Clomid Cycles #5

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#26 hoping4bubs

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

I'm on CD9, OH MY GOD the mood swings are awful and I'm getting the worst hot flushs
I'm not sure DH will like me when its "time" sad.gif

I have to go back to work tomorrow after a few weeks off, I'm not sure I'm gonna cope

#27 hoping4bubs

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Hows everyone going???

I am on CD14, very faint positive OPK, No pains, just so over DTD LOL

#28 Y'sitsohard

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hey Sorry I've been bad at this lately!
I'm on CD 6 and haven't had that bad of reactions to it.  WEll on my first round I had a couple of hot flushes but nothing since.

But I tell you my period symtoms are worse than they used to me!

I've been doing it tough the last few days!  I had myself convinced that last month was the one!   Plus the day AF arrived a friend messaged me and said she's pregnant (only been trying a couple of months)  It was a huge kick in the gutts, that's for sure!

LOL I know what you mean about DTD!  It takes all the fun out of it doesn't it when you've been trying for so long!  I hope all goes well with you this month! original.gif

#29 titch482

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:12 PM

hi all,

i'm starting my first cycle of clomid tomorrow (CD5) and a bit nervous.

what side effects do i have to look forward to?

i will be taking elevit and metformin at the same time

how is everyone else going?

#30 Jillian_10

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hi Titch - I took Elevit only (not Metformin) with Clomid, and I had no side effects at all, maybe I was just lucky though since I have read some less pleasant stories! I took it on days 5 to 9.

#31 hoping4bubs

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

Y'sitsohard - How u going?

titch482 - I take Elevit only and I didn't have many symtoms, a little more moody than normal but nothing too bad, everyone is different tho

AFM - Waiting for AF to arrive to I can start my next cycle, going up to 100mg, didn't even ovulate last month, very disappointing as I thought my body definately did... oh well onwards and upwards

#32 Y'sitsohard

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

HI Ladies,

I just wrote a long message but my connection failed and I lost it mad.gif GRRR  So I will just keep it quick in case it happens again!

I'm on Clomid 50mg and I'm on my 3rd cycle, and I take Elevit.  The only side effect I had was hot flushes on my first cycle.  The only other side effect I have is that I have stronger period symtoms which I often think are pregnancy symtoms sad.gif

This month my cycle was a little longer, which was strange.  And I had 2 mature eggs!  So one more week will tell if I'm pregnant with 1, 2 or no baby!!!  Twins, a bit of a scary but exciting thought.

Anyway, best of luck this month ladies biggrin.gif

#33 little-miss-cleanupalot

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Y'sitsohard @ 04/10/2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Belinda,

I am also on my first cycle and crossing my fingers that there is hope for both of us!!!
I had my ultrasound yesterday to find 2 maturing eggs!!!  2!!!!  possible chance of twins! OMG  But I'm crossing my fingers that things fall into place this month!   I would also like to know if anyone has or knows someone who has fallen pregnant of the first cycle?

Its such a stressful time!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
biggrin.gif

Hi Belinda!,

I just fell pregnant on my frist month of Clomid on 50mg. I am not even 5 weeks yet, BUT 5 days ago I got a VERY strong positive home preg test! My Doctor has suggested twins, but they still arent doing a SCAN until im 12 weeks... IM GOING TO GO CRAZY!

Anyways, this is my 4th pregnancy, my ovaries just decided to forget what they were meant to be doing lol

Mel

#34 beep

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

Hi thought i would start up here again. Iv been off nd on clomid for awhile now.  I usually start on CD 3-7.  it looks like the clomid is doin wat it is suppose to do and from wat I know its to grow the follicles or eggs. its the next thing that im having trouble with i think. and thats ovulating. releasing the mature egg. idk if my follicles are gettin released and into the tubes. also i may have too thick of CM.
I did notice today that there was was a bit of CM.
How is everyone else doing with there TTC?

#35 hoping4bubs

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hi Bump

Just started my 3rd cycle of Clomid. This is the second cycle on 100mg. I think my body did what it was supposed to do but just didn't catch the eggy. Going to try and BD every second day from CD4 (today) until last week of my cycle.

Fingers crossed its our time soon

#36 titch482

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

hey all,

i am on CD 8 of my second clomid cycle, son 1 tablet left to take! yay

doesanyone else find clomid ridiculously hard to get out of the packet?

anyways, yeah we are baby dancing like mad, and i also bout 'maybe baby' so i am determined to catch this egg!

whats everyone else upto?

baby dust to all

#37 hoping4bubs

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

I don't think Clomid is working for us, 3rd cycle and in TWW but although no AF as yet, there is no difference to the last cycles.
Just feel like all I do is sit around waiting for AF. Don't know if my dreams will ever come true.

#38 titch482

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

hoping4bubs - ithink i'm in the same boat. second cycle of clomid and i dont know whether it worked or not
had a blood test yesterday to test my progesterone, to check if i O'd and when, other wise the FS is going to increase my dosage

#39 Y'sitsohard

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hi Ladies,

Its been a while!!  Sorry I've been so slack.  Things haven't been going to well for us on Clomid either.  I'm just about to start my next cylcle to begin, as last month there was no Big O! sad.gif  What a waste of a month!!

This month I have to take 100mg and its my last month on Clomid as the doctor said that we would only try on Clomid for 6 months.  

I'm feeling a bit of a failure at the moment and losing hop with conceiving naturally (well not totally naturally, but you know what I mean!)  I didn;t want to go through IVF originally, but I may not have any choice.  But not sure we can afford it!

I'm totally lost right now!

#40 hoping4bubs

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Y'sitsohard - I'm so sorry things haven't worked out for you on Clomid but you aren't alone, it hasn't worked for me either.

My hubby and I are actually going to an IVF information night next week. Its all very daunting and lots of information.

#41 LittleListen

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hi Ladies - can I hang around here for a while? I'm usually in the Endurance Team but need a bit more info on Clomid (hi hoping waves.gif)

I'm on my first cycle on 25mg (reading that most of you are on 100mg, I'm feeling like this isn't going to work sad.gif)
Currently CD11. Had my first BT and US on day 9 and was told to come back on friday for another set of tests. We weren't told whether to BD or not. Should we? The paper says abstain from 9 - 16 - unless the FS tells you otherwise. does that sound right? I feel like we might miss the window altogether!!

OH and I had SO much trouble getting the clomid out of the packet too roll2.gif  I broke two tablets into almost powder before I could get them out!!

#42 beep

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

im on 100mg of Clomid dis month and hopeing to O soon. nd BD more. hope dis month is better. good luck and baby dust to all.  hands.gif    bbabyflip.gif

#43 wannabe_mum

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hi ladies,
I have just joined this group on the advice in a book and a colleague. Both suggested it might help to talk to others who are in the same situation as me. I don't really understand all the acronyms used on here though, hope I will learn them all!
I am 26, my husband is 38. We have been trying for 15 months officially but only ever used my cycle as contraception before. Naturally like everyone else I never thought I'd have trouble conceiving. I always knew I wanted to be a mum, and have dreamed about it for years, only putting it on hold until after our wedding. All our preliminary tests came back normal. Which makes it frustrating because there's is no simple fix. I have been given a script for clomid, but i'm reluctant to take it cos I'm scared of side effects, and I don't know how it can help if I'm already ovulating. Has anybody else tried it? The next step is a hysteroscopy which scares me too.
Every month I get a negative test is a disappointment. None of my friends are trying for kids, those that have kids got pregnant really easily, so I have no one to talk to who truly understands. I try to stay positive but it's really hard sometimes. I am young, fit and healthy and I keep thinking 'why me?' I did go through a period of time when looking at a pregnant woman or baby made me want to scream and cry. I am a nurse, and I see people every day who treat their kids badly and yet I want a baby more than anything and don't have one.
My husband is very supportive thankfully, but I don't think a man ever really gets it. Thants why I decided to try joining this group.
Sorry to ramble on in my first post!

#44 beep

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi been awhile since on here. im on CD40! today. no signs of AF yet. did preg test on CD 36  BFN.gif  but after awhile saw sum kinda line. could be a water line. so far. But my las cycle was a mere 24 days now m on 40.  Took 100mg of clomid this cycle. So not sure wat is up this round. heres hoping for a   BFP.gif soon. Hubby said to wait to test again. mayb by this weekend. was feeling nauseated off and on here. idk if im jus wishing.
Baby dust to all.

#45 hoping4bubs

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Well I'm 6 days late but BFN, 4th cycle of Clomid, we aren't using it anymore. IVF appointment on Thursday, heres hoping we have better luck. I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!

#46 1982blair

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi Ladies

Hope you don't mind me crashing your post but its nice to have a bit of support!  Well I am currently on clomid cycle number 2 (100mg days 3-7) and am hoping more than anything that we get a BFP this month currently on 2WW and already feel as though I am going insane, every little thing I am like oh maybe I am but I also not expecting miracles, anybody else here have success pretty quickly on clomid?  I did 6 rounds (plus trigger shots and IUI) before all resulting in BFN's!  Then I was lucky enough to conceive my DD completely naturally (just when we decided to stop trying for a bit!)   I just  have this overwhelming urge to have another baby and like NOW!  The thought of it taking as long as it did last time is enough to make me want to cry (or give up! But I know I'm not done having babies yet and will do whatever it takes to have one!) Anyway sending baby dust to all you lovely ladies TTC!

#47 beep

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

hi.  ok im back on the band wagon once again. Clomid this month at 100mg. and will try IUI to see wat happens.

#48 beep

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

well looks like the clomid is working. did ovulation tests and 4 days ago nothing 3 days nothing and this mornin finally a bright pink line so must be ovulating. usually i dont even ovulate. but cudnt do the IUI as will not be able to make it too the clinic. so lotsa BD. please oh please let this be the month.

#49 hoping4bubs

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hi ladies, I need your help -
Everyone who has been on Clomid and gone off it .... does it affect your following cycles? How long does it take to get out of your system? I was taking it for 5 or 6 cycles

#50 beep

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

hi just to update I did not do clomid this month but did OPK today and got a positive!!! looks like clomid  mite be helping to jump start my system. hope it works still.  time is running out for me so need to quickly get a BFP.
baby dust to all..

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.