Losing Weight While/For TTC'ing Thread #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#76 maybereadyagain

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

Oh dear, it seems very quiet in here. Another loss for me, another 200g since last post. Back down to 77.2kg this morning.

Hope everyone else is traveling ok?

#77 Bubble11

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

Hi Rumply - I don't think they reccomend getting pregnant while on VLCD cause VLCDs can lead to deficiencies, but that varies person to person. I imagine dietician or doctor could tell you if that's ok.  Don't know about the acidity thing, but some women don't cycle on VLCD.  

I think if acidities a problem pre-seed (lubricant) can help with that cause it has the right acidity.  I've been reading you can douche with bicarbonate of soda to make CM more alkaline.  If you google a bit of info comes up.  

My pre-conception book says you should loose the weight, then be a stable healthy weight for 6 months pre ttc .  But no way am I doing that.  Way too clucky, but going to get some tests for deficiencies first.  Well I'm anemic anyway, so tends to be on my mind a bit.  I eat heaps but really bad diet, probably getting more vitamins in my weight loss diet cause super healthy.

hi maybereadyagain.  Tracking along with the weight loss. I love seeing it go down, but had a bit of a disappointment yesterday.  Got on the scales and was under (just) 70kg which was so great.  Then popped on again, nope actually  70.4.  Did it a few times all 70.4.  Which was a loss, but so disappointing after I thought I'd finally cracked 70kg.  So ate a bit much , but at least when I go off and eat too much now it's not as bad as it used to be.  So a little binge, rather than a big one.  Which I suppose is progress and I think I have to start measuring my waste cause I swear I look thiner but the scales keep saying the same .

#78 maybereadyagain

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Been 77kg 3 days in a row. This morning 77.8kg WTF! So I had a MAN SIZE sausage roll & can of coke for lunch. That's the way to fix it haha. Felt better while I was eating eat, regretting it now!

And got dragged for a walk Thursaday night. I really didn't feel like it. Poor DP, he said with such enthusiasm, 'We just swapped it', 'swapped what?', 'TV for a walk', I said, 'Do you want a F'n balloon too'
(Those who have seen the 'swap it, don't stop it balloon people ads would know what I'm talking about)

The poor thing!

Monday is proper weight in day. I guess I'll find out!

Hope everyone else is doing ok original.gif

#79 MagsJee

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hi, I've been meaning to drop in here and update but have spent the last couple of days out and about.

I've made it down to 65.9kgs yesterday!!  biggrin.gif   I thought my scale was playing tricks on me - it has a habit of flossing up a lovely low weight and then shooting up but it stayed at 65.9kgs so I was super chuffed.  Of course, DH promptly suggested that we have yum cha for lunch and then chinese for dinner  sad.gif  so my weight was back up this morning  sad.gif   At least I know that my eating plan works  happy.gif

maybeready, I've seen the 'swap it' ads, I'm trying to swap my chai latte addition for mint tea.  It's not always successful.  wink.gif

Bubble, I don't think I could take all that time to get to my goal weight and then say there for 6 months before TTC either.  

#80 maybereadyagain

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Another 200g down for me since last week. Think it helped eating some bbq chicken that wreaked havock on my digestive system yesterday after doing an 11km A Grade walk (steep hills up and down). Was not fun either of them lol sad.gif But pleased I did the walk.  biggrin.gif

Weigh in Day: Monday
Start Date: 17/9/2011
Start Weight: 78.2kg
Current Weight: 77.0kg
Goal Weight: 65kg

Mags: My scale does that too, depending where on the bathroom floor it is, if it is not flat it adds nearly a whole kilo!

Bubble: same here, I don't really care if I'm at my goal weight by the time DP is ready to start ttc, but it would be so much better if I was. So I don't think I will have held it for 6 months either, it's taking soo long to go down as it is!

Well done to all who have lost, and good luck to those still struggling, here's to a great weight loss week to all!

#81 Fairey

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi girls,

I may as well jump back on board while I start TTC all over again.

I jumped on the scales today and weighed in at 117.9 ... GAH!! Not as bad as yesterday though - yesterday was 119.5kg ... at this rate I'll be a pin stick by Christmas cool.gif

Still haven't got AF back from everything so I'm aiming to be under 115 before next BFP.

Back on to the WW diet me thinks. I'll have to start tomorrow... went out for lunch and had a very yummy chicken snitty biggrin.gif

If I was going to be my goal weight before TTC I wouldn't be having kids for years. Stuff that!

#82 maybereadyagain

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

76.5kg this morning  tthumbs.gif

Hopefully loss continues for Monday's official weigh in. I got a deadline now to lose at least 10kg. DP has said we will be able to start ttc next year.   biggrin.gif   So, I really want to get to goal weight by the end of 2011.   unsure.gif  We'll see.

#83 Veryclucky

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

Just a quick update. I lost 1kg then my weight has stagnated again. I really have to dig deep to find the willpower not to give in and eat crap. I need to get back to meal planning so I have everything there to eat healthy without effort. I don't know why I am constantly sabotaging myself.

The FS and I set a goal of 5kgs by mid-Dec when my next appt is (more a check-in then for any other reason). I am hoping for more but with how hard it has been to get the scales moving I think it is good to have a smaller goal so I don't get too dejected. Fingers crossed to blow that out of the water though.

I have just had my fitness assessment at our work gym now I have changed roles and am back in a building with a gym. In the last 2 years, my BMI has come down by 3, lost about 10cms off the waist, 4 off the hips and about 7kgs. Fitness doubled but is still crap.

So now my plan is to go to the gym 3 times per week and couple that with swimming, walking and exercise bike at home on the weekends/evening.

Just a matter of getting back into the habit.

My worst issue is drinking coke, I can't seem to kick the habit. I think I need coke patches just like the ones they have for smokers laugh.gif I know it is bad for me but can't seem to stop.

#84 la di dah

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

I would like to get down to about 45-46 kg but I am still holding fast at 63. I think my pants are a bit looser but I'm still a size 10.

sad.gif

#85 maybereadyagain

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

400g loss this week, so that's 1.4kg in a month, yay me  original.gif  Wish the loss was a little faster though, better than not losing at all I guess.

Weigh in Day: Monday
Start Date: 17/9/2011
Start Weight: 78.2kg
Current Weight: 76.8kg
Goal Weight: 65kg

Veryclucky:
My worst issue is drinking coke, I can't seem to kick the habit. I think I need coke patches just like the ones they have for smokers laugh.gif I know it is bad for me but can't seem to stop.

Gave me a giggle lol

#86 maybereadyagain

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Where is everyone?!

My scales broke yesterday ohmy.gif ! Probably a good thing since I have awful pre AF bloating, I think I would have gone up anyway.

Good luck every one else, hopefully I'll have new ones by next week!

Best be off to walk the Beagle.

#87 butterfly 2011

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

;) hi everyone  i am new to all this but am ttc :bluestork: i too have suffered weight gain so have joined weightwatches  and have lost 5.1kg i still have 10kg to go its just getting myself motivated  :sick: . I have a gym membership but choose to not  go  because off lonely ness so husband is getting me and i pod to listen to instead . Well hope we can keep our progress going  and support each other with this

GOODLUCK EVERYONE :D

Hope to hear great sucess next week cheers

#88 titch482

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

hi all, hoping to join this thread too.

I too have PCOS and am obese, and have been recommended to lose weight to help with TTC (we have been TTC for 12 months)

i jumped on the scales on monday night ad weighed in at 106.3, but have done quite a bit of exersie and have been trying to eat better since then. hoping for a loss by the next time i weigh myself, however going away for the weekend with DH so i hope i'm not to naughty!!

i'm currently on metformin which i've been told helps with weightloss too (only started it on monday so no results yet)

#89 maybereadyagain

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

No news for me. Haven't got around to getting new scales yet. Feeling really bloated, must have eaten something that doesn't agree cause it's not the other cause. Waist & Hip measurements are up a couple of centimetres too, so have a feeling the weight might be up as well.

Hi to butterfly 2011 & titch482

#90 rumbles

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hi All

Can I please join in?  My hubby and I have just decided it is that time to try and have a baby but need to lose a massive amount or well start whilst we are on this journey.  Ideally I would like to lose around 40kgs.

Whats everyones recommendations or hints to help me on my way?

Also, has anyone TTC whilst quite overweight?  If so, how did they go and any tips?

#91 Little Ladybug

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hi ladies, not sure if anyone is still around in here. We are thinking of TTC #4 soon and i would really like to loose a bit of weight to be a bit more healthy and hopefully a bit more comftable for pregnancy. While I don't have a massive amount to loose I do have a lot of trouble getting motivated to do anything to get rid of it. I do like walking but don't much like walking on my own and trying to get my hubby in on it is a little difficult lol.

Anyway just wanted to pop in and say Hi and see if anyone was still around.

#92 Bubble11

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hi littleladybug & rumbles if your still around.  Haven't been in here for a while.  

Little ladybug I have trouble with motivation too; can you make a list somewhere (on the fridge & cupboard is good for me) of what you hope to get out of weight loss - not just ttc, but better health, a healthy baby, being fitter, having more energy, making healthier choices all that sorta stuff.  And read it every time you go to eat. Don't know what your diets like, but this can help you make healthier choices.  

If your in a city/suburban area there may be local walking groups you can join, or if you don't like exercising on your own maybe an exercise class might be better, things like yoga, pilates or water aerobics which you can still do (with modification) once pregnant. Or your TTC #4, can you take the kids in the pram (not sure how old they are).  Any chance you could make it a whole family walk to the local park/swings with DH too, so it's quality family time and then while the kids play you could do laps of the park power walking?

Rumbles if your still around I use lists on the fridge & cupboard to remind me of what I'm doing & why, plus counting calories every day on calorie king (I count before I eat, I find it's the only way to stick to it and have notes on fridge and cupboard saying COUNT BEFORE YOU EAT) and I've got a print out of couple of pages that I read every day with why I'm doing this - for a healthy baby, so I can have more energy to care for my baby, get fitter etc and pictures of fit, healthy pregnant women (heaps on google images) and babies (again google images if your interested in this) so I can see what I'm doing this for.   And you can go on lilyslim and get a ticker to count down your weight loss so you see it every time you post in EB.

#93 MagsJee

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Jumping back into this thread.

So we're still TTC#1 (15 months and counting) and I'm really finally getting serious about both TTC and weight loss.  I bought this book titled "Getting Pregnant" and it has a table of how much you should weigh when TTC and I'm solidly 10kgs above it (as in above the suggested weight range)  sad.gif   So it's time to really knuckle down - no sugar, no processed carbs, no starch, and I'm switching to decaf.

On the exercise front I've started doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred dvd and DH has signed us up for the local gym (third visit today).  It's early days so I'm going by how I look/feel in my clothes rather than expecting massive shifts in weight (but that will come).

I want to be at least halfway to my 10kg goal before going to see the GP about getting tested for anything - I just don't want to be told that we can't get PG because we're overweight (which may not even be the reason why we're having trouble but I don't want them to just brush me off).

How is everyone else travelling?

#94 LilMissChatterbox

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Newbie here. 8 mths ttc now and have been losing weight over past 18 months but figure it's time to focus on this as I'm so sad about facing yet another CD1. Some days it's easy to think that it can take up to two years, other days (i.e. today!) just can't stop crying. Remembering advice someone told me once - can't possibly be really upset while running full pace. Might put down the tissue box long enough to go for a run today... We'll see.

Had a bad food day yesterday but good today, so far.

My weight is about 69kgs (down from 85ish at highest) and looking to get to 66 (highest healthy BMI weight) then see how my body reacts. Not overly worried about getting to a lower weight, just thinking I'll see what my body looks like at that stage.

Gave up alcohol in March to help with TTC, but thinking a glass of wine tonight would really help me chill out a bit.

#95 babystepz

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

HI ladies, I am jumping in here too.

I have been overweight the past 15 years and now am TTC #1.  

I want to drop 10kgs and I am currently 83kgs.  So have quite the jelly belly.

Started cutting out sugar and wheat, i have a wheat intolerance but LOVE bread, but it causes me a lot of pain.

Started doing boxing circuit class once a week.

Doctor said that after 6 months of trying we will get further tests due to my age.  But i hope to also be in a healthy weight range before that happens.

Have found TTC to be quite emotional and my first thing to do is to eat some chocolate or grab some yummy hot chips.

Taking each day at a time.  Sometimes i feel like i swallow way too many vitamins!

#96 Zahhy

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Oh dead thread?
anyone still come here?

I'm currently trying to lose 20kg before TTC #3 at the end of the year. Need to do this so I can go through the Birth Centre again and not have to do the Gestational Diabetes test - it was pure torture last time, disgusting. No way I could do it again.

#97 MagsJee

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm still here.  I figure that if no-one else shows up I'll treat it like a blog.... once I actually start doing something about my weight.  That's going to be on Monday - uni's over, marking's done and will be back from Bundaberg on Sunday so it's the all clear.

DH and I did start going to the gym but then his work became super busy and he's been working late (we have 1 car so can't get there without him), then end of semester arrived so I was snowed under with marking.  And I can tell you that not going to the gym is having a huge (negative) impact.  I have a t-shirt that I was seriously looking at retiring because it had become super baggy and looked 2 sizes too big - stopped going to the gym and it looks the right size again  oomg2.gif  nno.gif  cry1.gif

So, from Monday it's a minimum of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred dvd everyday, a body sculpt or bootcamp dvd and gym when possible.  We're also going paleo/primal so hopefully that will make a difference as well.

#98 Zahhy

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Oh hello MagsJee! Glad to see someone is still here!

That Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred looks like a bit of fun work to do at home, I might have to go get the dvd and some hand weights and try it! will give me something extra to do at home, so on the days I can't get to the gym I don't feel like I've wasted the day. Plus it looks like it will help with core strength, which I have self-consciousness issues with doing while at the gym - it's an open plan gym, so everyone can see everyone.

Oh no, I hate when formerly baggy clothes become .. fitting. I have no one to blame but myself, but sometimes it's hard to make time to exercise, especially with this cold/rainy weather.

#99 HappyPurpleGirl

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hi Tonberry and MagsJee

I'd like to join in original.gif

I lost 25kg last year to prep for TTC, but have unfortunately put 7kg back on due to being too busy at work to exercise or eat properly over the last couple of months.

So now we are officially TTC#1, I want to lose the weight again and get fitter.

Like you guys, I am disappointed that the clothes I had put in a bag to go to Vinnes as they were to big have found their way back into my closet ssorry.gif

I don't have access to a gym, but I am going to do the personal trainer program I have on the PS3 and work on my gardens as my exercise (we live on a property so there's lots of garden work to do!).

Looking forward to getting to know you and hope I'll be able to help you a bit too original.gif

Tonberry, what is a Gestational Diabetes test? I'm afraid now! unsure.gif

#100 HappyPurpleGirl

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (hope2012 @ 23/05/2012, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI ladies, I am jumping in here too.

I have been overweight the past 15 years and now am TTC #1.  

I want to drop 10kgs and I am currently 83kgs.  So have quite the jelly belly.

Started cutting out sugar and wheat, i have a wheat intolerance but LOVE bread, but it causes me a lot of pain.

Started doing boxing circuit class once a week.

Doctor said that after 6 months of trying we will get further tests due to my age.  But i hope to also be in a healthy weight range before that happens.

Have found TTC to be quite emotional and my first thing to do is to eat some chocolate or grab some yummy hot chips.

Taking each day at a time.  Sometimes i feel like i swallow way too many vitamins!

How is your weightloss going hope2012?

I totally hear you about the hot chippies! they fix all sorts of things (well, for a little while anyways!). They and coke cans are my downfall!

I'm also around the same weight and have the same tummy! I find it amusing to lose a tummy to gain one LOL! roll2.gif

Coincidently I'm also wheat intolerant (can't have any traces at all without that pain) I am going to a pain to take out anywhere now that I am sticking to the pregnancy food restrictions as well!

Did you have any luck in the last month for a positive result?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clever panda fakes pregnancy

News that a giant panda was pregnant prompted much excitement, but it appears there were never any cubs on the way.

'I survived placenta percreta'

When writing her birth plan, Simone Pavil included an item most women wouldn?t even think about: what should happen if she was put on life support. The mum had the potentially fatal condition placenta accreta.

Managing personal space as a mum

In the midst of the early parenting years, our bodies and minds can seemingly be overtaken by our offspring. How can we balance our need for personal space with the needs of our children?

'If love could have saved you, you'd have never left'

The words "spontaneous abortion" on the hospital paperwork really got to me. My baby died; I didn't spontaneously decide to abort him.

15 classic Aussie ads

Watch some of the classic Australian ads of the 80s, 90s and 00s, and remember the catchphrases and jingles we all used to know so well ...

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Going viral

Weirdest pregnancy products

From pee stick keepers to stylish sick bags, there are some very strange inventions out there for pregnant women.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.