Due 1st - 15th Jan, 12 #11

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 Red Cabbage

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

39 weeks today, just awaiting the arrival of our final addition. Although it all seems surreal still. I guess labour will change all that.

#52 luckypumpkin

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Congrats to those of you who have had your little ones already! How exciting. Makes it all seem more real for me.
39 weeks yesterday. Been having some BH's but otherwise main problems are swollen feet & hands, and trouble sleeping at night as I wake up with leg cramps from whichever side I've been lying on.
Bub's head is engaged and could be any time now...but then again could still be 2 weeks away. DH is a school teacher so we've been on holidays together which is great. Trying to have at least one 'outing' each day (even if just to Woolies!) so we're not just sitting around waiting for it to happen. Just watched the BBC UK's 'The Human Body' bit on pregnancy and both burst into tears when she gives birth at the end. Holy smoke that'll be me soon. So excited, so nervous! Waking every day thinking 'is today the day'? I'm sure you all relate.
All the best ladies!!!

#53 .:Natty:.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

Congratulations on all the arrivals girls! So jealous lol, I hate this wait lol.

Dh is now back at work sad.gif so him having time off once she is born will be minimal, so I am moving back home, so if I go into labour I have someone to look after the girls and someone to take me to hospital, as I don't fancy driving down the F3 in labour as my DH works 2 hours away from home.

Surprisingly it is only my SIL that keeps doing the annoying messages :/ given she has just had her third herself I find it odd, as surely she would know how annoying it is. The other day I was a little late to respond to her and she called my parents to see if I was in labour. MIL only calls every so often as she is overseas at the moment, and she just sticks to calling my DH, he got annoyed the other day and said he will message her about any potential news lol.

Lots of cramping here but mainly when I lie down, as soon as I get up they stop, but they go for about ten minutes each time, so this bubs really has me confused, or its just been to long between babies lol.

Luckypumpkin: I remember those feelings so well when its your first, so nervous, watching people give birth and getting a huge amount of emotion, then the "I just want it to be me". Enjoy the free time with your DH whilst you have it as it can be a long time before drinks so to speak.

I also missed the fb group so if there is one I would love someone to pm me the info original.gif (I am on there more then here lol)

#54 PeanutBrown

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

i am on fb all the time i am never here so please let me know the fb group if you want better updates well off to see the ob to find out what is the plan for my week c section or induction wish me luck

#55 A romantic

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hi all

Do you mind if I join this group?  I know its very last minute!  I'm due on 15th January and like all of you I'm waiting and hoping this bub will come out soon!  This is my first baby so not sure what to expect, but its exciting anticipating it!

Peanut Hope your appointment goes well and hope you have that baby soon

Natty Yes we are trying not to tell people any big developments in case they start messaging us and contacting us constantly.  That's why I reckon this group is great!  You can talk to people in the same situation without being harrassed by family and friends.

Lucypumpkin I can relate to a lot of what you are saying.  I'm having BH, cramps and wake up every day thinking (and its DH who says it ' Are you having the baby today?').  Who knows?  Maybe.  I'm excited and nervous too and cry if I see a baby come out on a TV show.

Redcabbage  I know it does all seem a bit surreal, but it'll all change when we have our babies!  My work started back this week after closing over xmas and it feels strange to be sitting around at home instead of at work.  Can't wait for it all to start happening though!

Edited by A romantic, 10 January 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#56 .:Natty:.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

Peanut I hope your appointment went well!

I am appaerntly going on a long walk tomorrow as mum is adament this baby is coming tomorrow :/ hmm we will see lol.

Enjoy the peace and quiet whilst you can girls as its all about to change lol. Oh and sleep lots hehe.

Red Cabbage: Im not sure if my pms are going through, I tried to send another but it didnt work. But the link you sent through doesn't work.

#57 Red Cabbage

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

Anyone keen on joining the FB group, PM me, I'll add you to my facebook and invite you to the group that way. (I think it should work).

As for me, my plug is coming away, and I'm having odd contractions, nothing regular though. So still waiting, but seeing the doctor this morning,  I have 2 days until my due date.

Edited by Red Cabbage, 12 January 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#58 luckypumpkin

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hi ladies,

Just back from a MW appointment. All going fine, nothing new to report, bub still head engaged, good heart rate etc etc. Very thankful for that. Was a bit disturbed that the MW (someone I haven't seen before on any appointments) asked if I'd had a Hep C test, to which I replied I wasn't sure, I've had lots of blood tests along the way.
She checked my files and couldn't find evidence of one, and says it's routine during pregnancy, so wrote me a referral and off I'm going tomorrow to get a blood test. At this late stage! A bit ridiculous if you ask me. I'm going to do it because it's what they recommend, but honestly, I'm about to give birth what good will it do? Just threw me off a bit.Anyway, I know it's no big deal but just a bit frustrating. unsure.gif

The other thing we did was ask about how many days overdue they let you go - answer being 10 days. I REALLY REALLY hope that isn't the case. Come on baby!!! SO ready to meet you! DH is a school teacher and goes back to work at 10 days overdue, so that would be ridiculous timing! ANyway, bub will come when bub is ready I suppose...but going to increase the walks, sex & hot curries to try and spur this child on!!

Any other theories on bringing on labour?!

All the best to you guys... wink.gif

#59 PeanutBrown

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi guys well after my appointment tuesday I started induction of labour by gel at 6pm 10/1/12  after minimal progression at 8 am 11/1/11 my waters were broken and hormone drip was initiated to induce contractions. At 4 pm once contractions were in full swing my epidural failed and I had no pain management and was experiencing contractions ever 2 to 4 minutes a exam was done and found I was only 3.5 cm dilated it was decided to stop the induction after a day of these contractions and Owen Russell Michael Brown was born by c section at 1.25am 12/1/12 a precious boy weighing 7 pound 1 oz and mesuring 45 cm after quite a long ordeal we are both doing well

#60 A romantic

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi everyone

Congratulations to Peanut Brown on the arrival of your baby boy!  Sounds like a long labour, but at least its over now!!

Lucypumpkin  I can't recall a specific Hep C test, but I remember there was some routine blood test around 18? weeks which tested for Hep B and C I thought.  Its annoying to have to get another one done though!  I think there's also acupuncture, chilli and doing lots of activity to bring baby on.

Redcabbage  yes my plug is coming away too, gradually.  We have around the same due date - mine is tommorrow.

AFM  Seriously thought I was going into labour last night.  I had period pain, which I took two panadol for, which didn't go away, then contractions averaging 5 mins, which got stronger, but after going to bed and sleeping for hours, all had stopped and some of my mucus plug had discharged!  I think I'm a bit disappointed actually, it was getting exciting!

HOpe we all have our babies soon!  Best of luck ladies original.gif

#61 .:Natty:.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

Argh Still waiting, no sign of plug no nothing!! S&S did nothing and apparently my cervix was barely open, so I go back wednesday for another S&S, fingers crossed I go into labour before then because it wasn't very pleasent sad.gif Acording to my dates Im now 4 days over, but the hospital has me as 1 day, so frustrating lol.

Congratulations Peanut Brown, mum wanted me to have bubs that day as she liked the date hehe. But I hope you are recovering well and Owen is giving you lots of gorgeous newborn moments!

RedCabbage: I have just put through the friend request, but hopefully you are off having a baby to respond original.gif

Lucypumpkin: I think all those tests got done at my first drs appointment she just sends off for everything then :/ but it would be the last thing I would feel like doing now.

A romantic its annoying isn't it I have been having cramps on and off and think yay finally, but nope. The morning of my S&S I was sure I would have atleast heard my mw say it will be soon sad.gif. But loosing your plug is a good sign, so I hope it happens very soon for you.

Im off to break up a domestic between my two eldest, we have been living with my parents, since DH has gone back to work and after a week I think they are finally starting to miss the normality of home and their own things. They have even been walking up to me and telling the baby to come out lol.

#62 Red Cabbage

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Natty - I added you, let me know if it worked.

Here's my rough birth story - Lawson Roy (8lb1oz) 15/01/12 9:29pm

We were booked in for induction first thing Monday morning, of course, we were also advised to avoid the hospital Sunday afternoon as the doctor would not be in town, and we'd be sent to Perth from Northam, never ideal when you usually give birth after a 2 hour labour.

Sunday afternoon kicked around, and I attempted to hide some contractions which weren't real strong, but WERE regular. My mum finally did tell Jethro (DH) and he insisted we get to hospital, I didn't tell him that they were 2 mins apart when we left home. I just didn't really feel they were strong enough to 'mean' anything, and made jokes all the way that we were going to be sent home, and that if I HAD to go to hospital he should get me maccas on the way. I even managed to curb my language regarding every single pot hole he managed to hit in the 45 minute drive.

We got there (7pm), and after about 30 mins of arriving, they actually did start getting stronger, I think I finally started to believe that we might be having a baby that night. It was around the same time that contractions started getting stronger that we learnt Travis (16yo son) had landed safely in Sydney for his Camp Quality camp, but was missing his luggage, I managed to concentrate on the unfairness of that for about 45 minutes, losing any connections with contractions at all.This was a good distraction. But Poor Travis. I wanted to cry for him.

So, we started getting worried as the contractions were about a minute apart and quite strong, was this dithering old lady calling us "poppets' going to be strong enough to catch our baby? She kept apologising as she placed a bung into my hand, dropped all the little pieces of tubes and taps constantly and I'm sure by the end of it, the drip didn't even work, but I allowed her to place a bandage over it to make her feel better.

We were thanking the miracle workers who then placed into our room, an amazing midwife who helped me through a FAST labour with minimal fuss (ok that might be wishful thinking). But she was awesome, and accomodated my many wishes, including my demand that I WAS NOT LAYING DOWN. She was great! I moved around a fair bit this labour, and was kneeling over the back of the bed when my waters burst all over the room. Yep, lucky no one was in the way, it resembled a tsunami. I felt the urge to push right after that, and right then, the bed snapped in half, my legs had no where to 'grab' onto, and baby Lawson was stuck with his head out, and not moving further. He slowly turned blue and our wonderful midwife had to make executive decisions. My legs were forced backwards by Jethro and a nurse to give him room to make his way out at 9:29pm.

Lawson was placed onto my chest while Jethro cut the cord, and was just as quickly whisked away to the big baby machine to be warmed and be placed onto oxygen. Slowly he pinked up, and was given the all clear to come back to be to nursed skin to skin. THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER.

Not long after, the doctor returned from his party and stumbled into the room original.gif Such a lovely old man. So cheery and happy. Bless.

#63 A romantic

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hi all

Red cabbage congratulations on the birth of your baby boy.  Its a nice story, you sounded quite relaxed going to hospital and a fast labour wow!

There's been no action in here for the last few days and I was hoping that some people were having babies!!

Natty hope you are having your baby now, if not hope you're managing the wait ok.

AFM  had chilli pizza for lunch yesterday to hurry on baby.  I felt really sick afterwards and worried baby was ok from it.  It didn't bring labour on so I wouldn't recommend it.  Lost my mucus plug in 2 big bits yesterday so glad that has happened!  Having some contractions now, but am so sick of BH feel like going to bed and seeing if it is the real thing.  Tired from last night with contractions and toilet trips etc.  I get induced on Monday night anyway, so realistically only about 72 hours to go anyway.

Hopefully will be posting and hearing of more baby stories soon!!! bbluestork.gif  bbabyflip.gif  original.gif

#64 luckypumpkin

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

It's a girl !!!!!! Rachel Rae Davidson was born Saturday 14th January at 4:28am. Weight 3.45kgs, height 51cm. She has lots of hair, chubby cheeks & do far is happy to sleep, poo & feed feed feed!

Labour was faster than expected with waters breaking in a slow leak & contractions all in my lower back & never my stomach. All a bit unexpected as a first timer. With a wonderful midwife & DH I managed a fully natural labour which I'm very thankful for, and all the pain was worth it to have a healthy bub. So thankful!

Congrats to all of you who have had bubs now & hoping you can all snatch enough sleep to be sane enough to enjoy the little ones!

#65 Red Cabbage

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

A romantic - I lost my plug over 4 days before labour began. So hoping soon for you.

Congrats luckypumpkin and welcome Rachael.

#66 key4

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Congrats on all the new arrivals original.gif Will write more later hopefully

#67 .:Natty:.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

Well my over due big little princess is finally here!!

Haylee Evelyn 22/01, 4.125kg 52cm

I had my second sweep on the wednesday, which hurt like buggery as the midwife also turned her from posterior in the hopes it would help bring on labour. My induction date was also set for the 23rd.

So back to my mums house to wait it out and wait it out lol, started loosing my plug on friday night and into saturday. Hubby decided we should go shopping (he gets bored at my parents). Later on my brother dropped my neice off to be babysat, we knew that would bring on labour for sure lol.

Saturday night I had just managed to fall asleep when I woke up with my waters breaking, at this point I had no clue what to do next despite Haylee being number three my waters had always broken just before 2nd stage. I did notice she did her meconium in the sack (thanks number one for showing me what that looks like). At this point I hadn't had one contraction, so I phoned the midwife to see what she wanted me to do, but she wanted me up there straight away due to the meconium. So we left at about midnight - wow there were some crazy drivers on the road on a saturday night :/.

Once we got to the hospital I still wasn't contracting, so the registrar decided they would need to induce me. About 3.30am I was finally hooked up to the drip (after a few failed attempts). At that point I still wasn't even dilated, but within the space of half an hour my contractions had started nice and fast and every 2 mins, 10mins later I was having one pretty much constantly with no break in between.

By that stage I wanted to push and literally had to demand to birth on all fours (found this the easiest way after my second lol). I was also about to hit the midwife who was moving so slowly to move the drip around the other side of the bed, the time it took her I had to push twice whilst laying on my side (horrible feeling). After her stuffing me around I then did a few more pushes before the midwife pulled Haylee out as she decided she would add to the drama and have her cord around her neck. So after a quick 1 hour 10mins she was finally here (didn't even get a puff on the gas).

Hubby didn't get to cut the cord sad.gif as the pead pretty much wanted her looked at straight away.

So far she has been a little angel, though now I am finally home (from my parents) I'm sure she will finally wake up from the sleepy newborn stage. Just in time for me to be doing it all on my own with three girls from monday - eek.

Red Cabbage, I don't think I got a notification for the group

#68 MooMooMum

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi ladies, please PM me if you would like to be added to the facebook group as we all mostly hang out there.

It is a completely private group and the posts can only be viewed by the members.

Amanda

#69 A romantic

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hi all

I've been meaning to post for the last few days.

Well my baby boy Baxter was born at 9pm on Sat 21/1.  

I started labour on Saturday morning around 10:30, with contractions every 10 mins on the dot which were a lot more painful than the BH I was used to.  Kept wanting it to be labour and continue.  By 12pm, they were approx 4-5 mins apart and strong enough for me not to be able to talk through them.  Went to the hospital at 2pm, where they checked my waters - they had broken through a hind leak the night before.  I wasn't sure whether it was discharge or waters.  Was 4 cm dilated so stayed in hospital.  Yay! Did not want to go home at this point.

4 hours later they checked my dilation and was 10cm dilated yay!  DH had been massaging my back through every contraction, couldn't have done it without him.  Also I felt I was fully dilated as I noticed pains moved from lower back to my bottom.  Was then trying to push with midwife saying to me wait.  This happened a few times before my midwife finally let me push.  Obstetrician then arrived finally.  After almost 2 hours of pushing my baby was born.  I found pushing the worst, but all worth it in the end.

Congratulations Lucypumpkin on your baby girl and I like the name too.  Sounds like a fast labour.

Natty, congratulations on Haylee Evelyn.  Lovely name too.  Wow your labour sounded very full on with fast progression!

Hope everyone is enjoying their babies and resting themselves too original.gif

#70 PeanutBrown

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

yay all these lovely babys now here i am so happy that we have finally got our little newborns in our arms

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.