Once Upon A Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic

#1 **Xena**

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Anyone else watching this show?

I love it!! The acting is brilliant and I am loving the story. If you haven't seen it you should!

#2 franklet

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, I made a thread a week or two ago about it. Just loving it, and I'm watching it with my two oldest DDs so it's nice to have a show suitable to watch together. I love trying to guess who might be who and I love seeing more and more of the 'back' story of the characters come out.

#3 Scootaloo

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Yes me!  biggrin.gif   I love it too, I love that there is so much in each ep and trying to put together who is who from the fairytale world and the real world.  By far one of the best new shows in a while, I wonder when it might get show in free to air here, not til next feb I would guess.

Jen

#4 **Xena**

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

Oh I must have missed your thread. I did have a look but couldn't find anything.

I love trying to guess too and I think the little boy Henry is a great actor for his age! I love how different it is from a lot of the TV shows coming out now. It's just a really great story with an awesome cast.

#5 Scootaloo

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

LOL SNAP Franklet, we just said much the same thing.

Who do you think the sheriff is from the Fairytale world?  I have been reading elsewhere that some think he might be the Big Bad Wolf!  

Jen

#6 ~chiquita~

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Me!  waves.gif

I only started this week as all my usual shows have been on Thanksgiving break. I thought I'd download all the episodes that have aired and give it a go.

Anyway, I've watched them all and am eagerly awaiting for the next episode.  biggrin.gif

#7 **Xena**

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

I thought maybe the doctor was the Big Bad Wolf by the way he was perving on Ruby (who I assume is Little Red Riding Hood)

#8 trina-p

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

I love this show, it's our new favourite.

I think the Sheriff is the huntsman who didn't bring the heart of Snow White to the Queen when he was told to.

#9 Scootaloo

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

I thought it made more sense for him to be the huntsman too but this person came up with some pretty convincing arguments like he was right there when Emma nearly hit the wolf and a few other fine points that I hadn't picked up on.

Jen

#10 **Xena**

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (trina-p @ 23/11/2011, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love this show, it's our new favourite.

I think the Sheriff is the huntsman who didn't bring the heart of Snow White to the Queen when he was told to.

That's what my friend suggested too, because he's manipulated by the Queen but is still a good guy!

#11 Silvermist~

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

I love this show (and the huntsman/Sherrif- ding dong!). I think it's really clever and amazing effects. We are waiting impatiently for the next episode.

#12 Alina0210

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Love it.... I also love the show 'Grimm' too...

#13 ~Delilah~

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

Its an awesome show. So fresh! I hadn't thought of the sheriff being the hunter. I was disappointed when I saw him climbing out of her hotel room. I suspected but was hoping it wasn't so. I love that back stories.

I didn't like that Prince Charming is already married. It means his wife either has to become an evil villain, therefore its ok to dump her or she gets hurt.

#14 **Xena**

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (~Delilah~ @ 24/11/2011, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its an awesome show. So fresh! I hadn't thought of the sheriff being the hunter. I was disappointed when I saw him climbing out of her hotel room. I suspected but was hoping it wasn't so. I love that back stories.

I didn't like that Prince Charming is already married. It means his wife either has to become an evil villain, therefore its ok to dump her or she gets hurt.

I actually wondered whether the Queen paid her off to pretend to be his wife!

#15 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

I actually wondered whether the Queen paid her off to pretend to be his wife!
that's what I thought aswell.

Cant work out the sheriff either, wondering if he's a good guy the Mayor is manipulating, or a bad guy pretending to be good so he can spy on Emma and Henry and keep them from discovering too much

#16 kpingitquiet

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I thought the wife was the same blonde he was engaged to in fairytale land, before he met Snow. I'm confused, now!

Oh, and I definitely think the Sheriff is the Huntsman! I think Big Bad Wolf is simply the wolf we've seen. I think the doc is Doc, but being manipulated by Regina.

Edited by kpingitquiet, 24 November 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#17 **Xena**

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (kpingitquiet @ 24/11/2011, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the wife was the same blonde he was engaged to in fairytale land, before he met Snow. I'm confused, now!

Oh, and I definitely think the Sheriff is the Huntsman! I think Big Bad Wolf is simply the wolf we've seen. I think the doc is Doc, but being manipulated by Regina.

Yeah I'm thinking it makes more sense that the wolf is the wolf, didn't even make a Doc/Doctor connection  blush.gif

The wife was the same blonde he was engaged to in Fairy Tail land but I just think there is something fishy about it in this reality- I think she was paid to fake being married or something. The story just didn't sit right!

The more I read the more I am convinced the Sheriff is the Huntsman. The Sheriffs in some European places had to swear allegiance and loyalty to the Queen so that may be a connection. He also said that stuff about spending a lot of time in the woods (though that could imply woodcutter as well I suppose)

#18 **Xena**

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

Just watched the new episode. I really enjoyed "Jiminy's" back story.

Trying to figure out what it was in the mine though! I think it was the glass coffin?

Edited by **Xena**, 29 November 2011 - 09:21 AM.

#19 TK421

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

What is it and when is it?

I've seen it advertised in the comics I read, but haven't checked it out yet.

#20 **Xena**

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

A very awesome TV show.
It's not in Australia yet but it comes out on Sundays in America (so Mondays for us)!

#21 kpingitquiet

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

If I recall, correctly, Sleeping Beauty was housed in a glass coffin. Could be important! biggrin.gif

#22 **Xena**

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

I was actually thinking Snow White's glass coffin that the dwarves made for her. Especially being that it was in a mine.

#23 FeralBeez

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

Gah, I'm waiting on Episode 5 to download... can't wait! Have really been loving this show - am liking Grimm also to the PP who mentioned that one. All the characters are fantastic and I think the whole thing has been really cleverly done.
Come on internet!!

#24 kpingitquiet

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Snow White's coffin was my other guess but iI wasn't sure it fit with how they've told her story, so far. It's so hard to tell which way they're going to take the stories, though! There's some traditional, some sampling from Disney, some entirely made up. So tough to tell!

#25 trina-p

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

I think it was the pilot that opened with snow white in her coffin and being kissed by the prince and then cutting to their wedding and the queens curse.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recall: Another cot deemed unsafe

Parents are being warned to check their baby's cot is not one of those which have been recalled in recent weeks due to safety concerns.

The truth about breastfeeding and weightloss

Celebrities often state that their post-baby weight loss is down to breastfeeding, and breastfeeding alone. But that's not the reality for all women.

10 weird things little kids do

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. It's usually nothing to worry about, but every now and again you might find yourself scratching your head and asking, ?Really? Is that really a thing??

The app that helps detect signs of autism

Parents can assess their children's progress at critical developmental stages, thanks to this new app.

Long battle to learn the truth about Ariana's birth

Cerise and Tim Lawn spent two years fighting to find out how a healthy pregnancy turned into a nightmare birth, and why their daughter now suffers from disabilities she shouldn't have.

Christina Aguilera announces daughter's name

Christina Aguilera and her fiance, Matt Rutler, have welcomed their daughter into the world.

Couple caught in surrogacy crackdown

An Australian couple caught up in Thailand's surrogacy crackdown have said many parents are distraught and facing dire financial difficulties as are they are unable to bring their surrogate-born babies home.

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

5 co-sleeping myths busted

In case you are co-sleeping with your baby, and all the ?helpful? advice from others is sending you down the slippery slope of self-doubt, let?s bust a few myths on the topic.

When pregnancy takes you down memory lane

One mum-to-be discovers pregnancy hormones can give rise to some surprising emotions.

What?s your love language?

The secret to making your partner feel special is to know which language of love they favour ? and it?s the same for your kids, too.

Returning to exercise after a caesarean

I had my daughter four months ago via caesarean, and I want to get back into exercise. What are some good first steps I can take?

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Whether they're out of favour traditional names, or the parents were a little creative, here are the least popular names of 2013.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.