• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#51 cat 79

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

i have sent you a pm just one more.

#52 mel43

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hi and Welcome, Sharrison and DH+Me+2 original.gif

We booked our VR a month or 2 in advance, and had to have it all paid 4 weeks in advance.
I haven't had any testing done, but I've been charting my BBT and CM, and very occasionally use OPK's, and it all says that I'm ovulating, so I'm pretty sure that I'm fertile.

My DH had 9 years between V and VR, and technically, it was a success original.gif We have pretty good numbers, but currently working on shoddy motility.

We went through Dr Woolcott (he has a webpage, just google "Vasectomy Reversal") and I believe he also does VRs in Perth. He has had excellent results in this group, out of 4 who went with him, I'm the only one left without a BFP so far.

Hi flowergirl waves.gif  and welcome back just-one-more original.gif

If anyone from this thread wants to join our FB group, you need to become facebook friends with someone from the group. I'm happy to befriend people and add them to the group, so whoever wants to join, just send me a PM with your full facebook name, and a description of your profile pic (in case there's 200 "Mary Smiths") and I'll add you original.gif

Edited by mel43, 23 January 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#53 sharrison

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Is the facebook group private?

My partner is a pretty private person, most people dont even know he had a vasectomy done and he'd be horrified if I was talking about it publically on facebook.

#54 mel43

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

Oh yes, we've gone one better than private, it's a secret group, no one even knows the group exists, except it's members of course. So non members can't see anything original.gif

#55 sharrison

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

I wasn't sure if I'm ready for that facebook group since my partner hasnt had a reversal yet..

But he and I had a great conversation yesterday and I cant stop smiling. I was quite confident that he was happy enough to go down that path but had a niggling concern that he was a bit ambivalent about it.

Yesterday he clearly said that he'll do the reversal and if that doesnt work, we'll do IVF. He even seemed enthused at the prospect.

It was just so nice to hear.

#56 cat 79

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

that sounds really good sharrison !you are still most welcome over at the facebook group !

#57 Katiebird

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hi Ladies

Mind if I join you? My hubby has his VR last week after almost 10 years since his orginal Vas. We did one round of IVF (three transfers which were all BFNs) so we decided to try the reversal this time around instead.

Hubby went to Dr Robert Woolcott and he reattached both sides. We are only a week post op so still waiting before we can start trying and to see if it has worked. Fingers crossed!!

How long did you guys wait before you started trying? We were told 4 weeks but I am not sure we can wait that long and was thinking three?

Anyway I will start reading back through the thread to get to know everyone original.gif

Edited by Katiebird, 24 February 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#58 cat 79

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

most of the girls who were here have moved over to the facebook page but i still hang around here ,your circumstances are similar to ours we had 9.5 years inbetween reversal and original whichi think was to long but dh wouldnt budge ,we went through the metro center brisbane 18mths ago and so far no luck ,we have three boys aged 15,13 and 11 .i have heard good things about your doctor ,really hope it works out for you.we waited two weeks before trying and thats sounds average i dont think most hold out for a month!

Edited by cat 79, 25 February 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#59 Katiebird

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hi Cat

What is the facebook page?

Yeah it does look like we are around the same time since original Vas. I'm worried it's going to effect the outcome but I am hoping it gives up a better chance than we have no which is ZERO!

My hubby has four kids. I don't have any but we both want together so badly. I tried IVF first but had no luck and really hated it. I am hoping we have more luck this way. I have always wanted to be a mum and don't know what I will do if we can't make it happen sad.gif

Have you had a SA done? I think we get ours in about 10 weeks time.

I hope you get your BFP soon!

#60 cat 79

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

i have sent you a pm katiebird

#61 Just-one-more

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hubby had his VR today!!

I never thougt we would get here!! Hubby is sleepng poor thing!

I cant get onto the facebook group cat, can you pls send tge link again ?

#62 cat 79

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

i sent you a pm just one more

#63 mel43

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hi just one more. Hope your husbands not in too much pain original.gif

You can't get to the FB group via a link. You need to become friends with someone from the group first.

I'm quite happy to befriend new group members, just send me a PM with your name as it is on FB, and a description of your profile pic (so I know which one's you if there's more than one) and I'll add you to the group original.gif

#64 catty81

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi girls, I have been kinda naughty and forgot to post on here.  Our facebook group is great but not so good for others who are seeking support etc.

Thought I would let you know that nine months after DH had his reversal we have gotten our BFP!  We may have gotten it sooner but I had to take clomid as I wasn't O'ing.

DH had the vasectomy done in 2007 only 3 weeks after our DD was born.  I was not happy about it but didn't say much.  It took about a year of begging, pleading, crying, reasoning, bribing - basically whatever I could do.  In the end DH realised that the VR would make me happy and he agreed.  I was so surprised, I didn't think he would ever change his mind!

#65 cat 79

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

i have sent you a pm catty81

#66 catty81

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

just replied Cat!  I maybe didn't explain myself properly.  I meant that most of us being in a secret facebook group means that this thread is kinda slow.  Which sucks for anyone who doesn't know about the fb group.  Does that makes sense?  blahhhh hormones are making my brain stupid.  i am so forgetful and spacey lately!

#67 cat 79

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

thats ok !i think most left here awhile ago because there is more privacy at the
facebook group and some now just call in here sometimes like me !i dont recall seeing you on facebook what was your name there pm me if you like !

#68 MichelleTT

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hi there!
Where is everyone? I've just discovered these boards, and had an amazing read through of everyone's stories.
I'm 38, with a 5 and 7yo. DH had the snip nearly 5 years ago, and for a couple of years now I've had that feeling that someone really is missing.
I'm not game to bring it up to DH yet, I want to pick my moment before I tell him what is in my heart of hearts. I see his original doctor does reversals too, which is great as hubby liked him a lot.
I'm torn between being grateful for where I am right now, and putting my heart on the line for something that mightn't even eventuate.

#69 cat 79

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

hi Michelle TT !,i still check in here but we do have a facebook page and thats basically where everyone is !i will send you a PM.

#70 juls13

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

Hi all
Looks like I am in the same boat as all of you. I noticed you are members of a facebook group, would anyone be able to send me the link? Would be great to talk to people who know exactly what we are going through!

#71 amz1987

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Send me a PM with your facebook details, and Ill add you as a friend, then to the group original.gif

#72 mrshoney

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hi all,

It's been ages since I've been on the forum and we are now 3 months post VR.  Just got our SA results back today from the surgeon and the count is only 110,000.  The surgeon told my husband that it took the lab 3 hours to process the sample so this may contribute to the low number but wants him to redo in 2 months.  I'm feeling a bit shattered.  No idea if 110,000 is enough to even conceive, no idea what the motility was, no idea of anything...

Sorry for venting, hoping someone out there will have some information that can help me sad.gif

Also, would appreciate joining the FB page if someone can PM me the link?

Thanks in advance ladies.

#73 sharrison

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Its been ages since I was here too but OH and I had a chat about getting his VR done in the next 12 months so I am now researching doctors, hospitals, costs etc and would like to join the fb group. Who is the best person to PM?

#74 mel43

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hi sharrison,  I remember your user name. You can pm me if you like. Just include your real/Facebook name and a description of your profile pic.

#75 sharrison

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

For some reason its not letting me send a private message. Am I missing something?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

9 things I need to thank my parents for

You really don't realise everything your parents did for you until you find yourself doing them for your own children ... vomit catching and all.

The adventurous baby who's already putting safety first

When you're a baby, even getting off a bed and onto the floor can be a tricky procedure.

The story behind the love video that went viral

It is a quiet video, less than a half-minute long. It features no flourishes to speak of. It has no kittens doing kitten things. None of the things that often make a video go viral.

Anthony and Elle Watmough's joyous news as baby cleared of fatal condition

Rugby league star Anthony Watmough and his wife Elle have shared their joy at learning their unborn baby, who was thought to have Trisomy 18, was cleared of the fatal condition.

Win a family farmstay with Shaun the Sheep

To celebrate the Home Entertainment release of Shaun the Sheep Movie, Essential Kids and Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment are offering one winner and their family a holiday to a farm.

How I learnt to be a better friend

I may have lost that particular friend years ago, but I have gained so much from that experience.

What goes in the nappy bag?

It's far more than just a bag for nappies - it's the travel companion for your baby that should contain all the things you might need when away from home base.

The nature naming trend

The biggest joy of our daughter's name is that people really light up when they hear it (pun intended).

Win a Justine Clarke Pyjama Jam! prize pack

The Pyjama Jam! tour will see Justine Clarke returning to more intimate venues around Australia, creating the perfect comfy and cozy atmosphere for a PJ party.

Parents of baby born without part of his skull stand up to critics

When Brittany and Brandon Buell's son Jaxon was born missing much of his brain and skull, doctors said he only had days to live.

Baby plans are 'none of your business'

Emily Bingham had been asked about her baby making plans one too many times. 

Diet shakes to lose weight? Think again

Thinking of investing in meal replacement shakes to slim down ahead of summer?

Study offers support for cancer treatment during pregnancy

It is among the most delicate and difficult dilemmas in medicine: Should a pregnant woman who has received a cancer diagnosis begin treatment before her child is born?

Awards 2015: Vote now for a chance to win $2000

Vote for your favourite pregnancy, baby and toddler products for your chance to win your share of $2500 in cash prizes.

64 baby names based in nature

Looking for a baby name with a nod to nature, or one with an organic meaning? Check out our list to get inspired.

What coffee does to your body

That cup of Joe is just the boost your body needs.

Mum leaves triplets at hospital because she can't afford them

An illiterate and poverty stricken mother has abandoned her newborn triplets at hospital because she cannot afford to care for them.

I gave my daughter up for adoption - then tried to be her mum

The first time my oldest daughter called me 'Mum', she was 17.

Rainbow Babies lighting up the internet

A recent Facebook photo post is prompting widespread discussion of an emotional topic for many parents: rainbow babies.

The new wave of virgins giving birth

Dozens of young women have had virgin births after undergoing IVF in Britain, it has been reported.

'It sort of became an addiction': parents buying, reselling Bonds Wondersuits

Your baby might be crawling around in hundreds of dollars worth of clothing.

Adjusting your child to daylight savings time

A one-hour difference to the day is pretty big deal when you're little.

Born too soon: life on the margins of existence

The frontiers of life are advancing ever further into uncharted territory.

What's hot on EB

Stella McCartney honours mum with lacy bra

Fashion designer Stella McCartney has honoured her late mum, Linda McCartney, by designing a special bra for post-mastectomy patients.

Don't panic: A granddad midwife's guide for dads-to-be

Mark Harris has helped deliver 500 babies. And he's now telling fathers what to expect.

How to be a calm parent when you're feeling anything but

Being a calm parent takes a lot of work, sometimes more than is obvious to those around us.

The joy and isolation of being a stay-at-home dad

It's cool, kind of like a second childhood. I love him to bits and think, on average, I'm an okay dad. But I also want to talk about the other stuff.

How baby Teddy's short life is helping save thousands of lives

He may have only lived for 100 minutes, but that didn't stop baby Teddy from saving the lives of others.

A heartbreaking trail of missed chances in death of baby forgotten in car

A haunting reminder to stay mindful about babies in cars, especially as we approach summer.

What to do if your baby has tongue-tie

Tongue-tie can cause feeding problems. However once it is diagnosed, the condition can be easily treated.

How to move house without losing your mind

Some people move frequently, while others like to stay put. But everyone finds it stressful.

'She had nowhere to go': how new mum's life began to unravel

The birth of her first child should have been happiest of times for Campsie mother Phuong Cao, but friends say it marked the beginning of when her life began to unravel. 

Women giving birth to a son keep some of his Y chromosomes

It was an experiment doomed to failure - they were looking for male cells in female bodies. And their search was stunningly successful.

Photos: How babies fit in the womb

A gorgeous photo series shows babies in the first hours after their birth - as they were positioned in the womb.

Baby tries to persuade stubborn bulldog to walk, fails

We don't know what he's saying, but this baby has a very clear message for his bulldog pal: let's walk - NOW.

The best toddler gift ever? Nine gender-neutral play kitchen picks

Without a doubt, one of the best gifts for a toddler turning two or three is a play kitchen.

9 easy steps to improve your baby photography

With a few simple tips you can take your images from random happy snaps to lovely clean images that create beautiful lasting memories.

What are your favourite baby products?

The Essential Baby Awards are on now, and we need your help! Have your say on your top picks and you'll go in the draw to win a share of $2500.

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.