WA/Perth Ladies
Any that are due in June?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Kelly84PerthWA

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

Jas :-( that is just devastating! So so sorry to hear your news...  Hope you will be ok, please look after yourself :-(

#27 Jenush

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi Allele,

Just wanted to say hello. As we seem to live close by -  I live out in success and I am also seeing Dr Colin Blair. Due the 30th June (comprised date from doctor) dating scan in december said I was due 4th July but saw Dr Blair again last week and he still thinks its June so he gave me the date of the 30th.

this is our first baby so super excited and scared at the same time. was pregnant last year but had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. took us over a yr to get pregnant again as my partner used to work up north and do 4 weeks on and 1 off roster. Now that I am preggers he works here in the city.

booked into for my 19th week scan on the 14th Feb so really excited to see bub and cant wait. Pregnancy has been going really good.. a lil morning sickness in the beginning but that is slowly going away now currently I am 17 weeks. I am a little overweigt but since getting pregnant I have lost 7 kgs which Dr said was great.. he said if I stay at the same weight till the end would be great and if I loose a couple of more kgs wont be bad either so trying to eat properly so I dont put on anymore!

Anyways enough about me.. congrats to you and hope all is going well. Take care

quote name='Allele' date='30/11/2011, 03:05 PM' post='14030499']
Hi All

Another Sandgroper bbaby.gif here on 24/6/2012!

This is baby no 2 - DS is 6 and very excited, i had him when i was living in Sydney so this time around we are going to SOG Murdoch also - seeing Dr Blair.

I have been reading the "Due in June" threads but not posting much, until 12 week scan on the 15th and bloods being done this Thursday - a bit reluctant to share too much with people - even though that is getting harder by the day as the belly pops out!

Ive been home all this week sick with a cold, thanks school, and coughing so much my stomach muscles hurt. I have to brace myself everytime i cough or sneeze to stop the muscles from hurting too much. They tell you not to start doing ab exercises etc when you fall pregnant cause it can dislodge/harm baby - is this any different? Doubly looking forward to this scan to make sure all is ok and hoping that its not doing the little leech any damage!

Has anyone's OB mentioned getting the Whooping Cough vaccination in your 2nd Trimester? My OB did and advised DH and any one who is likely to come in contact with baby in the first 3months to have it... Researching it is scary to think that our little ones could be harmed by WC, but still wondering - just how far do you go?

Anyway - thats enough of my neurotic worries, im going to go eat croissants and have an afternoon nap, maybe watch pride and Prejudice one more time... :-)

Best of luck girls!
[/quote]

#28 Allele

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

HI Jenush

Wow we are so close! Im in Hammond Park, Eden Green estate near the new IGA and Guardian Pharmacy :-)

Had my 19 weeks scan today at SJOG, after waiting an hour with a full bladder! I think that Kelly had her scan today too! We didnt find out the sex, DH and i just want healthy baby and not really fussed what the sex is. We did find out though that i have Type 1 Placenta Previa. The placenta may move up as baby grows (fingers crossed) otherwise it will mean C-Sect for us...  They will rescan at 30 weeks and we will know more then.

Glad to hear that youre eating well and healthy, i put on 25kg with my first DS and it is defiently better to have less weight to lose then more! So far ive only gained 6kgs but i was gym and watching what i ate before so it was probably just slack eating that gave me the most weight gain... im going to try and curb it though so i dont gain more then 15kg this time around.

Been reading a good book, Natural Hospital Birth by Cynthia Gabriel about how to have a natural birth, in hospital under the care of an OB. Quite informative and even though i have already had one vag birth - i am learning lots that i didnt know my first time around.

Keep in touch and stay hydrated!!!
Allele

Edited by Allele, 30 January 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#29 Kelly84PerthWA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

I did have my scan yesterday!!! What time were you there mine was at 11am at western ultrasound murdoch original.gif  We are having a very healthy little GIRL!!! We weren't going to find out but i am soooo glad we did original.gif
We are so very blessed to get one of each, i am one of 4 girls so was expecting another boy to be honest... Although this pregnancy is alot different to my first...

BTW someone mentioned a facebook group in the other thread and just wanted to let you know i am part of one through the huggies forum and it is excellent!! There are about 5 or 6 girls from WA there as well...

#30 Allele

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Kelly - Yay! Glad youre going to have one of each. The 4D scans were amazing! DH and I are blown away with the quality of the images that we got - nothing like when i had DS 7 years ago.
We were at SJOG murdoch at 1145 - i dont think it was western... not sure! Do you go into SJOG for your scans or was it not at the hospital?

#31 Kelly84PerthWA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

we normally go to attadale to see our obs but for the bigger scans we go to SJOG murdoch western ultrasound is level 1 suite 22 original.gif

#32 Meep

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm due June 30, so will have 20 week scan next week. Really anticipatory. I feel great, so that's good.

I'm going with CMWA, back up hospital is Swan. Do any of you have advice on getting a 4D scan? I am not sure Swan will do that, as they haven't yet. I'm not natively Australian, and though I've been here for a decade, I still haven't mastered the medical/ referral system. I suppose I should ask my midwife, but maybe you ladies know?

#33 Jenush

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi Allele

Yes we are definitely close... I am actually off Hammond Road... about a 2 min drive from the new IGA.

Glad your 19 weeks scan went well. And yes just wait till your 30 weeks scan to see what they say about the Type 1 Placenta... hopefully will be ok. What was the scan like?? I was wondering what the do if you dont want to find out the sex? DH and I are in the same thought as you - want a healthy baby so want to leave the sex of the baby as a surprise.

Appetite has started to come back a bit now... so trying to watch what I eat still. and haven't managed to put any on so - so far so good!

Thanks for the book suggestion.. I will look it up and have a read of it - with this being our first baby I am a little clueless about it all so will definitely read this.

Well I hope you are well and have been managing ok with the hot weather we've had... will keep in touch and take care.

Jenush

#34 Kelly84PerthWA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hello meep! There are a few places that do 3d scans and some you dont need a referral for. Try google to see if any are close though original.gif

#35 Kelly84PerthWA

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Just posting in here just in case not everyone is one face book yet..
We have arranged a catch up in March on the 17th at 10am at IKEA would love for everyone to join us before we get too big and tired original.gif
The IKEA idea is so that ou can bring your kids for a play original.gif

#36 Turtlerunner

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hi - I will try and make it, have been meaning to get to IKEA for ages so it makes it a good excuse, I have a friend due End of May - do you mind if she pops along too?

Also I am on FB - is there a group just for us June to be mums? I haven't been great with keeping up-to date on the forums as work has just been too busy and am yet to find out if there is a EB forum app for the phone so I can keep up to date while on the bus!

#37 Kelly84PerthWA

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hello, there is a facebook thread where you can click on the link or just PM either leomonkey or alvarywinters as you need to be a friend with one of them, they will add you to the group and then take your name off their friend list if you want original.gif It is alot better in facebook as its easier to keep up original.gif.

Oh and of course you can bring your friend! Hope to see you there !!

#38 Turtlerunner

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hi - was having trouble PMíng but all sorted - hopefully

Thanks

Edited by Turtlerunner, 21 February 2012 - 10:03 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

The 'no children' wedding invite

It was the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends, and she had invited me to be her bridesmaid. It was quite an honour. But there was one problem.

Baby Dylan recovering well after spending five days alone

For up to five days he lay alone after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose, but eight-month-old Dylan Micallef has made an incredible recovery.

The mystery of William Tyrell, little boy lost

The question remains: How does a little boy simply vanish without a trace?

Woman fights off robber, then gives birth

A thief in the US got more than he bargained for when he try to rob a woman who was nine months pregnant because he figured she would be an easy target.

Video: Two-year-old tells mum off for laughing at her

This little girl is not happy that her mum started laughing during her performance - so she tells her exactly how she feels about it.

Coping with a bolter

My 15-month-old has suddenly added a burst of real speed to her toddle. She should be classed a flight risk.

Single, 51 and pregnant

Tracey Kahn didn't realise she wanted to become a mother until she was well into her 40s. Now 51, she is pregnant with her second child.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

The 'no children' wedding invite

"It's her wedding, so the day is all about her, not your baby." How major fall-out can occur over a simple wedding invitation.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.