Ali

#2 seaside_feral

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

GOLD!!!   - Yay, first time for me!!!

#3 pennyforurthoughts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

SILVER

Hehe yay! I got in, in time

Edited by pennyforurthoughts, 19 November 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#4 kirsee

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Bronze

ETA - 10dpo cramping like AF is due and when I went to the lol tonight brown stained mucous and when I wiped a slight pink tinge then nothing... Testing with FMU tomorrow...

~*K*~

Edited by kirsee, 19 November 2011 - 09:22 PM.

#5 mikkie.S

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Hello lovely ladies,

DH and i had an amazing weekend at a wedding in a cute little B&B complete with BD hahaha, tomorrow i think i start my TWW, but i am not 100% sure my cycle is not perfect. i have been using the Maybe baby but just cant seem to get the hang of it however it is ment to be so simple!! just seems like for me its not quiet right, so next month even though i hope there is no need i will try the test strips instead!

Hoping that everyone is well and that we all get the BFP that we all would love to see very very soon

Mikkie Xxx

#6 SarahBubble

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

Oh kirsee any news??????????

Mikkie - sounds like you have definitely made the most of the weekend! Brilliant original.gif

Mags - how did you go?

AFM, well we SOLD!!!!! Yayayay! Thanks for all your support and wishes original.gif All the hard work and stress has paid off, got well over our reserve and we're so relieved it sold on the day. Now we can look forward to our new house and just enjoying the last couple of months here. I'm actually now getting excited that my brother and his family are coming out to Australia for Christmas, I think I was just so focussed on the house that I hadn't had a chance to really think about anything else for the last couple of months. So happy original.gif And yes, plenty of bd'ing here original.gif Possibly a little too much champagne last night, but hey, only sell your first house once! Hopefully we catch eggie this month, DH and I are both crossing our fingers and toes.

Any other news?

#7 kirsee

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hi All,

SarahBubble - firstly congrats  cclap.gif  secondly I got a  BFN.gif  but when testing for DS it wasn't +ve til day33 and I am day 30 now (or 11dpo) so I will try again on Wednesday and hands.gif for my  BFP.gif .... I had a bit more cramping but no more bloody mucous but I do have lots of EW type Mucous so that is why I am hanging out til Wednesday. (TMI I put my fleurcup in yesterday incase it was AF as I had to work and thus I have been monitoring my CM quite closely...)

Baby Dust to all

~*K*~

#8 kirsee

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

Weird Double Post...

ETA - earlier I tried to feel where my cervix is and it is low but I must of irritated it as I now have bad cramps and a slight amount if pinkish red blood in the mucous.... So I think I'm out and AF is on its way so disappointed...

~*K*~

Edited by kirsee, 20 November 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#9 seaside_feral

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

Firstly I'm not sure that I said an official proper congratulations to holiday romp!! ddance.gif BFP.gif eexcite.gif
Wishing you all the very best for the months ahead!!  

Sarah bubble Congrats on selling your house!!  Must be a very good feeling - hopefully it translates into baby luck for you too!!  

Mikkie Great to hear you had a lovely weekend away.  I've never tried using the Maybe Baby but have read mixed feedback about it on here - some ladies don't seem to find it very helpful at all while others swear by it.  Have you tried OPKs at all?

Kirsee bbighug.gif - I'm sorry you're feeling so sad hon, thinking of you bbighug.gif

AFM I met up yesterday with some EB friends in Melbourne!!! A while back (when we had originally planned to start TTC earlier than we did), i joined a group under EB buddy groups called Beginning the Baby Bounce - they're an awesome crowd of PG ladies / TTC ladies and new mums... though most of them are new mums now!!! We had a Melbourne meet up and although I was the only one without a bub it was so great to meet them in person after chatting online on EB and Facebook for so long. I just hope so much I'll be joining them in being a mum in the not too distant future!! I didn't feel too negative today though, I am actually feeling really positive at the moment that our baby will come along when he or she is meant to, and it will all work out as it should.

I also went TTC shopping online!!  Ordered some OPKs, a thermometer and some pre-seed.  Can't wait for it all to arrive in the mail later this week - should coincide nicely with the end of AF!!

#10 Threenager

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hi Ladies,

Congrats on the house sale Sarah bubble. Must be a hige releif!!

Mikkie, What is maybe baby?? Glad to hear you had a good weekend away.

Kirsee, hope AF stays away & you get your BFP on wed.

Seeside shells, sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. Can I ask, what does pre seed do? Hope it helps.

AFM, nothing much here. Had a nice weekend. CD7, so AF alsmost gone. Looking forward to some BDing soon!

#11 Threenager

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Such bad spelling on my last post!

#12 kirsee

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Well I'm out... I have really bad cramps and bright red blood....  ddown.gif

~*K*~

#13 Holidayromp

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

Sorry a meme post...this is very quick and just checking in.  Going to be a very busy week here so will try my best.

Went to the Doctors and have had my pregnancy confirmed.  The next step is because of my age I am having a dating scan and a confirmation of pregnancy scan - that was also my request because of lack of symptoms.

I have been booked in for a 3-D scan on Wednesday afternoon.  

My lack of symptoms is considered totally normal.  However because of my age I am having a whole heap of tests.  I am 38 and only had a normal pregnancy less than two years ago but will do as requested.  However one thing I won't do is an amniocentesis unless there is compelling reason to do so - for example the odds are stacked against a normal birth - it is evasive and not to be done 'just because'.

I must note that I now having a frequent urge to pee and the toilet has been seeing alot of me.  I am having vivid dreams and ms on and off throughout the day.  Usually eating sorts that out.

Once I see a heartbeat I will move on to the DIG but will be sad to leave you lovely ladies.  I have posted in the DD part of the July 2012 group and posted in the pregnancy symptoms (or lack of in my case as of yesterday) area but not yet game enough to post on the thread.  But it was reassuring that there was a lady there that is on to her fourth pregnancy too and has no symptoms either - she was slightly further along than me.

Big hugs to you all and baby dust all round.  

xo

#14 psychoteapot

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

a quick meme post
(sorry I really need to jump on here when i actually ahve TIME to do some personals! smack on the hand for me!)

I have started doing my temps every morning. Just so that i can figure out what my cycle is. Im 25yo and have had a baby....I SHOULD know how long my cycle is and when i ovulate!

as for the rest of it all....no news. good or bad! AF is "due" in 5 days but im always a bit irregular so we will see.

anyone have any good news?

#15 my3cubs

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

Threenager I hope you're busy bd'ing wink.gif ...fx this is your month.

Kirsee sorry to hear your out this month...big hugs have some wine and chocolate and get ready for next month.

Holidayromp good luck for wednesday...its good you are getting a scan early on at least it would put your mind at ease. I will be thinking of you, it will be sad not to have you around though!

Psychoteapot I have 3 kids and still dont really know when i ov! I was going to buy some OPK's this cycle but have been so flat out just havent had time. Im now cd11 so not sure if its too late i might try and pop out this arvo and grab some. Good luck for this cycle hopefully AF will be permanently late original.gif .

AFM im now on cd11, i have managed to bd on cd8 and cd10 so far on track...last month was only a 25 day cycle so not really sure when im ov so far no signs for fx this month is back to my normal 27 day cycle. I really have to go buy some OPK's ive never had to in the past so maybe its a mental block...like that's admitting i will need some help this time?

#16 MahnaMahna

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

Holiday - It is quite stressful when you have no symptoms. I hope your scan is soon and you see the little heartbeat going nice and strong original.gif

Sarahbubble - Congrats on selling the house!

Someone asked in the last thread I think if I have a doc or FS appt? Yes I have been given a referral to a FS but I keep hesitating in making the appt. I am terrified of having to take that step.

Well I think I am officially in the 2WW for this month. We haven't BD'd a lot but hopefully enough. Just haven't been in the mood lately, more just going through the motions.

Kirsee, really sorry to hear this was not your month.

#17 psychoteapot

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

well im guessing im out for this month. CD 42 and a BFN. AF due tomorrow. bugger! Hopefully next month.

Hows everyone else going?

#18 Holidayromp

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

Righto I am back - the monster is in bed and I am on a lunch break.

Psychoteapot - love your name.  How did you come up with that one?  Sorry that you are out for this month.  Excellent excuse for plenty of chocolate and wine.   original.gif

MahnaMahna - 2ww how exciting.  It doesn't matter on the quantity of bding but the quality  original.gif

My3cubs - Having OPKs is not 'help'.  I used them to get to know my body.  They are the perfect assistance and help fine tune to help you look for signs. I now know my body down pat.  Also using OPKs does not mean you will get pg straight away - some people can still take months to get pg using them.  At the end of the day it is to do with egg and sperm quality and luteal phases etc - yes knowing when to ovulate does help but it is not the biggest factor.

AFM: My scan is next Wednesday.  The doctor booked me in for this Wednesday but in all of the excitement of actually getting to the doctors - I forgot to take note of my LMP date and DH was very helpful in that regard too with giving the correct date but the Doctor keyed in the wrong one putting me approx a week ahead of myself.  So I ended up ringing the clinic - it is a private u beaut one here (I normally go to either of the two main ones in town) but nope private clinic this time  biggrin.gif .  Anyway I gave the correct dates to the receptionist and it turns out that they would have to call me back anyway to confirm heartbeat as 5w5days is considered too early.  So to cut a long story short I am going at the same time next Wednesday.

I have a ton of pregnancy tests here (bought bulk packs of First Response - early test and First Reponse missed period tests) anyway POAS for the missed period test and it has come up heaps darker than the one I did 9 days ago so my hCG must be doubling.

I don't like butcher's shops - in fact I used to like them but the smell made me  sick (cannot post emoticons) that I couldn't wait to get out of there.  I was still feeling queasy whilst completing the shopping.

Still in denial but am coming around to the idea that I am pregnant.  DH and I talked about it the other night he reckons because I fell pregnant so quickly that I haven't come around to it.  To be honest I am 38 and I thought that I would take awhile.  I have fallen pregnant easily in the past but I was younger.

Must go.  

Hi to everyone else - I still cannot post emoticons  sad.gif   well at least the more complicated ones grrrr

#19 my3cubs

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

thanks Holidayromp, you are of course right about the OPK's, right that's it im off to buy some this afternoon! I might have missed the boat with them this month as im on cd13 but at least if AF comes im right to go next month. Great news the line keeps getting darker on the HPT's great sign original.gif . That's good about changing the date on the scan, i had a scan with my last pg at 5wk3d and it just caused me more stress as it was too early to see a HB.

I hope everyone else is well, im flying out to brisvegas tonight i lived there for 3 years but have moved back to Adelaide and im attending my goddaughter's christening on Sunday will be great to see friends again original.gif .

#20 SarahBubble

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

Have a wonderful weekend my3cubs! Hope it is lots of fun for you.

Holidayromp - am so excited for you, hope your scan goes well on Wednesday. Your dh is probably right, it takes a while to fully get your head around it, fx the next 8-9  months go smoothly.

MahnaMahna - thank you original.gif maybe just the threat of a fs appt will be enough for things to happen wink.gif Hope your 2ww brings a couple of little lines.

Me, well I'm in the 2ww too. We've probably done more bd'ing this month than most months so we'll just wait and see. I know I'm going to find it awfully hard if I'm even half a day late and then get a BFN. Hopefully I don't get too upset if it isn't our month. I must admit, I was a bit naive and didn't expect it to take too long to conceive #2, otherwise I would have started earlier! Oh well, at least I've learnt something along the way wink.gif

Hope everyone has had a good week and weekend.

#21 seaside_feral

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hi ladies

Psychoteapot I'm really sorry to hear about your BFN hon, that just sucks and Kirsee so sorry that the witch has arrived. Sending you both hugs, chocolate and wine bbighug.gif

Sarah Bubble Hope you will be lucky this month!

My3 cubs Hope you have a great time in Queensland catching up with everyone and enjoy your goddaughter's christening original.gif

Mahna Mahna I think it was me who asked if you had seen a FS, I can understand it would be very nerveracking for you.  Hopefully you will have some good news this month and won't need the appointment!

Holidayromp Great to hear that your test lines are getting stronger and stronger and all the best for your scan on Wednesday - very exciting!

AFM My OPKs and pre-seed arrived in the mail, and AF has left the building, so it's time for us to get busy!! dev (6).gif  I really want a BFP for Christmas!!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xx

#22 kirsee

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the hugs and positive thoughts.

We have a break from TTC til around September next year so I will probably pop back in around then.

I hope that you will all be holding your little bundles of joy by then grin.gif

Thanks for all your wonderful support,

~*K*~

#23 seaside_feral

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

All the best Kirsee xx

#24 Threenager

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hi Ladies smile1.gif

My3cubs - GL with the OPK's. I got some this month too, figured it can't hurt, at least I would know (kind of) that I am actually ovulating. Have a great weekend.

MahnaMahna - Fingers crossed for u smile1.gif

Psychoteapot - sorry to hear AF is arriving sad.gif Hope you enjoy a nice glass of wine this weekend.

Holydayromp - sounds like things are going well for you. COngrats!!!

Sarahbubble - hope the 2ww doesn't drap too much for you. Fingers corssed you get a BFP this month!!!

Seaside_shells - have fun with the BDing!! Can I ask what is pre-seed?

Kirsee - All the best with TTC next year (hugs)

AFM - CD12 here. Did my first OPK today, which was -, but I would have been surprised if it wasn't! Had a faint line so hopefully it will get darker. This time 4 years ago DD was conceived. My missed period was the 17th Dec, and I think I can test on the 13th Dec (depending on o).

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Edited by Threenager, 26 November 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#25 seaside_feral

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hi threenager !  Pre-seed is sperm-friendly lube. original.gif  I think it's also designed to mimic fertile CM to help the little fellas reach their destination! We were using sylk and then discovered it's not TTC friendly so decided to switch to pre-seed instead.  I am also using OPKs this cycle, so far only negatives, but I won't be expecting to see a positive until later this week sometime, even early next week.  Wouldn't it be funny if you conceived on the same cycle as DD?  original.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Christina Aguilera announces daughter's name

Christina Aguilera and her fiance, Matt Rutler, have welcomed their daughter into the world.

Couple caught in surrogacy crackdown

An Australian couple caught up in Thailand's surrogacy crackdown have said many parents are distraught and facing dire financial difficulties as are they are unable to bring their surrogate-born babies home.

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

5 co-sleeping myths busted

In case you are co-sleeping with your baby, and all the ?helpful? advice from others is sending you down the slippery slope of self-doubt, let?s bust a few myths on the topic.

When pregnancy takes you down memory lane

One mum-to-be discovers pregnancy hormones can give rise to some surprising emotions.

What?s your love language?

The secret to making your partner feel special is to know which language of love they favour ? and it?s the same for your kids, too.

Returning to exercise after a caesarean

I had my daughter four months ago via caesarean, and I want to get back into exercise. What are some good first steps I can take?

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Home truths: the DIY dos and don'ts

A professional renovator gives advice on which jobs you should do yourself, and which you should outsource.

Parenting lessons I?ve yet to learn

Instead of writing about the stuff I do know since becoming a mum, I thought I'd share some of the things I don't. These are the lessons that motherhood hasn't taught me.

Will I be wrecked 'down there' after birth?

Did you worry about how you would look "down there" after giving birth? This mum-to-be found plenty of women willing to share their knowledge.

The new weekend playgroup for working mums

Playgroups are great for kids and parents alike - but the downside is that they often meet during the week, leaving working mums out of the loop.

Letting your toddler be the boss at bedtime

Sick of spending hours trying to get your toddler to sleep? These experts say giving your child more of a say at bedtime might be the answer.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

Consulting 'Dr Google' when you're pregnant

We're all guilty of turning to the internet for a quick answer when we need medical advice, but Dr Google should be approached with caution - especially when you're pregnant.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Chinese manufacturers tap into the cute factor with tree-grown babies.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.