

PrincessMiasMummy: How is it going on the decision front with the BA? What a difficult decision. I'm curious - how does it work with breastfeeding and the BA? Is it possible to get the explant, TTC and do the BA afterwards? Would you be satisfied with how they look (without implants) while BF'ing?

AFM: Well, major things have been happening my way. So, still no job - missed out on TWO so far by just a tiny little bit - the other applicant had experience specifically in the area. I have a job interview tomorrow; I applied in NOVEMBER and they got back to me last week. I had totally dismissed the job as one I didn't get. Slack, slack, government!! I have a few other applications in the works but it's too early to hear back. I don't have a doubt I'll get a job (I have quite a good resume etc) it's just waiting for the right job  which I am glad I have the opportunity to do.

To ensure we don't burn through our savings we're moving in with DP's mother instead of keeping on renting. I really have no idea how this will go - it's in campbelltown, 1 hour to 2 hours away from all my friends and family and it's a big change from the north shore/northern beaches where I'm used to living. Not to mention it's his mother (father passed away many years ago). Well, she seems pretty harmless and easygoing so I might try to see it as an opportunity to get to know her better.

On the baby front, I'm a bit ????. I'm going to drop our level of PHI to not cover maternity. Realistically I think I'd be happy with the level of service public provides, particularly if I can go to a midwifery group practice or similar. As to when we will TTC, I don't know. sad.gif I'm now even thinking of staying at DP's mothers place a bit longer so (once I have a job) we can save up a deposit for a place and have baby in a place we own. I also considered TTC and moving towards the end of the pregnancy into a place closer to my support network. But I'm not sure how that works with changing hospitals and catchment areas etc. I think DP would prefer a baby to a mortgage as he's turning 35!!! this year and we have some small fertility concerns (I have heaps of time).

Also, one of my friends gave birth last week. He is soooo adorable!! There is nothing quite like baby cuddles.

#82 xfitpolemum

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi everyone

Just a quick update here...

Thanks for the keeping me in your thoughts.  

I managed to get an appointment for an MRI which I'm getting done tomorrow morning so I'll have the results by the end of the week.  

I am very seriously considering getting them removed & that's it.  No replacements.  Once poisoned, twice shy is my reasoning.  I have no idea what the long term health effects are of these dodgy implants so I'm not risking my health (and further surgeries every 10yrs or so) again.    You wouldn't believe some of the colours I've seen of PIP implants, its starting to look like a rainbow.  :S

I have a wonderful husband & daughter that need me, along with another bub hopefully.  I think TTC would have to wait at least 6 months after explanting due to the body (breasts) repairing (fluffing) itself.  

I have seen some photos on FB of support groups that I have joined and I am confident that my body will bounce back.  My skin is still pretty elastic so that will hopefully work in my favour too.  

Our bodies really are amazing in what they can do!

That's it from me for now.

Edited by PrincessMiasMummy, 06 March 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#83 Little Ladybug

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wow, I missed and email about a new post and there are so many new posts lol. Well, I finally got all the stuff sorted out with ultrasounds and mamograms I had to have and I got to have my IUD taken out today. We are still trying to decide 100% if we are going to start trying in April or not though. We both want another one though, I think it just that we have gotten so used to having the 3 kids and now they are all growing up and 2 are in school it will be rather strange to have a baby around again. Everytime I see a baby I can't wait to have one though. =)

#84 xfitpolemum

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

There is light at the end of the tunnel, ladies!

I'm booked in for Friday 30 March to have my PIP's removed!!!!!  I'm relieved that the bulk of this crap will be out of body in under 17 days but also a bit scared about how they will look afterwards.

#85 PrincessPeach

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Good Luck PrincessMiasMummy! I hope all goes well for your surgery.

#86 She So Toot

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Been ages since I have posted! Not TTC until Sep, I know it's a while away but thats the date we agreed on. So excited!
We both have a seasons pass for the snow this year so Gunna make the most of that before a little one comes along  original.gif
Anyone else not planning on TTC until around then?
So hard to wait! just concentrating on working heaps and saving as much as we can until the time comes...

#87 bluetea

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hi everyone. Sorry its been awhile. Life gets in the way sometimes.

PrincessMiasMummy - good luck with the surgery. Good to hear you have secured a date and its not to far away.

Cyaira - I hope your job interview went well & good luck with the move to your MIL. I imagine it would be quite confronting but it will help you guys save some serious $$.

Maybereadyagain - congrats on the weight loss and have a great holiday.

LittleJacksonOne - Goodbye and Good luck xx

AFM - I'm still unsure about when to start TTC No2. Although I am slowly coming around to the idea of  June/ July. DH is still ready and waiting whenever I give the word but the thought of being pregnant again scares the bejebus out of me.  ninja.gif  My SIL just had a baby girl last week (13th March) and whilst she is beautiful, just the smell of the hospital sanitiser sent me into a spin.
Apart from all the thinking about TTC, its my birthday on Thursday so I am looking forward to that.

#88 MrsPoon

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (PurplePlum @ 17/03/2012, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been ages since I have posted! Not TTC until Sep, I know it's a while away but thats the date we agreed on. So excited!
We both have a seasons pass for the snow this year so Gunna make the most of that before a little one comes along original.gif
Anyone else not planning on TTC until around then?
So hard to wait! just concentrating on working heaps and saving as much as we can until the time comes...

Hello everyone!

I just joined EB...

We are planning TTC in September too! Very exciting indeed original.gif
I know how you feel PurplePlum, can't wait until September biggrin.gif

In the meantime, I hope to hear everyones' experiences and learn from all of you as we embark on this exciting journey original.gif

Edited by MrsPoon, 21 March 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#89 Mrs Owl

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi everyone original.gif
I'm new to EB and am not TTCing until later in the year. So hard to wait tho!!
Looking forward to getting to know you.

#90 MrsPoon

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hello Mrs Owl and welcome original.gif

I'm wondering what you ladies are doing now in preparation for TTC??

I have so far...
1. Done a pre-pregnancy health check, will get our results end of May.
2. Will buy and start taking Elevit + Iodine in July (2 months before TTC)
3. Quit smoking since start of 2012.
4. Am trying to cut down my alcohol intake (so hard...)
5. Quit drinking coffee (day 1 today... @_@)
6. Documenting CM every cycle to track fertile/ ovulation dates

Any other suggestions?

TIA!

Edited by MrsPoon, 27 March 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#91 Mrs Owl

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hi Mrs Poon!

In preperation for TTC I have:

1. Given up alcohol
2. Gone of the pill a year ago
3. Decreased caffeine intake
4. Started charting (more for me to know whats happening tho)
5. Pre TTC check up

Hope that helps original.gif

#92 PrincessPeach

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Wow, you ladies are really organised, we are planning on starting in May/June so my preparations include:

1 - DH & I have really started to focus on our fitness levels

2 - I've been upping my water intake to at least 1 to 1.5 litres of water a day.

3 - about to start taking i-folic & get DH taking Zinc supplements

4 - will stop the BCP in 8 weeks, when i finish the box.

The excitement is starting to build for both of us now

#93 MrsPoon

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Zine for the DH!? I had no idea... thanks for that PrincessPeach. I shall look into it.

Oh, and another one to add to my TTC to do list:
- Improve fitness levels and core strengthening exercises! happy.gif

#94 PrincessPeach

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

According to my googling (and a bit of info from a brilliant in-store pharmacist!) Zinc is crtical for sperm production & men's reproductive health.

It's also great for general immunity anyway - so two bird with one stone.

#95 She So Toot

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Geez you guys have done more than me! Im just trying to keep up my fitness and eat well at this stage. And Am taking 5mg Folate daily - Have been taking this for a year since I started on my meds for my epilepsy. Folate is high dose as Epileptic Meds create higher risk of Spina bifida etc. I will have to be monitored a lot through my pregnancy.
3 month Pre conception check up will be in June for my DP and myself.
Question for you ladies - Are your partners/hubbys getting a sperm analysis? I think we will just for peace of mind and I don't want to waste any time if there is something wrong.
I know a few people who don't bother or think they shouldn't until they have been trying for a while with no luck.

#96 maybereadyagain

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi guys, I haven't popped in for a while either.

Welcome MrsPoon & Mrs Owl
Good to see you're all excited and preparing for ttc. We're planning to start at the end of June.

For me I have:

1: Started Elevit 2 months ago (I don't think you can start too early!)

2: Worked on diet and fitness (a little slack on the fitness, but still losing weight!) Have lost 5kg so far, 7kg to go to goal weight, 13kg to go to the weight I should be. DP has been along with me on it for the most part too.

3: DP has had his blood test for the genetic variation I have. We should be able to get the results this week.

I don't normally drink a lot of alcohol anyway, and last time with my angel DS I was forced off the caffeine anyway (It would just go straight through me, whether it be coke, iced coffee or hot coffee!), not sure if it will happen with all pregnancies lol

Our holiday was awesome. We had a great trip to Halls Gap, Melbourne and back along the GOR. Looking forward to planning our next one! Probably just be a short local holiday next time as fingers crossed we'll be PG! DP has mentioned he wants to go to NZ, but I am thinking we could do that the year after while the bub can travel for free lol

3 Months to go for ttc *sigh* Still seems a long way off!

Back to work for me!
Have a great day  biggrin.gif

#97 MrsPoon

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

PurplePlum - We have scheduled in a sperm analysis mid May. I better get the DH onto the Zinc before then! haha
I think it would be useful to know before we begin TTC. I too don't want to waste precious time and effort!

Maybereadyagain - good luck with your genetic testing results! And am glad you had a great holiday! We have a few holidays booked in the next couple of months too. It's nice to have some 'us' time before the little ones come along! haha  June will come by in no time! I am excited for you!

Have a good (and short) week everyone! Happy Easter!

#98 riwybo

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi there original.gif Can I join? (again, I'm sure I was here last year, but plans changed lol) DH & I are... Well mainly me, are planning on TTC#3 in August once my implanon is out. DH wants it to happen naturally, without actively trying, but I will be keeping a close eye on everything lol

I'm way ahead of myself & excited about having another bub I have already started buying new baby things & telling friends & family to hold things for me & discussing names with DH, we have a couple on the list already lol DH & I have 2 boys now, aged 6 & 3, so a nice age gap between them all.

#99 Cyaira

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hi all,

So it looks like we'll be putting off TTC and I'm not sure till when, to my sadness and heartbreak. Some tough decisions about financial priorities and living arrangements have to be made and I still haven't really decided. I really want our own home but I also really want a family!

In prep for TTC I did:
  • Pre-conception checkup/blood test which included rubella as well as cholesterol, liver function, vitamin D etc
  • Started making healthier eating choices. Limiting takeaway to once a month, trying to eat mostly home cooked meals with fresh ingredients and limiting caffeine a little (I looovee vanilla coke zero)
  • I don't really drink alcohol but DP does, so trying to reduce that
  • Increased my exercise and now do yoga/strength training and walking/running consistently
  • Started taking elevit and DP taking menevit
  • Went off the BCP to let my hormones settle down. It was messing with my moods anyhow.
  • Lost a little weight with the aim of a healthy BMI
  • Spent some time with the children of friends and family and asked Q's about taking care of bub and their experiences, etc
Oh and we already know what middle names we'd use if it was a boy or girl.

I'm a bit of a planner it seems!

#100 bec_1108

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hi everyone. Haven't popped in here for a few months. DH and I were originally going to start TTC in January, but then things went nuts at work and I started thinking about resigning so put baby plans on hold. Anyway, it's funny how things can change in a short time. Work has improved, horrible management left, and I got a promotion! So babies are back on the agenda and DH and I officially started TTC this month! It's very exciting, but I have waves of anxiety at the same time! Anyway just wanted to pop in and say hi, and I might see some of you in the TTC #1 group. Best of luck to you all!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

Baby for Asher Keddie and Vincent Fantauzzo

Fans followed every step of her on-screen pregnancy in Offspring, now Asher Keddie is going to be a mum in real life too.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong': the fight for Kaden's diagnosis

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reaction to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Empowering bikini photo of 46-year-old mum goes viral

When a group of teenagers made rude remarks about her body as she walked past them in a bikini at the local beach, Julie Cross refused to cover up.

Devastated widow discovers she's pregnant the day before husband's funeral

They had been trying to conceive a baby for seven years. Tragically Kristy Kirchner found out she was pregnant the day before her husband Royce's funeral.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Gabriella Goat sues Peppa Pig

Every toddler's favourite television pig is being sued by an Italian woman who shares a name with a Peppa Pig character.

Meet the Mpregs, the male pregnancy enthusiasts

"Men can't have babies - that's something only women can do! But our community is full of like-minded people who wish otherwise."

Your new motherhood survival kit

Forget about the bright, pretty baby things - while you're in survival mode, all you'll need are the essentials.

More than 100,000 cars recalled globally after death of pregnant woman

The announcement of a mass recall comes as Malaysian police investigate the death of pregnant woman in July.

I had a 'good baby' but still suffered from postnatal depression

I had a much wanted precious baby girl, a 'good baby' who slept well, self settled and was mostly content. It just seemed implausible to think I could succumb to depression.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

'It's not you, it's me': Boston bombing survivor mum to have leg amputated

Rebekah DiMartino is going through a break-up. She even wrote a farewell love letter. But it's not to her husband.

What it's like to go through early menopause

In a cruel twist, Carla had been breastfeeding and perimenopausal at the same time. But she's far from the only one to go through menopause early.

Restaurant served alcohol to two-year-old

Busy restaurants can be forgiven for getting food and drink orders mixed up from time to time, but not when the confusion leads to a two-year-old being served an alcoholic cocktail instead of the child-friendly beverage they ordered.

Julia Morris tells of miscarriage on a flight

Julia Morris has spoken about the devastation of suffering a miscarriage while on an international flight.

Woman's survival after birth 'a story of two miracles'

A US mother is home and tending to her new baby less than a month after surviving without a pulse for 45 minutes.

Eating ice may give mental boost to the iron deficient: study

A new study proposes that, like a strong cup of coffee, ice may give those with insufficient iron a much-needed mental boost.

Tiny lives in caring hands: Thank U NICU Day

Each year in Australia, over 40,000 newborns need the help of a special care nursery or neonatal intensive care unit. One day a year, the staff are honoured by the parents they help through those dark days.

I paid $50,000 to have a girl

This time my husband and I hadn't taken any chances. We had paid $50,000 and travelled 13,000 kilometres to make sure the baby growing inside me was female.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Dear firstborn, I'm sorry

Being a first-time mum is tough for so many reasons – particularly because you really have no idea what you're doing.

A trace of sesame could kill my son

Helen Richardson son's had two anaphylactic reactions in a month. It's traumatic for everyone.

When you know before the test says yes

It wasn't a pregnancy test or missed period that told me I was pregnant with my second baby; it was too early for those things. A doner kebab told me I was going to be a mum again.

What not to do when your partner is in labour

Robbie Williams stole the show during his wife Ayda's labour, pretty much demonstrating everything on the "what not to do when your partner is in labour" list.

Best maternity swimwear and beach cover-ups

Thinking about a tropical babymoon but have nothing to wear? Here are some great swimwear and beach cover-up options for mums-to-be.

Dad breastfeeds his babies

Trevor Macdonald has now been pregnant twice, and is successfully breastfeeding his newest family member.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.