Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

GOLD

#3 Noah's mum

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Silver

#4 Teds

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

Hi all,

I have a question.  I am currently 18 weeks and all going well, touch wood.  I went to run for the train today on my way home and after about three steps, the pain!  I reckon baby bounced off the top of my pelvis and it Hurt!! ohmy.gif 40 minutes later, I could barely walk to the car and I am still sore.  I am not bleeding, thank goodness, but am in some discomfort and really don't want to walk or stand anywhere at all.  

Should I worry?  Is this normal?  I was in some discomfort yesterday, but just figured it was baby growing and stretching everything down there and I felt fine today... until I tried running, that is!

Anyone else able to help put my mind at rest or offer any advice please?

Thanks all  biggrin.gif

#5 hernette

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

bronze

#6 Noah's mum

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

Teds- I'm not sure what the pain is but it sounds really uncomfortable if it still hurts tomorrow I would see your dr...you might have just stretched a muscle or something hope you feel better soon xx

How is everyone else??

#7 Ards

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

teds - i had a cimilar thing happen and the pain went away the next day. Like noahs mum said head to the docs if its there for too long. My general rule is if there is no blood and pain doesnt last more then a few hrs I'm all good - if in doubt call OB. Hope it improves for you.

How is everyone today? I'm plodding along nothing exciting here. Scan next monday can't wait. I loaded a bump pic on my blog and can't wait for it to get bigger as time goes on  biggrin.gif

#8 jediintraining

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Helllo all! All is well here with me and bump. We have our 20 week scan tomorrow and we're hoping to find oout if Im' getting my boy!  biggrin.gif Not that I mind at all if he's a girl - it's just that I'm so sure that he's a boy that if he does turn out to be a she I'll have to get used to the idea.  laughing2.gif  Plus I can't wait to go shopping!

I'm still not feeling any kicking yet, but a lot of little fluttering movements that are getting more pronounced as the days go by. And i'm starting to get the round ligament pain too, so I can sympathise on that one Teds! I haven't tried running, but I did give the 'nut bush' a go at an engagement party 2 weeks ago, and the first time I jumped to turn it brought tears to my eyes! I was in real discomfort there for about 2 hours afterward, but fine the following morning. No more nut bush for me for a while! I really didn't think I was that big yet, but apparently things are more fragile internally than i had realised!

Hope everyone is going well - I will jump in tomorrow after our scan!

Cheers,
Sarah.

#9 Eri123

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Teds - I agree with the others. Always best to get it checked out. I've been getting some pain too, but not enough to stop me wanting to walk. That sounds awful.

Ards & Jedi - good luck with the scans! Mines still 11 sleeps away... Feels like forever! I'll be 21 weeks by then. I can feel the little nugget kicking around a lot though, and it's just lovely!

Hope everyone's well

Eri

#10 Noah's mum

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

hey ladies,

stalking for jediintraining to come back in and let us know how the scan went??

havent got my scan until next thursday so a bit of a wait!! im feeling kicks now i love it!!! hope everyone is going great i know i am apart from being so tired!!

#11 jediintraining

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Well, we had our 20 week scan today and guess what - he's a she!   laughing2.gif I've been so convinced since I had my dream that I was getting a boy, but she's definitely a she! DH and I are thrilled - and I've been out on my lunch break today and bought a couple of beautiful little things from Target to celebrate!

If today's scan is anything to go by, I think she's going to be quite a handful though - first she was lying on her back and wouldn't turn, then when the sonographer poked and prodded enough to get her to turn she turned so that her back was facing, which gave us a great view of her spine, but not the view of the heart that the sonographer wanted! Then after a lot more poking, prodding, and a trip to the bathroom for me, she finally turns over.....and sticks her arm in front of her chest!  roll2.gif I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud at that point, and I could see DH trying to keep a straight face too. I can't help but think we're going to have a real little live wire on our hands if she's already causing trouble and she's not even been born yet! Although she did finally move her arm and let us get a good view of a very healthily beating heart, which was reassuring. I love hearing and seeing that heartbeat!  wub.gif

I hope all is well with everyone and I'll try and jump onto the facebook site tonight.

Cheers - Sarah.

Edited by jediintraining, 28 October 2011 - 02:43 PM.

#12 Gemminat

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

Morning Ladies!!

I have been a bit slack both in here and the FB group!! Just been really busy, but I generally get time everyday to stalk the FB group (just so easy with the app on my phone when I'm on the train on my way home!!).

My 20 week scan is on Wednesday. I'm so excited and a little bit nervous at the same time!! I'm sure that I have been feeling little kicks (as I said in FB if they aren't kicks it's super funky gas pains!!) so I feel that everything is OK, but it just would be nice to see that everything is where is is supposed to be.

Teds - I was the same yesterday, I had some stabby, sharp pains in my lower abdomen on the left hand side. I had a read in what to expect and it said possibly the ligaments stretching, and I think that's what it was. It did really hurt though and I had to sit down. After sitting for about an hour it got a little bit better and today it is pretty much gone. Maybe that's what you had too - but like the other girls have said, make sure you go to the doc if it's still there or you just need some reassurance wink.gif I'm sure everything is just fine.

Hi Sarah - think I said this in the FB group but again, congratulations on your bub being a little girl ppinkstork.gif  babygirl.gif  ppinkstork.gif  babygirl.gif Great news! Haha funny she sounds like she will keep you busy!!

Well, I'm off to lunch for my best friends hubby's birthday... Of all places, off to Hooters. Hold me back... Should be good for a laugh anyway!!

Have a great weekend girls, hope you all have something nice planned
Nat

#13 Noah's mum

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

Good afternoon ladies!!!

Gemminat- lol enjoy hooters!!! Hope you have a ball!! Yay for Wednesday..

Jediintraning- congrats on the little girl...that is so precious!! Great to hear everything is in the right place ect

Well have to wait until Thursday for my scan first thing though which is great so excited can't wait to see 'popcorn' as DH calls it and see whos been kicking me lol!!

Hope you all have a great weekend xx

#14 hernette

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

Congrats, Sarah. I think Hernlet is going to be a lot like your little girl at the scan. Stubbornness runs on both sides! laughing2.gif

#15 Ambrotius

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi All

I had to have two scans last week because the placenta is growing over the cervix. They reckon this is very common and often moves in the last few weeks. Mine is at the back though, and they say there is less chance of it moving.

Has anyone had this before that can tell me the outcome? I am scared sh*tless of having a cesarian, however i suppose a planned cesarian is better than an emergency one after having had to be in labour for several hours...

#16 Teds

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for all your feedback on the pelvic pain.  I went to the doctor and he said bed rest for two days and some panadol would fix it completely. Well, two days later it still hurts to walk any distance at all.  So I spoke to my sister who had pelvic pain all through her pregnancy and she said go to a physio and get a support belt.  And I will be in pain for the rest of my pregnancy, very sorry sis.  Oh, and baby is fine. I swear I felt baby turning over today.  Lots of stretching movements going on there.  And little kicks and flutters.  Awwwwwee....

Good luck to you all going in for scans in the next week or so.  Mine's in a week Tuesday where we will play 'spot the willie' to see what flavour we are having.  Sorry I don't have any advice for you Ambrotius.  Generally though, if the doctors aren't too concerned, that should be a good sign?

#17 flyingkiwi

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one. Had our morphology scan today - 19w2d. I was a bit worried because I've hardly been feeling any movement (blame the anterior placenta) and then I got food poisoning on Friday from some smoked salmon (I know, what was I thinking - I made sure it was hot though!) and spent most of the weekend throwing up.

Anyway, all is good, didn't get very good pics, baby is a bit squirmy. Only concern is a small (1.3mm) hole in the heart, which apparently often will heal on its own. I need another scan in a couple of months to see what's happened, and we'll go from there.

And we didn't find out the sex - was slightly tempted, but we had agreed not to.

#18 Noah's mum

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

Ambrotious- I'm sorry I have no advice either but have herd the same as you regarding that it is common I hope it moves with time and hope you ok :-)

Teds-sorry to hear that it's going to stay but on the upside side at least your feeling movement now it still amazes me everytime I feel a kick!!

Flyingkiwi-ahhh I hate food poisoning or any other sickness that involves vomiting glad it went away though also sorry to hear about the scan I hope it fixes it's self before bubs is born xx

Afm hanging out for Thursday can't wait to see bubs again!!

#19 ferby

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

Teds - Ive been having quiet abit of pain in my pelvis/ tail bone area for nearly 2 months the pregnancy belly belt/ back brace helped at first but now i'm getting further along it doesn't really seem to be helping much they are great for initial pain but i have also been told i'm just going to have to put up with it for the rest of the pregnancy the only thing i can do is constant rest but i'm not willing to give up work fulltime yet sad.gif i hope all goes well for you.

we have our next scan on the 14th of november to find out what we are having i'm hoping a girl since all my dreams have been about a baby girl and also cause my partners family has had 5 generations of only boys being born so it would be great to finally give the family a girl born into the family but we will have happy with what ever it decides to be.

good luck to everyone for the scans coming up original.gif

#20 Ards

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

big hello to all  waves.gif hope everyone is well.  biggrin.gif

#21 Gourmet

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hello all

I've been a bit late to join this time................but how do I get on to the FB group?

#22 Ards

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Gourmet you can PM me and I can add you  biggrin.gif

#23 Noah's mum

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

hey ladies,

geez very quiet in hear would be good if some of us could still be around lol

*shabadoo* congrats on the little girl

hope everyone is well xx

#24 hyperkitty

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Hello All,

I am new here and due on 30th of March, 2012 with baby #1 original.gif
We have just had our 20week scan, she said our baby girl (90-95% chance of a girl lol) is very textbook and that everything looks normal and all measurements are average.

#25 hernette

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Welcome hyperkitty! waves.gif Cool name by the way

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.