December Mums chat
introductions :-)

• Please log in to reply
520 replies to this topic

#376 Jelly Bean 1988

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hi everyone

Thought i might join

DS was born on 15/12/2011 at 6.15lbs (3.15kg) and 53cm after a 5hr induced labour because my waters broke earlier and nothing started.

So far he is over his last wonder week and did his 1st roll (back tot ummy) yesterday, lots of smiles but no giggles yet and forever munching on his hands.

He was 6.2kg at last weigh on saturday and is FF

#377 katevin

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

Leita that is such a cute pic!! He looks very happy with the situation biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing! Is he still loving it? I had heard that the experts were now recommending starting solids at 4 months... I vaguely remember seeing something about it on the Project I think unsure.gif

Welcome Jelly Bean! original.gif What's your little mans name? Did I read your sig right that you're hoping to start TTC again soon? Looks like you've had a battle with depression... I suffered PND after the birth of both of my girls- its awful isn't it?! Hope you're going ok now.

Ok, night feed over... Back to bed! biggrin.gif

#378 Bec_M

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Pandora - how is the nappy free going? Hope your busy week is going well!!

Clrw - did you work out what's wrong with Tobey? I hope he has settled down for you. Always a shock when your normally placid bub gets cranky!! I hope all is ok. DS munches on his hands non stop at the moment too. I thought it was a developmental thing.

Leita - he looks very excited about eating! So cute! original.gif Not sure that Declan is close to being ready yet but no rush. A lot can change in a short amount of time so we will see how he goes.

Kate - baby giggles are the best. Well, any child giggling really. I managed to get Declan talking on camera so I can look back when he is having a tantrum and remember how sweet he was ha ha! Tounge1.gif

Hi Jelly Bean! Sounds like your DS is going great! Growing well and rolling already! What a clever boy original.gif How are you finding everything?

AFU - Declan has just found his hands. He just stares at them as if to say "where did these come from?!". So cute watching him. Other than that just same as normal here. Had a brilliant night the other night and then straight back to 2 feeds a night.

Hi to everyone else! original.gif

#379 clrw

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

Thanks to everyone for their relies. We still have the high pitched screech but he seems a bit happier.

We do have a small win to celebrate though...move from moses basket to cot with no problems. Then night two he sleeps from 8.30pm to 4am....7 and a half hours! Good job little man! Not expecting it to repeat but nice surprise!

#380 katevin

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Bec Maya has been doing the same with her hands recently, it's so cute and funny to watch! My brother in law finds it hilarious that babies don't realise their hands belong to them... he wonders how anybody actually knows that!? Which is a good point blink.gif

clrw great to hear your little man is happier now! Must've just been the wonder week making him cranky? Speaking of WW's, we've just entered the period that the next one is meant to start! Apparently it begins somewhere between 14.5-19.5 weeks... hope it doesn't go for weeks... unsure.gif
7.5 hours- go Tobey!!! Maya did one of them the other day, unfortunately she hasn't done a repeat performance yet. I live in hope wink.gif

AFU not much new here... DD1 very tired and grumpy lately, so lots of defiance and tantrums. Really starting to stress me out, I kind of feel that I don't know her that well at the moment. Wierd. She's growing up and changing to quickly... where's my baby gone? sad.gif
Maya is over her cold but still has a gunky eye. Am thinking maybe it's a blocked tear duct (anyone else experienced this?) so have been massaging the area between her eye and nose to try and unblock it. Might take her to the doctor tomorrow anyway to have it checked out.

Anyway, am in desperate need of couch time tonight so that's where I'm heading! Hope everybody and their little ones are well original.gif

#381 leita

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

4 month sleep regression. Was hoping we'd miss out this time, but nope, it's been a crap week for sleep (night sleep that is).

yyawn.gif yyawn.gif yyawn.gif  

May the curse bypass all your houses ;-)

#382 katevin

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

I HATE WONDER WEEKS!!  mad.gif

Maya is such a pain in the bum at the moment! Waking more at night, naps are ordinary, crankier than usual when awake, difficult to settle... fun times here!

Leita sounds like you're having the same problem! Apparently this WW usually kicks in between 14 & 17 weeks and can last for 1-6 weeks!! I'm over it already!

Hope Lucas is over the worst of it...

#383 toddsy

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Anyone want a cranky baby??  wink.gif

I'm finding it so hard to get on here regularly. When I have any "free time" it seems to get filled up either with housework or just sitting on the couch like a zombie, lol. Katevin, I don't know how you do it - any tips? original.gif

Well, this week has been a bit more difficult than usual. Don't know what it is, but Aidan is grizzling much more, feeding every 1.5 - 2 hours during the day, and has gone back to waking at 1.30am and 5am. And to top it off, he's trying to go to sleep for his 'big' nighttime sleep at around 5.30pm  wacko.gif He's another one who is trying to fit both fists into his mouth and becoming very frustrated in the process! Apparently he isn't starting a wonder week until next week, and he doesn't seem to be sick or teething, so maybe it's just a growth spurt? It seems to be dragging on a bit though! I'm trying to be more conscious (but still flexible) about the feed-play-sleep routine given that he will be 3 months in a few days, but he really is all over the place. Oh well, one thing that motherhood has taught me is to just go with the flow... biggrin.gif

clrw - sounds like we are having similar issues? I hope Tobey has had a better weekend!

Pandora - haha, I laughed when I read about you flapping the washing around in front of Torah because I was doing exactly the same the other day and feeling like a right dork Tounge1.gif Man I hope no-one is spying on me with a nanny-cam with some of the antics I get up to! laugh.gif

Katevin - how's Maya's cold? You feel so sorry for them when they're miserable and snuffly don't you? We had to move Aidan out of our room when he had a cold a few weeks ago because none of us were getting any sleep! Fortunately he coped quite well with it and consequently has ended up sleeping in his own room now. I hope DD1's tantrums aren't too stressful for you. It must be hard for other children to have a baby in the house too, huh? And a wonder week for Maya on top of it all - poor you!

leita - gorgeous pic of Lucas eating solids! How is he finding it? Have you noticed that it has made much of a difference to his moods or sleeping?

Welcome Jellybean! Wow, that's impressive that he's rolling over from back to tummy already. What a clever boy original.gif Our poor little Aidan has no motivation to roll yet and absolutely hates tummy time, but he is a real talker!

Bec_M - hands are so fascinating aren't they? I tried to show Aidan his feet the other day, but he I'm sure he had no idea what they were or that they were attached to his body, lol original.gif Does Declan get frustrated or scratch the inside of his mouth or gums himself when he's putting his fists in his mouth?

Well I think it's time to head off to be and see if I can get more than 3 hours sleep in a row. Wish me luck!!

Sheri xo

#384 leita

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Tee Hee- Does this make me a bad mummy?! I only had it on him for 5 minutes I promise!!

BBL for personals!
:-)

#385 clrw

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

Leita that is just adorable... Not the sign of a bad mother at all!

Well we still have our cry/screech but much less. The long sleeps have kept coming too. A few 7pm-2.30am sleeps and last night 7pm-4am! DP thought her boobs were going to explode! She is going to try a 10pm dream feed tonight and see if he sleeps right through.... That would be life changing!

We had him in an ergo pouch last night as his wraps keep coming undone now. Wonder if that helped with the 9 hours?

Cross fingers for more of the same before this nasty 4 month regression you guys are talking about!

#386 toddsy

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Haha Leita - that photo is SUPER DUPER cute! As a Mum, you are obliged to put your child in such outfits when they are too little to protest original.gif

AFU - Aidan is 3 months today and has decided that he is now big enough to go to sleep for his daytime naps without being rocked  eexcite.gif Phew! My back is very grateful. One very happy Mummy today. Now just to see if he is tricking me, or if he'll do it again this afternoon...

xo

#387 katevin

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hmm, I've just seen someones little eyes pop open on the video monitor so I'd better type fast!

Toddsy yay Aidan! Did he keep up the good work for his next nap? Fingers crossed!
I'm using the computer now but the reason I am usually able to post quite frequently is my iPhone! I can post when feeding, in bed, snuggled up next to DD1 on the couch etc. Makes it easier. Am working on DH getting me an iPad for my 30th which is in June, that would be even better!
Maya is pretty much over her cold, thanks for asking. She still has the occasional sniffle and a watery eye but all good otherwise. Just cranky due to this wonder week rolleyes.gif
Oh and DD1 has settled down heaps which is wonderful biggrin.gif We've started putting her to bed a bit earlier now that she has pretty much given up her day sleeps and is so busy with kinder etc, and it seems to be making a huge difference! Yay! (touch wood unsure.gif)

A few 7pm-2.30am sleeps and last night 7pm-4am!

clrw is it wrong if I tell you I hate you!? tongue.gif Just kidding of course, I am jealous though! Isn't Tobey a good boy doing those long sleeps? Maya has done a 6.5 hour stretch the past 2 nights which we're pretty happy with, but is still pretty inconsistent and all over the place. I long for the days when she sleeps through every night... (if it ever happens! blink.gif)

Leita that photo is SO cute! wub.gif I love his little "screw on" wrists!! DD1 had those, Maya isn't quite at that level of chubbiness yet but is getting there. Adorable!

AFU Nothing too exciting happening here. Maya is still a cranky little thing during the day and day sleeps are a bit of a battle but her nights have improved (for now) thankfully. Last night she only woke at 2.45 for a feed and then up for the day just after 7, which was lovely. Tonight it'll probably be 3-4hrly again, she likes to keep us on our toes!
Have just resettled Maya so should probably put my feet up on the couch until I'm required again soon. Hope everyone is having a good week original.gif

Edited for spelling.

Edited by katevin, 20 March 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#388 leita

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hi Ladies!
Just had our 4 month vax done  cry1.gif first time I've ever had to do one- DH couldn't get out of the hospital this morning- damn sick people.  laughing2.gif . But we both survived! At least it was a kindy day to so I didn't have to take DD as well.

clrw- totally jealous of those sleeps!! Lukey was up last night at 12.30 (went down at 7 so that was really good) then 1.45, 245, 410..... and DH gave up and got "up" with him at 430 . Enjoy your sleep is all I can say!! :-)

Kate- how's miss Maya going today? I've found this wonder week much milder-Lukey will have the occassional morning or afternoon of grumpies, but usually comes good after a decent sleep. Would love a copy of your new sleep techniques if that's OK- to be honest I don't think I'm motivated enough to try anything new atm- our day sleeps are working fine, but I would just love some extra night sleep!! DH got himself one of the new Ipads this week, he looooves it. So does Mali!

Toddsy- How is Aiden today- still self settling to sleep? That is very impressive btw, I've not even tried to teach Lukey to self settle yet.

Hope everyone is doing well, best get on with the cleaning before Lukey wakes up and wants to be carried around- as I recall he was a little grumpy after his vax last time, so expecting more of the same today :-)

#389 toddsy

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Aahh, double post...

Edited by toddsy, 21 March 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#390 toddsy

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Oh Leita - I hate vaccination time and you're so brave to take him! I couldn't do the first lot. Had tears in my eyes just hearing the other babies crying... I'm such a wuss original.gif How's he been today? Hopefully it didn't unsettle him too much. Aidan put himself to sleep for his morning nap again today but not for the afternoon one. I wasn't even trying to teach him, but I put him down for a second to do something else and when I looked back he had just relaxed and closed his eyes  ssleep.gif I'm not overly hopeful that it will continue long-term, but it's nice for now!

Katevin - an iPad would make an excellent birthday present in my opinion biggrin.gif How's the wonder week going? Glad to hear that DD1 is settling with her earlier bed times. I don't know how you manage to juggle two! Impressive I say original.gif

clrw - well done Tobey on those long sleeps! How did the dream feed go? I've tried it a few times with mixed results... And I hear your DP on the exploding boobs  roll2.gif Most annoying thing is when baby is sleeping really well and the exploding boobs wake you up! Oh and we've had Aidan in a sleeping bag for a few weeks now which has made a big difference because he was constantly kicking off his wraps. He really likes it and Bonds has some cute winter ones on their website for $50 which is a bit cheaper than some of the other brands I've seen. But there were some polar fleece ones at Target too for about $25 I think?

AFU - we have a wedding this weekend. I have NO idea what to wear - seems to be pretty difficult to find a formal dress that is compatible with breast-feeding! I've been looking for something with buttons down the front but haven't had any luck yet. And Aidan hates shopping so I only get about 30 mins max to shop when we're out. Starting to panic  ffear.gif And to top it off the wedding is 3 hours away and we have to bring a plate! Anyway I'm about to have some freshly baked brownie and head off to bed. Hope everyone is having a good week bbighug.gif

Sheri xo

#391 Bec_M

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Leita - I hope we don't have the 4mth sleep regression! Didn't notice anything different with DD as she was an awful sleeper until about 6mths! Ha ha. Love the pic! Gotta make the most of these opportunities I reckon! I am dreading the next lot of needles! I've done all the needles in this house bar DD's 18mth one - and she didn't even cry! I felt a bit ripped off to be honest Tounge1.gif (even though I was happy she didn't get upset).

Katevin - has Maya settled down now? Declan is being awfully fussy tonight so I wonder if that's whats happening here. Hope it passes quickly! And I think and ipad is an awesome pressie - epecially for a 30th! biggrin.gif I told DH I want to go to an AFL GF for mine (few years away to save ha ha!)

Toddsy - I don't think Declan scratches his mouth/gums but he scratches his face sometimes if he misses putting his hands in his mouth. Good luck finding a dress! I have a wedding next month I need to find a dress for. But DS is staying with mum for a few hours (it's a lunch time reception). So hopefully won't leak out of dress (or have too much boob showing ha ha).

Clrw - woo hoo on the long sleeps! Declan did a few nights of 7.30-2.30/3.30 and it was so nice! But didn't last sad.gif Is Tobey still managing the long sleep? First time Declan did it I woke up about 10 minutes before him because I was so uncomfortable!

AFU - Declan being a bit funny tonight and I've been up 3 times the past couple of nights. Sux after a couple of 7.30-2.30/3. Oh well, just gotta roll with it I guess!! Not much new happening here really. Got a hens night this weekend and I really dont want to go. But seeing as I was meant to be in the bridal party I kinda feel like I have to. I'll go to the high tea part and skip the cocktails I think. Can't express any milk so don't really want Declan having more than one bottle of formula. Plus my MIL is having them - I'd feel much better if it were my mum.

Well, seems like he is settled so now is my chance for sleep hopefully!
Night all
x

#392 Riversong

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hi Remember me?  waves.gif

I read the thread all the time but always seem to run out of time. I need to figure out how to read eb on my iphone!

Hannah is going great, 4 months yesterday and over 6kgs. She is the most placid baby, all the mums at our mothers group are jealous, she is always so happy and just feeds and sleeps and gurgles. No more arsenic hour and she sleeps from 8pm -7am with one quick feed at about 3am.
Probably my most settled baby out of the 5.

We have to get needles again but I was really sick yesterday with food poisoning I think, will have to get them next week now.

leita Luke looks so cute in that outfit!

clrw I started using ergopouchs and grobags too and that's when DD started sleeping a lot better. I think her feet were getting cold due to my crap wrapping skills, but it's still a bit warm here for long legged bonds suits etc.

Katevin Hope you get your ipad!

Toddsy Good luck finding a dress!

bec Hope you enjoy the high tea!

#393 katevin

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hey everyone original.gif

Wendy hi there! Was wondering where you'd gotten to! That's great news that Hannah is so placid and sleeping so well. I'm sure that makes life with 5 kids a little easier!

Bec Maya is still a bit more "on edge" than usual but her behaviour and sleep seems to have settled down a little. For now anyway! I was reading my WW book and it says that this fussy phase can go on for 1-6 weeks and their cranky moods can come and go from day to day. How's Declan going? Abby been having day sleeps lately?
Enjoy the hens high tea tomorrow! biggrin.gif

Toddsy I don't know how I manage with 2 either half of the time laughing2.gif
Have you found something to wear to the wedding tomorrow? I'm so glad I don't have anything coming up, nothing in my wardrobe would fit me at the moment! Hope you've found something you're happy with original.gif
Mmm, freshly bakes brownies sound good!

Leita how'd Lucas go after his needles? Not too cranky and unsettled for you I hope.
More than happy to share the Tweddle settling techniques with you- just send me a PM with your email address (if you don't mind) and I'll get them back to you ASAP. I would post my email address here but I got in trouble for doing that somewhere else... oops blush.gif

AFU Maya still a bit off due to this wonder week but has settled down all in all. Although she did just wake from a 25 minute nap- think that's a new record! She usually at least makes it to 30 minutes! rolleyes.gif We had playgroup this morning so she was very overtired so I guess that would explain the crappy sleep.
Just about to send DD1 to her room for some rest time in a minute so hopefully I can sneak a quick nap in myself. Maya been waking around 2am and 6am the past few days and I'm tired ssleep.gif

#394 leita

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

hellooooooo-o-o-o!
:-)

#395 katevin

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

hellooooooo-o-o-o!

I know laughing2.gif Where is everyone?!!

#396 Jacki:)

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

im here ph34r.gif

i find by the time i do a catch up read i have to go again (joys of 4 kids) lol...

ok about us.. my dd16 is doing her debutaunt ball in a months time ohmy.gif .. no dress shoes or outfit (for mum) yet... need a kick up the .... lol

ds13 found out he has osgood schattlers disease in his knee ...he got told by the dr no sport for 12 months cry1.gif broke his heart (he is very sporty) but went to physio last night and he said maybe a month off sport... gave him exercisers to do and go back in 3 weeks to see if it helps ...

dd10 is in the development squad for netball so lots of training and tweeking her eating habits (they really encourage healthy eating)

Nate is having up and down days.... still doesnt sleep much during the day blink.gif but pretty good at night... (even had nights where he in bed with me)... been doing massage classes which has been fun (will miss this weeks as im working as dh going in for the snip) .. ffear.gif

baby awake ........

#397 deejie

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm here too waves.gif

I am just so exhausted (warning, this is going to be a completely woe-is-me post) and my days are just crazy. DS1 still refusing to sleep and/or stay in his room for quiet time (he is climbing all over me as I speak). Daniel is still a shocking sleeper. He will not sleep longer than 45min at a stretch. Yesterday between 7am and 730pm he slept 3 x 45minutes and that was it! He cannot be resettled, no matter how much I pat, shush, feed sad.gif He used to be pretty good at night, so it wasn't too bad, but his night sleeps are getting worse and worse. It is not unusual now to have 3 x 2 hour stretches and then awake every hour from 1/2am to 7am and I am just not coping with the sleep deprivation. DH of course isn't home until after the two of them are in bed and I am unconscious on the couch. The house is a disgrace. Daniel's sleeping wouldn't be so hard on me if he was happy when he was awake, but he gets to the point where he is so overtired that he is cranky and I have to resort to the carrier. He just WON'T sleep. Still, no matter how early I catch the tired signs he just fights it and fights it. I am really at my wit's end with him.

I am on the waiting list for Tweddle (local sleep school), but I am not sure what can be done. I am very anti-controlled crying (he is too young for that anyway). Hopefully they can just wave a magic sleep wand or something.

He is referred to in our house as the "Devil in a Double O". What other sort of baby wakes at five in the morning and gives you big cheesy grins while kicking his arms and legs around like a crazy man?
Ah, good thing he is such a cutie or he'd be out!

That's all from me, will go give the laundry pile some much needed attention now!

#398 Bec_M

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Deejie - I feel your pain, DD won't sleep during the day either. And she is such a cranky little madame by bedtime! Plus she is waking several times during the night screaming - she wakes more than Declan!!

Jacki - 4 kids! I can hardly cope with 2 some days! I hope your DS's knee isn't as bad as first thought.

AFU - I am still dealing with a shocking bout of gastro. Woke up yesterday morning about 3.45am and have barely slept since. Very sore and just feeling awful. And now my milk is suffering because yesterday I couldn't keep any fluid down sad.gif Thank god for my mum who came and dealt with the kids while I was comatose on the couch. MIL is coming after school today to help bath the kids. I just have zero energy. Spent the night have hot and cold sweats and about an hour shaking so much my teeth were chattering! I have never had this happen before. And of course I was up when Declan had his best night ever - 9pm - 5.10am. Gah!!

Gotta go lie down again and try and stop DD from jumping all over DS. There is such a thing as too much love!

EFS

Edited by Bec_M, 27 March 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#399 katevin

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Great to see some posts in here biggrin.gif

Jacki I had that knee thing when I was younger too! Think I was about 11 or 12 at the time and I had a lump below my kneecap or something...can't really remember wacko.gif I think mine was just a mild case though and went away by itself.
Eek... Good luck to your DH for tomorrow! I've heard it can be quite painful afterwards! No worse that childbirth though I'm sure wink.gif And he only has to go through this 1 time!!

Deejie I'm so sorry to hear you're still having a hard time with your boys sad.gif I think a trip to sleep school will definitely help- did they tell you how long you may have to wait? Have you put your name down for the day stay or residential stay? I'd go for the residential stay if I were you (I think it's in Footscray-could be wrong) so that you can get a few days of help and catch up on some rest at the same time.
Anyway I really hope things improve for you soon!

Bec hope you're feeling better soon, your bout of gastro sounds truly miserable sad.gif Fingers crossed nobody else in the family picks it up.

AFU Maya has had a fantastic couple of days and nights but am afraid it may have just been the calm before the storm...she was quite fussy with her last feed of the day today and needed a fair bit of settling which is unusual. She's asleep now anyway so fingers crossed we don't hear from her in awhile.

Off to pump now so that DH can feed Maya tomorrow night while I head to Mums for tea with DD1 original.gif

#400 deejie

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

Oh my gosh, there is a Due December 2012 thread now in recent topics. Has it seriously been a year since we all found out we were pregnant?!?!? Time flies.

Bec Gosh I am sorry to hear you have been unwell. Don't worry about your milk supply too much, it will bounce back. I remember I had a shocking case of gastro while feeding DS1-- he was feeding constantly because there was nothing much there-- and I was so weak I could barely sit up. It bounced back 36 hours later or so. Keep up all the fluids you can handle, hope you get better soon x

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clever panda fakes pregnancy

News that a giant panda was pregnant prompted much excitement, but it appears there were never any cubs on the way.

'I survived placenta percreta'

When writing her birth plan, Simone Pavil included an item most women wouldn?t even think about: what should happen if she was put on life support. The mum had the potentially fatal condition placenta accreta.

Managing personal space as a mum

In the midst of the early parenting years, our bodies and minds can seemingly be overtaken by our offspring. How can we balance our need for personal space with the needs of our children?

'If love could have saved you, you'd have never left'

The words "spontaneous abortion" on the hospital paperwork really got to me. My baby died; I didn't spontaneously decide to abort him.

15 classic Aussie ads

Watch some of the classic Australian ads of the 80s, 90s and 00s, and remember the catchphrases and jingles we all used to know so well ...

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Going viral

Weirdest pregnancy products

From pee stick keepers to stylish sick bags, there are some very strange inventions out there for pregnant women.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.