New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Luvbngamum

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

Hi Girls,
YAY.....Gold for me,

Memmie:  Glad to hear from you.  mmm..It is strange but I thought number 4 was it, it took ages for me to work up the courage to go for number 5 and most of the ladies here know how emotional and confused I was about this pg in the beginning.  It comes as a shock that despite the complications I am now not in a hurry to have it over and done with.  I know this little one will be our last, I know that I will feel at peace with that but what is confusing is that I was so glad that I was never going to do this again, have spent the largest part of this pg wishing it was over and now I am actually a little sad that it almost is.  I will definitely be glad to have the constant loo visits over, glad to feel lighter and able to get on the floor and play with DS again and glad to not feel so tired but, the thought that i will never feel the little kicks and wriggles inside again makes me a bit sad.  I was so happy when DH got his appt. to have the snip, did a dance and could not stop smiling.  Now I am not so sure I am ready for it to be so final.  What has changed?  I am not sure.  I think I just like the idea of knowing that I could have a baby again even if I don't plan on having another.  Hope that makes sense.  Hope your ttc journey is going ok or will go ok when you start.

Bettymm:  I am glad that you too understand what I was saying.  Helps to know I am not crazy. People who tell you that because of your hg, you were not made for pg are actually very wrong.  HG is thought to be caused by high hormone levels and our bodys reaction to those hormones.  There are not too many women who have hg who have a mc unless there is another more serious underlying health issue.  My Mum never had a sick day in all of her pg but suffered from multiple miscarriages.  She stresses about me so much when I am pg, because of the hg.  She told my ob that she thought i was craxy for going through this again because of the hg and how bad it was for my health.  He said that the hg was actually a sign of a healthy pg.  The hormone levels are often much higher meaning the pg is more established and hg also serves the purpose of ensuring the pg mother does not put anything into her body that can harm the foetus.

serenzy:  So glad to hear from you, I have been wondering how you are getting on.  SO glad that little molly is behaving.  I am glad that you are enjoying eating again.  Glad that you have reached that peace of mind that molly is your last.  I know that once that baby moon thing wears off i will find that peace too.  I am so blessed to have the children I have when some people are unable to have any at all.  

Kellyz;  Congrats on reaching 20 weeks, time will fly from now on, it seemed to take ages for time to pass in the firs 20 but it is flying for me now.  Enjoy your scan.

JA;  I really hope ttc comes easy this time around and praying for a sticky baby for you.  I really relate to you as our families are so similar.   xx

AFM:  other than the crazy change in emotions and feelings things are ok.  Getting so heavy now.  Contractions are gone, normal braxton hicks only.  I have had severe back pain.  When baby DS was born he came so quickly that he pushed my coccyx and instead of bending inward it now bends outward, also had a fracture in one of the bones.  It took ages for it to heal but now the weight is causing it to hurt again so plan to see a physio about that,  Another huge problem is the WARNING TMI: hemorrhoids.  Never had them before but this time Gosh they hurt.  Not sure why i got them this time as have not been as constipated this time as was in previous pg.  Not only are they painful but they make it hard to clean down there.  Have to use a mirror to make sure it is all clean.  Have a donut cushion, wipes and 2 creams to put on but gee they are driving me mad.  It takes ages to go to the loo and is very embarrassing. The things we go through......Have a scan tomorrow to check the placenta, will be nice to see our little lady again.

Love to all xx

#3 Kellzz

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

SILVER....

#4 Kellzz

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

hi ladies...

a quick question, what did you use for constipation. at the moment im taking coloxyl and im still waiting to pass a bowel movement....sorry for tmi.

kelly

#5 Suzewantstwo

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

Kellzz - movicol.  you can get it in sachets from the chemist.  It's good stuff.

#6 MrsNorthman

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

Kellz zofran and maxalon "bung" me up too...lol!  Doctor said glycerol suppositories...

Girls have had a pretty good HG day...only 1 8mg zofran taken over two halves...

then I get nervous that something is wrong...then I think shutup and be grateful...sigh...

#7 bettymm

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

then I get nervous that something is wrong

lol.  i used to do the same too!  i think its pretty common to have a few good days and a few bad days too.  Mine really started getting better this time after 16 weeks, like, you said..when the placenta really starts to take over.  Ater that , had a few off days and random spews every now and then and now at 21 weeks pretty much back to normal.

Kellz,  zofran combined with a terrible diet in the worst of my HG with pretty much no fruit or vegetables being consumed i was terribly constipated sad.gif  i took Nulax..its  afruit laxative available at the chemist.  I took less than the recommended dosage and it worked for me  wink.gif

Luvbngamum
, hope the scan goes well and placenta is up and out of the way!  Hope the roids clear up soon, they are no fun at all.  I had a small one this pregnancy and also after my last labour too.  It is a bit embarrasiing.. i made DH go to the chemist to get the cream for it  ph34r.gif  lol.

AFM..had my 20 week scan today, all looking perfect original.gif  was lovely to see little bubs moving about and to see that it has all parts in working order!  always a relief.  due date been brought forward again! only by 3 days tho..  baby is growing very well.

have a good night all

Edited by bettymm, 08 August 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#8 Luvbngamum

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

bettymm: It is great that the scan went well and yay for having 3 days taken off your EDD, If i remember correctly you had 3 days taken off earlier too.  I usually add 10 days to mine because my babies seem to go over.  If i add time then i do not get disappointed if they are late and get a surprise if they are early, only DS1 actually surprised me by coming early though.

kellzz; I used the Nulax too and it seemed to work well for me.  Have not had any real issues with constipation this pg.

mrsnorthman: Great to hear you had a reasonable day.  It is understandable that you would worry about something being wrong because the hg eases up for a day or so.  I have felt the dame way.  This pg I was really sick and then at 9 weeks I had a few days where it was almost gone and i began to think that maybe i had miscarried, it tricked me.  The peak hit and from 10-14 weeks it was horrid, the 13th week DH even took long service leave to look after me.  I think that is one of the most frustrating things in dealing with hg, you never know when or if it is going to ease up and then if you are lucky enough to be free of it for a while you never know if it is going to come back.  I still have days when i feel nauseated and panic because i think it is about to strike full force again.  Hope your good days begin to become more frequent.

AFM: Had scan today, it was lovely, the tech, was very friendly and spent a long time looking at bubs and taking photos.  Everything is great, placenta is now clear of cervix so should be no problems having a natural birth, yay.  Baby is about 4lb now.  Might be the smallest one yet if she is not too late or does not fatten up too much between now and then.  All of ours have been around the 9lb mark, DD2 was 10lb10oz so not counting on a small one.  Got some 3d photos and i can tell she will look like the other kids already,  We are booked in to have the proper 3d scan done in 2 weeks, had them done with babyDS and they were amazing.  It costs $200 but i have been saving for it so hopefully she does not arrive before then.  oh well must go and have my bath, apparently a hot bath followed by a quick cold dip down below helps get rid of the hemorrhoids so am going to give it a go.  They are driving me nuts and bettymm, you are right they are so embarrassing.  I do not want them to be there when i go into labour so will try anything to get rid of them.
xx

#9 Nicole7

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Love reading what everyone's said about HG pregnancies being healthy pregnancies. My MIL had lots of miscarriages and both her kids were born premature and with complications and she's always saying offensive things to me about my pregnancy. I'd love to turn around and say "at least my babies are healthy", but of course I never would. Has gotten to the point where I've asked DH not to leave me alone with her (she won't say anything in front of him).

Serenzy - glad Molly is a good bub original.gif

Luvbngamum - Glad the contractions have stopped, and the scan went well. I know what you mean about wanting another baby - even during the worst of the nausea during my first pregnancy people would say "so I guess you're only having one, then" and I'd smile and nod but be thinking "yeah, I'm having two". Not clucky at all during this pregnancy, though. Hope the hemorrhoids clear up - sounds awful!

Bettymm - you're over halfway there! Must be a relief to have had your scan and know that everything's ok original.gif

AFM - doing quite well at the moment, but so, so tired. And still taking zofran and maxolon (probably why I'm always tired).

#10 bettymm

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

Luvbngamum
Yay! so glad placenta out of the way and you can aim for a natural delivery..im guessing this will be a very quick one knowing your history!

Nicole, im not sure about tiredness and zofran..i was very tired when i was taking it  but also was hardly eating and being sick alot..hard to tell which causes which! and im not sure about the effects of maxalon.  Could you cut down on the maxalon dose and see how you go?

AFM  ..  had a terrible fright last night, had gone hours into a deep deep sleep on my right side,  i woke up and went to turn over too quickly and my god..the pain..it felt muscular, or ligaments stretching kind of pain , i screamed out and woke up DH who was worried sick!  i kinda knew it was jus muscular though, as had no cramping or any internal kind of pain.  Seems fine today.  Probably lifted up my 15 kg lil missy too much yesterday.  Rang the midwives and they said to make sure i change positions slowly and to stop lifting up DD.  I find this very hard as she still needs help getting on and off the loo, in and out of the car etc.  some times i just have to!

anwyay, im off to work today , better go
take care everyone

Edited by bettymm, 09 August 2011 - 10:37 AM.

#11 Kellzz

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:03 PM

thanks everyone for your suggestions, i believe once i have done a movement i may feel a little better.

#12 Kellzz

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

went had ultrasound today...all went well, but we still dont know what we are having as bub crossed their legs and stayed like that...lol

#13 Nicole7

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

Bettymm - I hope that pain doesn't come back. How frightening! I love the advice to stop lifting your daughter - not very practical in reality.

Kellz - glad your ultrasound went OK.

AFM - been pretty sick the past couple of mornings. Vomiting seems to get so much more painful and draining the more pregnant I get. DD has caught a cold and so can't go into daycare tomorrow. She's not that sick, though - in good spirits but very snotty.

#14 bettymm

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

Nicole, hope your DD is better soon!! hope you dont catch it..nothing worse than vomiting and having a cold.  

Yes, the advice to not lift up my 2 yr old is not very practical at all!  had to giggle to myself about it yesterday when she threw herself on the floor of gloria jeans because i wouldnt buy her a bickie..(she was very tired)  had to just lift her up and carry her out and then strap her into the stroller.  Yup.. not helping the ligaments at all!  i was just imagining everyone looking at me thinking "that poor pregnant woman having ANOTHER one of those"  hahaha!  lucky she doesnt carry on like that very often.

Kellz, glad to hear the ultra sound went well!  sorry the bubs was not obliging in finding out the sex!  we didnt want to know, but the technician said she was quite sure what sex he/she is.  

Hope everyone has a good day today

#15 Luvbngamum

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hi everyone,

bettymm: Ow that sounds painful, the aches and pains that go with pg sure do drive you nuts.  i had the same advice re picking up baby DS after I had those contractions.  It sounds good in theory but just is not practical.  The more I encouraged him to not need me, the more he wanted to be picked up and carried.

Nicole7: I am so sorry that you are feeling yuk, it is not nice when hg goes on into the later half of pg.  I hope your DD is ok and her cold does not cause too much stress for you or her.

kellzz; I hope that movement has happened down below wink.gif I hate the feeling you get when constipated.  Glad the ultrasound went well, cheeky little baby crossing his/her legs.

AFM;  Still have this damn hemorrhoid that is driving me mad.  Feeling so tired as can not sleep with the pain of it, taking panadol at night only and have cream that is meant to numb it but only does for an hour max.  Gosh i wish it would go away...Think it is getting bigger.  Why is it that just when you get over one problem another pops up.  Why cant I be one of those women who have a hassle free pg? Oh well i know she will be worth all of this and more.  Oh, i brought her ''special going home outfit' from pumpkin patch yesterday.  A little white dress, a cardigan that is white with crochet pink edging and flowers, some tiny silver ballet shoes and little pink frilly socks.  My DH died when the girl at the checkout told him it was $110.  I usually only buy stuff when he is not around to see how much i have spent, he went on for ages about how it cost more for her tiny dress than it does for him to buy his clothes.  I know he is right but it was just so cute........Hope you are all having a wonderful day, sending anti spew vibes your way xx

#16 spinninggirl

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

Luvbngamum that outfit sounds so cute! That hemorrhoid sounds terrible, gosh we really do go through a lot for these little people hey. I think $110 is a small price to pay for a little bit of motivation considering you're staying awake all night with a sore bum! Not to mention all that's come before it, and all that's still to come. (Mind you, childbirth is a million times preferable to HG in my book)

Betty that ligament pain sounds like something I had last week - I rolled over in bed and felt something pull. I screamed and clutched my stomach, DH nearly had a fit! I hope yours is easing up - I hear you on the unrealistic expectation that you can be a mum with a little one and not lift them - yeah right! My (not so little) 3.5 year old DD is a big girl, almost 20kg. But she's so unco-ordinated! She's grown tall very fast and her little muscles aren't strong enough to deal with all the extra arms and legs that she's got - watching her trying to climb up into our car is just pitiful, I can't help myself from lifting her a little.

Kellz - good news that your ultrasound went well. Sounds like baby has decided to keep a little surprise in store for you later by hiding its 'bits'!

AFM - well I thought things were easing but I got excited too soon. Have been feeling rotten this week, back to my routine of morning and evening spews. All I feel like eating at the moment is hot chips and oranges - at least the oranges are helping out with the Zofran constipation a bit. Gosh I'd have the serious runs if it weren't for the Zofran though!

I'm battling with work - this morning I set DD up on the couch with some brekkie and a blanket and turned on ABC2 then went back to bed. I didn't get to work until 11.30  ohmy.gif  (my normal start time is 8.30). I'm counting down the days till I finish - it's exactly 40 days now. So, 40 more mornings of struggling to find an outfit. 40 more mornings of fighting with DD to get her ready for childcare. 40 more mornings of trying not to be sick while I put on my make-up. 40 more lunch-times of going for a drive so I don't have to smell all the stinky things people bring in for lunch. You get the picture - I hate working at the moment!

#17 Nicole7

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

Luvbngamum - That hemorrhoid sounds awful! Ouch! The outfit you bought for the new bubba sounds gorgeous.

Bettymm - Love the tantrums! It's funny how they can be so resilient most of the time, but the second they're tired they have meltdowns over biscuits. As for people looking at you, the only time I judge is when a parent gives in to a tantrum, so you did well. How is the pain going?

Spinninggirl - Reading your post made me so glad I'm not working this pregnancy. I quite often switch the TV on for DD and have a nap on the couch - poor kid. And I always swore I'd never use the TV as a babysitter original.gif I hope those 40 days go quickly for you.

AFM - Had an awful day yesterday - made DH stay home from work and stayed in bed until 12. Feeling much better today. Had my glucose test this morning so had to be at the pathology place at 8am with an empty stomach. Luckily I wasn't too nauseous and managed to keep the drink down. DD was amazing and played quietly with colouring books and stickers for the two hours. I was so proud of her. Her cold isn't too bad - just lots of snot, but she's not grumpy or anything. I did some serious tidying up this afternoon - very proud of myself. The house is still a tip, but a usually messy corner is now immaculate.

#18 Starrydawn

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

Lvngbeingmum wash your mouth lol this is it for me. I couldn't do it again to myself or the poor family who looked after me. For the hemmoroids get witchhazel from health shop and put it on baby wipes and jack it up there even leave overnight. I had them and  bloody painful.

Nicole I would drop maxalon and  stick to zofran should be less tired then. As for constipation I had it really bad nothing worked had to go hospital for enemas. In end I manually had to remove each time.
Gross I know.

Bettymmm hope your over the hard part

Spinning.hang in there home stretch now.

Please excuse errors using my phone

#19 bettymm

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi ladies
hope you are all going ok

just a have a quick question, am 22 weeks now and for the last few days have been getting a fair bit of really watery discharge (sorry if tmi)

went into the birth suite after ringing the midwives and she checked all the vitals and had a look at the pad i had on and said it doesnt smell/look like amniotic fluid and she wasnt too concerned. she said just to keep an eye on it.  im just wondering if its common do you think to have an increases in discharge around this stage and for it to be quite  abit thinnner than normal?

ive had the thick.mucousy discharge before but never like this.

its just worrying me and id like to know if anyone else has experienced it?

thanks

#20 MrsNorthman

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

Aah the joys of lady lotion...mine changes from thicker in the earlier part to thin like water for the rest of the pregnancy.

Just quickly for me - have had 2 days MED FREE!  Shhh we don't want to awaken the beast but omg such a relief...even got to go to the toilet and do no.2's - I know some of you will understand how good that is...

#21 Kellzz

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

waves.gif ladies

since i was here last i have had some movement but not as much as i hoped for....well at least its a start.

tomorrow im off to see the Ob for the first time in this pregnancy..woohoo...ill now feel its more real and its really happening.

i have also started to eat abit more...pies are still the flavour of the day but now im getting some veges into me as well. i still need to take a zofran once a day...twice if i think im having a bad one.

hope everyone else is well

#22 ~Beck~

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

hello, I hope you don't mind me barging into this group... I was given a link in my post on the venting board http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...;#entry13604981

My name is Beck and I am 14weeks 4 days pregnant with my 4th child (8th pregnancy), 2nd pregnancy with hg. I feel awful 24/7, and nothing makes it any better. I have really needed to be able to find others who can relate, because I am at the point if someone tells me how lucky I am to be pregnant and feeling this crap I think I will scream.

It is good to know I am not the only one who is constipated with haemerroids! they bloody hurt! (gosh probably too much for my first post lol)

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all. What we are going through is terrible, but at least we can support one another.

Beck xo

#23 bettymm

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:53 PM

Mrs. Northman, thanks for the reassurance re.  discharge!  i am fairly certain it is just discharge and not amniotic fluid, but ive never seen so much and it be so watery before! should have kept a diary last pregnancy as i have forgottens so many things.

Kellz, glad to hear you are managing a bit more food!  once you start eating more fruit and veggies the bowels will thank you for it wink.gif

hi Beck
im so sorry to read what youve been going through , its bloody awful isnt it??
please stay in touch with us here..we have all either gone through it and come out the other side or are currently still battling it, we totally understand.

Are you currently taking zofran? not helping much?
My HG started to really improve this pregnancy after 16 weeks or so. Stopped Zofran around 18 weeks.  A little earlier than last pregnancy i was on it till 22 weeks or so.  Up until then though its so hard to look after myself, let alone 3 other children as well! I struggled big time looking after my 2 yr old.  It just completely drains you of energy and life sad.gif

I hope yours starts improving soon
bbighug.gif

#24 ~Beck~

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

Hi Bettymm. Thanks for the welcome original.gif

I am on zofran, but it's not doing much. Having said that I ran out and am waiting for my DH to get me some tomorrow, and have been considerably worse today and yesterday, so maybe it has been helping just a little.

My last pregnancy with HG I was well again at just over 14 weeks, so I had some illusion that it would be like that this time.. especially since the sickness started a lot earlier. But no, it's still kicking on.

I am so emotional about it all, and stressing about work. I work in a preschool so it is really demanding work, I can't physically handle it at this stage... while my employers are understanding, I am not sure how long that will go for. I miss working too, and feel like I am letting them all down. Coupled with the mother/wife guilt, I am a blubbering mess. My poor DH is so very patient and tolerant.

For those of you who are working, how do you cope? are your employers understanding of your reason to not work?

#25 Feral_Pooks

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

Hi all. Been a while since posted on this forum, I've been stalking but just somehow can't contribute. I am 11 weeks and just not coping at all. I've been on personal leave from work for about 6 weeks now! I am now considering just resigning altogether, because either way is a disaster financially and I feel guilty and just want to stop worrying about it.

I think I am starting to get depressed now, and just sometimes think the nausea meds are doing nothing but causing constipation. I have this gross indigestion all the time and don't know how to stop it. Gaviscon is impossible. I am getting hard for my loved ones to keep caring for, I know they are just getting sick of me. Sometimes I have days on end where I don't sick up, but just feel nonstop nauseous, and get little sympathy coz I'm not visibly sick. I am tired all the time. I just can't see this ever getting better and think I will be pregnant and sick forever.

Sorry for the woe is me rant but I just needed sympathetic ears and haven't had a cry for a few days.

All the best everyone, you are an inspiration for me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Pregnant Alicia Keys nude for a cause

"People won?t be able to ignore this visual," says a pregnant Alicia Keys, who has posed naked for a charitable campaign.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.