Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

DS1 and DD1 22 months
DD1 and DD2 19 months
DD2 and DS2 11 years
DS2 and DS3 14 months
They are now 20, 18, 16, 5 and 4.

#52 my4beautifulboys

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Thanks all for your replies. Its interesting to see all the varied age gaps. Ithink that whatever age gap be it close or further works out well in the end. I think alot of how siblings get along together depends alot on each individuals personality?

reng - Oh gosh I hope that youre ok?, it sounds like youve really been through it. I know its amazing how babies can be so resilient they are certainly very secure in there. I hope that you can take it easy and try and relax abit before youre new little one arrives original.gif

#53 reng

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

Thanks.  It's been a dramatic few weeks.  I'm still very tired, but the cut is healing well.  It's being a bit stretched at the top end now, so is itchy.  Whenever I feel 'down' because I'm tired, I just remember the words of one of my clients.  I'd let them all know that I was in hospital and wouldn't be doing much for a few weeks, and he rang up and said "well, 100 years ago you'd be dead".  biggrin.gif

Back to the topic at hand, I'm the eldest of 4 and when I was 10, the others were 7.5, 4 and a baby.

#54 kadoodle

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

2 yrs 6 months from DD1 to DS1
4 yrs 1 month from DS1 to DD2
2 yrs 9 months from DD2 to DS2

#55 UsPlus3Girls2Boys

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

#1 and #2 - 2 yrs 1 mth exactly
#2 and #3 - 18 mths 9 days
#3 and #4 - there will be  26-27mths(2yrs 3mths).

#56 Luvmy4ferals

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

sorry to hear about your miscarriage bbighug.gif
Our age gaps are

1-2, 18 months, 2-3, 2 years, 3-4, 3 years

#57 *~*mummy*mel*~*

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

27 months between the first 2
16 months between 2 and 3
4 yrs 10 mths between 3 and 4
roughly 14 months between 4 and 5 (just started baking #5)

I enjoyed the bigger gap between 3 and 4 and wanted the same again for 4 and 5 but woops it happened alot sooner.

#58 J4CQUI

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

Between #1 and #2 we had 17mths
Between #2 and #3 we had 3yrs 1mth
Between #3 and #4 we had 21mths.

Our number 4 is almost 3 so we will have at least a 3yr 8mth gap before #5...

#59 me-he-and-3

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

1-2 2y 5m
2-3 4y 3m
3-4 4y 3m

#60 Carmie

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

Ours are 7, 5, 4 and 10mths.

Our age gaps are 22mths, 14mths and 3yrs 2mths. We had an ectopic pregnancy in between our last two.

#61 KristyMum-

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your Little One.

Depending on how you look at it we have 12, 10, 7, 3
but we have a DD2 who was born too early at almost 16 weeks and she was between the 7 and 3 year old.
I guess we can never know would we have had a #5 had she lived etc but...

so that's our age gaps
2 yrs between #1/#2, 3 years between #2/3 and 4 years between #3/#5

#62 CrunchyNut

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

1-2 = 21mths
2-3 = 8.5yrs
3-4 = 3yrs
4-5 = 19mths

15yrs between 1st and last!

#63 Jayden's Mummy

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (my3beautifulboys @ 22/10/2011, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DH and I were excited to find we were pg with baby number 4, But unfortunately it ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks.

We have 3 boys, 6, 4 and 2. My youngest DS would have been 3 when #4 would have arrived, which would have been lovely to have them all near together.

We would love to try again for #4 hopefully in the near future, I think that 4 children is a lovely number.

I would love to hear from mums with 4 or more children and what age gaps you have.

My Mum has 5

#1 and #2 - 2 years 2 weeks apart
#2 and #3 - 5 years 7 months
#3 and #4 - 22 months
4# and #5 - 3 years 11 months

#64 SummerStar

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

We have 4:

DS1 = 13
DS2 = 11
DD1 = 7
DD2 = 3 months

I wouldn't have wanted any more of a gap than that but I love the gap because it means both sons will be out of or almost out of school by the time DD2 goes to school.
We will never have 4 lots of homework I have to help with or 4 lots of uniforms to wash or running around after 4 after school activities. The boys will pretty much be doing their own thing and getting themselves places by then.
Plus with them all at school now, my week day attention is 100% on DD2.

Edited by SummerStar, 16 November 2011 - 06:52 AM.

#65 my4beautifulboys

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

Thankyou all for youre replies.  My 3 children were 4, 2 and newborn and I found it quite difficult at times, as DS1 was quite a challenging child. I will be happier to have a bigger gap between #3 and 4 when we decide to ttc again. I will end up having #3 at kindy and then leave me time with #4 baby at home, which will be nice.

It will probably be a 3 1/2 to 4 year age gap between #3 and 4, all being well.

#66 my4beautifulboys

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hi All, I was just searching throught p/p and discovered this one I sent about 7  months ago. Well very sadly after having a m/c back in October, we managed to conceive in January which was very exciting but very sadly it has ended in another m/c. After having 3 perfectly normal pregnancies and three beautiful boys, i feel very confused?

I would love to have had my children all close together in ages, as my youngest is nearly 3 now. So hopefully we will get things sorted out and start the ttc journey again before too long. So we will probably, all being well - end up with a 4 year gap between #3 and 4, which will also be nice, would have liked it closer - but it wasnt meant to be.

#67 alybel

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

DS1 to DD1 - 18 months
DD1 to DS2 - 3 years (one day less)
DS2 to DD2 - 2 years (3 days less)

#68 alybel

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

I really should have read all the comments but OP so sorry to hear about your second miscarriage. I don't have any answers for you but really hope that if you decide to try again for baby #4 that it all goes smoothly.

#69 my4beautifulboys

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Thanks alybel thats ok, yes I hope so too Id really love to have #4, but will have to see how things go.

#70 muzbilove

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Age gaps between my kids are

#1 & #2 22months
#2 & #3 12 years
#3 & #4 21 months
#4 & #5 will be about 23 1/2 months

12 year age gap due to seperation, divorce, single, meeting and getting remarried

#71 4Littleloves

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

my3beautifulboys so sorry to hear about tour second m/c  ssorry.gif  I do hope you keep going with your ttc journey..I have four... DD7, twins DS's nearly 6 and DD 3 and ttc number #5... this time is taking longer to conceive as last were all very quick..I wish you the best of luck in the future  happy.gif

#72 KristyMum-

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

I am sorry to hear your update my3beautifulboys
So many 'what ifs' and just how unfair it all is and then to happen again...
I'm really sorry sad.gif

wishing you all the best
xo

#73 Charmzy

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear that my3beautifulboys sad.gif

After our 4 in 4.5 years we decided we wanted another 12 month gap, after 10 months trying we miscarried and then took another year to concieve so ended up with a 2y10m gap between 4 and 5, much larger than the 12 months we had hoped for.    We decided again after the 5th to try for a 12 month gap but ended up with 2y3m.  

It really is not fair how things can change so much, I truly hope you are blessed with a 4th child very soon!

#74 ~*Debbie*~

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

my3beautifulboys i am so sorry to hear that.  In all honestly, it doesn't really matter about age gaps, it's the love that children feel and the love the parents have is what matters the most.  

Our 4 children are:

DD - 12 years 1 month
DS1 - 10 years 8 months
DS2 - 7 years 11 months
DS3 - 4 years 2 months

and we are finished, we both look forward to watching them grow and thrive!!

Edited by ~*Debbie*~, 10 April 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#75 lovej

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (seeingstraight @ 22/10/2011, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have 4

ds1 is 4y4m
ds2 is 3y5m
dd1&2 are 18 mths.

All nice and close together!

Snap!

Ours are
DS1 4y4m
DD1 3y2m
DS2&3 19mths

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.