IVF with PGD #95

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#51 Madalem

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Great news bright*future... biggrin.gif  Best of luck for your cycle.
Looks like we might be on a similar timing to you...AF due any moment, but still gotta get through a few appointments before a cycle can start.... Hoping for mid April...
Hello to everyone else.... waves.gif

#52 ~lollies~

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

Exciting news girls, wishing you both all the best for April!

original.gif

#53 bright*future

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Thanks all! original.gif

Madalem I hope we cycle together, it sounds good to have a buddy!!

#54 Madalem

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

I hope so too bright*future....  original.gif

I had my counselling appointments today.....so just got to wait for the nurses appointment now....at the moment not until 4 April!  sad.gif AF started today though, so hopefully even with a wait for the nurses, we're still on track for a mid April start...

Am meant to go on the pill though, so hope that I can find out when to start that so we're ready for April...

#55 bright*future

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

I am probably looking at mid-late April too! My next AF is due to start on 20 April (though still waiting for this one!) and then having a "short" protocol. The FS plan is to give me a high dose to get lots of eggs, so it will probably be a "freeze all", and will then have to wait again until say mid may before I get a transfer. Yipee!!

#56 Madalem

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hi bright*future,

I've just started the pill, but I've also found out that I'm not scheduled for EPU until 25 May.  Got my nurses appointment on 4 April, so just more waiting for us.....but at least I can look forward to a date now, rather than the unknown wait....

I'll be on a pretty decent dose of Gonal as well in mid-May-ish (although as this will be my second stim cycle, they sort of know how I'll respond)....but we'll also be aiming for as many embies to test as we can....

Hopefully, we'll get at least one healthy embie, and get to transfer straight away on Day 5......and hopefully some for the freezer too....

Back to waiting.....  wwhistle.gif

#57 bright*future

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hey ladies,

Madalem how are you travelling?

Today I went to acupuncture and I'm getting herbs too (eww). I was hoping I would get out of that because my FS is away and we couldn't get an answer on whether he was happy with me taking them or not, but the nurse said it was OK if I stopped about 2 days prior.  I'm not excited about the herbs!

Made it all very real though, we are talking about 4 weeks between now and then, and the acupuncturist was saying we didn't have much time... so there we go. It just creeps up on you all of a sudden doesn't it!!

Hope everyone else is well.

#58 Madalem

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hi bright...
On the OCP now, and will be for another 6 weeks or so.  My EPU is scheduled for 25 May....2 months exactly from today!!
wwhistle.gif  wwhistle.gif  wwhistle.gif
My naturopath suggested herbs....but I decided against it. I'm hoping the supplements that we're on are enough....and I'm also enjoying acupuncture....DP not so much....hehe
Hope things are going well for you.... original.gif  Keep us posted with your progress..

#59 eskimoo

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hi Ladies,
Just thought I'd pop in and see who else was counting down the days?  wink.gif
Hopefully I'll be starting a new cycle end April/ start May after the failed attempt in March, so it looks like we could all be around the same time?

xxx

#60 bright*future

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been so busy with Easter, visitors etc!! I am on day 30 of my cycle today so I think I'll get AF any minute now. I had acupuncture yesterday too and it felt really "strong" so I think that she is on her way. So I will start jabbing in the next few days and it will probably be a freeze all, so then a transfer maybe in May/June depending on when my next AF comes.

I have a goal in my head, trying to be realistic so I'm not let down when the time comes.  My goal is 20 eggs (I'm being mega stimmed as it's really a numbers game for us with the PGD because of a 50/50 disease), 15 fert, 8 are good disease free embies. That's my aim and I'm sticking with it - gotta stay positive!!

I've been finding it really hard to concentrate, it's been nearly 2 years since we started this bloody journey, it's hard to believe we're here.  Last night I went to sleep listening to a fertility meditation and I woke up feeling so much better, so I'll be making a habit of that.

Madalem, how are you enjoying the acu? I find some days it hurts more than others, do you find the same? Is your DP having acu as well? I didn't even think to suggest it to DH!

Eskimoo- so good to see you've got a plan for the next cycle already.

xoxo

#61 eskimoo

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

BF, did your FS give you those numbers or is that just what you are aiming for?

My FS was aiming for around 18 but obviously my ovaries weren't listening at the time...

Gosh you must be getting very excited.  I will be stalking to see how you are going next week original.gif

#62 bright*future

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I just made those numbers up based on Dr Google's opinion of my antral follicles etc LOL!!!

I know it is a high number but I'm trying to be positive wink.gif

ETA - I've just been reading the "how many eggs" thread in the general section and think maybe I should adjust my number to how many quality eggs!!  FS gave us a 40% chance so I figure if we get 3 to transfer we will get a baby, so I'll go from there!!   :-)

Edited by bright*future, 13 April 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#63 eskimoo

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

I think 20 is still a good number to aim for but of course it is all about quality original.gif

So, I've just been reading up on the antral follicle count and realised I've never had a baseline scan done.  Can I ask did you have one done before or did you just get your AMH levels checked (like me)?

#64 bright*future

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

My FS had me have a scan rather than AMH, I have no idea what my AMH is! I'm only 30 and no other problems so hopefully we don't get any surprises once I start the cycle.

#65 Madalem

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (eskimoo @ 12/04/2012, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Ladies,
Just thought I'd pop in and see who else was counting down the days?  wink.gif
Hopefully I'll be starting a new cycle end April/ start May after the failed attempt in March, so it looks like we could all be around the same time?

xxx

QUOTE (eskimoo @ 13/04/2012, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I've just been reading up on the antral follicle count and realised I've never had a baseline scan done.  Can I ask did you have one done before or did you just get your AMH levels checked (like me)?

Hi eskimoo - I'll be starting to jab on 1 May (I think!) and EPU is scheduled for 17 May....so we wont be far apart!   original.gif   I haven't had the AFC done (thats the scan done on Day 3, right?) I've only had AMH done twice.  However, I'm having a day 3 scan before my PGD cycle.....

QUOTE (bright*future @ 13/04/2012, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Madalem, how are you enjoying the acu? I find some days it hurts more than others, do you find the same? Is your DP having acu as well? I didn't even think to suggest it to DH!

Hi Bright - good luck with the numbers!  Fingers crossed!  I'm petrified of the numbers of good embies that our cycle will come up with.  And then I'll be petrified of MC again if we do get any good embies....  but I just have to try and take it all in, and make the most of what we get.

I rather enjoy the acu!  And some times it does hurt more than others, and is strong when AF is about to appear (or is there)!  Have been having it weekly pretty much since Sept last year (apart from a big break in Jan after the MC).  DP doesn't like it as much, but has agreed to stick it out until after EPU this time..... original.gif   It was recommended to him to help with his swimmers!

I'm on the OCP now....just waiting to get the AOK to go off it (I think another 10 days or so!), to get AF, to then start stimming......

#66 bright*future

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

OOOOO yay - hopefully that means that AF is close for me (other warning sign of course being I'm a grumpy t*at)!!!

#67 eskimoo

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

BF - our stats are the same lol, 30 and no other issues wink.gif

Madalem - I'm not really sure about the AFC to be honest, apart from what I read today. I'd never even heard of it before lol.  I'd say our dates will be very close too original.gif

So it looks like this place will start getting very interesting in the not too distant future! biggrin.gif

#68 bright*future

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

hey eskimoo,

I'm sorry I think I missed your cycle in March! How did it go (other than the obvious, which I am really sorry about)?

#69 eskimoo

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

My cycle was cancelled due to OHSS risk... ridiculous number of follicles and very high level of estrogen.  Hopefully they won't over stim you though BF original.gif

#70 bright*future

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Oh crap you poor thing!!

Fingers crossed I'll be right...

#71 Madalem

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Doh...I was a little bit out with dates.... cool.gif  Last pill on 1 May...stimming start on 7 May.....EPU on 17 May....

Waiting for the final paperwork to be mailed to me though outlining the dates, as they moved after my last appointment...

But still we'll all be within days of each other..... biggrin.gif

Edited by Madalem, 14 April 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#72 bright*future

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

still all close!! I got up this morning expecting to see AF, she still hasn't arrived.... I'll go to the gym and work hard this morning, maybe that will speed her up!!

#73 Fantales

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

hi ladies,

Can I please be added to this group? I was meant to have my PGD IVF cycle in May but I fell pregnant naturally so it was cancelled. I have just lost my baby at 9 weeks, most likely due to a chromosome defect... they think our embryos don't divide well and that why we were having PGD done on the next cycle. not sure what the next step is, have to go see Dr on Monday and go from there. I'm in Sydney.

Thanks

#74 eskimoo

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi graceful lily

I'm sorry for your loss.  
Of course you are most welcome here!  It looks like you've had a tough road so far, so hopefully PGD will be the answer for you.  
Good luck for the Dr tomorrow.

#75 Madalem

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Welcome lily....

I'm waiting for my first PGD cycle after multiple miscarriages....the last M/C and D&C showed Trisomy13 in identical twins.

I'm in Melbourne.  Good luck for your appointment tomorrow... original.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recall: Another cot deemed unsafe

Parents are being warned to check their baby's cot is not one of those which have been recalled in recent weeks due to safety concerns.

The truth about breastfeeding and weightloss

Celebrities often state that their post-baby weight loss is down to breastfeeding, and breastfeeding alone. But that's not the reality for all women.

10 weird things little kids do

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. It's usually nothing to worry about, but every now and again you might find yourself scratching your head and asking, ?Really? Is that really a thing??

The app that helps detect signs of autism

Parents can assess their children's progress at critical developmental stages, thanks to this new app.

Long battle to learn the truth about Ariana's birth

Cerise and Tim Lawn spent two years fighting to find out how a healthy pregnancy turned into a nightmare birth, and why their daughter now suffers from disabilities she shouldn't have.

Christina Aguilera announces daughter's name

Christina Aguilera and her fiance, Matt Rutler, have welcomed their daughter into the world.

Couple caught in surrogacy crackdown

An Australian couple caught up in Thailand's surrogacy crackdown have said many parents are distraught and facing dire financial difficulties as are they are unable to bring their surrogate-born babies home.

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

5 co-sleeping myths busted

In case you are co-sleeping with your baby, and all the ?helpful? advice from others is sending you down the slippery slope of self-doubt, let?s bust a few myths on the topic.

When pregnancy takes you down memory lane

One mum-to-be discovers pregnancy hormones can give rise to some surprising emotions.

What?s your love language?

The secret to making your partner feel special is to know which language of love they favour ? and it?s the same for your kids, too.

Returning to exercise after a caesarean

I had my daughter four months ago via caesarean, and I want to get back into exercise. What are some good first steps I can take?

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Whether they're out of favour traditional names, or the parents were a little creative, here are the least popular names of 2013.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.