Location Melbourne
Age 30
Other details: DS 4 ds 3 m/mc June 2010

GreenGrass
Due: 5th July 2011 Baby #1 for us
Other details: DH & 2 Fur babies

Kuta1998
Due: 11 July
Other details: 1 DS; 2 Angel Babies. Graves Disease followed by total thyroidectomy

Louellala
Due: 12 July
Other Details: MC July 2010 @ 7 weeks

jmh077
Due date: 20th July
Other Details: baby number 1 due

Mum2KandCandI
Due date: 28th July
Other details: have 3 babies, had one miscarriage at 5 weeks in July 2010

~~~AUGUST 2011~~~

Tygrays
Due Date: 8 August
Other details: 4 earth babies, 8 angel babies (inc 2 missed m/c)

Jen42
Due Date: 11 August  babyboy.gif
Other details: 2 MCs, baby number 2 on the way to join DS

MONA
Due Date: 15 August  (girl)
Other details: 2 missed m/c 2010, #2 on the way!! DD is 8 & can√Ę‚‚¨‚„Ęt wait to be a big sister!

~~~SEPTEMBER 2011~~~

Mamabug
Due: 1 September
Other details: DD 5 (IVF/ICSI), DS 4, DD 2. Three early mc/chem pg

Mandysam
Due: 29 September
Other Details: 2 boys aged 7 and 4 and sadly lost our last baby at 13 wks last May

~~~OCTOBER 2011~~~

*~*ME*~*
Due date:13th October
Other Details:

EvaFaithful
Due Date: 15th October 2011
Other details: Still hoping for healthy bub number 1

petalsjk
EDD: 15th October 2011

Kate-Ko
Due date: 26 October
Other details: MC November 2010 at 10.5 weeks

kitty*kat
Due Date: 27 October 2011
Other Details: - 2 m/c's Aug/nov 09 and 1 missed m/c april 10; PCOS

~~~DECEMBER 2011~~~

Bigmum
Due Date: 11 December 2011
Other details: dd6 & dd 4 ( ds3 in our hearts)

~~~JANUARY 2012~~~

Michelle 120733
Due Date: 2 January 2012
Other details: one gorgeous 3.5 DS and 3 mc (6 weeks, 7 weeks and 8 weeks all in 2010)

PeanutBrown
Due date: 03 January 2012
Other details: first baby after a missed MC in may 2011 at 14 weeks gestation

Desiree Farfalla
Due date: 11th January 2012
Other details: 3 children, 5 angels

Indah
Due date: 26th January 2012
Other details: 1 angel August 2010

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Belinda33
Meme78
readyandraring
Belinda33
Michelle120733
Jane23: Rest in peace Jamie
Hernette
Ellorilee
Fluttergirls

bbabyflip.gif BABY IS HERE! bbabyflip.gif
Summer-Lover: September 2010 (first graduate of PAM)
Somebody_new: 07 December 2010.  Little boy (James) joining DD 6 and DD 18 months.
NoPatience: 31 December 2010.Little boy (Brodie) joining DS8
CherryAmes: January 2011. Little girl (Sojourner)
MrsCarmen: 11 February 2011 Little boy (Toby)
Julz78: 24 February 2011. Little girl (Felicity)
Blondiebear: 27 February 2011. Little boy. (Rafael)
Rumpel: 4 February 2011. Little girl (Emma)
Natmac: 6 March 2011. Little boy (Oliver)
ThatsNotMyName: 11 March 2011. Little girl (Carys)
Lei-79: 17 March 2011. Little girl (Madison
HappyHB: 22 March 2011. Little boy (Fionn)
Icesprite: 26 March 2011. Little girl.(Elise)
MissIceberg: 4 April 2011. Little girl. (Madeleine)
TulsaTime: 13 April 2011. Little boy (Taal)
GypskyK: 17 April 2011. Little boy (Xavier)
Canadia: 24 April 2011. Little boy (George)
Enharmonic: 29 April 2011. Little boy (Hugo)

Aphraell: 8 May 2011 (Mother's day) Little Girl (Xaria)
Fismeats: 9 May 2011. Little boy (Archer)
Having Fun: 26 May 2011. Little boy (Elijah)
Jodownunder: 17 June 2011. Little girl (Sophie)
Want*a*bub: 25 June 2011. Little girl (Kaitlin)
Shadowess: 28 June 2011. Little girl (Freya Kate)
Pregnant After Miscarriage Graduates Buddy Group
PAM Graduates

Edited by Kate-ko, 06 July 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#3 tygrays

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Silver!!

Belinda **hugest hugs**  nothing I say will help you deal with what you're going through at the moment.  I hope and pray that you are being supported IRL and have been given all the information you require to make the decisions you need to make for yourselves in the coming weeks, months etc etc...  

Sorry gals, I've not read much further back, I've been lurking for Belinda's news though xxx

BTW wasn't Shadowess meeting her little on today???

#4 noisytractor

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Bronze.

I just came in to lurk for news on Shadowess.

Back to ph34r.gif

#5 EvaFaithful

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

wacko.gif Darn....just missed out!

Shadowess- is having a baby today! So exciting!!!

Cant believe I've got 15 or so weeks until I meet my little man! tthumbs.gif

How's everyone doing this beautiful rainy day?

DF - hope the bleed is nothing, but also hope you can get a scan for reassurance

BIGMUM - glad your spotting has stopped and your getting movement

AFM - think I might have been having Braxton hicks the last few nights. Have been waking up with really bad sharp tummy pain and it has been really tight and heavy. I had a big freak last night thinking if I cant deal with a tummy ache how will I deal with a labour. A friend pointed out to me that it could actually be BH ddoh.gif feel so silly now for not even considering that! Anyway, will be on the lookout for them now.

Eva x

#6 tygrays

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

Lurking for Shadowess too wink.gif

Quick copy and paste job here too - soz....
"Time is racing away from us here!  We will have all our preparations done at home here next week and that will culminate with the delivery of the birthing pool next weekend!!!!  Eeeekkkk!!!!  I'm actually really excited to have everything happening now, I can't wait to bring our little girl into the world!!!  original.gif  

I'll be starting the 5W herbs from next Monday (35 weeks) and don't know what to expect from them, but have heard they are brilliant - so here's hoping!!!  Raspberry leaf and oral Evening primrose oil have already started and bringing on some doozies of BH contractions already!!!  I think this little one might actually be engaging!!!  Out of 5 babies she would have the be the first to do that before labour starts LOL  Ahh have to have some differences somewhere wink.gif

Anyways, I've noticed the last few days that I've felt really good in the mornings and have been doing as much as I can housework wise then, but come around 2pm and I crash - soooo tired and sore!!!  BH really ramp up if I don't take the time to stop and relax and rest!!  It could have something to do with chasing an energetic 2 year old around all day as well as having the older kids constantly bicker in my ear LOL  

Hope everyone else is traveling well.  At the moment I've hardly the energy to type, let alone read back sorry!!!"  

**belly rubs**

#7 Caramel Latte

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

All is good just am going to be "rested" for rest of pg. Anything to make it to term just disliking my body atm.

#8 Bigmum

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

Oh DF what a pest. At least Oreo is a champ. Feet up and away I hope you can manage xx

Shadow? I want news! Anyone going to bring her news in here? I'm positive her little bubsy will be in the world by now!! She is probably shattered tho!! haha

#9 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

My computer is being a banana again so I hope this works (today, tomorrow...at some point while it's still relevant!)

DF - Great news all is well - now you sit down and have a VERY boring 6 months biggrin.gif Did you have an NT scan today or still going in tomorrow?

Tygrays - fabulous, it's a relief when you start getting organised isn't it.

Fee - I trust you are busy enjoying newborn cuddles but will let us know everything very soon!

I hope everyone else is doing well today after the tough few days we've had.

AFM - Got baby brother a bassinet (which DH says he will fit in until he's at uni!) and Oliver a new convertible booster so DS2 can have his convertible baby seat plus a breast pump, a couple of new bottles (they have these spanky ones now that force the baby to simulate attatchment to the breast to get any milk!) new pj's and a water bottle for DS and two boxes of nappies - one of newborn! Baby brother is officially ready to be born, except his room still looks like a tip biggrin.gif And seriously, he can't get much lower without coming out so I'll be impressed if he makes me carry him around this low for another 6+ weeks!

Stopping there in case this doesn't post at all. Have good nights everyone, I'll be lurking for Fee original.gif

#10 Mamabug

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Hey all.

Belinda - I have sent you a PM. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Shadow - where's the commitment??? Haven't we always been here for you???? News, girl. We want NEWS!!!

DF - glad Orea is doing well; not so glad you will face the frustration of "rest".

Tygrays - I assume, since you are soooo organised you will be alittle quicker on the update than our Shadowess tongue.gif

AFM - I have a cough. And everytime I cough I feel like a hot poker has been skewered through my lower back. This is not condusive to "resting" my back.

Good news is we should sign the house contract withinn 48 hours. The agent reassured me that as we were hounding him to find out why our conveyancer hadn't received the contract within a week of offer/acceptance he assumed we were pretty serious buyers and stopped showing the house to other people. So hopefully I will sleep better without my gazumping worries...at least the insomnia has given me plenty of time to work out where to put the furniture!

And as for Inutero Bug (who does have a "working title", but one that is so distinct it would reveal my identity to anyone who mght know me!!!), well the ob said yesterday all is looking/sounding good.

Wants me to have an u/s in the next week or so just to check on everything due to antibodies, and then in a fortnight we have the big "this baby is going to come out at some stage - have you thought about that" talk!!! I'm actually thinking a week or two before EDD would be quite acceptable with my back...

#11 tygrays

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

hahhaa  me??  organised ROFL  Ahhh the family think I'm always late and the most DISorganised of the lot (I don't agree though LOL)  You can be assured that when this munchkin arrives you will have notice within the hour no doubt ROFL  DH has a list of whom to notify wink.gif  And we'll be at home too so every bit of modern technology will be at our fingertips wink.gif  LOL  

Augh kids home from school today - We're waiting on the $$ for our car rego to transfer from the savings account to the CC so we can pay it and it's lost in cyber space, so no vehicle today to run them to school - needless to say they're driving me NUTS!!!  Augh!!!!  LOL

#12 Bigmum

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

Morning all.

Shadow I feel like you have failed us...haha, just kidding I hope you are enjoying plenty of time with your beautiful new bundle xx

Hows the resting going DF? Is it nice looking up at the ceiling/tv? I hate my 2 weeks of bedrest as even our cable tv here was bad!! lol. although you tube is a great alternative when your dd has the tv to herself too. haha

Ooh how exciting to get a new bassinette..Our of interest, what did you use for big brother? We aren't wanting to re stock our baby stuff, so either going for a secondhand baby bassinette, or will just use the basinette on the pram we buy (also hopefully secondhand).
I have a breast pump and stearliser (avet, so pretty decent) in our storage in aus...I've got NO idea what box, how far into the storage etc it will be, but I need to find it! I am not buying them again! lol. My sil gets married when I will be 32 weeks pregnant, so hoping I am allowed to fly to aus too so we can be a family (which is when we will get the pump out of storage), but dont know if the doc will let me.
The good thing tho is if I do go into labour while I'm there, at least it will be free! lol. (dd was born at 33 weeks, hence my reason for feeling I could go early)

tygrays you seem so organised. Woot woot!

Eva, when I went into labour with my dd2 @ 33 weeks, my tightenings were not painful, in fact they didn't get painful until I was in heavier labour.
with ds, it was the same, although thankfully missed out on the major pain.
With dd1 however, what I thought was BH- towards the end (tight and painful) were early labour pains over a few weeks. And when I went for my final checkup I was 4 cm dialted and didn't know I was in labour.
Hopefully you dont get too many, they can be annoying!!

Not much planned for me today. Finally got to talk to dh this morning, he flew from shanghai to beijing last night, and so it was good to finally know he was there safe and sound. Only two more sleeps till I see him, so happy about that, although the girls have been pretty good and I am coping well without him.
Better get used to it, I'll have an extra kid to throw in the bag at the end of the year!!

#13 Caramel Latte

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

NT Scan results are in - am low risk :-). Be back later.

#14 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

DF - fabulous news original.gif Now back to bed...laughing2.gif

Bigmum - We borrowed heaps with DS and the friend we borrowed it from is due in October! She is a known premmie-maker so we're not borrowing anything this time - so she has her bassinet, breast pump and stuff plus toy things like the jolly jumper. DS will not give up his cot so baby brother needed a bassinet and I decided to buy a breast pump because I will hopefully BF over a year again and pumping occasinally to have a day off, take to day care (he will start at 10 months) or dealing with breast issues will be helpful. I still have a distressing amount of clothes and manchester to go through though!!

Mamabug - Enjoy the scan, I don't know why obs carry on like they do - unnececsary drama! As for the house, if they accpeted the offer (even subject to finance or terms) they shouldn't be showng it to anyone else. Grrr to Estate agents, hopefully you get it signed off quickly!

I think (fingers crossed) DS has stopped screaming at me and is now asleep - lets hope it lasts more than half an hour today!

Fee and Rach - Report in!! I'll be lurking...

#15 Neko NoNo

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

Eva- oh! BH already. I'm actually quite frightened by the thought of them- I"m such a wus! I hope that's what it was so that you can lay a fear to rest.

Ty- you sound fantastic at the moment. there is so much energy in your posts. Great to see  tthumbs.gif

Jen- great to hear you are so organised. good work. I hope DS's sleep lasted a bit longer than 30 mins

Mama- this settlement is moving so fast! you must be very organised too. how long will the settlement be?

Bigmum- I hope you do make it to your sisters wedding. Maybe you could come over a bit earlier so it's only one flight at 32 weeks?

DF- great news on low risk!

AFM- I am home sick. went into work and felt sick on the train and just got worse so came home after one hour. My GP gave me an emergency appointment as I was worried about my blood pressure. BP is fine, but doc decided I have "ectopic beats" which just means irregular heartbeat. He sent me for an ECG. Apparently it's quite common in pregnancy and usually nothing to worry about. I've definitely been experiencing some palpitations so it's nice to know I haven't been imagining it. I probably also have low iron. I made myself a steak sandwich and watched Dr Phil. I'm sure I'm well on my way to being better now. no work definitely helps.

#16 Mamabug

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Kate-ko @ 29/06/2011, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mama- this settlement is moving so fast! you must be very organised too. how long will the settlement be?

Fast??? I wanted to sign the contract on Monday!!!! I'm getting VERY impatient. We are happy for the standard six week settlement. There is  bit of work we want dne on the house before we move in, so if they say four weeks, we're also happy with that!!

We want to put up a double car port, paint the kids rooms and replace a shower screen. Possibly pull up carpet in bedrooms and hall. All really minor stuff that can be done before we get there in early October. And stuff that will be soooo much easier to do before our stuff is moved in.

And it has nothing to do with being very organised - it is the paralysing fear of needing everything sorted before we have a baby and have to move!!

#17 *MONA*

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

this has to be super quick, cause im at work and yep my laptop has crapped it self again so prob wont be able to post for a bit sad.gif

lurking for baby news from fee! hope evrything went extremly well

DF - congratsss!!!!! original.gif))

again im so sorry to evry1 else am not ignoring anyone have read ur posts, but have to be super duper quick being at work (dont want to get fired when i have 1 week left of work lol)  im the big 27 tomorrow!! eeek!

and also waiting on a certain sum1 to join our group and announce there wounderful pregnancy news!! hehe wink.gif

love to all hopefully i can get my laptop up and running asap, send my love to the new mummies!! xxx

#18 EvaFaithful

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

Mona - who is it??? I'm excited original.gif

Hope Shadowess is going well and enjoying new born cuddles.

DF - sorry about the bed rest but glad Oreo is hanging on strong

AFM - can't remember anything else, sorry ladies sad.gif

Was really tired this morning so got revenge of morning sickness. Went out for breakfast with my dad but ended up having to have a sleep before I could drive home. Am still pretty exhausted now.

Have been waiting for MIL to get back to me. She told DH that she was going to come down on Friday to spend the day with me  huh.gif but she hasn't spoken to me about it and hasn't responded to my emails. Getting annoyed now as I need to re-organize my day if she is coming ..... rant.gif now think I will just tell her she can't come because it is too hard trying to figure out when I'm going to fit in my chores and I'm not going to run around like a mad thing tomorrow only to have her say she isn't coming.

Rant over original.gif

Eva x

#19 Mynewname

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

Another one lurking for news from Fee. Hope you are enjoying newborn cuddles.

Also, I see you lurking down there Kuta. It will be you next.......exciting!

#20 MarsBarSlice

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

Shadowess - lurking for your news, hope the cuddles are just divine

DF - Great news on the scan

Mamabug - Congrats on the house, damn those real estate agents, how rude

Jen42 - Glad to hear your are getting organised, pass that bug on to me please, I really need it

Tygrays - Sounds like it's all coming together for you, good to hear

Bigmum - It'd be great if you could fly back and sort some stuff out at the same time

Kate-ko - Chocolate always makes me feel better!

Eva - I don't really get BH this time round

Mona - Sound exciting another one to join our group, there's plenty of spots available

AFM: Had Ob appt today. All good, baby bat has moved a bit further down cause she did an U/S to check my cervix but couldn't see it cause baby bat was blocking it. A good sign. Went over birth plan and she was all for it.

I feel like I'm getting so much done the last few days but not sure if that's really reality. I started packing a hospital bag today with DS' help. He picked up my breast pads and inspected them, turned to me and said "hand bra's". How funny.

I had my 2nd accupuncture appt today, it hurt but it was meant to. It's quite an aggressive treatment for bringing on labour. Hopefully it will work. I'm doing everything I can to bring on natural labour.

Thinking of you all xx

Hi there JDU, hope sleeping and feeding are kind to you. I look at my ticker now and it's a real slap in the face reality check.

Edited by kuta1998, 29 June 2011 - 08:55 PM.

#21 Bigmum

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:30 AM

He picked up my breast pads and inspected them, turned to me and said "hand bra's". How funny.
hahaha. hilarious!

ooh mona- we are a curious bunch, can't wait! Happy birthday for tomorrow! Enjoy your day!

hows the bubsy jo? settling in well?

eva, i know how it feels. sometimes you can't be bothered with peoples plans!! lol

He picked up my breast pads and inspected them, turned to me and said "hand bra's". How funny.
hahaha. hilarious!

ooh mona- we are a curious bunch, can't wait! Happy birthday for tomorrow! Enjoy your day!

hows the bubsy jo? settling in well?

eva, i know how it feels. sometimes you can't be bothered with peoples plans!! lol

#22 EvaFaithful

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

'hand bras' ....... roll2.gif I love it!!!!!

Argh, darn mother in law. She called yesterday arvo while I was having a nap so DH spoke to her. I feel really bad now for saying she can't come down cry1.gif she's just not the type of person who understands me. I'm hoping she doesn't do this once bub is born. She can't just decide she wants to spend the day with me without actually consulting me. I heard DH say to her that I had to do my food shopping on Friday and it was just stressing me that it wasn't planned. Which is all true but I wish he hadn't told her cos she doesnt understand

Anyway, rant.gif enough of that now

How's everyone doing today?

It's beautiful and rainy here! I'm just gng to clean the ensuite and then go to Coles for some chocolate blush.gif  and I need a new financial yr diary

Edited by EvaFaithful, 30 June 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#23 Shadowess

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

I'm sooooooo sorry guys! Mobile reception in here is crap, and I haven't been able to connect to eb. I thought maybe some of you would have seen the news on fb though, and posted it here.

anyway, it's a girl!!!! And I'm soooo in love with her!I cried when my ob announced we had a girl! Her name is Freya Kate, only even considered as an option 2 hours before she was born! Caesar was difficult- after trying to get a spinal and then an epi in for an hour, I was 5 mins away from a general. All good though, completely different expereince to last time. Freya's a bit smaller than ruby, 4.03kg, 50cm long. Feeding, sleeping well, everything great. I feel good too, much better than last time, actually it's made me realise just how messed up I was.

Anyway, hope this will post now. Depends on phone whether I make it back in here before going home on Sunday or Monday.

Fee

#24 Neko NoNo

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Fantastic news Fee, I'm glad you and Freya are doing well. Great name!

#25 EvaFaithful

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Congratulations Fee!!!!! Freya-Kate is a beautiful name hheart.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

The 'no children' wedding invite

It was the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends, and she had invited me to be her bridesmaid. It was quite an honour. But there was one problem.

Baby Dylan recovering well after spending five days alone

For up to five days he lay alone after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose, but eight-month-old Dylan Micallef has made an incredible recovery.

The mystery of William Tyrell, little boy lost

The question remains: How does a little boy simply vanish without a trace?

Woman fights off robber, then gives birth

A thief in the US got more than he bargained for when he try to rob a woman who was nine months pregnant because he figured she would be an easy target.

Video: Two-year-old tells mum off for laughing at her

This little girl is not happy that her mum started laughing during her performance - so she tells her exactly how she feels about it.

Coping with a bolter

My 15-month-old has suddenly added a burst of real speed to her toddle. She should be classed a flight risk.

Single, 51 and pregnant

Tracey Kahn didn't realise she wanted to become a mother until she was well into her 40s. Now 51, she is pregnant with her second child.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

The 'no children' wedding invite

"It's her wedding, so the day is all about her, not your baby." How major fall-out can occur over a simple wedding invitation.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.