IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#51 halby

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

HI all,

Listuss I think you and I will be 2ww together again. I'm day 8 tomorrow and bloods again for me. I am thinking maybe day 12 O for me and am considering a scan to ensure the lining is looking good. I will ask tomorrow when they call me with results and maybe a day 10 scan.

Mitchp when do you think your fet will be? I hope the night out went ok too.....

Hi Libra, kljl and everyone else. I hope you all have a fab weekend.

I'm ok have been on a bit of a downer knowing that this is it. Maybe I was actually relieved that we missed O last month as I could live in my hope longer. I am better today but on Wednesday I opened the flood gates of tears when I found DD little chook face down legs all stiff in her pen. Oh I just cried, and cried. I ended up taking her to the vet and she has apparently hurt herself as she has just started laying and over done it. She got an injection of Dexamethosone would you believe...Thats what I take. too funny. And I cant believe it but I am mothering this chook even hose down and cleaned her bottom today, and again tonight and hand feeding her and syringing water into her and giving her lots of tlc. If it was one of the other chooks I wouldn't have worried so much but because its DD little one, I am determined to keep her alive. Strange thing to say but I think I feel like if I can keep her alive, then this last chance has a chance. Strange I know but timing is just wierd I suppose.
I think I needed the good cry.

#52 mitchp

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

Hey all - had my FET this morning. Went on my own (the first time either DP or myself have had a transfer without the other one being there), then I came back to work (which I've never done before). I guess it's a good sign that the embryo even thawed as I wasn't expecting it to! So I am officially in the 2WW for the first time in over 18 months (for myself).

How's everybody else going? Halby - everything is always so up in the air and prominent in our lives relating to IVF. Sorry about your DD's little chook - hopefully the injections will help her original.gif

Good luck to all. x

#53 halby

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Hi Mitchp congrats on the 2ww. Thawing going well for me then transfer is set for Thursday. Ovulated today day 10. Can feel it as I type. Chook is going well, starting to try and walk now so we have pulled her back from the brink and that feels good.

I am feeling really stressed out and I have to say p*ssed of at DH. He is just being a jerk at the moment. I am just putting it down to maybe his way of dealing with the pressure of our last go. And also the fact that men just do things ass about tit, he does my head in. So fingers crossed for Thursday. Depending on whether an arvo or morning transfer will depend on thawing Wednesday night or Thursday morning, so will know on Wednesday afternoon.

#54 minidiamond

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

Mitch best of luck, I really hope this little one brings you the surprise you deserve.

Halby, omg I hear you on the DH thing !  I agree they manage things differently - weirdly ! Grrrrr.  I think I'm also a bit moody, never really noticed it before ovulation, maybe it's just the stress.  Anyway, glad you ovulated and ready to go.

Me, waiting ... Waiting.  E2 was 1800 today, LH 16, surely it'll surge tomorrow ?  Which would probably mean a Sunday transfer.

Hope everyone else is doing ok

#55 mitchp

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

Thanks Halby and Liltuss - please, both of you keep us posted re: your FET - and the very best of luck. You deserve a little bundle of joy (early Christmas surprise).

Hi to the rest of you - hope everybody's doing well and trying to keep their spirits up.

x

#56 minidiamond

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

Wouldn't it be lovely if we had the ultimate Xmas present ??

Finally, we have lift off here, so all being well with thaw, my transfer is Sunday.  Start on drug cocktail Thursday, it's pessaries, prednisone, clexane for me !

Hope everyone is doing okay.

#57 halby

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hey Listuss you are on the same as me. I have been on them fro months, clexane, dexamethosone pessaries and crinone will be added tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for a wonderful day for you Sunday.

Mitchp thanks for your well wishes. Oh I would so love that chrissy present I would want for nothing else. I hope you get yours too.

Afm well ovulation is actually today. I misunderstood the nurse. My e2 had peaked but I did wonder as my lh wasn't that high yet, but when you peak they then allow 2 days for ovulation. Which is today, and to be honest am feeling some pressure down there today, and maybe that has been the cause of my emotional moods. Also my temps have been really low and only started to rise this morning. So anyway, all going well transfer will be Saturday. I will be keeping fingers crossed for thawing and hopefully transfering the most beautiful 2 embryos we have ever seen and then getting my BFP just because I am worthy..........I am putting that out there to the universe and spirits, and basically anyone who will listen......

Edited by halby, 23 November 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#58 minidiamond

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

You are more than worthy halby ! We will all have to swap some 2ww sanity strategies - I know mine will kick off with pre and post acu, then a yummy brekky with DH, followed by a Xmas party on Sunday. So.... that's day 0 sorted !

I have been v moody too halby, coming out of it now though.  And belly pressure yesterday.  Tomorrow I am catching up some girls who I met through the counselling dept of my clinic, it's really nice to have some ppl IRL as well as the fab support here on EB so hopefully that will help lift the mood ahead of FET.  I'm really nervous for this one, have high hopes it will stick and stay sticking.

Hope everyone is well.....

#59 mitchp

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

Hey everyone.

Liltuss and Halby - good luck for transfers - sticky vibes coming your way. This is the first time the three of us have been in the 2WW together - surely that's a good sign??

AFU - DP is giving back to me everything I have given to her 'how do you feel' etc original.gif Considering 'implant' day isn't till day 6 which is this coming Saturday, I feel fine:)

I'm actually trying to not think about it too much. Just focusing on the next 8 days pretty much as I think if it's going to be I should have a 'feeling' by next Thursday when AF is due!

Good luck to all x

#60 librablonde

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

Liltuss, Halby and Mitchp- lots of sticky vibes to you all. And buckets of baby dust.  hheart.gif

#61 mitchp

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

Thanks Libra  bbighug.gif

#62 halby

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

2 out of 3 have survived thawing so fingers crossed that they grow on nicely for tomorrows transfer. Nice to be there at 7am so up at 5.30am for me. Embryology were really busy but I assuming they have already done the assisted hatching. They were meant to call me but I think they forgot. They are pretty busy but I have been running around with my nervous energy, vacuming the car, cleaning the tops of cupboards and fridges waiting. In the end I called the nurse to ask. Thaw results are so nerve racking.

Edited by halby, 25 November 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#63 minidiamond

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

Good luck halby !!!! I'm sure those two will be thriving when you arrive.

Will be thinking of you to tomorrow. Xx

#64 halby

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

HI ladies, well I have 2 embryos onboard so am officially in the 2ww. I had one very busy embryo overnight that went from 7 cells to 11 cells, and the other was 8 cells last night to 8 cells this morning. The embryologist graded them both 2's and she said they were really nice, and I was a bit concerned about the 8 cell, she said they can sometimes take 24 hours to start moving again after freezing. So fingers crossed.

#65 mitchp

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

Good luck Halby - hopefully a Christmas result on the way:)

How is everybody else doing?

AFU - I've started having cramps this morning (feels like period cramps) and a lot of gas (sorry, TMI) and AF is due this coming Thursday. If I get to Friday without AF arriving, I will do a test as we are heading out Friday night so would be nice to know I think before we head out. My head's all a mess. I have been doing ok with it all - quiet chilled for me in fact, but now we're getting into the tail end of the 2WW I'm starting to get really down on myself again:( Oh well, life sux sometimes.

Good luck all.

#66 minidiamond

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

Ooooh, Mitch, hang in there, you're heading into the very toughest part. As your sig says, be strong, and believe in miracles.

Halby, posted over in 2WW but congrats & all the very best.

AFM, one grade 2 hatching embie on board, transfer went very smoothly yesterday, had the tiniest amount of brown-ish discharge, not quite sure what that means, but perhaps just an irritation from the catheter thingy.  As I got up, FS (who is lovely) said "well I've used all my lines on you, so I'll just wish you luck".  I smiled, but it was a reminder that this is my 9th transfer.  Pllllleeeeaaaasse stick !

#67 halby

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

Oh Listuss congratulations it is lovely to transfer a hatching blast. Oh honey and the 9th transfer is tough hey and the FS certainly arn't the only ones to not have anything left to say. I really struggled with names for my embryos this time around, it is hard to find 2 that sound good together.

Oh Mitchp I agree with Listuss it is the toughest part the second week. I'm only 2 days in and am trying to stay positive but it is hard. Just keep telling yourself you can do nothing more and you are more than worthy of a bfp. Fingers are crossed for you

Actually, Fingers and toes are crossed for all of us. Bring on the Christmas with no ham, drinks or soft cheeses.........Dh would be thrilled to have a permenant skipper for the festive season and beyond again.

#68 146 Lucina

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

Very best of luck in your 2ww girls. Lots of sticky vibes heading your way.
From the 4 corners of your EB friends.

Luci... biggrin.gif

#69 zxcvbn

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

Hi girls,

Sorry I've been MIA for a while.. wanted to pop in and say a big good luck to you all this week and next.

Mitchp hang on in there girl- you're well over the worst of the wait so fingers crossed for the next few days.

Halby and Liltuss- hope these ones are the winners, and we can all celebrate a fantastic christmas for you both!

Hello to everyone else too.

Not much news with me, still waiting for AF, but we won't be able to do a cycle before Christmas anyway, so its a couple of cycles of 'natural conception' (or lack thereof) coming up. Only other thing is that my thyroid tests have shown I've got a underactive thyroid and I've started thyroxine. It could be a reason why I've mc'd twice, so, in a way, I'm trying to get my head round this long term problem as a possible benefit rather than the reality that I now have to be on meds for life. Grr.

Hey I've also wanted to ask general opinion/strategies on clexane/aspirin.. do your clinics put you on it on spec (sp?) or only if you are anti-cardiolipin antibody positive? It seems to vary a bit.
I am antibody negative, but its the one thing I haven't been on for my transfers (I've done steroids) and now I have an autoimmune thyroid disorder, I'm wondering whether I should suggest it for future cycles.. I'd love to know what you all have been told at your clinics.

OK team- chin up and good luck to everyone.
xx

PS. forgot to say, as week's of announcements go, this one was a cracker- 1 x new baby visit, 2 x birth emails (including big photo of the c/section), 1 x birth text, 1 x 'don't mention to anyone that I'm 10 weeks preg' (from a close friend who doesn't specifically know my story, but I really didn't need to hear that she was sooo worried she might need IVF as its been 6 months since their wedding etc etc ).
*smiles and carries on*

#70 minidiamond

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

Hi malucky...
thanks for your well wishes & I hope you have a nice natural 'break' -if there's any time to put things on hold, Xmas is a nice time.

I have never really had any distinctive markers on the anti-cardiolipin antibody but FS said I was line ball, so he put me on clexane because it's probably not going to do any harm (in the short term).  So I guess you could say I'm on spec. I have since had two BFPs, albeit m/cs since the clexane started; hard to know whether that helped me get to 7 weeks.  I am also taking prednisone for the first time, with the same theory - a bit on spec.

It sounds like you might've identified something with the thyroid - after reading of some other EBers with thyroid issues (who then got BFP), I actually went back & checked my test results for thyroid after I remembered my Mum had some issues - but I'm all clear.

Sorry to hear about the baby-fest.  I've had a couple announced recently too, although mine tend not to be close friends as I'm a bit old; more colleagues, acquaintances etc etc.  BTW, do people really want to see C section emails ??

All the best hun.x

#71 halby

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

maluckyday, nice to hear from you, and I am looking forward to you having some drinkies for Mitchp, listuss and I to celebrate our BFP's that we will be getting.
As for the clexane and asprin, I am like Listuss and FS doesn't think I need them but after many failed attempts prior to DD we tried it. Also dex. I swear by all or just a couple of them that got me her as I was so sick of hearing how wonderful my embryos were but I couldn't get them to implant. And although it was a miscarriage and a blighted ovum I got that BFP 2 cycles after DD too. My mum has an underactive thyroid and was concerned about mine. Western medicine thinks its ok, but chinese medicine say a little dodgy which is why I am gluten free.
Look I think it certainly cant hurt. I have not done an fet without either of them since DD, and even tried it during my last couple of stim cycles.

#72 mitchp

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

Hey all and thanks for your lovely thoughts. I'm really down today - AF arrived this morning:( So there goes my dream of being a tummy mummy.

Good luck to the rest of you - I'll have a drink for you all x

#73 halby

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

Oh Mitchp I am soooooo sorry. Reading this just broke my heart for you. ivf really sux..............................Big hugs to you

#74 librablonde

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Oh Mitch, I'm so sorry. Truly, I wish I could give you a cuddle right now and take all the pain away. I'm just so sorry.  cry1.gif

#75 indigo~

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hello ladies, may I re-join? Back to square one for me. Things did indeed go pear shaped.  sad.gif

Mitch, I'm so sorry about AF showing up. It's very disappointing. Roll on 2012, I say, because 2011 has sucked.

Halby and liltuss, I really hope things turn out well this time for you both, i have everything crossed for you.

Libra, sorry to read about your latest scare but very good news that things are still ok with bubs.

Malucky, I've not been on clexane but have done one cycle with low dose aspirin. Some FS think it couldn't hurt, but my current one is quite anti it unless there's good reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.