103 replies to this topic

#1 GeraniumQueen

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

New thread time

link to last thread

#2 little.orchid

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

Hi JJC1 and welcome waves.gif

I have never taken clomid just went straight to gonal-f injections (jabs as I call them), but after the 1st jab it gets a lot easier.

Good luck with your cycle rolleyes.gif

#3 HappyWomble

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

Hello all the new girls!

I'm hoping that this, my last "natural" cycle will be successful, otherwise I start my first IUI next month. So I'm in the 2WW. My cycle will be stimulated with letrazole, then I don't know what they'll trigger ovulation with. I'm also having an HSG in the same cycle. I'm guessing the IUI will be cancelled if the HSG showed bad tubes sad.gif

Edited by jewels1970, 26 March 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#4 little.orchid

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:29 AM

Well ladies its a BFN for me... so off to IVF for us next month.

Good luck with your cycles!

#5 MooBearCalfCub

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

Hi All,

I am new to this thred but have been mainly a "looker" and every now and again a "sharer" in other threds regarding TTC with Clomid. Love reading everyone's stories knowing I am not alone out there. I am 26, DH is 27 and we have been TTC since January 2009. Have been told I have PCOS. Did Clomid for 6 months with all BFN's.

Had first round of IUI in February this year which also was a BFN. From what I understand, I produced one follie, however did not have a LH surge therefore no egg released (?)
Starting injections again in two days for our second IUI attempt. I take puregon from day 2 until day of procedure with a trigger of pregnyl the day before procedure.

I am at wits ends with it all now. Everyone around us are having babies, even those who ideally are not in the position to be having them. I don't know where my head is going to be at if we have to do more IUI before IVF. I know IVF will be tougher mentally and physically, but I just don't want to be wasting any more time on IUI if its not going to work.

How's everyone else coping? Do I need to just take a teaspoon (or tablespoon) of cement?

Good Luck all for upcoming APRIL!

#6 HappyWomble

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

MooBearCalfCub - so it sounds like your first IUI didn't include a trigger shot for ovulation? I'm still new to this too. No need for the cement! This is all very tough, so it'd be unusual if you weren't having some coping issues. Make sure you use the counselling services of your clinic if it gets too bad. I'm stil in the 2WW of my last natural cycle and I'm hoping so much I don't have to do an IUI cycle next month, or get the HSG. That is, bring on the BFP for this month!!!

Good luck for your cycle this month, MooBear. Sorry to see you go little_orchard, hope you get better luck with IVF.

#7 HappyWomble

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hello - a bit slow in here...

Well, this natural cycle didn't work, so I'm starting letrozole on Friday, have my 6 day scan on Monday and start my FSH injections then. I have an HSG next Thursday and my IUI most likely next Sunday or Monday week. Busy busy...

Any good news out there?

#8 jjc1

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

hi all
moobear hope you have a better time this month

jewels 1970 goodluck with scan on monday.

I have my appointment with the nurse on wed to find out what we will do i think we are doing clomid with a trigger shot. I am going to hospital on thurs for a d and c and another hysteroscopy before we start. Has anyone had an amh test. I had one done and the results weren't to good.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

#9 HappyWomble

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

jjc - you're certainly in the wars at the moment! I hope your D&C goes smoothly. How is a hysteroscopy different from a laparoscopy? I've had an AMH but fortunately my score was very good (for my age: 13 at 40yo).

I've been on letrozole for 5 days now and I think it's giving me minor cramps and spotting. I definitely should have finished spotting from my period by now. And I have a scan in the morning so that'll be a little messy (sorry for TMI).

hello moobear and little_orchid!

#10 HappyWomble

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

Update - had scan today: 3 follicles. One the left side I have 2, one is bigger than the other. FS is worried that they're too big already. I said I'm known to have big follicles wink.gif But we're checking hormone levels regularly this week. I also have an endometrioma on the left side. Have to start injecting puregon and taking mini aspirin. More bloods on Thursday. HSG also on Thursday and back in to the FS on Friday for scans to see how the follicles are (assuming HSG doesn't show tubes blocked). Then I'll be getting an IUI some time after that. Busy week!

#11 MooBearCalfCub

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hi All,

Jewels - seems like we are on par with our cycle plans ... my first scan today too, I would be more than happy to take some of your follicles as I can't seem to get enough of them and when I do get one, not really decent size. Had polycystic ovary on the left and only 1 follicle on the right measuring 12x9. Back for a scan on Thursday, possible iui over the weekend if that one follicle becomes promising.

jjc -hope all goes well at the hospital.

#12 HappyWomble

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

wow MooBearCalfCub! we are exactly in sync this month! Are you on a stim cycle? I took letrozole from day 2-6, and am now on 100IU FSH (Puregon) injections until I am ready to ovulate, then the trigger shot. I'll definitely be back here on Thursday so we can celebrate/commiserate together! Fingers crossed for you!

jjc - of course hoping Thursday goes well for you too.

#13 MooBearCalfCub

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

well... how did you all go?

jjc - how did the hospital go? when do you get results?

jewels - how did your scan go?

mine didn't do go so well. The one and only follie i had on monday, which only measured 11mm, has not grown at all, not even a mm. We were expecting it to be at least 18 mm by today. Uping my fsh dosage to 100 starting tomorrow and seeing how that goes with another scan on Monday - starting to really get over this now! I come home from that appointment to find one of my fur children has skin off around his eye which is looking a bit nasty so off to spend more money at the vet very shortly. Never ends!

Hope you have all had a better day than mine. But chin's up hey!

#14 HappyWomble

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

MooBear - so sorry to hear your follicle didn't grow sad.gif and to cap it off with injured fur babies - just not on!  rant.gif

I ended up with 4 large follicles. The HSG showed good clear tubes (oh, and it didn't hurt at all, just slightly uncomfortable at the very end). I'm doing a trigger shot tonight and having my IUI on Sunday. FS said there's a chance of multiples. I'm not impressed but DH is delighted at the possibility of an immediate full size family. Am hoping we just get the one. Actually any BFP would be awesome after 4 years of trying!

By the way, am now OK with the FSH shots although I gave myself an excellent bruise yesterday. Apparently the trigger shots actually hurt. sad.gif I then have to use a lower dose on Wednesday, the following Saturday, then the Wednesday after that. Then have bloods taken 16 days after the IUI.

jjc - are you OK?

little_orchid - you must be around about the business end of an IVF cycle by now how is it going/did it go?

Edited for spelling

Edited by jewels1970, 15 April 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#15 HappyWomble

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

I put a question about IUI timing in Assisted Conception General, but thought I'd add it here too cos you ladies are more likely to know:

I'm due to have my first IUI tomorrow morning. I had my trigger shot last night (and we BDd wink.gif). This morning my temp shot up, so now I'm worried an IUI tomorrow morning will be too late.

Anyone help me out here? I tried calling the clinic but they're not answering (they're on minimal staff on the weekends). Will this month be a washout because the IUI is too late?

Edited by jewels1970, 16 April 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#16 jjc1

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

hi all
Hospital went ok tubes clear no polps ?? and sent some tissue off for a histrology?? Started back on clomid today 75mg i forgot how bad the side effects are so i have my first appointment on tues for d12 blood test and then daily until it looks like i will surge then u/s and possible trigger and then back for the iui i didn't think i would be getting excited about daily blood test but i am cause it is somthing new.

Jewels can't help sorry this is my first month fingers crossed you catch it.

Moobear hope fur baby is ok and so sorry your follie didn't grow are the still able to do something.

Moobear and jewels when do you go in for your iui

#17 MooBearCalfCub

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hi ladies,

jjc1 good to hear that you got good news regarding your tubes, hopefully same good news with results from samples you sent off. how many iui's have you done? I'm not a big fan of blood tests, never feel that great afterwards.

my 2nd round of iui has been cancelled after 16 days of injections, 3 u/s and consultations. i'm not responding and still only had 1 follie at only 13mm and I was on day 19 so we're not going to go ahead and looks like we aremoving straight onto ivf in the upcoming month/s.

Furbaby last week had his sore eye which turned out to be a nasty bump, and then over the weekend got an allergic reaction to canned dog food (don't normally feed them that but all we could get at the time) so between him and me we have spent over $600 this week on medical stuff! (and that was even with cancelling the iui)

Just waiting on my doc to get back from easter holidays to go through the finer details of ivf.

i am hoping for some BFP from members who are in their 2ww - let us know!

#18 HappyWomble

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

jjc - glad the hysteroscopy went well. Were you under or were you able to see what they were doing? I found the HSG to be very interesting to watch. Daily bloods! I reckon I'd start to feel a bit feint after a few days! But I know what you mean about feeling good about it. I've felt the same about all the injections - it's different so it feels like progress. No words of wisdom about the clomid, sorry. I took letrozole which has fewer side effects (thank goodness!). Did they do a lipoidal flush while they were looking at your tubes? Apparently it increases your chances of a sticky one in the following 2-3 months.

MooBearCalfCub - so sorry to hear your IUI was cancelled and you're moving to IVF. People tend to think that dogs will eat anything, but they're actually quite sensitive to processed foods and easily get allergies. We has some particularly sensitive whippets when I was growing up. I hope your fur baby is feeling better now.

Big hugs to you both  bbighug.gif

#19 jjc1

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

hi
No i was asleep because the did a d&c aswell samples were all good they sent away.This is my first cycle of iui so its exciting that this could possibly work. Finger crossed.

Moobear sorry you cycle was cancelled hope the ivf works fisrt time. Look after yourself.

Have a great easter.

#20 HappyWomble

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

jjc - glad the samples came back all good! The first cycle is certainly an eye-opener! Make sure you ask lots of questions and repeat back tp them your understanding of what's going on. Bring your questions on paper if you think you'll forget at the appointment. I'm currently 6DPO and I have 10 days to go before my next blood test (assuming AF doesn't show up first).

#21 jjc1

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

hi
Update for this week been having daily bloods since tues e2 kept going up then dropping then up again so have an u/s this morn and they decided to give me my trigger tonight then up to the clinic on sun morn for iui i wimped out on doing trigger so a friend came and did it (dh didn't want to jab me either) so it hurt a little fingers crossed it will work and i will be pg for dh bday in 2 weeks time.

Jewels where are you up to in your cycle?

#22 HappyWomble

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

jjc1 - good luck for tomorrow morning! IUI is pretty straightforward and doesn't hurt. I did the trigger myself - it hurts a little when you first start pushing it in, then it's OK. I'm on DPO13. Waiting till Monday before I even consider POAS.

#23 jjc1

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

hi
Well it all went ok had what felt like ovulation pains today after iui back for bloods next sat and then prob week after.
Jewels everything crossed when you decide to poas.

#24 HappyWomble

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

jjc - my chart is looking nice and getting interesting EPS/IPS. I get a blood test tomorrow, and find about around lunch time. Why are you getting bloods taken a week after IUI? I had to wait 16days. Are they monitoring anything in particular?

#25 jjc1

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

goodluck with the blood test everything still crossed. I have to gat a bllod test sat so they can see my progeterone levels and make sure i don't need any prog support then one the following week for pg sinece i had an ectopic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Why are there so few sexy maternity bras?

Rather than feeling ashamed of their post-baby bodies, women should be free to buy lingerie that makes them look attractive and pretty - no matter what stage of life they're in.

Toddler Alliyah one step closer to first trip home

She has lived the first 14 months of her life in a hospital intensive care unit, but Alliyah Broadby's parents hope to finally take their little girl home with them.

'Put people before IVF profits': IVF pioneer Alan Trounson

IVF could be done for hundreds of dollars in Australia instead of $8500 if clinics stopped charging what ''the market will handle'', a pioneer of the technology says.

Expectant parents urged to swap the pub for bub

Nearly one in five women drink while pregnant, but a current campaign is trying to drive down that unhealthy statistic.

Nutella supplies threatened by bad weather

There's bad news for fans of Nutella, the gooey, chocolatey hazelnut spread.

The cost of growing your own vegies

Does it make financial sense to grow your own veggies, or are you better off ordering produce from the local food co-op?

Breastfeeding mums less likely to suffer from PND, but all need support

A new study has shown the a complex relationship between a mother?s intention to breastfeed, her ability to do so, and postnatal depression.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Going viral

Mum gives birth at school

After four decades in the industry, pest controller John Birkett couldn't believe what he found in one woman's bedroom.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.