Who is pregnant with child #4,5,6 or more?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
240 replies to this topic

#76 muzbilove

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hi due with 5th in Dec. Current kids ages 17yrs B, 15yrs G, 3yrs G, and 15mth.

Any advise to mum of many, some poeple say we are at higher risk of all sorts of things. I feel that i have been very fortunate with the other 4 does that i'm a little more worried about this one. Isn't any pregnacy a role of the dice or are there things i should be awear of this time round?

#77 Nowfor4

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Thanks guys, hopefully will get the all clear and will wait a cycle and start again.
Congrats muzbilove, all the best for an uneventful pregnancy.

#78 ~my happiness~

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Just popping in to share our news.
Baby #6 on the way!
Forgive me but I don't recognise many faces, probably because I've had my head stuck in the loo for the last 4 months!! Morning sickness has NOT been my friend!
Thankfully it has eased over the last 10 days .....

So far it has been an incredibly stressful pregnancy, hopefully I will find a burst of energy to enjoy this final (and OMG I mean FINAL) baby. original.gif

#79 4Littleloves

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hi again... I posted here a little while ago to say congrats...now I'm happy to say that we are expecting..yep you guessed #5 ...sure is lots of 5's atm  biggrin.gif

congrats to all again on the news of another arrival...I am not looking forward to telling family either...friends etc won't have a prob but not too sure about the fam  sad.gif hopefully they will be as excited as we are...

big hugs to Nowfor4  bbighug.gif m/c are a horrible thing to go through no matter how many babies we have..hope you back real soon xx

now I have to occupy myself till the first scan!! arrrhhhhhhhhhh

#80 Nowfor4

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Congrats 4littleloves on your  BFP.gif ! I was fine, but it has hit me in the last week, just want to be pregnant again. Hope fully next month. I o'd last week so should be here next week and can start trying again!
Myhappiness-Congrats on your  BFP.gif  too, hopefully the run will continue!
Not much else happening, just came into see how everyone was!
Have a great weekend!

#81 ~my happiness~

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Thanks Now for 4.
Goodluck for next month, see you back then!

4 little loves, good luck with telling family. Ours was disastrous. Gosh I should know by now. My MIL said "isn't 5 enough, when are you ever going to stop?" right to my 9 year old!! How F*&^^^ rude!! So I said "don't you mean, congratulations?" She turned beet red, so glad I embarrased her! Cow.
And as for my **** mother, she said , ahum, wait for it, "oh my god, are you keeping it?" so there ya go!!

Needless to say I've been a tad apprehensive about telling ANYONE else, but friends etc., have been very supportive and happy for us.
Hi howls, I've been borderling GD my past two pregnancies at the first test, then when I sat for a fasting test, I passed with flying colours. So I don't have any advice on the GD diet.
I have the most revolting flue/cold thing that I just can't shake, now on my second lot of AB's, nothing is working. Feeling quite miserable about that. But I have my morph scan this week, very excited and looking forward to seeing baby again.
Laura I just saw you in here, congratulations, how are things going for you?

Edited by ~my happiness~, 30 April 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#82 nessrose

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hi ladies,

Haven't been in for quite a while, but just thought i'd share the news of DD5 who arrived on Anzac Day.  

Our gorgeous little girl, Grace Victoria was born at 1.35am, 53.3cm and 3.5kg.

Was a bit of a dramatic birth by emergency CS. After having 3 other vaginal births (even with twins), was not expecting a CS at all. I guess that goes to show that every birth is different.

Anyway, my waters broke at 11pm on Tuesday. We went straight to hospital as there was meconium in the waters. Fluid was greeny brown. The OB decided to do a CS after her heart rate began to drop with each contraction and the meconium was thick. After she was born she had to spend a day and a half in special care as she had trouble breathing and had to go on antibiotics because of the meconium.

We're home now though. She is doing beautifully and her 4 sisters are absolutely thrilled.

I'm so sorry for your loss Nowfor4. Miscarriage is awful. Little Grace was a twin and i'll be forever wondering what might have been. Look after yourself.

#83 ~my happiness~

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Congratuatlions Ness!
A bit scary for a while there, but sounds like you are all safe and well and happily home. Enjoy your babymoon.

#84 4Littleloves

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

thanks my happiness ... yes i haven't told anyone yet..still too chicken! haha.. that is just plain bloody rude from you mother and m.i.l ... I bet you felt like slapping them! Great come back though  biggrin.gif oh and congrats too!!!

Congrats to you ness on your little Grace!! Great you are both home and safe! enjoy another little princess ...

AFM...booked with my ob today ...gosh they are expensive!!! I'm sure I was out of pocket half that amount with my first 7 years ago!

#85 Nowfor4

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Congrats Nessrose on the birth of Grace. Glad everything went well in the end, funny how each birth is so different. Thanks, hopefully we will be preg again this month, just waiting for af to arrive!
Hi to everyone esle!

#86 ~my happiness~

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

4littleloves - good luck with telling your family. Yes I most certainly wanted to slap people with our reactions, but all our real friends have been genuinely happy so it's kind of balanced.
When are you due?  Oh and the obs fees, yes they are a bit nasty aren't they. Because of the medicare capping on obstetrics you don't get back much for management of pregnancy anymore.

My baby is one today! What a year it's been! original.gif

#87 4Littleloves

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (~my happiness~ @ 03/05/2012, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4littleloves - good luck with telling your family. Yes I most certainly wanted to slap people with our reactions, but all our real friends have been genuinely happy so it's kind of balanced.
When are you due?  Oh and the obs fees, yes they are a bit nasty aren't they. Because of the medicare capping on obstetrics you don't get back much for management of pregnancy anymore.

My baby is one today! What a year it's been! original.gif

Thanks..have told my sister and she was great..still no one else yet  unsure.gif I'm due on the 29th December.. original.gif but will go earlier as have 1 x emergency CS and 2 x c/s so will be another I guess prob around the 17th dec? Think I'll have to ask my Ob if I can clean his office or something for a reduction!!!  biggrin.gif

#88 PackedToTheRafters

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi All

Dark Passenger and nessrose congratulations on your new bubs! I know what it is like to have a traumatic birth, I nearly lost my (and bubs) life at my last birth, it was horrible! Took me nearly a year to recover physically and mentally I have blocked it out! Enjoy your new bundles!

I am 21 weeks now and all is on track so far. We found out we are having a little girl and the whole family are so excited. I still can't believe it myself, as I was convinced this one was a boy. Now I am completely stumped on names as Ethan Gabriel won't do anymore! laughing2.gif

I have been working full time, plus uni, and am so exhausted I feel like crying! But I have only one week to go and my placement is over, thank goodness! I plan to put my feet up for a little RnR!

Sorry I don't have much time for personals as I need to hit my bed! I'll pop back in soon!

Belly rubs to all. wub.gif

#89 *~*mummy*mel*~*

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Congrats on the births and BFP's
I am now 32 weeks and totally over being pregnant,pretty sure this will be our last.Aches and pains everywhere and im so tired BUT pregnancy is going fine health wise and bubs is growing very nicely.

#90 ~my happiness~

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

Congrats Dark Passenger, what an awesome birthday Hunter has  wub.gif

4 little loves - ooh a December baby! What a great chrissy present! Yes, I've asked my OB for a loyalty discount $, he just giggled at me, I wasn't joking!

PTTR - ooh you sound tired hun, we must be due around the same time if you're 21 weeks .... that's me this week. I'm sure I will go a tad earlier though as this will be a repeat caesar. I also think we are having a girl although there is nothing to confirm, just a wriggly baby that's not co-operating in that department. I was sooooo sick with m/s this time around, all my research pointed at a girl, so we'll see. In that case we are stumped for names as well. Boys name is sorted, but not a girl......

Had my scan last week and bubby looks awesome, so happy to see "it" on the screen and the sonographer said some nice things. Haven't felt much kicking but now I know why, placenta is very much in front, so just starting to get some little flutters in there wub.gif

We had a party at the weekend and I got nothing but flourishing positive comments, 'well done', congrats, 'supermum' etc., so that was a big boost of confidence. Compared to what rotten things the families have said.

Belly rubs to all x

Edited by ~my happiness~, 07 May 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#91 Immysmummy

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hi,

I've just found out I'm pregnant with baby#9! Pretty excited, bit worried, having a scan in a couple of weeks to make sure that there is only one in there. ohmy.gif Havent told hubby yet, had to tell someone!

#92 mama123

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Congratulations!

#93 mum-of-10

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Congrats again. I'm having #11  biggrin.gif .

#94 Morti

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

Congrats to all Mums of new babies and newly pregnant again Mums too! original.gif

Is it possible to be soooo over being pregnant at only 24 weeks???  And while I'm feeling as big as a whale and fatigued to the point of wishing I could just spend all day in bed, I'm noticing slender, energetic prengnant women bouncing around everywhere!!  Why can't I be like them?  Ah well...

I think I just need a good ol' whinge.  I feel like a total failure as a pregnant woman, if it's possible to be one.  I'm sick to death of people suggesting that I've had such bad morning sickness/fatigue and have put on soooo much weight with this pregnancy because it's my fourth baby. They assume that my body can't cope with so many pregnancies. (Nevermind that I felt just as crappy during my other pregnancies and put on 30kgs in total with my first!!) I suppose it's because those women who do actually have children over here in Spain (many don't ever) usually only have 1 or 2, with only children being the most common thing by far.  The concensus seems to be that it's not natural to have more than 2 kids or something! LOL  Drives me nuts.

I'm only surprised that no one has put forward that my age is contributing to my weight/lethargy/sickness.  (I'm 35.)  But then women over here tend to start families very late, and 35 actually seems quite average of an age to be pregnant.

I suppose everything is relative.

Oh well. Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying their new babies/pregnancies!! *hugs*

Edited by Morti, 13 May 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#95 mum-of-10

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yes morti! It's definitely possible. I'm almost 26 weeks and I feel exactly as you described  sad.gif . I'm also suffering from bad veins in one leg (first time ever even with so many pregnancies) which meAns I'm supposed to wear compression stockings. I feel for women who have vein problems with all their pregnancies.

I really hope you start feeling better soon and just ignore all those judgemental comments, they are just in awe of you  wink.gif .

#96 4Littleloves

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'm one of those mums who suffer from veins  sad.gif not looking forward to them getting worse this pregnancy...will have to have them operated on one day.....

anyway just thought I'd pop in and say that I told family last weekend...as went surprisingly well  biggrin.gif only a few comments from my grandma and that was all really...very happy with my mum and dads reactions.. mum cried (gave them a poem) ..and not one ad comment ... wow!!!!   biggrin.gif    biggrin.gif

oh and my mum crying was in a good way! LOL

#97 MickeyBoo

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi,

Haven't been in for awhile! But thought I'd let you know that #5 arrived last Monday. Cienna Rose was born at 6.07pm after a very quick 30min labour, 7pd14oz at 37w3days so a good size and all very healthy and happy original.gif  The other kids are in love with her and there's been no big upset so far which is nice! I'm really glad that the pregnancy is done with and happy that it was my last one as it all went really smoothly and was a nice final chapter biggrin.gif

#98 ~my happiness~

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

congrats Mickeyboo on the birth of Cienna! What a lovely final chapter for your family!!

hugs Morti and Laura on being "over it" at 24 and 26 weeks!
I'm nearly 23 and not over it, but have certainly noticed my belly getting in the way now and not being able to bend and/or reach when I need to! FINALLY starting to get a few more rumbles and kicks so happy about that.

well done 4 little loves on telling family. Glad your mum had tears of joy for you! I'm going to be like that for my kids when they announce their pregnancies! Nothing but utter happiness for them!

All going fine here, doing lots of sorting and tidying and organising and feeling good for it. Wanted to get it all done so that I don't have to think about it closer towards bubs.

And finally decided on a name too, which is a big deal for me, I'm a planner and like to know these things!!

Belly rubs to all x

Edited by ~my happiness~, 21 May 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#99 mum-of-10

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Congrats mickeyboo! What a sweetie wub.gif . Enjoy the babymoon as it all goes so fast.

#100 *~*mummy*mel*~*

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Congrats mickey boo what a great size bub was.
Had a check up today and at 34+5 bubs is 2/5 engaged wooo but i havnt organised a thing yet so i think i will have a busy weekend doing as much as possible to get things ready.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Video: 10-week-old baby sounds like she says 'I love you'

It’s mixed in amongst garbled baby talk, but this 10-week-old's apparent attempt at telling her parents that she loves them has made her an internet star.

I only enjoyed pregnancy after booking my caesarean

To say I became obsessed is something of an understatement. Everywhere I went I found cause to be reminded of my impending pain.

When your bundle doesn't bring immediate joy

One mum says joy is very a personal feeling and expecting all new mums to feel it in the months after their baby born may do more harm than good.

Lessons learned from my toddler

Blogger Kiran Chug explains why she is going to let her toddler make more decisions for himself.

Family welcomes first baby girl in more than 100 years

The Silverton family has heard the phrase "it's a girl" for the first time in four generations.

When a community of kindness steps in

In future when someone I care for, or even someone I barely know, is experiencing a difficult time, I will not overthink it. I'll follow my heart.

Mum in Business: Jac Bowie

Jac Bowie is the founder of Business in Heels, one of the fastest growing women’s networking events in Australia. She shares her story, including how she juggles work with a young family, and ways to work smarter.

What not to say to a mum of twins

Being a mum of identical twin boys stirs up great interest and fascination. It also opens itself up to nosy, invasive questions, as well as huge assumptions.

The mums suing over unplanned babies

A mother-of-five who calls her two youngest sons "miracle babies" is just one of many mums seeking financial compensation for their children's unplanned conceptions.

Video: Dad sings 'Hallelujah' to his daughter every year

It's a gorgeous song to begin with, but this dad's version of Hallelujah, sung for his young daughter, is especially touching.

Constipation in babies when starting solids

While starting solids can be frustrating and messy (yet also fun!), introducing solids can also play havoc on tiny digestive systems.

Parents reunited with baby snatched from hospital

A mother whose newborn baby was snatched from hospital has spoken of her joy and relief at getting her daughter back.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies - bump selfies - really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind"?

Life on the other side of the fence: Why I'm child-free and quite content

Acknowledging that motherhood isn't a bed of roses – to begrudge lack of time, sleep, money and spontaneity – is sacrilegious and a no-no, especially by mother superior-types.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Vote for a chance to win $5000

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Baby news for Isla and Sacha

Congratulations are in order for Aussie actress Isla Fisher and her husband, Sacha Baron Cohen.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Vote to win

What are your favourite baby products?

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.