Strangest things you've ever seen

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 *LiMa*

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Around half an hour ago, DH, DD and I were in the car, taking DD to dancing.  As we were about to pull out of the carpark a guy on his bike came past, followed by 2 of his mates - which is perfectly normal right?

Except for the fact that they were these guys, who it turns out are riding from Adelaide to Melbourne dressed as the Tortoise and the Hare (the 3rd guy was dressed as a referee)

Obviously they are doing it for a good cause, and we have since donated on their website, but we couldn't stop laughing.  Definitely not something you see everyday!

#2 LambChop

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Brilliant original.gif  One of those cool life moments original.gif

#3 Lisy-lis

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

I saw about thirty rollerblading Elvis men once in Melbourne ....  and a toy rabbit tied to a cross with tinsel in a Japanese department store at Easter.

ETA  -  I had to use Elvis men because I can't pluralise Elvis today -  Some people get the flu, I have the dumb.

Edited by Lisy-lis, 03 November 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#4 ChickenNuggets

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

This one just from today - a FB friend came home to this:

#5 Romeo Void

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

We caught a train a few months ago and our carriage was filled with about 50 grey haired older ladies, all wearing badges that said 'Shirely'.  They seemed to be having a hoot, laughing. talking loudly and generally having a ball so I asked on of them what the badge meant. They were ALL called Shirley LOL.  Once a month the Shirley club heads out for a boozy lunch.  They looked like they were having so much fun it made me want to be a Shirley LOL.

#6 JustBeige

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

LOL at the Tortoise and The Hare.  Those ears would cause serious wind drag.

OMG at the trampoline on the house. huh.gif

#7 Pretz

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

Early in the afternoon my husband and I were sighteeing. On the side of the street was  a parked Taxi.
The driver got out, lifted a heavily drunk woman (we assumed that she was drunk) out of the back of the cab and carried her over his shoulder like a sack of flour. Her dress lifted up in a very unfortunate manner... and he carried her to an apartment building.  Very weird.

I used to be an ESL teacher in Japan. I was teaching on the 5th floor when my student started acting strangely. He stood up and tried to open the window to get out. He wouldn't respond when I asked him if he was ok. He then started to ramble, left the room and stumbled past the other class rooms. I tried to get him back to no avail. My boss made no effort to help: he was a real tool.  
The student managed to get into the elevator with me close behind, and when we got the ground floor he exited the building. This may not sound so bad, but our school was on the main intersection in Shinjuku and Kousho kaido is extremely busy.  The pedestrian light was against him, but he was so agitated and incoherant that he tried to step out in front of the oncoming traffic. Luckily I managed to pull him back, but it was a bit frightening.  
I managed to get him back into the office and asked the Japanese staff to call an ambulance or a  DR. They were so useless. They didn't try and help when we passed them earlier, and all they did was shove him in a taxi with his home address. The next time I had to teach him, it was as if nothing had happpened.

At another school I helped at, one of the students who was a man in his 50's or 60's would wear all pink. Toda had a fondness for pink Lycra shorts. He even wore pink clips in his hair.  The most unusual rthing he did was remove his shoes in class, and place them under the teacher's chair.

A man with 2 meer cats on leads. very bizarre, but he seemed to love the attention.

A lady was walking her pet ferret on a lead, and it must've gotten a fright so it ran up her skirt. Oh so funny.

By the way, these all happened in Japan....

#8 CountryFeral

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

On grand final day 1993 (yes I remember the day!) my sister, BIL and I were out driving in the countryside, miles from anywhere, miles from human habitation, hadn't seen another car for hours, surrounded by paddocks, wildflowers, gentle sunshine.....

when we were passed by a teenage boy, shoeless, with an intense look in his eye riding bareback absolutely flat out - FLAT OUT - like the hounds of hell were after him - on a old grey donkey.

#9 Abbygirl

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

Oh I love the Shirley club!!!

#10 Jupiter123

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

I saw a clown (in full clown get up, makeup big shoes the works) hop off a ride on lawn mower and start picking up rubbish that was on the medium strip of a busy road.

#11 **Xena**

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

These are 2 from a friend who works at McDonalds.

One- a car load of guys pulls up. They are on a bucks night and they are all completely naked. They order an apple pie each laughing2.gif

Two- 2 old ladies come in, in full formal wear ie ball dresses, gloves the wrks. They order Big Mac meals each and then make up their table with a linen table cloth, crockery and silverware and proceed to sit down together and eat like they are high dining.

#12 knittingkitten

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Martin Place, sydney- suits on their way to work.

And a blow up, walk through colon.

And you can hire it- 50th perhaps?!?!?!

#13 Brownbear

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

A friend was driving along a country road at night when he suddenly had to swerve to avoid a naked man doing the deed (from behind) with someone in a panda suit.

#14 Pretz

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

If you're in Tokyo and want to freak out your kids try the Parasite museum;
[url="http://kiseichu.org/....aspx"]Parasite museum.[/url

My husband and I went there and it really makes your skin crawl. It's free too!

#15 GenWhy

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Have done many roatrips from Perth to Broome, Kununurra and even the Gold Coast. On every trip I see someone looking like skin and bones riding a bicycle. On the way back to Perth going across the nullarbor I saw a guy in thongs pushing a wheelbarrow.

#16 Mamacass2

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

That is so cool OP.

Last week I was driving home from picking DS up from kinder, I saw a young couple (about 16) walking along holding hands and I thought how sweet but what is she wearing, from a distance it appeared to be skin coloured leggings but when I got closer I saw that she had the whole back part of the skirt she was wearing tucked up under her bag and she either had no undies on or a thong becuase I could see everything. LOL. I cannot believe she could not feel the wind on her bottom! Being the good samaritan I am I stopped and told her. She was very thankful. I don't know how long they had been walking but they were walking down a main busy road around here so I think many people may have been flashed!!!!!!!!!

#17 NannyPlum

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

This was yesterday.

I was driving down the hwy grooving and singing my heart out when I get overtaken by a cop car - full of old ladies with white permed hair... I had to do a double take and a head count lol.

They were probably apart of the Shirley club! biggrin.gif

#18 Gerbra Girl

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering how and why the trampoline was on the roof?

#19 IsolaBella

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

I know my niece gave some hikers a double take while hiking in the Alps in Switzerland.... little miss 2.75yo was dressed as a cow with a bell around her neck going moo.

She entertained and bemused many tourists. The photos were very funny.

#20 Bunsen the feral

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (LoquaciousSnuffbox @ 03/11/2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's also a Hazel club, like the Shirley one.

Any idea where they are, MIL is Hazel and I can totally see her joining!

#21 Kya

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Gerbra Girl @ 03/11/2011, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it just me or is anyone else wondering how and why the trampoline was on the roof?

There has to be a very good story behind that picture!

DH and I were in Leicester Square in London and the police were shutting down the streets as a protest march was just about to come through. Minutes before the protestors came down the street about 50 people on bikes dressed as Sherlock Holmes came peddling through. It was hilarious. We asked the closest bobby want that was all about and he replied "I am as clueless as you mam." Very random and funny sight.

Edited by Kya, 03 November 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#22 Guest_CaptainOblivious_*

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

We had a garden shed and it wasn't bolted down properly. We come home one day and the shed wasn't there. All of the stuff was stacked around the walls of where the shed had been but no shed. blink.gif

Eventually we found it smashed to bits in the paddock behind our house. It must have been caught in a freak gust of wind and been lifted in the air, then smashed down. That would have been cool to watch.

#23 Guest_holy_j_*

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

The scooby doo mystery machine parked in the shopping centre carpark. I half expected scooby doo and shaggy to come running out, it was totally realistic.

#24 Chchgirl

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

A few years ago, driving away from a pet warehouse in Wetherill park in Sydney, what do I see but a guy dressed as a Storm Trooper riding a pushbike! it was late afternoon and I would assume he's on his way to a dress up party..we still laugh about it!

#25 ~mimo~

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Chchgirl @ 03/11/2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A few years ago, driving away from a pet warehouse in Wetherill park in Sydney, what do I see but a guy dressed as a Storm Trooper riding a pushbike! it was late afternoon and I would assume he's on his way to a dress up party..we still laugh about it!

I remember seeing him on tv. Was a charity thing I think.

ETA: He was walking, not riding. Must have been a dress up party. wink.gif http://gizmodo.com/5821627/a-stormtrooper-...ia-for-charity/

Edited by ~mimo~, 03 November 2011 - 08:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Why are there so few sexy maternity bras?

Rather than feeling ashamed of their post-baby bodies, women should be free to buy lingerie that makes them look attractive and pretty - no matter what stage of life they're in.

Toddler Alliyah one step closer to first trip home

She has lived the first 14 months of her life in a hospital intensive care unit, but Alliyah Broadby's parents hope to finally take their little girl home with them.

'Put people before IVF profits': IVF pioneer Alan Trounson

IVF could be done for hundreds of dollars in Australia instead of $8500 if clinics stopped charging what ''the market will handle'', a pioneer of the technology says.

Expectant parents urged to swap the pub for bub

Nearly one in five women drink while pregnant, but a current campaign is trying to drive down that unhealthy statistic.

Nutella supplies threatened by bad weather

There's bad news for fans of Nutella, the gooey, chocolatey hazelnut spread.

The cost of growing your own vegies

Does it make financial sense to grow your own veggies, or are you better off ordering produce from the local food co-op?

Breastfeeding mums less likely to suffer from PND, but all need support

A new study has shown the a complex relationship between a mother?s intention to breastfeed, her ability to do so, and postnatal depression.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Going viral

Mum gives birth at school

After four decades in the industry, pest controller John Birkett couldn't believe what he found in one woman's bedroom.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.