103 replies to this topic

#1 GeraniumQueen

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

New thread time

link to last thread

#2 little.orchid

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

Hi JJC1 and welcome waves.gif

I have never taken clomid just went straight to gonal-f injections (jabs as I call them), but after the 1st jab it gets a lot easier.

Good luck with your cycle rolleyes.gif

#3 HappyWomble

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

Hello all the new girls!

I'm hoping that this, my last "natural" cycle will be successful, otherwise I start my first IUI next month. So I'm in the 2WW. My cycle will be stimulated with letrazole, then I don't know what they'll trigger ovulation with. I'm also having an HSG in the same cycle. I'm guessing the IUI will be cancelled if the HSG showed bad tubes sad.gif

Edited by jewels1970, 26 March 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#4 little.orchid

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:29 AM

Well ladies its a BFN for me... so off to IVF for us next month.

Good luck with your cycles!

#5 MooBearCalfCub

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

Hi All,

I am new to this thred but have been mainly a "looker" and every now and again a "sharer" in other threds regarding TTC with Clomid. Love reading everyone's stories knowing I am not alone out there. I am 26, DH is 27 and we have been TTC since January 2009. Have been told I have PCOS. Did Clomid for 6 months with all BFN's.

Had first round of IUI in February this year which also was a BFN. From what I understand, I produced one follie, however did not have a LH surge therefore no egg released (?)
Starting injections again in two days for our second IUI attempt. I take puregon from day 2 until day of procedure with a trigger of pregnyl the day before procedure.

I am at wits ends with it all now. Everyone around us are having babies, even those who ideally are not in the position to be having them. I don't know where my head is going to be at if we have to do more IUI before IVF. I know IVF will be tougher mentally and physically, but I just don't want to be wasting any more time on IUI if its not going to work.

How's everyone else coping? Do I need to just take a teaspoon (or tablespoon) of cement?

Good Luck all for upcoming APRIL!

#6 HappyWomble

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

MooBearCalfCub - so it sounds like your first IUI didn't include a trigger shot for ovulation? I'm still new to this too. No need for the cement! This is all very tough, so it'd be unusual if you weren't having some coping issues. Make sure you use the counselling services of your clinic if it gets too bad. I'm stil in the 2WW of my last natural cycle and I'm hoping so much I don't have to do an IUI cycle next month, or get the HSG. That is, bring on the BFP for this month!!!

Good luck for your cycle this month, MooBear. Sorry to see you go little_orchard, hope you get better luck with IVF.

#7 HappyWomble

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hello - a bit slow in here...

Well, this natural cycle didn't work, so I'm starting letrozole on Friday, have my 6 day scan on Monday and start my FSH injections then. I have an HSG next Thursday and my IUI most likely next Sunday or Monday week. Busy busy...

Any good news out there?

#8 jjc1

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

hi all
moobear hope you have a better time this month

jewels 1970 goodluck with scan on monday.

I have my appointment with the nurse on wed to find out what we will do i think we are doing clomid with a trigger shot. I am going to hospital on thurs for a d and c and another hysteroscopy before we start. Has anyone had an amh test. I had one done and the results weren't to good.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

#9 HappyWomble

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

jjc - you're certainly in the wars at the moment! I hope your D&C goes smoothly. How is a hysteroscopy different from a laparoscopy? I've had an AMH but fortunately my score was very good (for my age: 13 at 40yo).

I've been on letrozole for 5 days now and I think it's giving me minor cramps and spotting. I definitely should have finished spotting from my period by now. And I have a scan in the morning so that'll be a little messy (sorry for TMI).

hello moobear and little_orchid!

#10 HappyWomble

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

Update - had scan today: 3 follicles. One the left side I have 2, one is bigger than the other. FS is worried that they're too big already. I said I'm known to have big follicles wink.gif But we're checking hormone levels regularly this week. I also have an endometrioma on the left side. Have to start injecting puregon and taking mini aspirin. More bloods on Thursday. HSG also on Thursday and back in to the FS on Friday for scans to see how the follicles are (assuming HSG doesn't show tubes blocked). Then I'll be getting an IUI some time after that. Busy week!

#11 MooBearCalfCub

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hi All,

Jewels - seems like we are on par with our cycle plans ... my first scan today too, I would be more than happy to take some of your follicles as I can't seem to get enough of them and when I do get one, not really decent size. Had polycystic ovary on the left and only 1 follicle on the right measuring 12x9. Back for a scan on Thursday, possible iui over the weekend if that one follicle becomes promising.

jjc -hope all goes well at the hospital.

#12 HappyWomble

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

wow MooBearCalfCub! we are exactly in sync this month! Are you on a stim cycle? I took letrozole from day 2-6, and am now on 100IU FSH (Puregon) injections until I am ready to ovulate, then the trigger shot. I'll definitely be back here on Thursday so we can celebrate/commiserate together! Fingers crossed for you!

jjc - of course hoping Thursday goes well for you too.

#13 MooBearCalfCub

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

well... how did you all go?

jjc - how did the hospital go? when do you get results?

jewels - how did your scan go?

mine didn't do go so well. The one and only follie i had on monday, which only measured 11mm, has not grown at all, not even a mm. We were expecting it to be at least 18 mm by today. Uping my fsh dosage to 100 starting tomorrow and seeing how that goes with another scan on Monday - starting to really get over this now! I come home from that appointment to find one of my fur children has skin off around his eye which is looking a bit nasty so off to spend more money at the vet very shortly. Never ends!

Hope you have all had a better day than mine. But chin's up hey!

#14 HappyWomble

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

MooBear - so sorry to hear your follicle didn't grow sad.gif and to cap it off with injured fur babies - just not on!  rant.gif

I ended up with 4 large follicles. The HSG showed good clear tubes (oh, and it didn't hurt at all, just slightly uncomfortable at the very end). I'm doing a trigger shot tonight and having my IUI on Sunday. FS said there's a chance of multiples. I'm not impressed but DH is delighted at the possibility of an immediate full size family. Am hoping we just get the one. Actually any BFP would be awesome after 4 years of trying!

By the way, am now OK with the FSH shots although I gave myself an excellent bruise yesterday. Apparently the trigger shots actually hurt. sad.gif I then have to use a lower dose on Wednesday, the following Saturday, then the Wednesday after that. Then have bloods taken 16 days after the IUI.

jjc - are you OK?

little_orchid - you must be around about the business end of an IVF cycle by now how is it going/did it go?

Edited for spelling

Edited by jewels1970, 15 April 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#15 HappyWomble

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

I put a question about IUI timing in Assisted Conception General, but thought I'd add it here too cos you ladies are more likely to know:

I'm due to have my first IUI tomorrow morning. I had my trigger shot last night (and we BDd wink.gif). This morning my temp shot up, so now I'm worried an IUI tomorrow morning will be too late.

Anyone help me out here? I tried calling the clinic but they're not answering (they're on minimal staff on the weekends). Will this month be a washout because the IUI is too late?

Edited by jewels1970, 16 April 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#16 jjc1

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

hi all
Hospital went ok tubes clear no polps ?? and sent some tissue off for a histrology?? Started back on clomid today 75mg i forgot how bad the side effects are so i have my first appointment on tues for d12 blood test and then daily until it looks like i will surge then u/s and possible trigger and then back for the iui i didn't think i would be getting excited about daily blood test but i am cause it is somthing new.

Jewels can't help sorry this is my first month fingers crossed you catch it.

Moobear hope fur baby is ok and so sorry your follie didn't grow are the still able to do something.

Moobear and jewels when do you go in for your iui

#17 MooBearCalfCub

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hi ladies,

jjc1 good to hear that you got good news regarding your tubes, hopefully same good news with results from samples you sent off. how many iui's have you done? I'm not a big fan of blood tests, never feel that great afterwards.

my 2nd round of iui has been cancelled after 16 days of injections, 3 u/s and consultations. i'm not responding and still only had 1 follie at only 13mm and I was on day 19 so we're not going to go ahead and looks like we aremoving straight onto ivf in the upcoming month/s.

Furbaby last week had his sore eye which turned out to be a nasty bump, and then over the weekend got an allergic reaction to canned dog food (don't normally feed them that but all we could get at the time) so between him and me we have spent over $600 this week on medical stuff! (and that was even with cancelling the iui)

Just waiting on my doc to get back from easter holidays to go through the finer details of ivf.

i am hoping for some BFP from members who are in their 2ww - let us know!

#18 HappyWomble

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

jjc - glad the hysteroscopy went well. Were you under or were you able to see what they were doing? I found the HSG to be very interesting to watch. Daily bloods! I reckon I'd start to feel a bit feint after a few days! But I know what you mean about feeling good about it. I've felt the same about all the injections - it's different so it feels like progress. No words of wisdom about the clomid, sorry. I took letrozole which has fewer side effects (thank goodness!). Did they do a lipoidal flush while they were looking at your tubes? Apparently it increases your chances of a sticky one in the following 2-3 months.

MooBearCalfCub - so sorry to hear your IUI was cancelled and you're moving to IVF. People tend to think that dogs will eat anything, but they're actually quite sensitive to processed foods and easily get allergies. We has some particularly sensitive whippets when I was growing up. I hope your fur baby is feeling better now.

Big hugs to you both  bbighug.gif

#19 jjc1

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

hi
No i was asleep because the did a d&c aswell samples were all good they sent away.This is my first cycle of iui so its exciting that this could possibly work. Finger crossed.

Moobear sorry you cycle was cancelled hope the ivf works fisrt time. Look after yourself.

Have a great easter.

#20 HappyWomble

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

jjc - glad the samples came back all good! The first cycle is certainly an eye-opener! Make sure you ask lots of questions and repeat back tp them your understanding of what's going on. Bring your questions on paper if you think you'll forget at the appointment. I'm currently 6DPO and I have 10 days to go before my next blood test (assuming AF doesn't show up first).

#21 jjc1

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

hi
Update for this week been having daily bloods since tues e2 kept going up then dropping then up again so have an u/s this morn and they decided to give me my trigger tonight then up to the clinic on sun morn for iui i wimped out on doing trigger so a friend came and did it (dh didn't want to jab me either) so it hurt a little fingers crossed it will work and i will be pg for dh bday in 2 weeks time.

Jewels where are you up to in your cycle?

#22 HappyWomble

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

jjc1 - good luck for tomorrow morning! IUI is pretty straightforward and doesn't hurt. I did the trigger myself - it hurts a little when you first start pushing it in, then it's OK. I'm on DPO13. Waiting till Monday before I even consider POAS.

#23 jjc1

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

hi
Well it all went ok had what felt like ovulation pains today after iui back for bloods next sat and then prob week after.
Jewels everything crossed when you decide to poas.

#24 HappyWomble

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

jjc - my chart is looking nice and getting interesting EPS/IPS. I get a blood test tomorrow, and find about around lunch time. Why are you getting bloods taken a week after IUI? I had to wait 16days. Are they monitoring anything in particular?

#25 jjc1

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

goodluck with the blood test everything still crossed. I have to gat a bllod test sat so they can see my progeterone levels and make sure i don't need any prog support then one the following week for pg sinece i had an ectopic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.